• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Page

2,591 posts in this topic

Posted

Liam Windshard checking in. :D

Posted (edited)

Looks like I will be PK´d by a lot of Harry Potter fans :) Price im willing to pay tbh.

Sin título.png

Edited by Cassiopeia Slytherin
2 people like this

Posted

Aww yea, can't wait!  

did you notice that ex-hentai tab LOL.

3 people like this

Posted

Looks like I will be PK´d by a lot of Harry Potter fans :) Price im willing to pay tbh.

Sin título.png

you're going to be PK'd on the principle that you took the name some fans wanted, and on other principles as well. but name snipe!

Posted

#<number>?

Blizzard has it also.

i think that was mostly to do with the handle/creator name, not the char name.
eg. char name = spider jerusalem ,handle name = transmetropolitan#12345
and from what i recall blizzard still had the unique name lock in place for the char names in WoW.

Posted

you're going to be PK'd on the principle that you took the name some fans wanted, and on other principles as well. but name snipe!

IM ALSO A FAN, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO???

Posted

IM ALSO A FAN, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO???

I'm not saying what you did was wrong, actually it was very much right. but as a fan, you must now form alliances with those who admire you for getting the name, and defend your title against those who's jealousy cloud their judgement......... 

=_= For Slytherin

Posted (edited)

Doesn't mean people shouldn't just be fine with it. Don't get me wrong, I don't support flaming and massive amounts of rage and salt over something like a name. But part of pre-ordering was getting to reserve a name. I think it's fine to be upset over not getting what you want as long as you aren't being a you-know-what about it. Just as they have the same right to reserve a name, we do to and we didn't get what we hopped for. Telling people to deal with it is like telling someone looking for a transplant to deal with it because there are other people on the list. It's all fair, but please don't expect everyone to be happy about it.

As someone who has had an organ transplant i just want to say. Your comparison is spot on! My transplant changed my life, just as reserving my name... in an mmo... which is a game... has changed my life too.

Every time I go a day without having to go on a dialysis machine i think to myself how lucky i am and how grateful I am that I live in a country that allowed me to live a normal life again. Now I shall be thankful that I have reserved my character name in BDO. These are really happy times for me.

/end sarcasm

PS: On a serious note. They pretty much do tell you to "deal with it" and you have no choice but to wait because there are other people on the transplant list. You know why? Because that is how it is and everyone involved are adults. Unlike on these forums.

Edited by SeriousRob
3 people like this

Posted

I'm not saying what you did was wrong, actually it was very much right. but as a fan, you must now form alliances with those who admire you for getting the name, and defend your title against those who's jealousy cloud their judgement......... 
=_= For Slytherin

FOR SLYTHERIN!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on making a guild later on :P related to this family name, or just join a HP related one. 

1 person likes this

Posted

FOR SLYTHERIN!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on making a guild later on :P related to this family name, or just join a HP related one. 

Nice! best of luck.

and may the odds be ever in your favor.... wait! damn wrong fandom!
I mean May the for- no that's not the right one either
What does the HP fandom say!?

Posted

did you notice that ex-hentai tab LOL.

Oh...and hes got good taste in secret hentai sites?!  I think i found my new best friend!

1 person likes this

Posted

When they take one but not the other...

eEEg2jY.jpg
I don't even want this family name now but I'm stuck with it. Hurrah. Time to be xXLuka1337Xx.

Could be wrong but think i saw someone use Luka for a star wars reference earlier in the thread xD

Posted

Why hello fellow pone lover.  I feel we must team up and spread the degeneracy everywhere.

eyup.png

nice hentai tab xD i mean-n name c:

2 people like this

Posted

Who got Gandalf? because im super pissed right now I wanna find you in game and make my karma so f******* by pking ur ass, yup ik super salty >:/

Posted

nice hentai tab xD i mean-n name c:

Oh, oh no not the other degeneracy.  You weren't supposed to see that, well I'll just count myself lucky you can't see the full title.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

As someone who has had an organ transplant i just want to say. Your comparison is spot on! My transplant changed my life, just as reserving my name... in an mmo... which is a game... has changed my life too.

Every time I go a day without having to go on a dialysis machine i think to myself how lucky i am and how grateful I am that I live in a country that allowed me to live a normal life again. Now I shall be thankful that I have reserved my character name in BDO. These are really happy times for me.

/end sarcasm

PS: On a serious note. They pretty much do tell you to "deal with it" and you have no choice but to wait because there are other people on the transplant list. You know why? Because that is how it is and everyone involved are adults. Unlike on these forums.

I'm glad to see you're having the time of your life. MMOs are becoming the forefront of living and soon enough will be reconfigured towards training of specific careers like doctors, lawyers, and being a world leader. Except we already have those. They're called "Simulators".

Joking aside...Just like how they shouldn't be treated as actual training, nor should my comment be a completely direct comparison to an actual transplant. It's getting a feel of the frustration without having to actually experience said comparison. Simply put; you want something that others also have the right to get, but you aren't the one who gets it. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated. Whether it be an organ transplant or reserving a name on an MMO after pre-order...you're not always going to get what you want, and you should expect people to be sour. Telling people to deal with it only causes more frustration. It's better to either find an alternative solution or let them have their venting and let the moderators deal with posts that go off the deep end.

Could be wrong but think i saw someone use Luka for a star wars reference earlier in the thread xD

Bummer. Whenever we can reset again I'll be going through tons of combinations and hoping to find one I like.

Edited by Saiyer

Posted

name res.PNG

Posted (edited)

{}

Edited by Someone Else

Posted

Can we hide our family name on some of our characters or is it always displayed? (Like in swtor we had the ability to hide our legacy surname) I'm guessing it's the same way here right?

Posted

I paid 99 EURO for this game. I did not get a notification by e-mail about name reservation, so I lost my chance to get the names I wanted. Also people who paid for less get to reserve their name with people who paid more?

Fix this or I want a full Refund. Blade and Soul is a better game because of PVP.

Posted

when will you be able to reset your names again?

Posted

I may change my family name. Not sure yet. My character name is ready for blader.

bdo.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

All the good names are gone so fast!

Posted (edited)

Im so glad I got to reserve my names (character name mostly) first time ive ever been able to be called DarkMagic in a mmo

Character name: DarkMagic (obviously)

Family name: PraiseTheSun                   :3

Curious to see if anyone else tried for that name : D

Edited by DarkMagic

Posted (edited)

I paid 99 EURO for this game. I did not get a notification by e-mail about name reservation, so I lost my chance to get the names I wanted. Also people who paid for less get to reserve their name with people who paid more?

Fix this or I want a full Refund. Blade and Soul is a better game because of PVP.

I'm sorry you didn't get to take advantage of the name reservation like many others have. Perhaps there are other unique or interesting names you might be able to take advantage of while the Name Reservation feature is being offered to us here in the community?

I understand how frustrating this can be, not being able to reserve the names we might be interested in, however, I feel that it is appropriate to provide the name reservation feature to all those that paid to enjoy Black Desert Online. The staff have been working hard on our behalf, and did not have to offer this feature to the community. I would also like to note that while, again, this may be frustrating for you, offering this service to paying customers is the correct move. The 99 Euro has helped you procure items that you will not receive, nor will any others be able to access upon release of the game, as well as providing you with an ample head start. All of this has been properly advertised and displayed on the pre-order page. The amount you pay for a package has no influence on this particular service, as it has been advertised as a perk of ALL packages.

If you'd like, we can communicate, and discuss alternative names that may suit your liking?

Again, I wish you the best, and I hope you'll stick around to give Black Desert a try. When you play, you may find that the PvP is just as good, or maybe even better than Blade and Soul.

Good luck in your adventures on Black Desert!

Edited by CaitoStreet
1 person likes this