• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Page

2,591 posts in this topic

Posted

i had hard time get pass the break down when it came open but am happy i got my names i want :D name.thumb.jpg.ec7415654dc96df51b7b6ac7b

1 person likes this

Posted

So I just have to respond to the overwhelming number of people saying "omg such salt, stop complaining" to people who are unhappy with how the name reservation was executed.

That's great that it worked fine for you, but a lot of people paid for something they did not receive.  It's perfectly legitimate to be upset that you paid for something you didn't receive.

Daum chose to sell way more name reservations than theycould handle, and a lot of people were unable to get a fair shot for 40+ minutes.  And there's no way for Daum to "fix it" it was something they had 1 shot at doing right, and they didn't.  So if you were one of those people who got in fine and got your name, that's great for you.   

But try to understand the reality of what has happened, and what this probably means for launch, before you salty meme customers who got screwed.

I agree.  Most of the people who are making comments about others being "salty" over not getting their names, probably were lucky enough to get their names and now feel it's okay to act that way towards people who weren't so lucky.  These things never quite work out right- there were a lot of errors and small glitches that prevented some from being able to get through.  It wasn't just a "you weren't fast enough" problem- it was a "site is down, site is up, reload, hope to get lucky, or a 'you don't have a ticket'" problem. 

Yes, these things were greatly expected (at least by me, how the heck did they think their site would be able to handle THAT many people trying to grab their names??) but still sucks for those that lost out on their favorite names due to the issues.

Posted

So, uhm, you pointing out that my opinion of your opinion being rude is rude? ... That's just rude! 9_9 Jk. (By the way, taking a name just because you don't want someone else to have it is not an opinion, it's an action, so no, I never said your opinion is rude) :) 

And, well, sorry to hear that you feel so strongly about it, because he has that name and won't be giving it up. :|

On an unrelated note, and to deviate from useless arguments here, I believe I saw some pictures of your sorceress on another forums awhile back and I have to say- she's one of the coolest characters I've seen by far.  Nice job!  :) 

Thanks I'm rather proud of her. She'll have some minor tweaks come release but her general image will remain mostly the same. Just planning to take advantage of the new hair colors, to give her a slightly more vibrant purple tone as opposed to the purple I managed to fake with KR BDOs rather bland palette. I'm glad the work I put in is enjoyed by others for sure. Thanks again.

Anyways yeah you're right he won't be giving it up, it's just a huge bummer to me. I didn't really want the name myself I tend to lean towards my own unique names, with a family name that's familiar but esoteric. 

I'd get into why it's so off putting to me truly but it's not the right thread for it as you expressed.

Its just a super bummer to me : /

Posted (edited)

So I just have to respond to the overwhelming number of people saying "omg such salt, stop complaining" to people who are unhappy with how the name reservation was executed.

That's great that it worked fine for you, but a lot of people paid for something they did not receive.  It's perfectly legitimate to be upset that you paid for something you didn't receive.

Daum chose to sell way more name reservations than theycould handle, and a lot of people were unable to get a fair shot for 40+ minutes.  And there's no way for Daum to fix it now. It was something they had one shot at doing right, and they didn't.  So if you were one of those people who got in fine and got your name, that's great for you.   

But try to understand the reality of what has happened, and what this probably means for launch, before you salty meme customers who got screwed.

It was never guaranteed. It is not the cause of salt.

The saltshaker was the servers being completely broken for about 30 minutes while some lucky people magic'd their way through and got names before any of us thought it was possible. Now I have to settle for an underscore. Disgusting. Why don't we have spaces?

Edited by Kyle Hyde

Posted

Thanks I'm rather proud of her. She'll have some minor tweaks come release but her general image will remain mostly the same. Just planning to take advantage of the new hair colors, to give her a slightly more vibrant purple tone as opposed to the purple I managed to fake with KR BDOs rather bland palette. I'm glad the work I put in is enjoyed by others for sure. Thanks again.

Anyways yeah you're right he won't be giving it up, it's just a huge bummer to me. I didn't really want the name myself I tend to lean towards my own unique names, with a family name that's familiar but esoteric. 

I'd get into why it's so off putting to me truly but it's not the right thread for it as you expressed.

Yes, I understand that.  Maybe I can get him to tone it down a bit, but he'll always be a bit of a trouble-seeker. :/ 

And I agree with the colors- I'm sooo very happy that they have so many vibrant choices.  I usually just have basic black hair styles, but I've been experimenting all the way from an edgy cut with black hair and purple/pink/white tips to a straight part-down-the-middle style, bright orange fading down into hot pink. xD  Not gonna even mention all the eye choices. :S 

I'm the same way on names- I'm actually glad to rather have just the "Family Name" as Asuna simply because like I said, my guild members call me that no matter what, but I'm still able to give my characters individual, more creative names that are more suiting to their individual styles.   

Posted

Is name reservation lasting all the way until launch?

Posted

Until the 26th, along with the ability to pre-order, I imagine. 

Is name reservation lasting all the way until launch?

Posted

I will help ya with that if ya help me kill the one that took Everdeen

Ye . We will hunt those weebs.

Posted

Express it on my guild recruitment thread please

Posted

Character Save.jpg

Posted

Reserved my name within the first 20 minutes, alot of page refreshing, haha. I am happy, Yay! :) Hope everyone had luck with reserving their names and am sorry for those who didn't get to reserve the names they wanted :(

Jora Leingod.PNG

Posted

Naughtius maximus, biggus dickus, incontinentia buttucks

I wonder if anyone will take them or if they are taken. 

Posted

The person who took Uchiha. Just remember I will make your life miserable until you leave the game. 24/7 I will pk you. I will hire other people to pk you. Just be prepared. This is my utmost priority. 

thats kinda childish they didnt take "Your" name everyone and anyone can get that name.

2 people like this

Posted

Express it on my guild recruitment thread please

oh so I can converse with a whole bunch of people who will run in to troll me for my feelings in order to defend you on a generally meaningless subject? No thanks.

Posted

thats kinda childish they didnt take "Your" name everyone and anyone can get that name.

It is taking my name when i can not log in for trash server and someone else can  because they are closer  to the server

If it was the same race then i wouldnt compain.

But u r right i am being childish but i could care less now. I JUST NEED THAT BOY OR GIRLS BLOOD!

Posted

oh so I can converse with a whole bunch of people who will run in to troll me for my feelings in order to defend you on a generally meaningless subject? No thanks.

our guild recruitment threads aren't really a place for people to defend LC but rather a place to voice your anger and contempt for LC so we don't have to take it all over the forums. we like to offer an avenue to vent.

Posted

It is taking my name when i can not log in for trash server and someone else can  because they are closer  to the server

If it was the same race then i wouldnt compain.

But u r right i am being childish but i could care less now. I JUST NEED THAT BOY OR GIRLS BLOOD!

lol to be fair i do understand the frustration and childish was not the right word of choice of mine and im sorry for that

Posted

:o we have almost the same family name. I have Cray! I hope we meet on na :D

HAHA sweet! We should meet up on NA! :)

Posted

My first choice of family name and character name was taken by the same person, but I am not mad over it and got myself a decent family+character name. People need to learn that none of those names are entitled to them, not even their official name IRL, many people might have the same name as you.

2 people like this

Posted

I essentially got the names I wanted. Had to use an uppercase i for an L, but it looks all the same, so I'm happy.

However, the execution of the name reserving wasn't done as well as I had hoped. 40 mins of downtime before I could even get to the page, despite being here 2+ hours early and waiting.

No salt or tears, just feedback.

Posted

Mamaste! xD

Saludos desde Guadalajara ;D

Madre de Dios xDDDD que rico está el arroz con leche 

Posted

I don't think either of you have very much to worry about, infact, you dodged a bullet I would say considering how abysmally terrible both Sao and Naruto is. 

Posted

Not sure if i should be happy with my Names or not :/ I'm so indecisive 

Name.png

Posted

Untitled.thumb.png.98edeaf050a0346cd58ed

Posted

Not sure if i should be happy with my Names or not :/ I'm so indecisive 

Name.png

Well you can always change it :D