• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

IGN interview 19/8

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

yay they start showing awakening, but we are f#ed because we are going to need to wait for months to get all awakening ¬¬9_9

Edited by woots

Posted

I can't watch because I'm on night shift. If anyone can give a tldr of what's said about bdo

Posted

Warrior awakening coming 31st of aug, others weekly/ biweekly after.

P2W is not an issue due to limits.

Naval update november/december.

Posted

like it or not why didn't they have those 2 at the gamescon panel instead of the dance party german guy?

rick etc actually talked about the game instead of giving out t shirts

Posted

BDO is at 1hour and 35 minutes, don't know if that is going to change due to it being live though.

Posted

I really hope that(even though only warrior is first) they will release more than 1 class at a time.

Posted

Poor guys seem exhausted, and there's still days to go until the end of Gamescom. They're going to get home and drop asleep for a week.

Regardless of my position on certain recent decisions, I have to give them credit for handling themselves well in the interview despite that tiredness.

Posted (edited)

I see where all the money is going they for sure ant hungry.

Edited by Stoney

Posted

I love hearing Rick talk about how the game isn't P2W. Complete PR bullshit. I bet Jouska is glad he didn't have to discuss it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Indeed, talking about how it's not P2W and then saying "the ghillie suit was considered p2w cause you couldn't see opponents health bars" - questioning the whole "we actually play the game" nonsense they're tossing out every now and again.

Posted

Despite the awakening BS, that was a nice interview.

Posted

That bastard never mentioned the only important future update the communities waiting for... the costume exchange ticket!

1 person likes this

Posted

That bastard never mentioned the only important future update the communities waiting for... the costume exchange ticket!

Maybe that is important for you but dont say the community 

Posted

Excellent interview.  I'm very excited by the upcoming content.  This game just gets better and better.

Posted

IMO good interview, they ain't afraid to speak about problems, and they say truth about it not being p2w. Overall - really nice.

1 person likes this

Posted

Q: comunity criticism  about p2w?

A: "i can understand that alot of people preceive it this way but this system was already built into the game from very early staged and was rolled out at this time and if you now look at how the market self regulates you need to sell a lot of premium items in order to get enough silver to do anything meaningful with it. so at the moment we are closely looking how it is unfolding and we  are closely monitoring the in game economy but at the moment i think its very hard to justify that its pay to win because the market balances itself out. another reason why we implemented it was that we want to give players a legitimate way to get silver. because our service has a lot of problems with  gold selling and real money trade. and additionally we also have a big part of the community that wants to be able get access to these items even though that they are not willing to invest into the cash shop and now they have after buying the base game they can basically grind that themselves and basically obtain everything thats available in the game"

Q: so with this new content update that give you a chance to address these concerns that you are hearing from you community are you doing anything with this next patch?

A: "obviously we are updating the game gradually and we are making adjustment where we see fit. we also made a limitation in the system that is unique to our service, north america and europe, where people can only sell 5 premium items per week. so we put a lot of limitations in there to make sure that the p2w argument doesnt hold well"

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

Q: what kind of challenges have you face since launch

A: we have a very passionate community and the community is also very vocal and they have a right to be of course so weve made some some decisions that wasnt liked by everybody. we had some scrutiny around the ghilie suit which was regard is a p2w item as well because it had special abilities because you could not see the lifebar of your adversary but later we introduced counter measures for that to balance it all out. and the developers feel we need to have some changes to different classes and some changes also in some of the costumes to make sure the game plays interesting enough for that to happen but all in all i think BDO both as pve and pvp is relatively well balanced 
-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

"additionally we also have a big part of the community that wants to be able get access to these items even though that they are not willing to invest into the cash shop and now they have after buying the base game they can basically grind that themselves and basically obtain everything thats available in the game"

they can basically grind that themselves and basically obtain everything thats available in the game
so your are telling me i can grind and get everything that on the cash shop?? 
oh wait nope the pvp p2w item is still locked to cash shop along with some of the other major function and convenience items
not to mention i have personally spent hours sitting at the market place trying to get a value pack for hours upon hours with no luck 
there needs to be some kind of limitation on people buying items as well... like 1 value pack every other week
needs limits for pets too.. i have managed to get one fox and only because i managed to win it through the broken bid system

people can only sell 5 premium items per week. so we put a lot of limitations in there to make sure that the p2w argument doesnt hold well
its still real world money for in game money no matter how p2w its still p2w if i put the same amount of time in as someone else and they can pay to have more
like if you can make 100m a week in game from grinding and a person makes that too along with another 100m because they can p2w its still p2w

we had some scrutiny around the ghilie suit which was regard is a p2w item as well because it had special abilities because you could not see the lifebar of your adversary but later we introduced counter measures for that to balance it all out
are you kidding me every person that doesntt have a ghilie suit is running around with a giant target above their head because they didnt pay to have a costume that removes it and you idea of fixing the issue was to make an item that players without the costume could carry around which eats up inventory space and weight limit which are also increased with p2w items that oh look dont got on the market place and even if they could they would be sold before many people could even get them

so recap

devs say game will never be p2w:
almost instantly ghiilie suit comes out which sets a base p2w pvp standard
pets, weight limits and inventory slots convince enough to might as well be p2w
game gets hit hard with goldsellers so they end up implementing a developer created rmt for silver

awakening released all at once:
lol what a joke

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

wow kudos to IGN this was actually a pretty solid interview. 

Two things:

1) "BDO isn't pay2win because the market works in a way where paying real money doesn't provide enough silver to upgrade things. We also limited market to 5 items a week."

No. You just made a game where only whales who pay AN ABSOLUTE SHITTON win. And they have to do it over an extended period of time. congrats it's a pay2win system for stupid rich people who are willing to consistently pay.

2) "We wanted everyone to have access to cash shop things"

Then make them free or accessible through in game means that have nothing to do with real money. These people are trying to avoid saying Pay2win so hard it's comical. 

Rick did say the community is very vocal though and that we should be allowed to be vocal. That's a given of course, but it is nice to hear him reinforce it by saying it out loud. 

Edited by Dremlock
2 people like this