• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What will make BDO better.

112 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You know what will make this game better? 

Dungeons. 

Now before you come to my door and stab me multiple times whilst shouting your favourite anime character because my opinion differs from yours just hear me out. 

Currently BDO does have dungeons. They're open world farm spots basically. Nothing special about them though they do drop better than average equipment. E.g mark of shadow.

What black desert lacks heavily in is a proper progression system to use your gear in a PVE aspect. Currently, upgrading gears sole purpose is for PVP in GvG, Node wars and open world pvp. It'll also soon be used for naval wars. Putting a heavy upgrading curve for equipment keeps people interested. The grind stops them from burning out because maxed out is such a hard feat to achieve. 

Right now onto the meat of this topic. Why not take our world boss design and take it a bit further? The current world bosses are embarrassing. It's wait 12-48 hours, spank the boss, dodge a little bit, die because servers suck, think of why you still play this game as you lose 10% exp and wonder why you take off your armour to fight it, get loot and do the same thing again.

Youre probably thinking "WTF BERLIOZ WHAT DOES THIS EVEN HAVE TO DO WITH DUNGEONS YOU FAWKING RETARD, CASUALS LIKE YOU SHOULD KILL THEMSELVES".

Youre probably right I should kill myself. I mean like I'm the kind of guy that says grinding doesn't take skill. (I'm a monster I know). :^)

Well why not make the dungeons... World bosses..? Mind blown right? It keeps the open world experience, and makes the game a little more dynamic. As your going through this dungeon with multiple people all the mobs in the area have a chance to drop the equipment the world boss drops. However the chance for it to drop is FAR lower than from the boss himself. Makes the place a little dynamic. Make players have to open certain doors and corridors through team effort. Or betray everyone and lock everyone out to face the boss with your guild. Delaying other players advance :v

The idea with this mechanic is making the gear upgrading curve a little bit more bare able whilst also putting a twist on our typical grinding we all know and love. The dungeon would drop a wide variety of items all of which will be used to improve your equipment or at least make the chances a bit fairer. It won't only drop boss related equipment. Hey it could drop mem frags and Valkyrie cry. (The dungeon mobs don't spawn until the world boss that is part of the area spawns)

I know I know... Well we still get spanked by the boss and we'll still be thinking about why we play this game losing another 10% exp. 

Youre probably thinking in your head "HAHAHAH YOU THINK DAUM WILL LISTEN TO YOU, YOU STUPID RETARD".

Obviously not haha, but one can dream.

Only daum can give bosses meaningful ai and skilful mechanics. 

Most of you probably never read this far xD

Edited by Berlioz
3 people like this

Posted

Nothing at this point...

2 people like this

Posted

What will make NA/EU BDO better.....if they remove the NA/EU versions, install the KR version and add the english patch to it.

6 people like this

Posted

You don't fully understand the concept of an open world game, do you? Tell me, what's the difference between fighting a boss in a dungeon or in the open world? A loading screen? 

2 people like this

Posted

get rid of that awful RNG

6 people like this

Posted

You don't fully understand the concept of an open world game, do you? Tell me, what's the difference between fighting a boss in a dungeon or in the open world? A loading screen? 

if you read the post you would've seen me go into detail about this :^)

Posted (edited)

What will make Black Desert Online better?

I'll tell you what, friend; dark elves! The dark elves will make Black Desert Online better, safer and greater than it ever has been before!

The dark elves have aesthetics, dark elves have the best aesthetics. The superior people, the superior race.

Submit to superior dark elf rule, prostrate yourself before the dark elf and all their magnificence as they make kamasilvia great again.

Edited by Hagakure
5 people like this

Posted

They need to get their servers working first.

They already have dungeons in this game, its called caves. Go explore.

I wouldnt mind some battle grounds for pvp tho. This gank crap isnt pvp. And node wars only benefit the guild.

Op doesnt understand the gear system. You only need 1 set and can use on any class except main and offhand depending classes as some do share. In a sense there really isnt a set gear build for pvp or pve.

Posted

if you read the post you would've seen me go into detail about this :^)

You haven't gone into detail, I asked you to tell me the difference between fighting a boss in the open world and in a dungeon. Extra features you've added to the dungeon aren't a difference as they are extra features. BDO is an open world game, if you want dungeon then try games like FF14 or Tera. 

Posted (edited)

@Hagakure you know they will just f that up too right.....they will release the elven part first, then on an accelerated schedule you will get the dark part months later.

Edited by Wykked
3 people like this

Posted

More time away from the forums makes the game better. :P 

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

You haven't gone into detail, I asked you to tell me the difference between fighting a boss in the open world and in a dungeon. Extra features you've added to the dungeon aren't a difference as they are extra features. BDO is an open world game, if you want dungeon then try games like FF14 or Tera. 

first off you have said yourself all you enjoy is life skills. Why do you always comment on aspects of the game you hardly participate in?

2ndly are you seriously this content on playing devils advocate to everything or simply delusional?

yes the game is open world, and yes you can have a dungeon in a open world game. No there does not need to be loading screens.

why anyone is opposed to them increasing the quality of PVE play I'll never understand.

Now I could explain 1000 ways this would be creatively possible but I'll give one.

Let's take Hasrah, how could you implement more dungeon and group like mechanics?

5 platforms on the ground each one a player has to touch requiring a 5 man party, each player is required to buy 1 vendor item and each vendor item has a special quality (increased move/jump/ap/dp or even negative effects like overweight)

once all players have done as such 5 halls open you clear mobs get to the end of the room one elite mob has 1/5 drops u bring back and all input into a large door that opens to mobs with a much higher chance at rare drops, your time inside is limited.

there you go dungeon mechanics in a Open world game.

could this be improved? Yes

is my idea perfect? No.

but stop acting oh so smug and 100% correct anytime someone simply suggest an improvement for the game and best part about it being Open world is you never have to touch this content if you don't want to.

You would do terrible in any business setting.

"Hey your chairs don't have arm rest, you should get some chairs with arm rest."

"No ----- you go to the restaurant over there if you want arm rest, here at FATWINGS we don't offer arm rest you worthless loser."

Edited by Pleazure
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have, played both. 

FFXIV Fiona Jarnefeldt, EU Chaos - Lich 

Tera Jarnefeldt NA, can't remember sincei  haven't played for 4 years now. 

Now the difference between fighting a open world boss and in a dungeon is none. Fighting a boss from BDO and fighting a boss which is in a dungeon in another is its mechanics specficially. BDO bosses have no mechanics. Hence why there's no difference. Mechanics don't work properly in open world environment. Take odin fate for example. I would hardly say its Ravana tier in mechanics. 

The limiting factor against open world and instanced is the freedom of mechanics. 

Because i didn't explicitly say the difference doesn't mean its not there. 

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

Bosses are really weak now 

You dont need to take off your armor 

Posted

first off you have said yourself all you enjoy is life skills. Why do you always comment on aspects of the game you hardly participate in?

There's a difference between enjoying something and not participating in something. I enjoy life skills, I still PvE and PvP. I'm also allowed to have an opinion, just like you're allowed to use the ignore function. :) 

2ndly are you seriously this content on playing devils advocate to everything or simply delusional?

yes the game is open world, and yes you can have a dungeon in a open world game. No there does not need to be loading screens.

why anyone is opposed to them increasing the quality of PVE play I'll never understand.

I'm noyt oppsoed to them adding more PvE content, but seeing as this is an open world game I am opposed to them adding instance PvE content. 

Now I could explain 1000 ways this would be creatively possible but I'll give one.

Let's take Hasrah, how could you implement more dungeon and group like mechanics?

5 platforms on the ground each one a player has to touch requiring a 5 man party, each player is required to buy 1 vendor item and each vendor item has a special quality (increased move/jump/ap/dp or even negative effects like overweight)

once all players have done as such 5 halls open you clear mobs get to the end of the room one elite mob has 1/5 drops u bring back and all input into a large door that opens to mobs with a much higher chance at rare drops, your time inside is limited.

there you go dungeon mechanics in a Open world game.

could this be improved? Yes

is my idea perfect? No.

Quick question, with all these doors being shut unless you step on a platform how do you stop people running through the door when another party had stepped on the platform? After all it's open world so the same mechanics would apply to every single player. If the door opens for one group then it is open for all. You can't have dungeon mechanics in an open world game. 

but stop acting oh so smug and 100% correct anytime someone simply suggest an improvement for the game and best part about it being Open world is you never have to touch this content if you don't want to.

Stop throwing a hissy fit when someone disagrees with you then. :) 

You would do terrible in any business setting.

Don't see how this has anything to do with this discussion, you would be terrible at breathing on Mars. 

"Hey your chairs don't have arm rest, you should get some chairs with arm rest."

"No ----- you go to the restaurant over there if you want arm rest, here at FATWINGS we don't offer arm rest you worthless loser."

What a silly analogy, it's more going into a Chinese restaurant, ordering Chinese food and then complaining when they give you Chow Mein and not a pizza. 

Now the difference between fighting a open world boss and in a dungeon is none.

That's all I wanted to hear, as there's no difference dungeons aren't required. 

Posted

Kakao just need to fire the people running the game in the NA/EU and replace them with people that know how to handle customer service and information to customers, never seen worse job being done in a MMO so far.

Posted

i think dungeons could be fun but only if they're open world, pvp contested and NOT mandatory for gear upgrades.

but without healers idk, could end up like in guild wars 2 where you just stand in a corner and spam dps, would need some interesting mechanics aswell

Posted (edited)

Could just integrate C9 into BDO, they even have a better version of awakened warr there :P

Edited by Siderite

Posted

Communication is the only thing that'll actually make the game better at this point.

Two-way communication that is.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm not against PvE instances but BDO isn't the right game for them.  Considering the importance of the gear grind, adding an instanced PvE dungeon seems like it would throw a huge imbalance into the game.  If the dungeon has even on-par gear drops to essentially any of the drops you get in open world, especially if it had better RNG, that would cause people to gear up much more quickly.  Think about how many players are regularly out doing field bosses and kzarka, You change that to 5 people and all of a sudden, 1 of every 5 people are getting some good loot drop rather than 1/50 - 1/100ish.

This may not seem bad at first but in terms of longevity of a game, if you have that constant strive to get more geared, it keeps players from burning out as quickly, and for the players who are already geared up, this cheapens the time they spent grinding when you'd just be able to go farm it easier in a dungeon (which was also one of the big issues with pay 2 win & buying gear).

Even if it had the same drop rates as open world, this would cause many players to only grind in the instances rather than open world due to the safety of it.  You wouldn't have to worry about people holding grind areas and PKing you, or sharing / fighting over spawns.  Because of this, open world PvP would suffer, since no one with a brain would be in open world areas any more  This isn't limited to people just grinding out gear, but silver as well.  Then node wars would be essentially pointless and only for bragging rights, as holding most nodes except for the one(s) which may be linked to the dungeon would be worth while, you'd never collect any tax money on any node besides ones with dungeons because everyone is there, rather than splitting between different grind spots as they become contested.  

Posted (edited)

There's a difference between enjoying something and not participating in something. I enjoy life skills, I still PvE and PvP. I'm also allowed to have an opinion, just like you're allowed to use the ignore function. :) 

I'm noyt oppsoed to them adding more PvE content, but seeing as this is an open world game I am opposed to them adding instance PvE content. 

Quick question, with all these doors being shut unless you step on a platform how do you stop people running through the door when another party had stepped on the platform? After all it's open world so the same mechanics would apply to every single player. If the door opens for one group then it is open for all. You can't have dungeon mechanics in an open world game. 

Stop throwing a hissy fit when someone disagrees with you then. :) 

Don't see how this has anything to do with this discussion, you would be terrible at breathing on Mars. 

What a silly analogy, it's more going into a Chinese restaurant, ordering Chinese food and then complaining when they give you Chow Mein and not a pizza. 

That's all I wanted to hear, as there's no difference dungeons aren't required. 

o_o. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe you. 

Oh well, then again there's people in black desert community that think grinding take skill. I shouldn't even be surprised anymore.

If you played FFXIV or Tera they used the area as a vital mechanic for bosses. The terrain around you is what makes a huge difference. Imagine how easy Ravana EX encounter would be if you couldn't get pushed off the arena or had tons more room to move in to dodge his raid wipes. Similarly if kzarka was outside in the open you wouldn't be able to dodge his fire breath by using the pillars.

Mechanics dude. Mechanics.

I'm not against PvE instances but BDO isn't the right game for them.  Considering the importance of the gear grind, adding an instanced PvE dungeon seems like it would throw a huge imbalance into the game.  If the dungeon has even on-par gear drops to essentially any of the drops you get in open world, especially if it had better RNG, that would cause people to gear up much more quickly.  Think about how many players are regularly out doing field bosses and kzarka, You change that to 5 people and all of a sudden, 1 of every 5 people are getting some good loot drop rather than 1/50 - 1/100ish.

This may not seem bad at first but in terms of longevity of a game, if you have that constant strive to get more geared, it keeps players from burning out as quickly, and for the players who are already geared up, this cheapens the time they spent grinding when you'd just be able to go farm it easier in a dungeon (which was also one of the big issues with pay 2 win & buying gear).

Even if it had the same drop rates as open world, this would cause many players to only grind in the instances rather than open world due to the safety of it.  You wouldn't have to worry about people holding grind areas and PKing you, or sharing / fighting over spawns.  Because of this, open world PvP would suffer, since no one with a brain would be in open world areas any more  This isn't limited to people just grinding out gear, but silver as well.  Then node wars would be essentially pointless and only for bragging rights, as holding most nodes except for the one(s) which may be linked to the dungeon would be worth while, you'd never collect any tax money on any node besides ones with dungeons because everyone is there, rather than splitting between different grind spots as they become contested.  

let's screw instances based PVE, Imo world base dungeon design would be way cooler. A world base dungeon design revolving similarly to skyrim and ofc using black desert world boss timer design into them. Give world bosses better ai and mechanics for said dungeon and improve normal mob ai. Give it specific loot tables that promote gear growth, e.g less rng.

Or we could go @Plunge route and do nothing because it's better to keep ai design of world bosses the same and the idea of putting them into dungeons becomes useless. 

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

Communication is the only thing that'll actually make the game better at this point.

Two-way communication that is.

Oh they use two-way communication.

Down our throats and up our butts.

1 person likes this

Posted

When BDO launched in KR they said they will never implement two things. This was said by chief executive, and owner of pearl abyss, Dae-il Kim.

1. player-to-player direct trading

2. instance(dungeons)

Boss summon scrolls, are basically doing job of instance right now.

Posted

When BDO launched in KR they said they will never implement two things. This was said by chief executive, and owner of pearl abyss, Dae-il Kim.

1. player-to-player direct trading

2. instance(dungeons)

Boss summon scrolls, are basically doing job of instance right now.

I agree, they definitely are. And it's really tedious now. I need some variety. I need some mechanics. I can't just keep noob stomping. I need a challenge now. 

Posted

o_o. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe you. 

It's always good to start off with an insult, is it because your points are so weak you need to use logical fallacies? :) 

If you played FFXIV or Tera they used the area as a vital mechanic for bosses. The terrain around you is what makes a huge difference. Imagine how easy Ravana EX encounter would be if you couldn't get pushed off the arena or had tons more room to move in to dodge his raid wipes. Similarly if kzarka was outside in the open you wouldn't be able to dodge his fire breath by using the pillars.

Can't comment about 14 as I played it in the initial release and dropped it, but I did spend a lot of time playing Tera and area mechanics had nothing to do with surviving (unless it was a silly one-shot mechanic that you can't iframe). In fact, all of the boss fights in Tera were on flat ground so the terrain had nothing to do with it. Queen's Lasers in MCHM? Dodge them with an iframe or stay behind her. Bandersnatch's smash in WHHM? Stay behind him or use an iframe. Kelfaik's tail swipe or jump in KDX/XX? Dodge with an iframe.

Actually scratch that, even the one-shot attacks that had mechanics to avoid them could be dodged with an iframe. 

A world base dungeon design revolving similarly to skyrim 

If you want this, why not play Skyrim? Why not play FF14? Why not play Tera? Why come to an open world game, see that it doesn't have instanced dungeons, see that the bosses are out in the open world, go on to buy this game and play it; then running to the forums to demand it changes. It's mind boggling really. 

Or we could go @Plunge route and do nothing because it's better to keep ai design of world bosses the same and the idea of putting them into dungeons becomes useless. 

Or, you could go play a game with instanced dungeons? Why play an open world game if you want instanced dungeons? It's like going into McDonalds and demanding a 5* dinner service. If that's what you're after, go to a 5* restaurant. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0