• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Good Fight Wins With a Thorn Ball

598 posts in this topic

Posted

"Good_Fight" 

Posted

While none of what you did was in violation of ToS.  Well honestly I'm not sure about the v'ing to glitch a gate.  Obviously none of this was intended castle siege play.  It was simply douchebaggery.  And in the real world you wouldn't be invited back to a poker game or basketball/hockey game because of your behavior.  The issue here is the integrity of combat in this game.   The ONLY reason it worked is because NOONE's leadership should HAVE to game plan for exploits that don't clearly violate ToS.  I can't even imagine your strategy sessions. 

In this scenario you are the scummy neighbor who gets invited to a friendly poker party and is using a calculator in his pocket to beat people and then says well no one said no calculator to count/display odds.  You are hiding behind internet anonymity and some wierd concept of winning to justify using exploits to avoid intended game mechanics.  Yet you are too obtuse to recognize that whether or not what you did was illegal or bannable the fact still remains that 99% of sensible people would not ruin a game by doing it.  you are the guys who deflate footballs and use listening devices or stadium noise to gain any advantage instead of just showing up and having fun. 

You mentioned in a previous post that you lost another castle siege to us because 50% of your members left your guild.  Have you ever considered that the reason you have no loyalty is because you choose to pursue gameplay that doesn't reward fairness but instead promote a win at all costs mentality that doesn't resonate with individuals?  LoTD lost 3 people to p2w and zero to the 24 hour ban we were given.  You lost 50% according to you yet you really don't seem to understand why....

Posted

No official response yet.....

Can someone from Veritas explain how to acquire pocket CMs?  Is there are gear or level requirement?

pocket_cm.thumb.jpg.28f452201031a4184e35

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes, no longer relevant because I was posting as Veritas/Team Legacy as an officer.

Ok, so as a TL officer you only found it shitty and wanted to stress the fact that it was only done once and didnt impact the outcome of any fight but as a Lame_Fight member you are now showing your true colors and promoting it as creative and a good 'strategy'. I see, I see.... 

Once again, the only thing I came in this thread to discuss and defend were the cheating accusations regarding the made up "v" through the gate tactic.

Interesting considering the first thing you tried to defend in this thread was the exploit of using a lower level character on the castle door lever.... 

Somehow people got this weird idea that I'm in here trying to say what a great thing thorn ball is and how it should be kept in the game

Weird that somehow people got the idea that you think it is a great thing when you previously mentioned it was shitty, only used once, and did not impact the outcome of a war and suddenly show up with a huge group using it in someone else's fight to intentionally manipulate the outcome while referring to it in this thread as creative strategy? Hmmm not so weird at all

I am now reconsidering  my choice in names for your guild. Although Lame_Fight certainly fits, I think Good_Cheat would be a great one as well. There was another one in this thread that caught my attention, Good_Thorns. Decisions, decisions, decisions....perhaps I should start a forum poll for help with this, never made one one and might be fun.;)

Edited by realistic1

Posted

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska

Time to do your jobs, please. 

Posted

No official response yet.....

Can someone from Veritas explain how to acquire pocket CMs?  Is there are gear or level requirement?

pocket_cm.thumb.jpg.28f452201031a4184e35

Freelancer provided ways to reach him, I would check there first.....

While none of what you did was in violation of ToS. 

Not so sure about this Falconwing, lets wait and see what the 'unbiased' (cough cough) CMs decide..... 

Posted (edited)

Dont you know that cheating is only about the guild you are in and not about anything else?  Why do you think that Arke flops around through guilds like a slutty cheerleader.  lol  No loyalty, no fair play, no sense of right or wrong.  Its all about who pays the most, who wins and loses and who kisses your backside.  

If Arke was truly a slutty cheerleader, I may change my mind about thorn balls.  lol

Edited by LordLeshil

Posted

The amount of salt in this thread is amusing. Save yourselves the trouble. The offending guild that used shit tier tactics will never admit that what they did is wrong, even though the rest of the community knows what they did is wrong. It sounds like Good_Fight is following in the TL footsteps and is getting shut down in the same manner.

Posted

Legitmentally, wtf Orwen.  Before this game has Wildstar population before it went f2p, why not re-roll to Edan and actually have fun in this game again.  I don't see how any of this is enjoyable.  

Posted

Nice job gong way back through all the pages to necro it.  Your anonymous nick is great also. Agan, I recommend Tinder with a made up pic.  It may give you a life.  (Doubt it) Most of the rest of us on both sides at least have our real game names out there on this thread.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand.

A guild used mechanics in the game to cement their victory. An item was used for its express purpose of doing damage upon hit and preparation was made to bypass castle defensive  (akin to placing a spy in an enemy Corp to learn their PoS password).

You can try to argue that "node wars aren't supposed to be played this way (read: MY way)" or "x strategy does not facilitate a fun experience (read: MY experience)" until you are blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact that 1. players who do not have a fort in the designated territory are mechanically allowed to physically be in that territory and 2. items do what they are expressed to do.

Good_Fight can not be faulted for using the tools (in their intended function) at their disposal. Honestly, you people should be giving them credit. Emergent gameplay is the hallmark of a sandbox game and I'm glad Good_Fight used it to their advantage.

Also lol... people arguing for "honorable combat".

Posted

Legitmentally, wtf Orwen.  Before this game has Wildstar population before it went f2p, why not re-roll to Edan and actually have fun in this game again.  I don't see how any of this is enjoyable.  

pokes

Hey you!

Posted

If it's deemed as an "ok" mechanic, it will at least make people actually defend their castles. Everyone moving forward will have a sub 45 alt ready to open the gates, and it will force people to have adequate forces available to defend the castle. Most leave next to no forces on Def due to how strong the gates are. This would prevent that from happening moving forward, for the most part. Don't get mad, get even.

The thorns balls, personally I think it's a cheap tactic...They should just patch it like they did in KR, give non-participants 1 hp and call it a day. No longer a problem.

Posted

yada yada yada

KakaoSucks, I swear you are a twin to Tez in your writing style- its uncanny. The skewed bias, constant rage, negativity, grammar, overuse of the word shitter....

I know your account is only hours old here but I am curious, do you know Tez who hasn't posted on the forum since last week? Some of us are worried about him...

Wait, you aren't one of those angry people (can't be with a forum name like yours right?) that were caught in the recent hack/cheat bans that had to make a new account to play and/or post? Inquiring minds want to know..... 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted (edited)

You can try to argue that "node wars aren't supposed to be played this way (read: MY way)" or "x strategy does not facilitate a fun experience (read: MY experience)" until you are blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact that 1. players who do not have a fort in the designated territory are mechanically allowed to physically be in that territory

Yes, just like the pseudo-sewer entrance was located in the Calpheon territory visible to all and players were physically able to crawl into it and stand up and jump.

and 2. items do what they are expressed to do.

Just like crouch, crawl and jump are viable in-game mechanics. ;)

We can argue semantics all day but I think the point that needs to be focused on is what is intended. Exploits are based on what is intended from a developers standpoint: 

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was not intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).

The rules of Siege war participation clearly state that a guild must own a T2 or 3 node AND have a completed fort in the siege territory.

19. Build a fort within a territory in order to be qualified to participate in Conquest War. The construction of the fort must be 100% completed before the start of Conquest War.

With this in mind, you must ask yourself these two questions- 

1) Was it intended that any player that did not have a fort down in a war territory could actively participate in impeding the movement and progress of other players or elephants in that war, block the damage to other players, structures or elephants in that war, or inflict considerable damage to other players in these active war zones that they are not qualified to participate in?

2) Was it intended that players that did not qualify with a fort down in a war territory could impact the actual outcome of a war they were not qualified to participate in?

If the answer to either of these two questions is no, then the use of thorns by players who are not eligible to participate in a war is an exploit as defined by the terms of use of this game regardless of any asinine past decision from Pearl Abyss that states otherwise. 

Edited by realistic1

Posted

@KakaoSucks desperately trying to stay relevant. So sad, like trying to watch a has-been that never-was try to make a comeback.

1 person likes this

Posted

So now basically all defending teams need to put two sub 45 toons on the controls so nobody can use them.  Working as intended

Posted

LOL I just read back through alot of your posts before replying to you and it was toxic full of trash.  Also why did you just switch to horrible color of text when you were doing the normal black font.  

If you read through a lot of my past posts, you would know the answer to why I switched to the orange comic sans just for you. ;)

2 months ago when I bought BDO and started on Orwen I would have never rolled here.

And suddenly your 'first' forum account made just a couple hours ago. Let me guess, new game account made recently as well? O.o

Posted

So wait let me get this right.  Your complaining? Your shitter casual guild full of shitty cheating players is crying about a mechanic approved by Kakao months ago but your ok with wall hacking and doing damage through underground terrain and that it was ok to do this as it was a intended mechanic.  Then once the devs said no and your shitter guild got a ban for 24 hours your salty that another guild used a mechanic that is approved and allowed?

LoTD I am sorry no one has respect for you guys have you and your own shitty gm said in statements that it was not obvious that wall hacks would be against the ToS and that it was a intended mechanic.

Any castle you have EVER gotten has been with 2+ other guilds to help you take it and even then you didnt but rather barely emancipated it.  LoTD has been a non factor guild since day one in BDO and still is. The only recruits you guys get are from dead casual guilds.  I know your not a hardcore pvp guild but you def dont take quality players in at all. Just quantity and bad ones at that.

Instead of crying about thorn balls figure a way around it as other guilds have who actually have skill.

Dont get angry at something approved by devs over your wall hacks and cheating.  They wont be getting banned like many of your guild mates.

Servers went down right before siege so people inside the castle might have been in there from before so I doubt Kakao will do anything since it wasnt a glitch or a bug or a WALL HACK lol. I was spectating the calph fight so I wasnt there to see that but the fact everyone is crying about thorn balls just shows lack of skill from your guilds and guilds in your alliance.

this sounds like my good buddy Tez or atleast someone on his mental level. If it is Tez cool beans looks like you learned a few more words keep running with your baseless claims mate and wipe the drool off your face from all that froathing at the mouth your doing

1 person likes this

Posted

Zombie Tez. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

How can it be a exploit when its already been said its not by game devs and publisher. They already confirmed it was not a exploit.  

They also incorrectly confirmed that the T5 Conqueror horse was as intended and months later admitted their mistake and reversed their stance and that bad decision and reimbursed players. Just because Pearl Abyss makes mistakes does not mean that something does not exist. ;)

I have laid out the definitions of exploit as defined in the terms of use of this game as well as the rules of qualifying for participation in siege wars. It is difficult to argue whether these players are participating when they are impeding movement of other players and elephants, purposely negating damage to certain players, structures and elephants, inflicting damage to certain players and actually impacting the outcome of a war they are not eligible to participate in. The thorn exploit clearly exists, Pearl Abyss is just negligent and incorrect with its statement that this isn't an exploit. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

I was in Luciform before it broke up and personally experienced the wall hack and watched people hit us under terrain that would could barely attack back against.  I am sorry you feel the need to accuse me of being someone else or divert the fact you cheated.  I am guildless now but when I was in luciform you did in fact wall hack and were banned for it after gms said it was a obvious exploit that anyone with common sense should have reported first rather than abusing.

I just want server transfers to happen so I can leave shit toxic server where we don't have one guild that is even good anymore. I am not leaving a level 59 account and rerolling without server transfers.

Wait are you selling or server transfering?  Should just sell now, save yourself the week or two of grinding and play AO now.  The forums and guilds for AO are even more toxic