• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Good Fight Wins With a Thorn Ball

598 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted (edited)

I think its XxSinbad bois

Edited by Nebz

Posted

I was in Luciform before it broke up and personally experienced the wall hack and watched people hit us under terrain that would could barely attack back against.  I am sorry you feel the need to accuse me of being someone else or divert the fact you cheated.  I am guildless now but when I was in luciform you did in fact wall hack and were banned for it after gms said it was a obvious exploit that anyone with common sense should have reported first rather than abusing.

I just want server transfers to happen so I can leave shit toxic server where we don't have one guild that is even good anymore. I am not leaving a level 59 account and rerolling without server transfers.

once again baseless I have never once been ban from any game I play keep trying though. Unknown(how I will refer to you) 

I don't honestly care about good fight or how they run their guild I think it's cheesier than Chester the cheetah but that's my opinion 

what I care about is have fun PvP it's the only reason I can stand this grind well that and greatsword in honor of Pik SOON!!!!

but have fun trying to do what you do if that's how you get your kicks who am I to say you can't.

side note this won't be a real issue in the future anyways in Russia and Korea non participating players only have 1 hp in node war areas.

pce

Posted (edited)

Nah game account is fine and well for over 2 months now when I started this game. Once I hit 60 in the next few weeks I am going to sell the account and move on to Albion.  

Sure, sure.... You do realize that selling your account is against the terms of use right? Follow this one closely CMs ;)

I mean come on you didnt even know PA was the game devs and Kakao are now the publisher while Daum is no more.

I knew this (but disagree Daum is no more, just re-branding), I simply did not know who was responsible for making the decision on reversing the bad decision on thorns made by Pearl Abyss. Once a game is released, I am uncertain who actually pulls the strings on which decisions. 

You seemed a little confused that there was even a connection between kakao and Daum prior to this year in your post so not sure you should be throwing stones from your glass house on this one;)

I really wont be replying to you again since your just another BDO fan boi who cant argue points from a neutral position.  

I argued my point with valid statements and facts quoting from terms of use as well as siege rules none of which you actually had a valid rebuttal for so perhaps it is good you won't be replying as it is not a productive use of my time or yours;)

Edited by realistic1

Posted

I was going to sell the account once I hit 60.  Transfers or server merger wont happen soon. How is AB toxic? 

In the past CMs and volunteer mods would use IPs of alternate troll accounts to link them to their main account. Why are you in here telling everyone how you're going to sell your account which violates the ToS anyway? Pretty obvious you aren't smart enough to be trolling with a VPN.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

I don't understand.

A guild used mechanics in the game to cement their victory. An item was used for its express purpose of doing damage upon hit and preparation was made to bypass castle defensive  (akin to placing a spy in an enemy Corp to learn their PoS password).

You can try to argue that "node wars aren't supposed to be played this way (read: MY way)" or "x strategy does not facilitate a fun experience (read: MY experience)" until you are blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact that 1. players who do not have a fort in the designated territory are mechanically allowed to physically be in that territory and 2. items do what they are expressed to do.

Good_Fight can not be faulted for using the tools (in their intended function) at their disposal. Honestly, you people should be giving them credit. Emergent gameplay is the hallmark of a sandbox game and I'm glad Good_Fight used it to their advantage.

Also lol... people arguing for "honorable combat".

Coming from Eve, I don't really get why this stuff is so taboo. We've got a whole bunch of plans to counter each of these strategies, it's like their pvp leads haven't actually been doing anything this entire time. 

Posted

I wish I was a volunteer mod...I would edit all the improper use of your, you're, and you are. Surely I'm not the only one that is bothered by that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Seriously if your going to try to reason and be mature enough with the crap color orange.  It truly gives you no credibility.

My orange comic sans seems to be a trigger for you KS.... Just chant a soothing mantra and try to imagine black Arial if you continue reading and replying as I don't want you stressed. ;)

Anyways I understand your point that they can change there mind later and they might your right but as of now it is not a exploit and deemed usable so with that said you cant say anyone cheated for using thorns.

Oh, I certainly can say guilds (actually only one now using it that I know of) using this tactic are cheating. I can also say that it is an exploit based on the way exploit is defined in the Terms of Use of this game and the siege rules of requiring a fort in a territory to be qualified to participate. What I can't say is that Pearl Abyss's decision on this not being an exploit is correct. 

In order for players using thorn balls in wars they are not qualified to fight in not to be an exploit, Pearl Abyss (or someone with authority) needs to tweak the exploit definition under terms of use or change the siege rule of requiring a fort in the warring territory in order to participate. Well that or try to get Merriam Webster to change their definition of participation. ;)

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted (edited)

I actually dont mind the orange color if it was darker but I think its the combo of light orange and comic sans. Make its a cooler font and more of a brick orange and we are solid.

As I try to please, I attempted to get a darker color of orange for this reply but unfortunately, this is the darkest without going more red so just try that mantra and visual exercise I suggested earlier. 

Also will you have the same stance once the players not participating in war have there hp down to 1 and it would be a good use of thorns for people in active wars right?

I do not have an issue with any use of thorns by any player eligible to participate in a war. My position on thorn ball use by ineligible players being an exploit is based on the terms of use and siege rules of this game so unless those two items are changed from the way they are currently written than no, my position will not change. However, if the HP is decreased down to 1, we could then argue on the validity of the word 'participation' ;)

Edited by realistic1

Posted

So wait let me get this right.  Your complaining? Your shitter casual guild full of shitty cheating players is crying about a mechanic approved by Kakao months ago but your ok with wall hacking and doing damage through underground terrain and that it was ok to do this as it was a intended mechanic.  Then once the devs said no and your shitter guild got a ban for 24 hours your salty that another guild used a mechanic that is approved and allowed?

LoTD I am sorry no one has respect for you guys have you and your own shitty gm said in statements that it was not obvious that wall hacks would be against the ToS and that it was a intended mechanic.

Any castle you have EVER gotten has been with 2+ other guilds to help you take it and even then you didnt but rather barely emancipated it.  LoTD has been a non factor guild since day one in BDO and still is. The only recruits you guys get are from dead casual guilds.  I know your not a hardcore pvp guild but you def dont take quality players in at all. Just quantity and bad ones at that.

Instead of crying about thorn balls figure a way around it as other guilds have who actually have skill.

Dont get angry at something approved by devs over your wall hacks and cheating.  They wont be getting banned like many of your guild mates.

Servers went down right before siege so people inside the castle might have been in there from before so I doubt Kakao will do anything since it wasnt a glitch or a bug or a WALL HACK lol. I was spectating the calph fight so I wasnt there to see that but the fact everyone is crying about thorn balls just shows lack of skill from your guilds and guilds in your alliance.

it seems like you don't understand or have any respect for anyone who works hard for a siege because you either have never been a part of one or don't understand that most guilds don't just get handed the best players from the best guild some people have to invest and believe that at the end of the week everyone's grinding and everyone's preparation will pay off instead it was  shot down by a game mechanic that only this guild could pull off because they pressure their members into believing that helping their weak sister guild because they would help them its not the same as helping good_fight picked their region if good_fight wanted to help legatum hold valencia then they should had placed a castle down in valencia and actually participated in the siege its not  that people won't use this tactic the only guild that can somehow spin to some of the most geared players hey i know its exp weekend and i know you guys see awakenings around the corner fvk all that lets just disrupt a fight between two guilds like get off your high horse "strategic  innovation with in game mechanics" stop lying to the server you its honestly disgusting that you would pull that shit people need to realize how many guilds have a second sister guild with the ability to siege a castle or which guild is willing to sit there for two plus hours while they are getting killed wasting their own funds to " help" like you this thread was created to call out the cheesy use of thorns all this exploiting into the castle shit just got brought up because people are calling bullshit on their lotd was a bunch of idiots they just left the door open for us to fvk them being in a guild where I look forward to fighting every Saturday is exciting even when I lost to lotd and flex i can tell you that siege had a lot more emotion than getting a free castle every week something people who haven't fought hard for castle will not understand losing isn't going to cause everyone to drop guild lies and shady tactics like this will and people need to realize what are you winning for payout aren't that great owning a castle can be a joke whats the difference between when valhok got a balenos and good_fight has gotten mediah all four+ times have just no competition and I can't tell if you just made this account because you're too much of a little bch so you needed to make a new account to shit talk on the forums hehe you're annoying shut up if you're going to call someone out at least have the balls to do it under your name 

Legitmentally, wtf Orwen.  Before this game has Wildstar population before it went f2p, why not re-roll to Edan and actually have fun in this game again.  I don't see how any of this is enjoyable.  

edan's a dead server get over the it has crazy pvp hype 

4 people like this

Posted

it seems like you don't understand or have any respect for anyone who works hard for a siege because you either have never been a part of one or don't understand that most guilds don't just get handed the best players from the best guild some people have to invest and believe that at the end of the week everyone's grinding and everyone's preparation will pay off instead it was  shot down by a game mechanic that only this guild could pull off because they pressure their members into believing that helping their weak sister guild because they would help them its not the same as helping good_fight picked their region if good_fight wanted to help legatum hold valencia then they should had placed a castle down in valencia and actually participated in the siege its not  that people won't use this tactic the only guild that can somehow spin to some of the most geared players hey i know its exp weekend and i know you guys see awakenings around the corner fvk all that lets just disrupt a fight between two guilds like get off your high horse "strategic  innovation with in game mechanics" stop lying to the server you its honestly disgusting that you would pull that shit people need to realize how many guilds have a second sister guild with the ability to siege a castle or which guild is willing to sit there for two plus hours while they are getting killed wasting their own funds to " help" like you this thread was created to call out the cheesy use of thorns all this exploiting into the castle shit just got brought up because people are calling bullshit on their lotd was a bunch of idiots they just left the door open for us to fvk them being in a guild where I look forward to fighting every Saturday is exciting even when I lost to lotd and flex i can tell you that siege had a lot more emotion than getting a free castle every week something people who haven't fought hard for castle will not understand losing isn't going to cause everyone to drop guild lies and shady tactics like this will and people need to realize what are you winning for payout aren't that great owning a castle can be a joke whats the difference between when valhok got a balenos and good_fight has gotten mediah all four+ times have just no competition and I can't tell if you just made this account because you're too much of a little bch so you needed to make a new account to shit talk on the forums hehe you're annoying shut up if you're going to call someone out at least have the balls to do it under your name 

Punctuation_saves_lives.thumb.jpg.f5fdc7

Posted

Punctuation_saves_lives.thumb.jpg.f5fdc7

Pretty certain that was intentional ;) 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

I was in Luciform before it broke up

I love every bit experience I had in Luciform and would have stayed there if they chose to rebuild.

Now I feel shamed that I used to be in the same guild with u from the way you talk.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was going to sell the account once I hit 60.  Transfers or server merger wont happen soon. How is AB toxic? 

Omg have you read the Albion forums lately?  I hopped on there friday and it immediately turned me off to the game.  hate for removing fast travel, hate for slow development cycle, hate for the different guilds and trash tactics, hate about the game dying (like 10 posts on the front page about why the game is dying), hate that its too grindy, hate that going back to having different markets killed the game, that nobody does oxen trade runs accept for t2 mats, that you cant pvp in red or yellow zones due to the new penalties, on and on

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

2016-08-22_16.00.26-1.thumb.png.063ce601

So apparently pocket CMs are available on the cash shop.  Unfortunately they seem to be out of my budget. =(

Jokes aside, most of the people in LotD are just trying to highlight some of the issues in siege wars.  Since the Saturday siege war is the only end game for a guild like ours, we want these issues addressed.  I don't want anyone to get banned or suspended.  There game population is already very low and sieges on Orwen are generally not very competitive since there isn't enough siege level guilds on the server.  Sure there are some salty people in my guild and other concerned citizens want the sub-45 account to be suspended for taking advantage of unintended mechanic and people glitching through the second gate to be appropriately dealt with. But I rather see Good_Fight just report all their findings of potential exploits and these issues fixed WITHOUT punishment so we can have better siege wars in the future.  Losing a castle seige because of thornballs one time sucks but I'll get over it.  However, who wants to play a game where the major factor in siege wars is how many loopholes can you find and get away with?

Ahoy, your guild has not been subjected to non-participating guilds (with the gear of GF) thornballing and body blocking so I'm not sure you really understand how effective this can be.  This was the single biggest factor why valencia went liberated this weekend.  If non-participating guild interference is the major factor in node wars, who is going to continue to participate in node wars and siege wars?  This tactic is so vile and scummy that none of GF's leaders will address what they did on these forums other than to say it was technically legal.  No other guild on this server or any server does this (to my limited knowledge) because this would be considered an exploit in any other game.  We need the 1 hp fix immediately to prevent this obvious use of unintended mechanics.  No one is going to trust GF to not use non-participating guild thornballs since they can always claim "oh we swapped leadership so everything we said about thornballs is not applicable now". 

This affects every major guild on orwen because GF and legatum can always thornball for each other preventing any 1 vs 1s.

7 people like this

Posted

2016-08-22_16.00.26-1.thumb.png.063ce601

So apparently pocket CMs are available on the cash shop.  Unfortunately they seem to be out of my budget. =(

Hilarious, made my day 

Posted

edan's a dead server get over the it has crazy pvp hype 

pmfdyui.jpg

Posted

53834332.jpg

I like it.  

Posted

I love when forum warriors make fun of others literacy. -----ing tools should 1v1 @Alphabet in game and he will show you where his talent is. He isn't an English major just a gamer. So what if he doesn't punctuate correctly. You got his point. Right? 

2 people like this

Posted

People will act and behave however they wish. I don't poke fun, I just wish I had the ability to edit/correct it. :)

Posted

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska maybe you're like genies and it takes three times to summon you? I'll rename to Freelancer if that helps :)

Posted

I love when forum warriors make fun of others literacy. -----ing tools should 1v1 @Alphabet in game and he will show you where his talent is. He isn't an English major just a gamer. So what if he doesn't punctuate correctly. You got his point. Right? 

I have. He ran. Came back with a warrior. This was back when they were still called Veri-----s.