• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Good Fight Wins With a Thorn Ball

598 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

as it turns out, 15 damage is op when ur mages suck...

1440_a902_800.png

Edited by 2TheGrave

Posted

Your right, figuring out how to pass a blob of people without reverting to your primitive instinct to attack.. is very hard.  The amount of counters available to make an in game mechanic completely obsolete is countless...  The reason for your outrage is the result of you and like minded individuals not being able to simply see past this mechanic and pass through.....  literally...

You see red.. and immediately attack because that is your general instinct.  I dont doubt that at least a few of your players managed to figure out that.. you could simply not attack and simply.. pass by to the objective....

also

V

You are either a troll, or not smart enough to figure it out, so I'm going to move along.

Posted

You are either a troll, or not smart enough to figure it out, so I'm going to move along.

I am not a troll nor do i take kindly to people resorting to insult.  Perhaps if you had a purpose for your discontent for my post.. or even an argument in defense of your opinion.. Perhaps or conversation could evolve into something more than petty insults.  :)

1 person likes this

Posted

959872.jpg

Posted

Your right, figuring out how to pass a blob of people without reverting to your primitive instinct to attack.. is very hard.  The amount of counters available to make an in game mechanic completely obsolete is countless...  The reason for your outrage is the result of you and like minded individuals not being able to simply see past this mechanic and pass through.....  literally...

You see red.. and immediately attack because that is your general instinct.  I dont doubt that at least a few of your players managed to figure out that.. you could simply not attack and simply.. pass by to the objective....

also

V

1. How do you kill the Legatum controlling the gate wheel within a ball of Good_Fight without killing the Good_Fight?  Good_Fight did this continuously to  close the outer gate.

gf_gate_closing.thumb.jpg.6accba48f5ddf4

2. How do you double S past a mass of Good_fight who are blocking an entire hallway?

[IMG]

3. How do you move our elephants without clearing Good_Fight?  Our elephant doesn't come with V.

[IMG]

4. How do prevent Good_fight from interfering with our cannons without killing them?

2016-08-21_663638279.JPG

We spent more time killing Good_Fight because Legatum was no resistance to my guild.  We had opened the outer gate and destroyed the inner gate within 45 minutes of the start of Siege.  We cleared nearly everything within Legatum's base.  Only because Good_fight spent the entire night impending our progress, the city was liberated.

Good_Fight is the most or second most geared guild on the server.  Their gear and mere presence slowed our siege progression.  Its easy to offer solutions like why didn't you just cut them down with 200 AP maehwas but believe it or not only one person in my guild had a TET weapon at the siege and maybe 2 people have over 200 AP.  If you guys think a non-participating guild should be able to decide the outcome of sieges, I'm not sure how I can convince you otherwise.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1. How do you kill the Legatum controlling the gate wheel within a ball of Good_Fight without killing the Good_Fight?  Good_Fight did this continuously to  close the outer gate.

gf_gate_closing.thumb.jpg.6accba48f5ddf4

2. How do you double S past a mass of Good_fight who are blocking an entire hallway?

[IMG]

3. How do you move our elephants without clearing Good_Fight?  Our elephant doesn't come with V.

[IMG]

4. How do prevent Good_fight from interfering with our cannons without killing them?

2016-08-21_663638279.JPG

We spent more time killing Good_Fight because Legatum was no resistance to my guild.  We had opened the outer gate and destroyed the inner gate within 45 minutes of the start of Siege.  We cleared nearly everything within Legatum's base.  Only because Good_fight spent the entire night impending our progress, the city was liberated.

Good_Fight is the most or second most geared guild on the server.  Their gear and mere presence slowed our siege progression.  Its easy to offer solutions like why didn't you just cut them down with 200 AP maehwas but believe it or not only one person in my guild had a TET weapon at the siege and maybe 2 people have over 200 AP.  If you guys think a non-participating guild should be able to decide the outcome of sieges, I'm not sure how I can convince you otherwise.

I leave the question regarding why you run away from Good_fight and instead continue to retain the reasonable logic i have already previously presented to you in regards to how to get around a group of players using simple mechanics for each class.  Your need to continue refuting it is simply testament to an inability to understand the basics of classes, basics taught in the first 5 lvls.

1. Choose your target.... It isnt hard to do.  Perhaps your leadership failed in creating an offense that factored focusing that one target.

2. By continuing that basic mechanic i mentioned.... Every class has several abilities that allows them to pass player objects in the world.  To fail to do this.. makes me question your ability to function on a very basic level, as a player.  Which would explain why you needed to argue point one and why you flee Good_Fight.

3.  If the gates are up... why do you need elephants?  is it because you lacked confidence in your players ability to destroy structures?

4. Your screenshot didnt work......  but.... move your cannons?  Im not sure how a ball of people can prevent you from shooting a cannon ball in the air.  At this point you are grasping at straws simply because you found it annoying. 

If you cant fight past adversity and have the audacity to complain after actually exploiting in previous sieges, im not entirely sure what else is left to say.  it sounds like a major failure on your leadership's part for not being experienced enough to react to core mechanics in the game.  Witch hunting because of this failure is .. kinda despicable.

Edit: need i mention and quote you testifying in my defense on several accounts?  If you spent more time fighting good_fight... you were doing everything wrong under the sun to begin with...

Edited by Okamihoro
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I leave the question regarding why you run away from Good_fight and instead continue to retain the reasonable logic i have already previously presented to you in regards to how to get around a group of players using simple mechanics for each class.  Your need to continue refuting it is simply testament to an inability to understand the basics of classes, basics taught in the first 5 lvls.

1. Choose your target.... It isnt hard to do.  Perhaps your leadership failed in creating an offense that factored focusing that one target.

2. By continuing that basic mechanic i mentioned.... Every class has several abilities that allows them to pass player objects in the world.  To fail to do this.. makes me question your ability to function on a very basic level, as a player.  Which would explain why you needed to argue point one and why you flee Good_Fight.

3.  If the gates are up... why do you need elephants?  is it because you lacked confidence in your players ability to destroy structures?

4. Your screenshot didnt work......  but.... move your cannons?  Im not sure how a ball of people can prevent you from shooting a cannon ball in the air.  At this point you are grasping at straws simply because you found it annoying. 

If you cant fight past adversity and have the audacity to complain after actually exploiting in previous sieges, im not entirely sure what else is left to say.  it sounds like a major failure on your leadership's part for not being experienced enough to react to core mechanics in the game.  Witch hunting because of this failure is .. kinda despicable.

1.  The player is completely surrounded by Good Fight players.  This isn't a tab target game, I can't hit the legatum player without clearing good fight.

2. Good Fight was holding multiple chokepoints and V has a 5 minute cooldown.  Also why does a non-participating guild decide I have to use my V?

3. Yes we need elephants.  Why should a non-participating guild decide we can't use elephants in a siege.

4.  Good Fight completely bodyblocked the player from shooting or moving.

Look as much as I love explaining how the fight went to someone who wants to just insult me and my guild all night, I'm done for the night.

A non-participating guild simply should not be able to impend the progress of participating guilds.

Edited by Qberto

Posted

1.  The player is completely surrounded by Good Fight players.  This isn't a tab target game, I can't hit the legatum player without clearing good fight.

2. Good Fight was holding multiple chokepoints and V has a 5 minute cooldown.

3. Yes we need elephants.  Why should a non-participating guild decide we can't use elephants in a siege.

4.  Good Fight completely bodyblocked the player from shooting or moving.

Look as much as I love explaining how the fight went to someone who wants to just insult me and my guild all night, I'm done for the night.

A non-participating guild simply should not be able to impend the progress of participating guilds.

I neither insulted you or you guild.  I have stated fact and offered minor strategy on combating a simple mechanic.  Being that your new 4 points are exactly the same as your previous only worded slightly differently, i will refrain from reiterating myself.  If you do not understand the points i presented or fail to figure a way to defeat a simple mechanic, look to your leadership.  if they lack a simple solution, then perhaps blame the collective brain power of those around you.  By no means should resorting to name and shame tactics on the forums be the first course of response to to an inability to overcome game mechanics.

It is time for bed, i bid you farewell.

1 person likes this

Posted

See, thats why the world doesnt like 'Muricans.

Posted

d5c.jpg

Posted

If it wasn't for the American playerbase figuring shit out like this and doing it none of these things would have been brought to light so early into their oversea release. We'll free this game of abusable mechanics one step at a time

Posted

We'll free this game of abusable mechanics one step at a time

GIF--Not-Impressed-Eww-Euw-Awful-Bad-throw-up-disgust-Team-America-GIF.gif

41522edb4f42599180c0c0982df855213164a9577ae3f97d45a03b18dd159c23.jpg

Posted

the_great_gatsby_trailer.jpg

Posted

I neither insulted you or you guild.  I have stated fact and offered minor strategy on combating a simple mechanic.  Being that your new 4 points are exactly the same as your previous only worded slightly differently, i will refrain from reiterating myself.  If you do not understand the points i presented or fail to figure a way to defeat a simple mechanic, look to your leadership.  if they lack a simple solution, then perhaps blame the collective brain power of those around you.  By no means should resorting to name and shame tactics on the forums be the first course of response to to an inability to overcome game mechanics.

Only an officer from  ̶V̶e̶r̶i̶t̶a̶s̶  ̶G̶o̶o̶d̶_̶T̶h̶o̶r̶n̶s̶  ̶S̶p̶i̶n̶_̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶   ̶N̶i̶c̶e̶_̶A̶l̶l̶i̶a̶n̶c̶e̶    ̶N̶o̶_̶F̶i̶g̶h̶t̶  Good_Fight could try to spin the use of toxic siege mechanics against those they used them against.

Is Freelancer still hiding in the shadows??

Posted

I leave the question regarding why you run away from Good_fight

First of all, I'm not leadership, officer or any of that stuff. Just a normal member of LotD. I'm not involved in any of our plans and I'm just happy to fight whatever.

You "left the question", but I have one for you.
Why on earth does it even matter why we "run away" (lol) from Good_Fight?

This is about us fighting Legatum, not why we didn't fight Good_Fight.
We have to pick one, don't we?

I'm certain every single person in our guild would LOVE to fight both of you (I have no idea who you are, I'm just gonna assume you're in Good_Fight) 1v1 in a siege, but unfortunately we can't do it at the same time.
If we chose to fight Good_Fight instead, your logic is that we "run away" from Legatum? Do you understand how insanely dumb your reasoning is?

Get over yourselves, you guys really aren't very frightening at all, just annoying with your pathetic cheese shit, lol.

Posted (edited)

The "official" word from korea (Pearl Abyss themselves) concerning thorns according to Daum was that it was legit and a clever use of in game tactics. However if it was so clever why does Korea and Russia have it patched already so that thorns cannot be used during siege wars as non participants only have 1 health.. Korea knows this is an exploit and patched it in other versions and when Daum asked them they told us it was "clever", either Pearl Abyss is trolling us or Daum.

As far as using an invulnerable and un-killable character before the siege war started to open the gates and kill defenders sending them all the way to Altinova before the match goes live that should absolutely be classified as an exploit and patched immediately, there shouldn't be any reason for a sub 45 character to be able to operate the gate levers on a PvP structure.

Edited by Arclight

Posted

Your trolling is really bad.

They were using 50+ players to thornsball. You literally have to kill them if they all surround an object or if they body block an entire hallway. Using blue quality hp return on hit pots doesn't counter thornsball, it only mitigates it. You can't tab target a player within that mass of players since we can't tab target. You didn't "refute" anything. The only strategy for this is to use a couple of wizards/witches to 100% black spirit ult to clear them and sacrifice the players. This shouldn't be needed.

As a ranger I had more deaths to thorns from a non-participating guild when we had to clear the thornsballs than I did to Legatum members. Hwatcha might have killed me just as many times maybe.

Posted

Okami, I'm not sure if you're playing dumb or haven't left Heidel yet.

Either way it should be fairly obvious that a guild not being able to utilise siege weaponry (elephants and cannons) due to a non-participating guild is ridiculous.

Not to mention the gate controller being surrounded by a non-participating guild utilising thorns for the sole purpose of making it difficult to kill the gate controller.

Sometimes I really do wonder if you blokes believe your own bullshit.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edit: need i mention and quote you testifying in my defense on several accounts?  If you spent more time fighting good_fight... you were doing everything wrong under the sun to begin with...

I started reading this reply in the hope of seeing a valid workaround (really no such thing when dealing with an exploit which we all know ineligible thorn balls are) to Qberto's thorn ball complaints and the first thing I saw was "choose your target'. I seriously laughed out loud thinking that either the poster has never experienced a cheesy thorn ball in siege, he is someone using a thorn ball group to his advantage or he is one of those lowlife ineligible player taking part in thorn balls. I glanced 30 seconds at his posting history and saw he was part of Team Legacy and had my answer. ;)

'Choose your target' that is surrounded by 40-60 thorn ball scumbags....doesn't matter if that target is an outpost they are all standing on top of in a tight mound to protect, just pick out that target! lol  'Choosing a target' is a laughable suggestion for a valid work-around.

"Move the cannons" well this seems efficient.... Constantly run around moving cannons the entire fight because we all know these thorn ball groups are stationery and could never move to the next one. Seems like an efficient plan.....  O.o

"Don't need elephants with the gate up' cause well, the gate is always up every war all the time and because elephants can only be used to damage gates and nothing else.

Gotta love this Kuckoo Alliance member referring to thorn balls as 'core mechanics' when one of the basic rules of warfare is that only those with a completed fort are eligible to participate in the war. Massive thorn ball groups by ineligible players is not a core mechanic of siege wars and had the thorn ball groups been eligible players in that war, I might then agree with you but then again, I am pretty certain that lotd would have handled that 'core mechanic' just fine and be sitting with that castle right now had the thorn ball players been 'eligible' players.  

I could go on and on with the asinine response given by the current/or ex Team Legacy member (very likely a Lame_fight member that used the tactic last weekend) but nope, not wasting my time on his troll responses defending ineligible players using a scummy exploit as a strategy to adversely impacting the outcome of a fight they are not eligible to even participate in. 

Edited by realistic1

Posted (edited)

Venting my frustration about what happened Saturday and not having a response from Kakao was a poor decision. There is a respectful way of handling things and I didn't choose it. That is why I am editing the post out even though I know moderators and everyone can still read it via edit history/quote. 

Edited by Rhyha

Posted

Sounds like LOTD players are really salty about losing..

asian_girls_poses_640_01.jpg

Posted

Okamihoro is either a troll, entitled child or both. The shit they pulled is well documented, there isn't much to gain from beating the dead horse any further.

The CM/PM's need to do their -----ing jobs. The negligence displayed by @CM_Aethon and @PM_Jouska is more disappointing than anything the children in "Good_Fight" did on Saturday. We know you're aware of this thread because you attributed Tez's alternate account to his main account and banned him. You guys need to get your act together and release a statement regarding all the exploits documented in this thread. You guys are lucky that your employer can't speak/read English (or chooses not to vet their employees) so they have no idea how incompetent you are. It's disappointing that game companies can still succeed with consistent PR failures, such as the ones displayed all over this forum. This wouldn't fly in any other industry. Please, do your -----ing jobs correctly for once.

I encourage everyone to report this post that way they have to see it. I'll take one for the team. If I get banned, we'll have another confirmation that they are aware of the content in this thread and choose to continue their negligence. 

TIL: You can report your own posts  :)

Keep in mind they are currently doing their job at gamescom, this is a busy part of the year for both Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss.

They are aware of the issue by now and I'm sure the community will see some changes or a response soon.

No need to flame :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Keep in mind they are currently doing their job at gamescom, this is a busy part of the year for both Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss.
They are aware of the issue by now and I'm sure the community will see some changes or a response soon.

No need to flame :)

What this guy said.

Posted

Last time a castle siege was exploited there were multiple prompt responses. There were temp bans distributed by this time. This time, a guild exploited in two separate castle sieges and changed the outcome of both sieges. This thread and our reports have been completely ignored. 

I put some thought into whether or not I wanted to post that comment. The goal is to get ANY response from Kakao. If they decide to ban me while containing to ignore the concerns in this thread, then at least they've taken a firm position on this matter. I'll take whatever punishment they deem fit. 

Posted

Last time a castle siege was exploited there were multiple prompt responses. There were temp bans distributed by this time. This time, a guild exploited in two separate castle sieges and changed the outcome of both sieges. This thread and our reports have been completely ignored. 

I put some thought into whether or not I wanted to post that comment. The goal is to get ANY response from Kakao. If they decide to ban me while containing to ignore the concerns in this thread, then at least they've taken a firm position on this matter. I'll take whatever punishment they deem fit. 

Be patient. Seriously, you don't have to go waving your flag around because we don't get a response in 2 days. They are probably BUSY and you don't know what they're doing. For all we know, they could be talking about it with PA since the fix is reasonably in sight (make everyone's HP to 1). Multiple people telling them to do their jobs isn't going to get it done faster, so stop making yourself look like an asshole. Post your opinion in a thread that is RELEVANT and stop derailing the argument to a flame war against the developers.

2 people like this