• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Add 'DIablo 3' type of dungeons, aka Rifts.

11 posts in this topic

Posted

What is a Rift? I think this video does a good short job of explaining a Diablo 3 Rift: D3 Rifts explained.

TLDW; A rift is a procedurally generated Dungeon full of enemies and elites. As you kill more enemies a progress bar fills. Once the bar is full a Massive boss appears and when defeated it drops loot.  

How it could work in Black Desert: 

You get into a "rift" by collecting keys. In BDO these keys maybe collected via Relic, book, and scroll Scrolls. When you have a party of five each with a key you can go to the Valencia Castle depths and activate an instanced event, the rift. New exclusive to the dungeon Rare weapons, accessories, costumes, furniture, could have a chance to drop from the enemies and the boss. 

It should also be challenging. If you die and aren't revived you'll simple be kicked from the dungeon. So preparation is key; bring med kits, party elixirs, A wizard :)...  

I feel there needs to be something more fun to farm rather than a cycle in one spot of the map. I also feel we need more group activities, because fighting in a group is really fun, but unfortunately there isn't any good group PVE content.    

I have a lot more ideas for this and I'd love to see if the community has any interest in such a thing. 

Posted

Does it have to be a party of 5.... can't be a solo thing either?

Also i read somewhere, that Valencia part 2 has dungeons that appear in the desert randomly. So that would be neat and it would prevent the same area grind spot problem you are having.  

Posted (edited)

any dungeon setup would be awesome, assuming its not just the same as overground, find a spot and run in circle's for 10hours

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Does it have to be a party of 5.... can't be a solo thing either?

Sure, solo for a challenge. The rift dungeons in D3 also track your time and ranks you on a community board. Would be cool to have players times listed on bdos server ranks. 

They also have difficulty tiers. In black desert maybe we could have a Balenos, serendia, calpheon, mediah, and Valencia tier.  With mobs from each of those regions in there so that players under 50 can jump in from the start to try a dungeon against beetles and goblins :). 

Posted

I would love this idea if it provided challenging, but rewarding content that could be soloed.

If you could somehow increase the solo challenge for even greater rewards then I don't see why I would play any other game.

Thanks for the suggestion OP!

Posted

That breaks the idea of BDO, an open world MMORPG. They avoided instancing due to that specific fact, there's world bosses and specific grind spots similar to dungeons without being instance-based locations. Therefore allowing the MMORPG feel without the loading time.

Posted

While in KR, Daum was talking that they were going to test out to create a PVE dungeons for parties. But so far the idea has no success because BDO doesnt have healers nor tanks.

Posted

While in KR, Daum was talking that they were going to test out to create a PVE dungeons for parties. But so far the idea has no success because BDO doesnt have healers nor tanks.

Warriors at guild bosses are extremely helpful for their taunt and a wizard/witch are perfect support roles. 

Posted

trinity is very strong in bdo (when looking at classes). however no pve content EVER needs it therefore people are just playing randomly not using the trinity at all.

Posted (edited)

I would much rather they use a system like AO Hell Rifts where the dungeons aren't static but spawn and other people can enter them or more of a system like EQ2 had with open world dungeons/bosses.

We have some big camps but nothing with anything challenging in it.  I just dont know how they would make it rewarding without being abusive.  However I like the system they have in place for drops where you can get great drops off any mob in a camp not just the bosses.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

We definitely don't want Black Desert to become an instance game where you queue up for a dungeon with a bunch of random people.

But I must say I would like to see more specific step-by-step open world dungeons where there is a specific pattern of action. But make it as opened as the rest of the game.