• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear and player gaps. Too much for average player?

154 posts in this topic

Posted

Whats an average player?

Posted

No it's not short sighted it is years of gaming experience and observation I do not just through out wild facts to satisfy my side, really I don't have a side on this.

It's still your opinion.

And I find it short sighted.

Posted

just my opinion, but i think the core of the problem lies in the player population and we just don't want to face or admit it.

One of the biggest, constant issue i've seen is as follow:
1) RNG causing gear disparity between casual and hardcore players regardless of how much time one has invested in the game.
2) Gear disparity between the casual and hardcore players because the casual can never catch up with limited time to play the game. 

Don't you see? These are two sides to an argument that cancels out one another. The ugly truth is, we as individual players hate to lose and admit that we aren't as good as someone who has a TET Kzarka or DUO Ogre Ring. So we will look to blame it on the game developers for not making the game FAIR. That is the keyword: fairness. People raised in the NA regions are brought up with this idea of equality and fairness, but that's just not how this world works when we can hide behind the internet wall in BDO. In real life, there are people who win the lotteries and then there are people like bill gates and mark zuckerberg. Everything is a statistical distribution curve!! We can't all be in the top 1% (which is what the hardcore well-geared players are whether they got there by luck or with effort).

In BDO, 2/3 (aka the majority) will be players stuck in the average zone, that is the cold hard truth we do not want to face. Even if one of the average players get lucky and breaks through to the top 10%, it literally means he is pushing someone out of the top 10%. That is the hidden true balance in the game, not that people will have equal gear score for full fledged pvp. 

Posted

the error you make is thinking you could ever compete in any online game while playing casual against people who plays 10hours + per day. it never happened and it won't.
when it is not a gear cap it is skills levels.
you'll never be as good as someone who puts 4 times the effort and practice as you, even if it's all equalized.

if you think BDO with equalized gears would be a way for you to compete you're wrong again. the guys who plays 14hours a day will still fkcs you up pretty bad . simply because they play more, know more and have more practice than you.

do you play competitive CS:GO ? I don't think so.
do you play diamond ranked LoL ? I don't think so.
why not ? it's all equalized !.

guess what , people who plays more  simply wins more , IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER.

get a clue, casuals were never meant to compete with no-lifers top ranked folks.

compete with other casuals. there is node level 1 - 2 and 3 . just stay out of Tier 3 and you'll be fine.

have a good day sir

-Sizer

2 people like this

Posted

The problem with this game is pvp.

It is the most unbalanced sh!t I have ever seen. It supports luck with rng and no life grinders which makes it really unbalanced.

I suggest playing GW2 for pvp purpose because if you join pvp you get access to EVERY type of armor / skill / runes etc. and everyone has max level.

Anyway

For me bdo just turned into a browsergame where I log in, get my rewards put on auto loop for horses, feed workers and play BDO (background during overwatch) 

It is pretty sad tbh cause the pvp is pretty cool but it is to unbalanced.

/shrug

Posted

The problem with this game is pvp.

It is the most unbalanced sh!t I have ever seen. It supports luck with rng and no life grinders which makes it really unbalanced.

I suggest playing GW2 for pvp purpose because if you join pvp you get access to EVERY type of armor / skill / runes etc. and everyone has max level.

Anyway

For me bdo just turned into a browsergame where I log in, get my rewards put on auto loop for horses, feed workers and play BDO (background during overwatch) 

It is pretty sad tbh cause the pvp is pretty cool but it is to unbalanced.

/shrug

GW2 WvW was a gear based zergathon *pretty similar to BDO i guess in a way* and the arenas were a bad incomplete version of a MOBA. so yeah.

even on the arena you just cant beat someone who played it all day because of the differnce in skill levels, which is understandable

the only thing it did well was to segregate the arenas so that newbies didnt go against pros... mostly.

Posted

I think it's ridiculous someone has to be full DUO / 56+ to handle Valencia mobs to an acceptable level (and even then, not that well when I tried) No wonder the place is a complete ghost zone. All that content must feel well beyond the casual player who really wants to play it. 

you folks complains when games are too easy and casuals 
and then you complain when you actualy have to play a bit to get to a new content zones.

#millenials.  want easy but not too easy but easy enough but not too easy.

Part of the issue is that there isn't much incentive for casual players to even grind in the first place. With typical MMOs that have dungeon instances, you can enjoy high-tier gameplay along the way to getting maxed gear. In other words, you can enjoy fun raids/dungeons and what the endgame offers before you obtain your maxed out gear. When you're ready, you can do the Mythic raids or whatever to get the last ilevels. In BDO, however, you can't fully compete or enjoy high-tier gameplay in the endgame UNLESS you have close to "maxed gear" (400+ AP/DP). And when you actually sit down and think about why you've been grinding dozens of hours and have reached that lvl 58+ and 400+ AP/DP, it's for what? A dozen or so hours in Node Wars and camping for boss gear from that point? There needs to be more content for players to do in the endgame besides simple grinding. The player at lvl 54/55 with less than 300 AP/DP is so screwed in remaining competitive,  or at least having "fun", compared to the player with 100 more gear score and 3 more levels.

and you can grind the same mytic raid for months untill you have BIS from that raid then move to the next one. but you need 15 other players at the same stage as you are to continue.

in BDO you can move to higher zone solo you don'T need anyone else to run your superb mythic raid farm.

all being said. just go back to WoW ..oh wait you left WoW ? maybe because mythic raid was boring after 2 months ?

Posted

Before people keep complaining more. Once you get full tri there isn't such a huge difference in gear against higher than full tri. 

Posted

Classes are balanced? You are talking about classes that have received buffs and nerfs based on Korean patches and on content that is not yet available ex awakenings right? Are we playing the same game?

Classes are balanced, people suck, nothing new.

What do you expect? Everyone Just stands still and mashes buttons, blocking and dodging acordingly is highly underrated by like 99% of the clueless players here, it will enhance your pvp outcome greatly to just time  your pvp gameplay perfectly and know how to think in front of the class you are fighting with a lot of pvp experience.

Gear is hardly an issue until the gap for either ap and dp becomes like over 50. I could still kill them, only takes retardedly long

The only downside for pvp for me is that CC is rng based rofl, who ever invented that was high as a kite. Pointless and it gives scrubs high advantages if I land 1/10 CC and enemy lands 1/1 CC lel

Also the desync and clipping glitches on some parts of the map are just annoying and I think they will never fix this cause we are just cashcows for PA

Posted (edited)

There is too much disparity in gear now.  The game was settling out pretty well when we all were stuck at  +15.  Not anymore. 

Completely agree with this part. I think that since the release of +20, PvP stopped being skill based in MOST encounters. It still is when both parties are evenly geared, but the odds of this happening are slim at best. Some might argue that full TRI is the new +15, but that milestone is much harder to achieve for players that can`t put in more than 1-2 hours per day. I get how players that dedicate their lives to bdo feel they deserve and should be much stronger than the mass, but I think BDO would be overall more fun and interesting if everyone could put up a fight. The only enjoyable node wars I experienced were the tight ones where victory was never certain. When we completely crush an opponent or when we are completely crushed however, it`s just boring. I`d rather do a guild gathering mission at this point.

If not for the exploration that I enjoy very much and the highly addictive CocainePoints, I would`ve probably quit as well.

That said, I`m still trying to gear up....slowly. But something tells me that when I finally achieve full TRI, they will either raise the cap once more or release other gear that will make mine obsolete.

Edited by BurningBern
1 person likes this

Posted

the error you make is thinking you could ever compete in any online game while playing casual against people who plays 10hours + per day. it never happened and it won't.
when it is not a gear cap it is skills levels.
you'll never be as good as someone who puts 4 times the effort and practice as you, even if it's all equalized.

if you think BDO with equalized gears would be a way for you to compete you're wrong again. the guys who plays 14hours a day will still fkcs you up pretty bad . simply because they play more, know more and have more practice than you.

do you play competitive CS:GO ? I don't think so.
do you play diamond ranked LoL ? I don't think so.
why not ? it's all equalized !.

guess what , people who plays more  simply wins more , IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER.

get a clue, casuals were never meant to compete with no-lifers top ranked folks.

compete with other casuals. there is node level 1 - 2 and 3 . just stay out of Tier 3 and you'll be fine.

have a good day sir

-Sizer

Feel free to read what I said.  The point of the entire thread is to discuss if the gear gaps or other parts of the game are the reasons people are not staying and playing the game.  A game with no players is no fun.  Since you obviously have nothing to add with any intelligence you run to the old stand by of insulting people. 

You are the one that should get a clue.  Yeah I will be sure to tell the top geared players not to mess with me in the open world.

You are just another no lifer that wants to make sure  you can be king of the hill for as long as possible.  You have no desire for a good competitive fight.  You win because you played longer, congrats!  You win. 

The day of the mmo is dead when the majority of playing population are represented by this guy. 

Posted

Feel free to read what I said.  The point of the entire thread is to discuss if the gear gaps or other parts of the game are the reasons people are not staying and playing the game.  A game with no players is no fun.  Since you obviously have nothing to add with any intelligence you run to the old stand by of insulting people. 

You are the one that should get a clue.  Yeah I will be sure to tell the top geared players not to mess with me in the open world.

You are just another no lifer that wants to make sure  you can be king of the hill for as long as possible.  You have no desire for a good competitive fight.  You win because you played longer, congrats!  You win. 

The day of the mmo is dead when the majority of playing population are represented by this guy. 

Funniest thing is that same guy made a river of tears whining thread about +20 a while ago, when he thought he wont be able to catch up. 

Posted (edited)

You are just another no lifer that wants to make sure  you can be king of the hill for as long as possibleYou have no desire for a good competitive fight.  You win because you played longer, congrats!  You win. 

red :  Actually no I'm not. but ok.
put equalized gears . we'll see how fast the game will empty. nobody wants an mmo with no gearsprogression, at least not mmo players.

yellow : competitive fight in videogames is a myth.
casuals can't compete with no-lifers, no matter the game. stop trying to look good.

green : yes and it should be that way in long-term mmos. not competitive games.

go back to your casual instanced WoW play competitive arena pvp. 
and let the purist open world BDO fan stay here.

hushh hushh

BDO is not competitive pvp.
play a moba or a shooter if you want to compete, oh wait you can't because it takes actual 14hours a day practice to be competitive in these games. oh noes, too much gear gap in LoL and DOTA man.

stop trying man.

Edited by Sizer
1 person likes this

Posted

It's not about "hardcore" vs. "casual", this game made that clear a long time ago. The biggest problem is that there is absolutely nothing this game offers that requires team effort and coordination (Node wars are a dim light at the end of the tunnel, but far from what they are supposed to be)

In this game it doesn't matter if you grind non stop and piss and poop in a sock just to get that one more Sausan kill or if you AFK all day. If you're lucky at RNG'ng you are at a "competitive" level, if you are not, well, it doesn't matter how good you are, you still a scrub.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

. If you're lucky at RNG'ng you are at a "competitive" level, if you are not, well, it doesn't matter how good you are, you still a scrub.

Mate, RNG doesn't make you competitive, i know gear makes a big difference but still it's not all, i've beaten myself nooblords with TRI gear (because there's no other way to call them) when i still was at pri-duo state, like c'mon...

Edited by SinisterSaints

Posted (edited)

The Game wasn't perfect right before the Valencia patch dropped ....   But atleast it felt like PVP'ing was an attainable goal for every person who could drop up to 500 hours into the direct 'grind hole'.   Now ... it seems like 5000 hours isn't enough and never will be because they'll just add the NEXT treadmill before everyone could even reach that point. (But not actually add any real New content .... just more vast empty areas that look like they were generated by No man's Sky's Engine) 

Edited by iller

Posted

Mate, RNG doesn't make you competitive, i know gear makes a big difference but still it's not all, i've beaten myself nooblords with TRI gear (because there's no other way to call them) when i still was at pri-duo state, like c'mon...

Pic or it didn't happen. 

Posted

red :  Actually no I'm not. but ok.put equalized gears . we'll see how fast the game will empty. nobody wants an mmo with no gearsprogression, at least not mmo players.

yellow : competitive fight in videogames is a myth.
casuals can't compete with no-lifers, no matter the game. stop trying to look good.

green : yes and it should be that way in long-term mmos. not competitive games.

go back to your casual instanced WoW play competitive arena pvp. 
and let the purist open world BDO fan stay here.

hushh hushh

BDO is not competitive pvp.
play a moba or a shooter if you want to compete, oh wait you can't because it takes actual 14hours a day practice to be competitive in these games. oh noes, too much gear gap in LoL and DOTA man.

stop trying man.

You are right. Only you opinion is the only thing that matters.  Cheers.

Guys like this like playing with themselves in games because that is what they do in real life.  Sorry if the truth hurts.  Huge mmos with no people are fail.

Posted

You are right. Only you opinion much like your asshole is the only thing that matters.  Cheers.

Guys like this like playing with themselves in games because that is what they do in real life.  Sorry if the truth hurts.  Huge mmos with no people are fail.

ok.

Posted

Yea, I think the gear gap is too much for average players. Everyone wants great gear, not the best but good enough to be competitive, be it pve or pvp. But Here, you're not competing against other players, you're competing against the games rng.  Casuals aren't going to beat their head against a wall forever or grind endlessly just to beat a stupid end game time sink. They'll get as far as they can, enjoy the content that is at their gear level and leave when the can move no further.  

You can yell git gud or quit crying or play harder all you want but when your progression is based on luck, players are not going to stay around when their luck is bad. Yea, you can grind for silver or cash shop it,  but that only goes so far before it is boring as hell. The entire end game progression is based on luck and grinding and you actually have to think about why casuals quit. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea, I think the gear gap is too much for average players. Everyone wants great gear, not the best but good enough to be competitive, be it pve or pvp. But Here, you're not competing against other players, you're competing against the games rng.  Casuals aren't going to beat their head against a wall forever or grind endlessly just to beat a stupid end game time sink. They'll get as far as they can, enjoy the content that is at their gear level and leave when the can move no further.  

You can yell git gud or quit crying or play harder all you want but when your progression is based on luck, players are not going to stay around when their luck is bad. Yea, you can grind for silver or cash shop it,  but that only goes so far before it is boring as hell. The entire end game progression is based on luck and grinding and you actually have to think about why casuals quit. 

Very well said.

Posted

Very well said.

you're both playing the wrong game then.
instead of trying to change it to fit your playstyle just look for a game that fits you.

current BDO fits alot of players already.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whats an average player?

Another way of saying "me"

Posted

. If you're lucky at RNG'ng you are at a "competitive" level, if you are not, well, it doesn't matter how good you are, you still a scrub.

Exactly what BDO crap pvp is about on top of uber unbalance because gear power gap.

Posted

you're both playing the wrong game then.instead of trying to change it to fit your playstyle just look for a game that fits you.
current BDO fits alot of players already.

The question wasn't about whether the game was for me, it was about end gear gap. As for your comment, Yes, I'll leave when the gear grind catches up to me, so far it hasn't due to alts, horses and simply not playing endless hours. BDO may just fit a lot of players, but there are even more turned off by the Asian endgame mechanic and I dare say more will join me than will join and stay with the game.    Which is really a shame, a little tweaking here and there and this could have been one of the better games to come out in recent years. 

1 person likes this