• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear and player gaps. Too much for average player?

154 posts in this topic

Posted

you folks complains when games are too easy and casuals and then you complain when you actualy have to play a bit to get to a new content zones.

#millenials.  want easy but not too easy but easy enough but not too easy.

and you can grind the same mytic raid for months untill you have BIS from that raid then move to the next one. but you need 15 other players at the same stage as you are to continue.
in BDO you can move to higher zone solo you don'T need anyone else to run your superb mythic raid farm.

all being said. just go back to WoW ..oh wait you left WoW ? maybe because mythic raid was boring after 2 months ?

I never played WoW that much. I used mythic raids as an example of extreme endgame because it's familiar to many MMO players. In BDO, the equivalent of extreme endgame that I was referring to was Node/Siege Wars. If you can do that solo, be my guest, but I'm betting that you also need about 15 or so other players.

Posted (edited)

The game structure is built like a slot machine when it should be like Texas Holdem. Sure, slot machines can hold your interest for a short time but they are often repetitive and you don't have a lot of input into the outcome. Eventually you stand up from the chair and move on to another one.  Texas Holdem on the other hand, while still gambling manages to be a largely skill based game. You are not going to show up to a Poker tournament and win it with no knowledge or effort. You can relate that to this game when you see players that have been playing the game since day one and have not gotten boss drops and then a brand new player walks up and miraculously gets the very item you have been eyeing for months. Whether or not that is RNG, it's still off putting. RPGs are usually synonymous with effort=reward, however in this game that is such a small part of the equation.

You can see their fascination with gambling in every aspect of the game from the enhancement system, to loots drops, horse skill change coupons, dyes, etc. and I think this is one of fatal flaws with this game. Not only this but the game sometimes feels like one of those carnival games that are rigged so it is almost impossible to win. You find yourself questioning how things work and speculating on how to beat the system. The only prize you get is a nice tin foil hat. 

Edited by Antalicus
5 people like this

Posted

Classes are balanced? You are talking about classes that have received buffs and nerfs based on Korean patches and on content that is not yet available ex awakenings right? Are we playing the same game?

Awakenings will make classes (level-wise) more imbalanced in endgame than ever, what is a 56 going to do vs a 58/59? 

Anyway what is the immense class toolkit gap you are talking about? Between which classes? I highly predict you just have a l2p issue (as always), people just cry and don't actually pvp enough and are just bad and blame their lack of skill on class imbalance lol

Posted (edited)

Awakenings will make classes (level-wise) more imbalanced in endgame than ever, what is a 56 going to do vs a 58/59? 

Anyway what is the immense class toolkit gap you are talking about? Between which classes? I highly predict you just have a l2p issue (as always), people just cry and don't actually pvp enough and are just bad and blame their lack of skill on class imbalance lol

I guess the fact that warriors have been nerfed since launch to account for their awakening that hasnt arrived yet is a l2p issue, like tamers getting buffed pre mediah to account for their pet not scalling well to +16 onward enchants that didnt arrive a month later was a l2p issue, wizards getting their skills buffed to account for not having an awakening while in our version NOONE has awakening is a l2p issue. I dont know how the classes would have been in a normal state but patching classes for things not there just seems stupid and unproffesional to me. I still dont get what your point was exactly...should they hold on to awakenings till the last casual reaches 58? I dont know how long you ve been playing this game but gear equates to winning and awakenings will level the field of grinding for classes that are struggling to solo grind at this moment. Go play with your magic ball now wear your turban and make more predictions, can you predict where you common sense went?

Edited by Hayate
typo

Posted

Play efficiently with the time you have and you will do just fine. I know people who play 1/5th of the time i do and are billions of silvers worth ahead of me in gear, sure i got crappy luck it would seem but still..just spend your time efficiently.

Actually you won't, it is a monumental task to get boss armour and kazarka to tri/tet and you have 100% zero chance without it, and to get it all does take extreme luck and then extreme non gameplay related effort. the system is a little bit too janky and complicated. Simplifying the entire enchanting system without all of the silliness of building fail stacks would go along way. the other issue is the gear gap for the final steps is truly immense for something that requires that much luck and resources.....I mean do you even understand what it takes to get 90 fail stacks? Then the luck needed to hit a 20% change or to fail and regress? The sheer amount of silver and grinding to constantly create what is essentially trash gear to create fail stacks? So in the end the difference between the guy in boss tet gear and the guy not in it is simply luck, yet the stat change is enormous. I could fail my tet attempts 7-8 times, regress, you can pop it on try number one yet you are infinitely more powerful than I simply out of raw luck you could even put less effort than me...

Posted

I guess the fact that warriors have been nerfed since launch to account for their awakening that hasnt arrived yet is a l2p issue, like tamers getting buffed pre mediah to account for their pet not scalling well to +16 onward enchants that didnt arrive a month later was a l2p issue, wizards getting their skills buffed to account for not having an awakening while in our version NOONE has awakening is a l2p issue. I dont know how the classes would have been in a normal state but patching classes for things not there just seems stupid and unproffesional to me. I still dont get what your point was exactly...should they hold on to awakenings till the last casual reaches 58? I dont know how long you ve been playing this game but gear equates to winning and awakenings will level the field of grinding for classes that are struggling to solo grind at this moment. Go play with your magic ball now wear your turban and make more predictions, can you predict where you common sense went?

I'm killing people in tri/tet with horrible gear  alongsided with a poor amount of SP( 1v1 only, sorc)  your 'gear = win' logic ? Uh ok.. 

There are only like 2 (out of...?) good warriors on my server who literally pulverize anyone 1v1 and have brained synergy.. 1vX and know how to still make their class functionable Trust me Everyone here has a major l2p issue cause they are heavily gear carried since forever

Tamers are not an issue after buff and tamera that properly block are rare

Wiz buff for awakening is asspul imagination, wizards are nobrain class, but weak as fk if you actually pvped

Posted

I'm killing people in tri/tet with horrible gear  alongsided with a poor amount of SP( 1v1 only, sorc)  your 'gear = win' logic ? Uh ok.. 

There are only like 2 (out of...?) good warriors on my server who literally pulverize anyone 1v1 and have brained synergy.. 1vX and know how to still make their class functionable Trust me Everyone here has a major l2p issue cause they are heavily gear carried since forever

Tamers are not an issue after buff and tamera that properly block are rare

Wiz buff for awakening is asspul imagination, wizards are nobrain class, but weak as fk if you actually pvped

You are playing sorc enough said....i mean that class is just....well you know what i mean, of course you can take on people with better gear than you...why dont you try doing that with any other class than sorc and come tell me the results.....Warriors have a high skill cap and a more gear depended than other classes, you need very good gear to be able to kill someone cause he can just pot through whatever burst there is left in the class. I do agree though wizards are just crap in 1vs1 situations. If they delayed warrior awakening a bit more those 2 warriors you are talking about would probably be the only ones in your server in general. How many do you know that rerolled the class, i mean you cant grind solo at an effective lvl unless you got more than 180ap and that is no easy task, even then you cant even match half the grinding speed of others.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

The game structure is built like a slot machine when it should be like Texas Holdem. Sure, slot machines can hold your interest for a short time but they are often repetitive and you don't have a lot of input into the outcome. Eventually you stand up from the chair and move on to another one.  Texas Holdem on the other hand, while still gambling manages to be a largely skill based game. You are not going to show up to a Poker tournament and win it with no knowledge or effort. You can relate that to this game when you see players that have been playing the game since day one and have not gotten boss drops and then a brand new player walks up and miraculously gets the very item you have been eyeing for months. Whether or not that is RNG, it's still off putting. RPGs are usually synonymous with effort=reward, however in this game that is such a small part of the equation.

You can see their fascination with gambling in every aspect of the game from the enhancement system, to loots drops, horse skill change coupons, dyes, etc. and I think this is one of fatal flaws with this game. Not only this but the game sometimes feels like one of those carnival games that are rigged so it is almost impossible to win. You find yourself questioning how things work and speculating on how to beat the system. The only prize you get is a nice tin foil hat. 

I would only adjust your point that because this game uses exponential system the problem is it becomes less like "gambling" and more like an all out lottery.

Posted

As it stands, I'm a sorc with 193 AP and 247 DP

I have never been this far ahead since pre-mediah.

When mediah came out, I fell really far behind in terms of gear as I never grinded a lot, but still played a lot.
I am one of those players you could call "PVP orientated" and love any opportunity to fight someone, so when i was far behind with mediah's release, I did feel a little underpowered compared to everyone else, but not completely useless as i picked a class that can beat people with much better gear than yourself (this comes with spending hours learning other classes like I did).

Now, honest opinion here, I HATE stomping people (unless they're griefing) and find no joy in throwing one spell and landing a kill, I really do not like this.

HOWEVER, one thing I hate more than stomping undergeared players, is not getting fights from people who actually have good gear and prefer not to fight at all (basically PVE players...).
I personally think that getting average gear (380-400) isnt actually too difficult and can be easily obtained through casual play in a matter of weeks (full DUO can make you somewhat competitive, depending on class) and the majority of players are not even 400+ yet, so there is plenty of players to fight below that threshold.

For what the OP is complaining about, IS the community that are above 400 gear level and I'm going to put it out there... IT DOES NOT MATTER!
There is more in the game than just combat... SO MUCH MORE, and if combat is all you are concerned for, then put more time into it and just upgrade, you can't expect to be able to fight higher tier players on equal-ish grounds without putting any time into upgrading (I understand u already stated this, but this is literally the only point that exists for this).

Overall, i think the problem at hand (at least in my view) is that PvP in itself is pointless right now, and people have zero incentive to fight others at all, rather than worrying about people being able to beat you with better gear than you, it just doesnt matter right now.

You are playing sorc enough said....i mean that class is just....well you know what i mean, of course you can take on people with better gear than you...why dont you try doing that with any other class than sorc and come tell me the results.....Warriors have a high skill cap and a more gear depended than other classes, you need very good gear to be able to kill someone cause he can just pot through whatever burst there is left in the class. I do agree though wizards are just crap in 1vs1 situations. If they delayed warrior awakening a bit more those 2 warriors you are talking about would probably be the only ones in your server in general. How many do you know that rerolled the class, i mean you cant grind solo at an effective lvl unless you got more than 180ap and that is no easy task, even then you cant even match half the grinding speed of others.

Playing sorc itself doesnt mean you're a god at 1v1 automatically.. I literally hate it when people say this, if you have a fight vs a good sorc (just like any other class) you're in for a hard fight. There's a lot more than just spamming one spell like a shtty sorc (if you played sorc, you would understand this).

Warriors DO NOT have a high skill cap, I have zero clue what you're talking about. Warriors have a decent cap at which you can block attacks effectively (believe me, some warriors cannot do this for their life), but everything else is pretty damn braindead to do, its the same as every class, knowing what spells to use vs certain targets, that comes with knowledge, not skill disparity.

Btw, wizards can actually be really good in 1v1s if they fully understand their class, although a lot of prediction is involved, they can outplay opponents as much as any 1v1 class can.

Posted

As it stands, I'm a sorc with 193 AP and 247 DP

I have never been this far ahead since pre-mediah.

When mediah came out, I fell really far behind in terms of gear as I never grinded a lot, but still played a lot.
I am one of those players you could call "PVP orientated" and love any opportunity to fight someone, so when i was far behind with mediah's release, I did feel a little underpowered compared to everyone else, but not completely useless as i picked a class that can beat people with much better gear than yourself (this comes with spending hours learning other classes like I did).

Now, honest opinion here, I HATE stomping people (unless they're griefing) and find no joy in throwing one spell and landing a kill, I really do not like this.

HOWEVER, one thing I hate more than stomping undergeared players, is not getting fights from people who actually have good gear and prefer not to fight at all (basically PVE players...).
I personally think that getting average gear (380-400) isnt actually too difficult and can be easily obtained through casual play in a matter of weeks (full DUO can make you somewhat competitive, depending on class) and the majority of players are not even 400+ yet, so there is plenty of players to fight below that threshold.

For what the OP is complaining about, IS the community that are above 400 gear level and I'm going to put it out there... IT DOES NOT MATTER!
There is more in the game than just combat... SO MUCH MORE, and if combat is all you are concerned for, then put more time into it and just upgrade, you can't expect to be able to fight higher tier players on equal-ish grounds without putting any time into upgrading (I understand u already stated this, but this is literally the only point that exists for this).

Overall, i think the problem at hand (at least in my view) is that PvP in itself is pointless right now, and people have zero incentive to fight others at all, rather than worrying about people being able to beat you with better gear than you, it just doesnt matter right now.

Playing sorc itself doesnt mean you're a god at 1v1 automatically.. I literally hate it when people say this, if you have a fight vs a good sorc (just like any other class) you're in for a hard fight. There's a lot more than just spamming one spell like a shtty sorc (if you played sorc, you would understand this).
Warriors DO NOT have a high skill cap, I have zero clue what you're talking about. Warriors have a decent cap at which you can block attacks effectively (believe me, some warriors cannot do this for their life), but everything else is pretty damn braindead to do, its the same as every class, knowing what spells to use vs certain targets, that comes with knowledge, not skill disparity.

Btw, wizards can actually be really good in 1v1s if they fully understand their class, although a lot of prediction is involved, they can outplay opponents as much as any 1v1 class can.

If you fight a good sorc with stats resembling yours there isnt actually any fighting involved cause he can kill you in one combo. I fought a sorc with 183ap yesterday as a warrior with 274dp, i got 3k hp and my hp went from 100 to 15% in a single combo. No other class can do that without any window for reaction from my part. The warrior you claim block tones of damage are the ones that are probably using a kite shield for the added dmg reduction, those guys unless they got full tri ap accessories cant even burst your horse down. A warrior in order to kill someone has to do everything absolutely flawlessly or the other guy can just pot through everything you throw at him. As far as wizards go, i as a warrior find them easy to deal with in comparison to like tamers or zerkers even if they can play their class well, it will be a long fight sometimes but usually it ends in my favour.

Dont know how this quote ended here im on my mobile and for the life of me cant find a way to erase it from the post :-P

Posted

If you fight a good sorc with stats resembling yours there isnt actually any fighting involved cause he can kill you in one combo. I fought a sorc with 183ap yesterday as a warrior with 274dp, i got 3k hp and my hp went from 100 to 15% in a single combo. No other class can do that without any window for reaction from my part. The warrior you claim block tones of damage are the ones that are probably using a kite shield for the added dmg reduction, those guys unless they got full tri ap accessories cant even burst your horse down. A warrior in order to kill someone has to do everything absolutely flawlessly or the other guy can just pot through everything you throw at him. As far as wizards go, i as a warrior find them easy to deal with in comparison to like tamers or zerkers even if they can play their class well, it will be a long fight sometimes but usually it ends in my favour.

Dont know how this quote ended here im on my mobile and for the life of me cant find a way to erase it from the post :-P

I don't understand what you're doing vs sorcs, but warriors block all CC with the block up (accept grabs), but we don't have grabs, so how on earth a sorc managed to combo you with no CC is beyond me. If the sorc gets close to you, you can grab and throw on the floor, our dark flame can be grabbed mid-flight, our initiations can be easily countered by you, as far as melee is concerned.
Sure, we can blink around you and damage you behind your block, but we cant cc you in the first place unless you let us batter your block down to 0%.
But either way, even as an AP warrior, a sorc with decent DP can't die to a warrior 1 on 1 by any means, because your skill scalings are garbage until awakenings, not really much else can be said here.

Posted

I got jumped while grinding so i didnt even see it coming. Dont even get me started on how unreliable grabs are atm with the state of the servers, resistances etc, and we got just one grab if that fails we loose all our dmg potential till it refreshes. Either way we delved into this and got off topic... This game isnt for your average joe who wants to pvp from the get go without putting massive ammounts off time into the game. Unless you ve been playing from launch and can now afford to be less active since you ve built afk iincome ammounting to 20-30-40 million a day, this game requires you to spend 10 hours a day so that you can reach competitive lvl in a month or so considering RNG can be a ----- even more than that. That though could work in your favor as well if you get lucky on enchants.

I don't understand what you're doing vs sorcs, but warriors block all CC with the block up (accept grabs), but we don't have grabs, so how on earth a sorc managed to combo you with no CC is beyond me. If the sorc gets close to you, you can grab and throw on the floor, our dark flame can be grabbed mid-flight, our initiations can be easily countered by you, as far as melee is concerned.Sure, we can blink around you and damage you behind your block, but we cant cc you in the first place unless you let us batter your block down to 0%.
But either way, even as an AP warrior, a sorc with decent DP can't die to a warrior 1 on 1 by any means, because your skill scalings are garbage until awakenings, not really much else can be said here.

Posted

They need to make a catch up channel like they have in korea.. like if your under level 58 or something. Have 100% experience channel or even increase silver drop. New players or players that want to come back can catch up quickly.p

Posted

First of all I am not going to minimize the crazy amount of work and effort people have put into their gear and character because I know it has been monumental.  You all deserve what you have.

My question:  Is the gear/player gap too large in the game to keep the average player interested or feel like they have a chance and will they want to continue to pvp or even attempt to pvp?

My answer is not really.  There are players that can wipe 5, 10 maybe more what I would consider well geared players.  While this might be fun for the well geared guy, is this good for everyone else?  Once again no.  As it is nearly impossible to ever compete with that guy.  The guys that can play all day and night will never ever be caught.  Catching up to well geared players is tough enough if you have limited playing time.

There is too much disparity in gear now.  The game was settling out pretty well when we all were stuck at  +15.  Not anymore.  It is sad when you are a 400 ap/dp guy fairly balanced and you get one or two shot, you watch damage to opposing players that seem to do nothing.  To a more laid back person this pretty discouraging. 

Is this why so many people have left this game?  Obviously class balance is a terrible joke.  The Awakenings will probably make things worse not better.  Do people that are super geared really get off stomping far lesser geared/skilled people?

While lesser geared folks can man siege equipment and be helpful is that enough to keep them interested in the long haul?  Probably not. 

I wonder what the demographics or metrics are for the player base of BDO NA/EU.  How much time does the average player actually actively play the game?  Can the game survive long term if it appears to cater to those with far more time which gives them a significant advantage, which they earned, but puts everyone else is a very large competitive disadvantage.

If this is a problem, how can it be solved, or can it be solved or is this a fatal flaw in the game.

This game churns through players like nothing before it and this was happening long before the P2W argument or the Awakening conspiracy.  Can any of the old players be lured back.  So many big and small guilds continue to fold, merge or have lousy showings for Castle wars and node wars.  What is causing the bleeding and how can it be stopped.  I wonder which chases more people the gear issue or the RNG issue or something else.

Can we possibly have some civil discussions on issues like this.  Do you agree with me?  Do you have other opinions why?  Any good ideas for fixes?  We probably will not all agree with each other but maybe for once :) we can try to look at issues or topics from a different angle. 

I guess it depends on how often you play and if you maximize your earnings while playing. Im not hardcore player, I am married with a 3 year old and my wife and I both work full time. So that leaves me home alone with the kid, so I cant just sit behind a computer desk and be absent from my childs daily activities.

I tend to play 1 hour on Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed. Sometimes on those days I cant even get on it sucks but whatever. I play the most on the weekends, anywhere from 1-8 hours depending on my responsibilities for that day. In my game time I have got Tri liverto/offhand, tet grunil helm and my remaining grunil items are tri. My accessories are pri and I have a tri bares beck. I also obtained Hebe armor (+13) and Bheg gloves (Pri) from world bosses. To be fair I only get two do the world bosses 1-2 times a week if im lucky. 

A lot of people say its difficult to get where I am and I like to think I am on par with some of the top players in terms of gear. I dont play alot, new players can easily get to 56-57 in no time. The game seems to always have an event running also which helps everyone. Again I think players can catch up if they tried. I also have 350 energy 270 contribution some days when I play i just do quests... for an hour and log which nets me no in game income. 

Posted (edited)

I guess it depends on how often you play and if you maximize your earnings while playing. Im not hardcore player, I am married with a 3 year old and my wife and I both work full time. So that leaves me home alone with the kid, so I cant just sit behind a computer desk and be absent from my childs daily activities.

I tend to play 1 hour on Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed. Sometimes on those days I cant even get on it sucks but whatever. I play the most on the weekends, anywhere from 1-8 hours depending on my responsibilities for that day. In my game time I have got Tri liverto/offhand, tet grunil helm and my remaining grunil items are tri. My accessories are pri and I have a tri bares beck. I also obtained Hebe armor (+13) and Bheg gloves (Pri) from world bosses. To be fair I only get two do the world bosses 1-2 times a week if im lucky. 

A lot of people say its difficult to get where I am and I like to think I am on par with some of the top players in terms of gear. I dont play alot, new players can easily get to 56-57 in no time. The game seems to always have an event running also which helps everyone. Again I think players can catch up if they tried. I also have 350 energy 270 contribution some days when I play i just do quests... for an hour and log which nets me no in game income. 

So your pro tip is just to be lucky or have account that have too high luck? Wonder why those boss armors are so expensive if everybody can just kill boss and get one.  :D

Edited by Junkpile

Posted

I got jumped while grinding so i didnt even see it coming. Dont even get me started on how unreliable grabs are atm with the state of the servers, resistances etc, and we got just one grab if that fails we loose all our dmg potential till it refreshes. Either way we delved into this and got off topic... This game isnt for your average joe who wants to pvp from the get go without putting massive ammounts off time into the game. Unless you ve been playing from launch and can now afford to be less active since you ve built afk iincome ammounting to 20-30-40 million a day, this game requires you to spend 10 hours a day so that you can reach competitive lvl in a month or so considering RNG can be a ----- even more than that. That though could work in your favor as well if you get lucky on enchants.

You could count this as another "well it worked for you, no one else" statement. BUT I have spent almost no where near 10 hours a day on this game and reached the stats I did, I wouldnt even say i was lucky either, I perhaps have lost more enchants than gained, and this is from 2 hours of actual grinding a day (which I have only been doing properly only recently).

I for one cannot stand grinding, it is the bane of my existence, but its fun to do it occasionally, and its perfectly fine to do so, do remember that the gear gap is closing, as gaining any more AP above 200 is extremely difficult and risky, yet gaining stats to 180/220 is entirely possible to any casual player within a matter of weeks.
The only thing that does make this more consistent, is knowing how to efficiently failstack and take controlled risks to upgrade gear, ALSO remember that pure AP and DP isn't always the answer, accuracy, evasion and stamina gains can also make up for these and give more utility for your class, so never think pure stats is the end all of everything.

Posted

gaining stats to 180/220 is entirely possible to any casual player within a matter of weeks.

Unless you fail your TRI something like 25 times, which is, again, entirely possible even with all the "efficient failstacking".

Posted

I don't think the gap is that big of a deal. its because the game is still relatively new. there is a gear soft cap this is basicalyl full tri gear witch is not really that hard to get to and then maybe full duo jewelry. yes having more than that is nice but believe it or not this game is really heavily skill based. a good player can easily land every single one of their cc's onto a unskilled player while dodging all incomming cc or big damage moves. gear gap does not really matter at this point when its a small gap witch is really all that you can have once you get to the gear soft cap.

also the cost of upgrading is exponential the higher you go the more it costs to get a single upgrade. it will eventually cost someone over 5 billion silver to "maybe" get an upgrade where as when you are new you can go from 10 to 150 ap in a week. there was that one kunoichi who got to 59 in only 2 weeks after ninja/kuno release. so don't tell me new players can not be competitive. this guy grinded in 2 weeks what 98% of the player base didnt do in months. also with each new patch you not only get xp faster but silver as well. when game first came out i only managed to get to the low 40s on my entire 7 day trial pass. and even for a good player 1 million an hour was pretty dam good. now even I can get a new char up to 50 in just a few hours. and probably to 55 in 1 or 2 days when before it was a month or so most players it was so far off dreaming of 55 it was pointless now you can do it in no time at all. and now people can make up to 10 million an hour instead of 1 million. even a poor geared player can do 3-5 mill an hour while on the market for the most part gear is roughly the same cost because of the set limits. 

even then this game has competitive tiers. its the point of different levels of node wars. would you complain when trying to play league of legends that there was no way you could compete with master rank players who have been no Lifing the game for 4 years? no because you have bronze/silver/gold and the pros have diamond and master. here the pros have castle and t3 and other players have t1 and t2.

I can't tell you how many times I have been out played by someone in this game and outplayed someone else. I framing or dodging one of their core cooldowns that now make them extremely vulnerable and vise versa. really like I said all you need is the soft cap in gear then learn how to play and you will be set for at a minimum of a year gear wise.

I was in some guys stream today. he used to play on NA> gave his account to a friend because he was "quitting" then he went on KR for a bit. now he is back in NA basically started fresh not that long ago. he seems to not be to worried about his future in the game even after having to literally start from ground zero again.

really the only thing a new player has to worry about is. this is a marathon not a sprint. no one is meant to have full bis gear like you would in other mmorpgs. this game is meant so you always have a means of progressing your gear. and having that sort of "infinite" progression means huge time sink. don't try to rush to "become top tier" just relax and enjoy the game. all I have really done for past few months is literally just gather sheep. I am having a fine time. just chill out and talk to people while watching netflix and killing sheep in the most beautiful game I have ever seen in my life witch is surprising for an MMO.

Unless you fail your TRI something like 25 times, which is, again, entirely possible even with all the "efficient failstacking".

its also possible they get bheg gloves on their first daily when there are many people who have not got it from doing the daily for months every single day.

and the beauty of this games enchant system is when RNG -----s you it really blesses you. when you fail that many times in a row your going to have a very valuable failstack that any high tier player would kill to get. I have herd of people getting pissed off for successfully getting tet because they wanted to fail to increase their failstack.  really it only really sucks if you succeed right in th emiddle. you ether want to enchant success right away or keep failing a lot.

Posted

You could count this as another "well it worked for you, no one else" statement. BUT I have spent almost no where near 10 hours a day on this game and reached the stats I did, I wouldnt even say i was lucky either, I perhaps have lost more enchants than gained, and this is from 2 hours of actual grinding a day (which I have only been doing properly only recently).
I for one cannot stand grinding, it is the bane of my existence, but its fun to do it occasionally, and its perfectly fine to do so, do remember that the gear gap is closing, as gaining any more AP above 200 is extremely difficult and risky, yet gaining stats to 180/220 is entirely possible to any casual player within a matter of weeks.
The only thing that does make this more consistent, is knowing how to efficiently failstack and take controlled risks to upgrade gear, ALSO remember that pure AP and DP isn't always the answer, accuracy, evasion and stamina gains can also make up for these and give more utility for your class, so never think pure stats is the end all of everything.

After my first TET fail and being stuck on our for a week, I decided to just outright buy a backup TRI Liverto. Believe me is such a relief to be able to enchant without worry of losing AP. I'm working on building a "backup set" of accessories for the sole purpose of never touching it and the AP range between 170 and 190. 

Out l it also helps now that my workers are all professional and artisan and make me 30ish steady income per day. :3

I hate "competitive grinding" I grind at bashims/bandits/desert sagas for co. They are bad silver but decent once node level 5 with them hourly pila fe and map drops.

Posted

You can just like, you know? Buy the gear?

Posted (edited)

no point going tri when you can just buy it. this game punishes you to a point of not bothering anymore.

Edited by Tamaseka

Posted

eh I'm casual and I don't ever expect to be on par with people who play 8+ hours a day and are already at 400+ gearscore

that's just my play style though

I don't need to be the best, or even able to compete with the best, to have fun

I'll be playing BDO for a long time regardless

I agree.

I'm mostly a PVE player and have found SO many other things to do in the game. One of my goals is to complete every quest in the game, but as I level, more quests keep popping up all over the place. So, I'm in it for the long haul. If a nolifer geared to the hilt player wants to PK me, oh well. I'll just re-spawn and move on. I'm enjoying the game too much to care about them.

anyone under 400 combined ap/dp needs to git gud and l2p.

I'll probably never get to 400 ap.dp and I know how to play my characters. So don't tell me how to play my game! It's MY game, I paid for it! You play your game and I'll play mine. I obviously don't play as much as you because I have a Job, Family, and other hobbies. I can't just sit around and play BDO my whole life. 

Posted

Im playing 2 hours a day... I have full grunil duo and duo liverto and secondary weapon ... I dont have more because im lazy and waste.time beeing silly or just fooling around... So i dont get why ppl say you cant make it....

Posted

Im playing 2 hours a day... I have full grunil duo and duo liverto and secondary weapon ... I dont have more because im lazy and waste.time beeing silly or just fooling around... So i dont get why ppl say you cant make it....

None said you cant make DUO. But that is not really competitive.