• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted

As there has been a trend of creating similar topics regarding a variety of view points on the subject of awakenings we'll be consolidating them into a singular post. This more effectively allows our team to read your thoughts and track users attempting to derail civil discussion with off topic or baiting posts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thought we were suppose to hear about the awakenings with gamescom? Nothing yet?

Posted

Thought we were suppose to hear about the awakenings with gamescom? Nothing yet?

The response explicitly said...

Soon After Gamescon.

Starting to receive affirmation that people really just can't English, prior to people assuming that they were lied to due to posts and videos & the proper usage of public responses from the games authority.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can try awakenings in gamescom, on kakao PC's. The awakenings should be coming august 31 or setember 7

Posted

Soon After Gamescon.

They didn't mention the year tho, could also be gamescom 2022 :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

Just did copy their tweet...

"@Dezel0 They are coming soon, we'll have more info at GamesCom"

So English  should not be a problem. If there has been some other confirmation about how and when they give info about awakenings then that is different  thing.

Posted (edited)

Just did copy their tweet...

"@Dezel0 They are coming soon, we'll have more info at GamesCom"

Edited by Jylin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

aaaa :) so new info. I did go with this one.

Edited by Thozel

Posted (edited)

I believe their panel starts tomorrow(Thursday). Still have my money on August 31st for Awakenings.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted

I believe their panel starts tomorrow(Thursday). Still have my money on August 31st for Awakenings.

Yea, their panel starts 18.08.2016 at around 10-11 CEST

1 person likes this

Posted

Going by their own info, the 18th and 19th of August is the day they would atleast answer questions, and show whats in store for the future of BDO, specifically the 19th for that.

So i'd expect sometime on friday perhaps for some awakening hints.

While next week is a........possibility.....i'm more optimistic within the next couple of weeks for a release to happen, gives me time to get all my characters to 56, altaholics unite!

Posted

But to be honest this is maybe THE time that i am excited. Warrior as my main i have waited and waited. Now...there is small glimpse of hope :D

1 person likes this

Posted

The response explicitly said...

Soon After Gamescon.

Starting to receive affirmation that people really just can't English, prior to people assuming that they were lied to due to posts and videos & the proper usage of public responses from the games authority.

That's when they are coming, not when we we are supposed to hear about it. 

Posted (edited)

well we have a stream from gamescom to look forward to. :-)

Edited by Lobselvith

Posted

Going by their own info, the 18th and 19th of August is the day they would atleast answer questions, and show whats in store for the future of BDO, specifically the 19th for that.

Kamasilvia soon (+ Dark Elf), T9 horses, cooperative professions and high level hunting grounds.

https://youtu.be/LBskpES-zwA?t=2m52s

Assuming its the same informations.

Posted

Posted

my guess is, after all the current events end we'll get awakenings +exp boost probably and some other events?

Posted (edited)

O.o they only mention the Maewha, Ninja, Ranger and Berserker in that trailer.... I hope that's not indicative of how we're getting our awakenings... in batches...

Edited by Rozett

Posted

O.o they only mention the Maewha, Ninja, Ranger and Berserker in that trailer.... I hope that's not indicative of how we're getting our awakenings... in batches...

Most likely no videos for other classes as those are the same videos as from the GamesCom announcement: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/gamescom2016/

In the latter part of the video they also featured every class (except Tamer) and their awakenings, though the scene with the Warrior is kind off a failure as he's using his Sword+Shield skills.

Posted

my guess is they were limited on how long the video could be for gamescom so they only showed those.

Posted (edited)

Are they trolling us with this video? Why would i want 1 min of the old weapons, and then like 20 sec of awakenings (except the warrior fail). The video quality is also more than bad, you cant really see anything, there are too much effects, and the single (important) parts are too short.... If this is the official video to show awakening weapons, whoever is responsible for it should be looking for a new job already.

Edited by Zycrus
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are they trolling us with this video? Why would i want 1 min of the old weapons, and then like 20 sec of awakenings (except the warrior fail). The video quality is also more than bad, you cant really see anything, there are too much effects, and the single (important) parts are too short.... If this is the official video to show awakening weapons, whoever is responsible for it should be looking for a new job already.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Most likely no videos for other classes as those are the same videos as from the GamesCom announcement: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/gamescom2016/

In the latter part of the video they also featured every class (except Tamer) and their awakenings, though the scene with the Warrior is kind off a failure as he's using his Sword+Shield skills.

Well, whatever the reason is, that "trailer" (if you can even call it that) is trash lol.  Why would they make a video to showcase awakening weapons and then spend all the time on regular weapons? ... haha 9_9

Posted (edited)

Well, whatever the reason is, that "trailer" (if you can even call it that) is trash lol.  Why would they make a video to showcase awakening weapons and then spend all the time on regular weapons? ... haha 9_9

The point was obviously to show a comparison, to let people who are unfamiliar see the difference. Regardless though, it's very poorly set-up; they only showed 4 pre-awakening weapons, and they didn't show any specific details of the awakening weapons either. They should've done a shorter showcase of every class' non-awakened weapon (though they could group the male-female variants together, so Musa/Maehwa, Ninja/Kunoichi), and then done the same for every awakening, rather than a bunch of unclear and disconnected clips that people are supposed to infer information from.

Edited by Zephan

Posted (edited)

Uhhh.... a marketing video to attract new players to the game??

Edited by 50West