• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted

release all available awakenings at once please.

Posted

No one cared, when warriors got gimped and we stayed gimped for 4 months. But now that we will be oped... now everybody cares.

I thought it was a shame that they balanced the game around awakenings we didn't have. Including the situation with warrior.

Does this mean I can have my awakening too? I'm very nice. :x 

Posted

This makes me want to quit more then any of the p2w crap. I've been waiting forever, now your telling me I have to get my ass beat if I try to play the game by awakened classes while I wait 2 months for my tamer awakening? 

1 person likes this

Posted

bi·week·ly
bīˈwēklē/
adjective & adverb

1. 1.
    appearing or taking place every two weeks or twice a week.
    "a biweekly bulletin"

It was a rhetorical question. I guess we can blame the Brits for that confusion too.

Posted

"No tricks, no traps."

Oh sorry, wrong company's CM quote there... Or is it?

Posted (edited)

I do. Warriors are on equal footing in terms of tanking as Zerkers, if not a slight advantage because they have a block which gives them 360 immunity to cc besides grapples. Zerkers do tons more damage in and out of their combos, though. So yeah. Do you even play the game? 

Pre zerk HP buff, zerks and warrior were equal on survivability. The only time were immune to cc is when blocking which breaks in 3 secs or less. After that, we dot have any other skills that give us cc immunity unlike zerks. Once were down on the ground, we melt like butter. Even valks are tankier than warrior. Same block + heal. Would you really pick a warrior over a zerk or valk in siege? like really?

Edited by `Onzlaught

Posted

I guess we can blame Kakao for that confusion too.

Fixed!

More riots! More awakenings! 

Posted

I saw one quote that says they INTEND.  Where are the other quotes that say it will happen the way you describe?  Things change in the world and games.  I realize that when you make french fries at McDonalds that is all you do, but for most people with other jobs stuff changes on a daily, hourly, weekly basis.

Feel free to show where they repeatedly said this.

When will all the quitters start another stupid protest threatening to quit?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I thought school started back in most places. Good God this is one frustrated pre-teen.

Posted

Even this accelerated release is few months late... But ----- yeah! Finally warrior will be playable...

Posted

"No tricks, no traps."

Oh sorry, wrong company's CM quote there... Or is it?

Posted

it's only a matter of short time ... i'll not follow you that time guys.

Posted

I always thought we are talking about BDO ... i guess you are playing a different game ... cause a Tank that has almost the same Defense as the DPS ... is what BDO has ... so if you think Warriors and Valks are tanks just for having a shield ... then i think you are playing WoW or some other game and not BDO ...

Pretty much, there are no tanks i bdo. And now with +20 dp means nothing. So warriors were left with low dps and no defense.

Posted

This makes me want to quit more then any of the p2w crap. I've been waiting forever, now your telling me I have to get my ass beat if I try to play the game by awakened classes while I wait 2 months for my tamer awakening? 

At least you get one.  Wizards and Witches are when again? 

It is the brain's compulsion to fill in information gaps with the best assumptions that can be made with the information it already has. If he is not trolling, his behavior and choice of insults can imply many things, the most likely of which is that he is angry. As we have no true way of knowing this on a text forums, all we can do is choose the "best" assumption. In this case, the one that makes us feel good, superior, correct, etc etc. Because there is no reason not to.

Still waiting for you to prove that they said this many times.  Please show us.  Since you can't you have chosen to attack me.  No biggie. You made the claim they said it many times.  Please prove your point. 

Posted (edited)

It is the brain's compulsion to fill in information gaps with the best assumptions that can be made with the information it already has. If he is not trolling, his behavior and choice of insults can imply many things, the most likely of which is that he mad.

Typically when someone resorts to insults to attempt to prove a point it's an indication of low intelligence.

Nothing about what I said would indicate anything about what I do for a living.

I'm fully aware of the exact wording they used and that things change... follow the thread of conversation and you'll find it goes back to someone saying they're not sure why people would expect the release to be any different and I was saying because Daum told us as much.

The quitter name callers are out in droves again.  Making up new bullshit that was never said.  Just go protest again and quit this time please.

You came at me with some line about how I work at a fast food store and I'm the name caller? Hypocrite much?

Do quote me on where I ever once said I am quitting.

Like I said, thanks for proving me wrong about the intelligence level of people around here. Get sterilized before you further pollute the gene pool please.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

Do you guys realize that plans can change?

They didn't promise anything. They said they "intend" to do this and that, not that it will happen for sure.

We've been receiving game balance changes based on classes having awakenings. Most of the class balance nerfs have been BECAUSE of awakenings. Now they are going to string out those awakenings, after all the talk and lip service that they were specifically releasing them all at once for the PvP integrity of the game. Based on their own statements by stringing out the awakenings they have all but said they are intentionally going to F-up the PvP integrity of the game.

Daum / Kakao want to destroy the PvP integrity of their own game.

It's BS.

Posted

well, an adult that arrive and insult a kid, thanks mister adult !!

i have 218 dp and still some warrior are doing pretty insane damage versus that, so yeah , warrior is not the worst class at all. 

218 DP is +15 gear.. :D Ofc people with TRI weapon can burst you... Play vs equally geared warr and you can almost out-pot his dmg...

Posted

I found a leaked test shot of wizard using awakening

26129978-A-man-using-his-tennis-racquet-

Posted

I saw one quote that says they INTEND.  Where are the other quotes that say it will happen the way you describe?  Things change in the world and games.  I realize that when you make french fries at McDonalds that is all you do, but for most people with other jobs stuff changes on a daily, hourly, weekly basis.

Feel free to show where they repeatedly said this.

Ok so why don't we take a moment to think for a second. When one says they intend to do something a normal person takes this to mean that there will be some effort made to complete such an intention.  If the intention is not fulfilled then usually the person who made the original claim would give a reason as to why they did not complete their original intention. Don't you think it would be fair if Cuck$cow games gave us a reason for the change from what we were lead to believe?

I mean, they could just say that they ran into issues and don't want to give us buggy awakenings and they can only perfect one at a time. If they said that, no reasonable people could really be angry with them. (frustrated and disappointed maybe but not angry) However Cuck$cow games does not give such a statement or at least there is no evidence I have found so far for one. (Just like the Pay2win... they could have told us exactly what they were implementing and half the outrage would have been gone...)

So yes, things change, but is it unreasonable to ask that company gives a reason as to why they changed?

Posted

Yes but there was such an outcry for awakenings to be released that they are doing it this way.  Perhaps this is the fastest way to get them out on live servers.

Maybe..  as usually, we will never know :)

Posted

You came at me with some line about how I work at a fast food store and I'm the hypocrite?
Do quote me on where I ever once said I am quitting.

Like I said, thanks for proving me wrong about the intelligence level of people around here. Get sterilized before you further pollute the gene pool please.

Not even worth it man. He doesn't get it. Just some angry kid flaming away in class hoping the teacher doesn't take his phone away again.

Posted

Still waiting for you to prove that they said this many times.  Please show us.  Since you can't you have chosen to attack me.  No biggie. You made the claim they said it many times.  Please prove your point. 

Yes but prior to this a few patches ago they gave witches and wizards buffs to help them fight awakened players, other classes will not be buffed to compensate no awakenings to be able to fight awakened classes. 

Posted

Because it shows that 

1) People at our end have little to no control over the game, both players and staff

and that

2) People are just super fed up at this point. "Things they never said" isn't applicable here because we got multiple answers from multiple people saying they wanted to released everything at once sometime in july/august. While "want" and "what will happen" isn't the same, doing the exact opposite of what you claimed should happen multiple times does not bode well with people and the community was super tense as is because of recent p2w BS. 

1) Well that was obvious from the first month of release when they still have yet to hit one of their timelines they have set.  The faster people realize Daum/Kakao have no control over the game, and receive and publish the content Pearl gives to them the better off this forum will be.

2) People are fed up, and understandably so.  However, that doesn't give them the right to spread mis-information and claim words were said they never were.  People will always read and hear what they want, irrespective of what was said, but they then can't go back and blame Daum/Kakao for their inability to read.

Posted (edited)

CM_Tytyes May 23rd: http://2p.com/42629536_1/Black-Desert-Online-All-Awakenings-Will-Be-Released-at-Once-But-Not-That-Soon-by-cindyhio.htm

"To shed some light about the situation and the spam around it. Few weeks ago we said that we wanted to release all the awakenings all at once. That is still our plans so far. There are no silence around this, mostly maybe a "let's not repeat ourselves everytime someone new ask for it". Now, this is mostly due to the fact that releasing only a part of it might create some unbalance in the actual PvP system. Your concerns are based on the PvE yes, but that doesn't mean PvP will not be impacted by it. "

The big point here on WHY they wanted to release awakenings at the same time is that awakenings are balanced to fight awakenings.  If they are going to release them in one and two here and there "not sure when" etc... its going to be an absolute nightmare playing this game for the next 10 weeks UP TO 6 MONTHS.

What's worse is that Russia is getting awakenings faster than we are and are getting 4 awakenings at once.

To me this is clearly all about enticing people to reroll the classes that HAVE awakenings in order to sell more costumes.  Its just a cash grab, seriously.

Edited by Proto
3 people like this

Posted

You do understand you're arguing with someone who basically asserts if you don't think like he does you're a part time minimum wage worker with no concept of how the world works right?

Posted

top-hometheater-projector.thumb.jpg.4480