• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings All,

Many of you have kindly reached out to me regarding this article and I will go ahead and confirm this information to be accurate, our current release schedule is oriented to deliver the warrior awakening on August 31st, 2016. This will be coupled along with the release of Valencia Part 2, and an accelerated release schedule for other class awakenings in comparison to Korea's schedule.

We'll be releasing an announcement detailing additional information regarding these topics at a later date, please bear in mind this information is still in a very tentative state and may be subject to change. Thanks guys and have a fantastic weekend!

Thank you for confirming so quickly. In my opinion: the valencian region is hardly touched, largely because it's inefficient due to no awakening. Releasing more content in a place no-one really wants to go over prioritizing awakening weapons sounds like a mistake. Honestly, it's great for warriors, since they really do need their awakening. For classes like the Musa though, this is very discouraging, as they're in a very very weak state at the moment. Worst case scenario, if that time line is correct, they may not see their awakening till next year. Same for lots of others.

As you said though, the information is tentative, so there is a ray of hope. Plans have time to change. While I have no say in what the company does, I urge you to push awakenings before anything else. 

Thank you for reading.

Posted (edited)

Inb4 plunge agrees with Kakao and writes a mile long post about how we should all kill ourselves.

Edited by Glacial

Posted

As the connection between community and manangment, it was always the job to show presence and show that at least someone gives a flyingduck to the community. You wouldnt need to respond to every post, but major ones that were the main part the forum community took interest in order to ease players. I dont know the situation you had, but it seems your team was able to show great presence through out long time which gave players such confident, unlike the current example of the staff in kakao EU. They dont seem to treat their playerbase with care like you're describing from your team, especially when they know the feedback and status of the community. Ignoring completely doesnt normally help.

Not sure at all why i wrote it, but ye thats how it used to be when i did that.

They got the memo. We made the changes we felt made sense.
They got the info as to whether or not we made the changes in patch notes.

They did not need to know what all was going on in ops. Nope.
None y'all business.

But again, that was us.
Again, we don't know if they are ignoring.

PS. If we stated something already, we never restated it ourselves. We had users that did that for us(happens here too).
Idk what you guys think CM's / PM's, etc have to do, but there is a lot of work that goes on in a day to day workflow. But again, I can't speak for Kakao US/EU. I don't work for them.

Posted

Should see the first Awakening around December 2017 with one to follow every 3 months after that. I have no official source for this info and indeed just pulled it out of my ass to troll. So basically, it has as much credibility as any official statement from Kakao. :D

Posted

Goal for all of you awakened warriors, use your OPedness for good, and kill every -----ing ninja you see! :P

Posted (edited)

[Deleted]  They "intend" and "try" to do things...they didn't "promise" anything...

[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Edited by p0hil
[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Posted

I can't actually remember the last smart move they made...

Selling the game as B2P, easy.

Posted

Well one thing we can take away from this is that they are really bad at succeeding in anything they "try" or "intend" to deliver.

Posted (edited)

Nope

Lemme guess, you're a warrior with 150/160 ap who's complaining that he/she can't kill people with 250+ dp right? It's not a class issue, it's a gear issue. Any top tier warrior with 190+ ap is an absolute animal. 

Also, no offense to the XenofOnslaught guy, but as a ranger at a node war recently, I went 1v10 against his guild multiple times and won *picture below*. So excuse me if I just disregard anything he has to say. His guild is terribly under geared and has 0 skill. Which, sadly, I feel like is the case with most people who then cry on the forums about "OP RANGERS!". 

7506992253bef20ad2406195ef314e7a.png

nope, I am a witch with no warrior friends. It amazes me that this community just cries 

Anyone who says rangers suck do not know how to play their class.

Edited by Retta

Posted

PS. If we stated something already, we never restated it ourselves. We had users that did that for us(happens here too).
Idk what you guys think CM's / PM's, etc have to do, but there is a lot of work that goes on in a day to day workflow. But again, I can't speak for Kakao US/EU. I don't work for them.

Yes, I agree they probably have too much stuff to do (I remember Jouska said he also does QA tests and hunts in game bots/hackers) but to think they dont even make their official announcement and give it to a third site before 100% confirming (.i.e CM's message stated it can change) is pretty lame from them and not the first time. Also weird how they gave the information to the third site but stating that it can change in a moment notice. Bad wording on their side or website side?

Sorry, I started the discussion just to see your side a bit. Was lovely to hear it ^^

Posted

In any case, at least we know when the awakenings are coming and that we're getting them quite soon.

Posted

Possible, but we don't know. I don't know.

Agreed and agreed, to an extent.

Depends on the customer.
I never gave myself a second of the time of the day for the impatient ones. Just me I suppose.
I got my spankings as a child.

A lot can happen when you receive your patch that is supposed to work from another country and <shit-----whatthehellomgnoootechnorogiyplsnoplsomfgwhat>??????????????????????????????????????? etc. 

But I'm not against what you're saying, but I don't know their situation with PA / Kakao KR.
None of us do.
Only they do.

This means we don't even know why we're upset with them, or whether or not we're even upset with them.

This is why I "White knight", as people say. Which makes no sense- again. I'm black.
It doesn't make logical sense, the majority of what is said on these forums.

"White Knight" is a term for people who are unable to wrap their head around the logic someone uses to make their assertions. Pretty much any time someone tries to boil someone down to a label it's really an attempt to dehumanize them and discredit what they have to say... unless what they said was really dumb but that's something else...

I'm not even talking about patching etc etc... if a 3rd party gets wind of it how do they not also know about it? And if dual shockers can get information out hours before the company themselves can it's time to examine the structure of your PR department.

I'm less talking about addressing individual customers and more talking about significant changes across the game. A customer demanding to know x fact about the game is a bit different than letting your client know maint wont happen in a given time frame; If decisions of that magnitude are left hanging till the very last moment that's an even bigger problem than the points I am expressing concerns on but I also would shift the focus on that critique to PA / Kakao proper (not EU) for putting our publisher in such a shitty spot.

I'm not even 100% sure "upset" is the correct term... more like... expecting more? Disappointed maybe? I'm not mad or anything.

Posted

I've spent a few hundred dollars in this game already. I even spent money after P2W...

..Not another cent. I have to wait weeks after other people to get my awakening as a Valk? Why? PvE will get imbalanced. PvP will be imbalanced. This is exactly the OPPOSITE of what they said they would do just a few months ago.

Are they just trying to piss everyone off and lose all trust in *ANYTHING* they promise? 

Posted

Looks like we got daumboozled once again, awakening are going to be released 1 by 1 starting with warrior aug 31st. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/19/black-desert-onlines-first-awakening-and-valencia-expansion-part-2-planned-for-the-end-of-august/

Confirmation for any nonbelievers out there. 

Yet another lie from Daum. 
@CM_Aethon should be embarrassed. After so much promise around not imbalancing pvp and pve, they have chosen just do just that. GG If you are the classes left out in the rain that will wait months later while Sorcs, Warriors and Zerks wreck your faces in imbalanced GvG and you watch as you never get top loot anymore in field bosses.  

Posted

what the ----- ....

we need everyone to tag cm tyetyes. these people are actually retarded. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For point of reference as a Sorc I will benefit from this announcement. I still think this is stupid as hell and would gladly see it all delayed a month or more to simul-launch the awakenings (as we were told).

the balence issues will be real, and I'm already pissed off about sorc over nerfing... I can only imagine what kinda goofy nerf theyll cook up for sorc that they'll never fix because we're killing non awakened classes too easily (because we will) but they'll screw us up (again) with awakening / non awakened balance adjustments and never revert them after all of them are out.

/calling my shot

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

Greetings All,

Many of you have kindly reached out to me regarding this article and I will go ahead and confirm this information to be accurate, our current release schedule is oriented to deliver the warrior awakening on August 31st, 2016. This will be coupled along with the release of Valencia Part 2, and an accelerated release schedule for other class awakenings in comparison to Korea's schedule.

We'll be releasing an announcement detailing additional information regarding these topics at a later date, please bear in mind this information is still in a very tentative state and may be subject to change. Thanks guys and have a fantastic weekend!

"I'm an experienced KR player"

Yeah... right.

Posted

witch / wizard ...Jan 19th 2017

Posted

Greetings All,

dafuq br0 ?

Posted

Kakao keeps shooting themselves in bleeding customers for short term cashgrab.

yeah, thoses guys are true greedy idiot. ( unless they plan on giving up on the game in somes months )

Posted

Bi-weekly implies one every 2 weeks. It's going to take AGES.

I keep seeing people say this...

Bi-weekly means either twice a week or once every two weeks.  As it stands we have no idea what they meant since it hasn't actually been clarified.

Posted

Copied from the forums from user Nimalla:

If they do it weekly then:

• Warrior - Aug. 31st
  • Sorceress - Sept. 7th
  • Beserker - Sept. 14th
  • Ranger - Sept. 21st
  • Tamer - Sept. 28th
  • Valkyrie - Oct. 5th
  • Musa - Oct. 12th
  • Maehwa - Oct. 19th
  • Ninja - Oct. 26th
  • Kunoichi - Nov. 2nd
  • Witch - Nov. 9th
  • Wizard - Nov. 16th

If they do it bi-weekly then:

• Warrior - Aug. 31st
  • Sorceress - Sept. 14th
  • Beserker - Sept. 28th
  • Ranger -Oct. 12th
  • Tamer -Oct. 26th
  • Valkyrie - Nov. 9th
  • Musa - Nov. 23rd
  • Maehwa - Dec. 7th
  • Ninja - Dec. 21st
  • Kunoichi - Jan 4th
  • Witch - Jan 18th
  • Wizard - Feb 1st

OP: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/109361-it-could-be-2017-before-all-awakenings-are-out/&do=findComment&comment=1487831

Posted

Speak the TRUTH. It's about time someone says it.

Posted

I keep seeing people say this...

Bi-weekly means either twice a week or once every two weeks.  As it stands we have no idea what they meant since it hasn't actually been clarified.

its easy just pick the one that is worse gonna fit perfectly with kakao and PA

1 person likes this

Posted

Can we stop all the thread about this being the final straw and you're going to quit AGAIN... its counter productive and obviously doesn't influence their decision making process. Act like a grown adult ffs.