• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted

As someone who works in software professionally, I can say with certainty that delays and miscommunication happen regardless of how prepared the developers think they are. This is likely exasperated by potential miscommunication between the development team in Korea and the localization team in the EU and NA. 

However, they've not asked for extra money for this content, it will be patched in for free, unlike other games that would release this as an adventure pack or ask you to pay for it if you are not there and online at release (ie guild wars 2 and dungeons and dragons online).

Albeit it will not release exactly the way we expected and it likely could have been relayed to us, the players, in a better manner when the hammer came down from Pearl Abyss.The important thing to remember is that the reason for the delay is that the developer delayed and is staggering the releases for a reason. it's not something they just decided on a whim just to spite us. There is likely a development complication that requires more of their attention for localizing the content. I don't know about you guys, but to be honest I'd rather have the content staggered than have buggy releases.

OMG, an actual intelligent post.  Bravo.

Posted

The sort of rage, burnout and woe Korean mmo inflict on their playerbase is always amazing. These people are pro at grieving.

Posted

It really makes no sense to release awakenings 1 by one. Every class should have awakenings at same time If anyone wants any sort of "balance". Heck, they don't even have wizard awakenings yet. That's gonna be a horrible experience at siege or any type of PvP against an awakening character.

Don't worry bro you can buy a warrior account.

Posted

Not even surprised.

Posted (edited)

Real warriors use these.

Edited by Beeso

Posted

So you have all, but spend your weekends in BDO :) Life is people above all else.

I do some work now, the forum is some kind of distraction, that helps me to concentrate :)

Yes, I 'spend my weekends in BDO' because I enjoy gaming....because I'm a gamer. If you want to judge someone for playing video games, instead of watching TV or whatnot, then please do us a favour and delete your BDO account and forum account because you're among the wrong crowd. :)  Have fun with your homework dear, hope you make it into your GCSE's. :)

Posted

My guess would be their QA staff needs that long to sort of give a pass on each build. They've (excluding some weeks) being doing major/minor alternating patches every bi-week.

Which begs the question, why is the QA sitting on awakening patch builds? They've been in the game for months, with the exception of lock out flags. Perhaps they haven't been QA much at all and push work they've could of done today for tomorrow. And there's RU, which has 4 awakening classes already QA and released. Our version an RU version are almost exactly the same now except for a few lock outs and trivial changes.

ROFL you think they have a QA staff? xD you must have never played this game

Posted

Yes, I 'spend my weekends in BDO' because I enjoy gaming....because I'm a gamer. If you want to judge someone for playing video games, instead of watching TV or whatnot, then please do us a favour and delete your BDO account and forum account because you're among the wrong crowd. :)  Have fun with your homework dear, hope you make it into your GCSE's. :)

I play BDO too, just to play a game, and to waste your life into a game are two different things.

I work for one of the leading companies in EU. And as I play at a very healthy way, I see no reason to delete my account ;)

Posted (edited)

Ok, apparently it is to be like the KR Awakening release pattern only more aggressive... Which to me means it'll be one day earlier per class :P

But what do I care? I only play Warrior, yippee! *slight sarcasm there.

Edited by Nimander
addition

Posted

Uninstall if ur not a warrior

Posted

plz make zerks second on your shit list

Posted

Soo... the white knighting has gone to the length of written English as defense clause now.

Which means either the publisher is under qualified as communicator, which is necessary skill, or the publisher is under qualified as an logistical deliverer, which is also again a necessary skill.

No matter how you circle it, the publisher is under qualified to do it's job properly, and should be axed. Not sure there's a defense that isn't scathing, but it's been like that day 1, and only cemented it's lack of professionalism. Some can say it only got worse.

Posted

ROFL you think they have a QA staff? xD you must have never played this game

Everyone has a QA staff, even a dog trying to play the piano level, but that's digressing.

Posted

The sort of rage, burnout and woe Korean mmo inflict on their playerbase is always amazing. These people are pro at grieving.

Many players don't ever put their money where their mouth is, the rest either don't care, get suckered, or will happily "Pay first, have fun later", the cycle perpetuates itself.

Posted

No matter how you circle it, the publisher is under qualified to do it's job properly, and should be axed. Not sure there's a defense that isn't scathing, but it's been like that day 1, and only cemented it's lack of professionalism. Some can say it only got worse.

Lol, what?

Posted (edited)

Yet another fail. If money is so important to this company they need to fire the people in charge of relaying this kind of information to the player base and stop paying their salary/salaries. After the lovely conversation with the player base over the Pearl Shop changes (spoiler alert, that's sarcasm... threw the grenade of an announcement in the room and hurriedly shut the door for a week with little to no word or response), and now hearing this news from a third party site instead of Pearl/Kuckao/Daum themselves....

/tableflip.

How about giving Ninja and Kunoichi the pre-awakening changes that were left out of their release for the NA version and you delayed the class release for now? Haha, I know right....'good one'.

Steaming horsecrap.

Edited by sixsevenfour

Posted

Didn't they postpone awakening originally because they wanted to release them all at once?

Yup lol........

Posted

I don't really care about awakenings, but can someone explain to me how they've lied this time or why there's an issue? They said we'd be getting Awakenings and we are. 

Posted

So one of the more overpowered classes is gonna get even more op

oh joyous hour! 

Warriors refused to learn their class for over half a year and now they're finally going to get their so-desired greatswords and hope that it's broken and straightforward enough to carry them through their genetical inferiority.

tfw i haven't met a single warrior on Jordine that knows what all his skills do and that even understands how defense and offense in the game work yet thousands upon thousands of them are not shy enough to voice their incompetent opinion on the forums  

Posted (edited)

Greetings All,

Many of you have kindly reached out to me regarding this article and I will go ahead and confirm this information to be accurate, our current release schedule is oriented to deliver the warrior awakening on August 31st, 2016. This will be coupled along with the release of Valencia Part 2, and an accelerated release schedule for other class awakenings in comparison to Korea's schedule.

We'll be releasing an announcement detailing additional information regarding these topics at a later date, please bear in mind this information is still in a very tentative state and may be subject to change. Thanks guys and have a fantastic weekend!

Your marketing strategy is on point, Paris game show, gamescon and fairly lax on your refund policy. 

But damn, your update timeline as a company is stupid even some of the decisions you make. They make no sense whatsoever. If any other game developer tried this they'd get lynched by their fan base.

The developer and publishers need to get their hands out of their ass and come here and understand that some people paid £90 euros for this game. For it turn out exactly like the free to play version but updates behind.

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

Soo... the white knighting has gone to the length of written English as defense clause now.

Which means either the publisher is under qualified as communicator, which is necessary skill, or the publisher is under qualified as an logistical deliverer, which is also again a necessary skill.

Of course everyone of you would do that job way better. Giving every little detail about anything that happens behind the scenes even if you are not allowed to.

You are standing in the front of a 3meter height wall. You can only see the wall you can't see what going on behind the wall... thats the best way to describe your point of views.

Posted

If you do not pay to gold sellers, you need a doctor. The amount of time wasted for this is insane.

Not really lol, the 7 days bonus xp + week-end and i did a my kunoichi in 2 days casually

1 person likes this

Posted

Come on it's ONE WEEK. Warrior has been at the bottom since release. How long BDO has been out?

And here's me... Not even realizing I've been playing the bottom of the barrel class since launch. Lol, can't believe I didn't notice that. Guess gathering flowers and fishing I just never noticed :P

Posted

We will release val part 2 and then all the current awakenings at the same time.

Fast forward 1-2 months warrior awakening on the 31st, and "accelerated" schedule for the rest one by one.

What a load of shit.  Everyone here knows the real reason why.  Greedy ass  cash grab  company.  Nothing more nothing less.

Im done I dont care anymore.  I care enough to make this post about how kakao is a shitter company thats about it.

Having an intention is not the same thing as "promising" something. They had the intention to release all at once. The NEVER!!!! Promised anything ... Retard

Posted

Not really lol, the 7 days bonus xp + week-end and i did a my kunoichi in 2 days casually

Yeah, it is possible, if you waste the weekends and play casually the other days.