• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Your attempted trolling is actually adorable.  You're opinions of me 'wasting my life into a game' is actually quite hilarious when I have lived a very full and perfect life, yet choose to spend my downtime playing a game I love. 

Have fun thinking up your next hateful comment to some random person who posts their in-game achievements on the forums :)

Why you call every opinion controversial to yours trolling. I mean not only you, but many people in these forums. Are we some brainwashed sect that should be agree for everything? Of course you are wasting your time, games are made to waste time. The problem is when you waste your life. But if you have it, it is your own problem, not mine.

And I do not play for achievements, I play for fun. I have only one warrior level 56, with pri gear.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Maybe you can buy a Warrior account since you like to P2W. I heard BDO Hero is selling his.

How do you know I am not a warrior? Stalker?

Posted

i honestly feel like Plunge is in love with the game...like, he doesnt like it, he loves it...the way you love your new girlfriend and only see the positive things  about it. But, eventually even he might wake up and see the flaws. Depending on his intelligence, this might take more or less time, we will see.

You wake up and then? Leave? Well, I guess true love is a forgotten term nowadays...

Posted

As I said, completely adorable. :)

"If you do not pay to gold sellers, you need a doctor." Is not an opinion controversial to mine, that's just flat out forum hate-insults. Go back under your bridge little troll, I bid goodnight to you sir. ;)

Posted

Greetings All,

Many of you have kindly reached out to me regarding this article and I will go ahead and confirm this information to be accurate, our current release schedule is oriented to deliver the warrior awakening on August 31st, 2016. This will be coupled along with the release of Valencia Part 2, and an accelerated release schedule for other class awakenings in comparison to Korea's schedule.

We'll be releasing an announcement detailing additional information regarding these topics at a later date, please bear in mind this information is still in a very tentative state and may be subject to change. Thanks guys and have a fantastic weekend!

Is it safe to assume that the next time something important to the game, such as the awakened weapons release, if you guys say it will be released differently that we should expect the opposite of that?

Is that actually safe to assume now? Because this post basically says that "we've been daumboozled once again" is accurate information.

Posted

When will Valk get their awakening?

Posted (edited)

Ignoring the fact that you're pretending to speak for everyone and see the future, aren't you people rather tired of crying and making assumptions BEFORE the patch hits?

"DYES WILL BE 35 MILLION ON RELEASE!" - Well, they're still at 5 million.

"COSTUMES WILL COST 100 MILLION ON RELEASE" - Well, they're still at 20 million.

Why not be lucky the third time and wait for the patch to actually hit with an official announcement before screaming at the top of your lungs? :) 

Umm, I never said either of those two statements and they HAVE told us this time exactly what they are doing. Either weekly or biweekly is unacceptable, especially given what they first told us. The only way to prevent that is to tell them its unacceptable and they will lose players. Thats how capitalism works.

So don't put words in my mouth and lump what I am saying with what other players said about p2w. All you do is fanboy the forums, people have a legitimate reason to be upset here.

Edited by Huntler

Posted

It didnt cost anything in all other regions, besides that all other regions were f2p from the beginning.

This is true, but other regions also make extensive use of their cash shops. Much more so than ours. In situations like this when they're adding this much content; they could opt to charge for it as an expansion. Much in the way that guild wars 2, another buy to play game with a cash shop, has charged for their expansions which included their class 'ascension' additions. 

This is beside the point however. The point is that delays happen during software development and are always a good thing in the long run. Would you have them stay true to their previous statement, include everything all at once, and have it be broken? 
The likely result of that is that everyone would take to the forums, the same as they are now and complain about it being broken.
Software development is actually very difficult, they can't just port it over to our region with a copy/paste operation, it doesn't work that way. 

Posted

When will Valk get their awakening?

After Warrior, Ranger, Sorcerer, Berserker, and Tamer.

I.e. 6-12 weeks after the Warrior one, most likely closer to 12 than to 6.

Posted

Is it safe to assume that the next time something important to the game, such as the awakened weapons release, if you guys say it will be released differently that we should expect the opposite of that?

Is that actually safe to assume now? Because this post basically says that "we've been daumboozled once again" is accurate information.

They never, not once, said they were going to release all awakenings at once. They explicitly said it was their plan to.

What your post basically says is that "I want to be as willfully ignorant and ----- about literally the smallest thing" is accurate information.

plan
plan/
noun

1. 1.
    a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.
    "the UN peace plan"
    •  

2. 2.
    an intention or decision about what one is going to do.
    "I have no plans to retire"
    synonyms:intentionaimideaintentobjectiveobjectgoaltargetambition
    "her plan was to win a medal"

Posted

Seriously who the ----- is making these dumb decisions jesus christ, theres something seriously wrong going on at PA at the moment

Posted

THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE WARRIOR HAS ARRIVED

Everyone be ready to be -----ed by the strongest awakening class while we non-awakening classes can do nothing about it but prepare our butts

Except their not. Played in KR and this is really kind of a western mis understanding. In KR Warriors were the first awakening and the damage difference was amazing, they pawned non awakening classes and the idea of them being gods kind of stuck. Go into KR today and GvG and 1v1 warriors--are they good? Yes. But so are most awakening classes. Valk Lancia wrecks Warriors in a 1v1 and is more useful in GvG. That isn't to say warriors arnt amazing, but with the exception of certain classes (maehwa and ninja really) most classes are stupidly OP and pretty similar to one another. Warriors can definiately beat a lot of classes in a 1v1 if that is your measure of being gods, but in GvG, awakened Giants, awakened Valks and even non awakened Wizards still are more useful. 

Posted

You even defined it.

Their PLAN was to do it and until their 3rd party announcement that was the plan we knew they were going through with.

Posted (edited)

As someone who works in software professionally, I can say with certainty that delays and miscommunication happen regardless of how prepared the developers think they are. This is likely exasperated by potential miscommunication between the development team in Korea and the localization team in the EU and NA. 

However, they've not asked for extra money for this content, it will be patched in for free, unlike other games that would release this as an adventure pack or ask you to pay for it if you are not there and online at release (ie guild wars 2 and dungeons and dragons online).

Albeit it will not release exactly the way we expected and it likely could have been relayed to us, the players, in a better manner when the hammer came down from Pearl Abyss.The important thing to remember is that the reason for the delay is that the developer delayed and is staggering the releases for a reason. it's not something they just decided on a whim just to spite us. There is likely a development complication that requires more of their attention for localizing the content. I don't know about you guys, but to be honest I'd rather have the content staggered than have buggy releases.

Then they should stick to their original release plan and actually release all the awakenings together. We're already way behind on getting awakenings anyways. Also the original reason they said they're going to do them all together is so there wouldn't be any balance issues. So I guess they've decided balance isn't important anymore...

Edit: Also all the awakenings are out and playable at Gamescon in English. So yeah I don't see this as a programming/development issue.

Edited by DrBoo

Posted

Hopefully they nerf warriors before the release this since warrior is already ezmode #commencetrigger

We already got all the nerfs months ago... Hence why abrely anyone is playing warr and most guilds even dont want them as members...

Well.. Didint want them... It will soon change...

Posted (edited)

You even defined it.

Their PLAN was to do it and until their 3rd party announcement that was the plan we knew they were going through with.

And they changed their plan. We have been notified of a change in their original plans before the actual implementation of either. Even these current plans are, you guessed it, subject to change.

No one is entitled to have up to the minute updates about what they plan to do, and what will actually happen.

Jesus christ.

Edited by triggered

Posted (edited)

Only one word for Kakao/Daum/PerlAbyss: Liers!

It is so sad that i spent a few euros in your game. Sure i never going to spend anymore and i wish noone trust you again and dont waste their money.

Only an insane mind cant imagine all the imbalance and chaos that this system will create.

Edited by Wendiga
1 person likes this

Posted

they should stop telling people about their plans then cause all it gets them is annoyed players, silence and surprises on patch days would be better than saying we have a plan, then never implementing any plan as it was told to the community

Posted

And they changed their plan. We have been notified of a change in their original plans before the actual implementation of either. Even these current plans are, you guessed it, subject to change.
No one is entitled to have up to the minute updates about what they plan to do, and what will actually happen.

Jesus christ.

By your very own definition, a plan is a commitment.

Try pulling the stunt Kakao just did at work some day, commit to a plan and then on the brink of your deadline, tell your boss that your plan has changed, you never committed to it cause it was just a plan and we're now "doing it this way instead".

Posted (edited)

Copied from the forums from user Nimalla:

If they do it weekly then:

• Warrior - Aug. 31st
  • Sorceress - Sept. 7th
  • Beserker - Sept. 14th
  • Ranger - Sept. 21st
  • Tamer - Sept. 28th
  • Valkyrie - Oct. 5th
  • Musa - Oct. 12th
  • Maehwa - Oct. 19th
  • Ninja - Oct. 26th
  • Kunoichi - Nov. 2nd
  • Witch - Nov. 9th
  • Wizard - Nov. 16th

If they do it bi-weekly then:

• Warrior - Aug. 31st
  • Sorceress - Sept. 14th
  • Beserker - Sept. 28th
  • Ranger -Oct. 12th
  • Tamer -Oct. 26th
  • Valkyrie - Nov. 9th
  • Musa - Nov. 23rd
  • Maehwa - Dec. 7th
  • Ninja - Dec. 21st
  • Kunoichi - Jan 4th
  • Witch - Jan 18th
  • Wizard - Feb 1st

OP: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/109361-it-could-be-2017-before-all-awakenings-are-out/&do=findComment&comment=1487831

that's horrible ¬¬

praise the pvp balance. Oh wait.... that game never had pvp balance.

Edited by woots

Posted

i honestly feel like Plunge is in love with the game...like, he doesnt like it, he loves it...the way you love your new girlfriend and only see the positive things  about it. But, eventually even he might wake up and see the flaws. Depending on his intelligence, this might take more or less time, we will see.

I really think they are paid to white knight, but it could be for the love of the game. Either way its worth it to put them on ignore.

Posted

they should stop telling people about their plans then cause all it gets them is annoyed players, silence and surprises on patch days would be better than saying we have a plan, then never implementing any plan as it was told to the community

If they stayed silent, all of these mouth breathers currently -----ing about this would still be here bleeding from their back pussies about how Daum/Kakao isn't engaged enough with the player base. Probably crying even louder actually.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There is no winning with these beta cuck neckbeards.

Posted

Hopefully they nerf warriors before the release this since warrior is already ezmode #commencetrigger

I dont wanna insult you. 

Posted (edited)

By your very own definition, a plan is a commitment.

Try pulling the stunt Kakao just did at work some day, commit to a plan and then on the brink of your deadline, tell your boss that your plan has changed, you never committed to it cause it was just a plan and we're now "doing it this way instead".

Except that it's not. Your english comprehension is terrible or you're being intentionally dishonest trying to twist a definition to suite your opinion, when clearly it doesn't in any reality.

Edited by triggered

Posted

OMFG YEAH WARRIOR AWAKENING THEN OF WAITING SO MUCH IDC ABOUT U ALL CLASSES WE GOT FUKED ALL OVER THIS TIME