• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Removed comment

Edited by ronniejw
Misunderstood post that I quoted.

Posted

Cash grab. New awakenjng per class each week= people wanna switch that class for flavor of the week and buy those outfits. Nothing more. This game has become a cash grab fest. What release in kr is what we will get in Na/Europe despite what is being said about our version.  So much for making Na experience our version lol. Cm jouska where you at dawg

To sell more costumes.

Posted

Greetings All,

Many of you have kindly reached out to me regarding this article and I will go ahead and confirm this information to be accurate, our current release schedule is oriented to deliver the warrior awakening on August 31st, 2016. This will be coupled along with the release of Valencia Part 2, and an accelerated release schedule for other class awakenings in comparison to Korea's schedule.

We'll be releasing an announcement detailing additional information regarding these topics at a later date, please bear in mind this information is still in a very tentative state and may be subject to change. Thanks guys and have a fantastic weekend!

What happen to your word saying all at once?

Posted

I also have to wonder at the logic behind this tactic. This is an open world PVP game, where people compete for pretty much everything as far as late PvE goes as well. I may see the point of wanting to do this in order for people to roll the underplayed classes, however in the big picture, I do not see how this is helping. I would appreciate some insight from the developers regarding this decision.

Thank you for reading.

Posted

Nah.

This must be some social experiment to test players

Posted

Nah.

This must be some social experiment to test players

They just want more money... and ppl should learn patient, but for most it's just too hard...

Posted

They just want more money... and ppl should learn patient, but for most it's just too hard...

And a social experiment as such will allow them to milk more money. As it will tell them how far they can go.They're probably thinking of more lies now for whatever purpose im sure isn't good

Posted

The problem is that they said one thing and are doing another with no reasonable explanation as to why. Also last I check, Vindictus releases classes staggered due to the fact that they get released when they are finished. See here, the awakening are finished. They are translated, tested and balanced (if you could really call it that). They are even in the code for our game already as the skill info has been datamined. It is not the same reason that Vindictus has staggered releases.

this is not my first time experience korean games. they always ahead US version like months and years even the game has been code, tested whatever it is. now come to think of it kuno awakening just released so i dont expect it will come along with " all awakening at once ". same to vindictus ,i dont remember exactly how long i waited for something just came out in korea but im sure it was a long wait. someone tell me how long kuno players in korea wait for the awakening ? and how long are we now ? i really dont know 

Posted

And a social experiment as such will allow them to milk more money. As it will tell them how far they can go.They're probably thinking of more lies now for whatever purpose im sure isn't good

They never lied,

Posted

Ok lets try to imagine that in game like League of legends all classes dont have ultimate skill and they release it for one champion every week... What do you think would happen with balance in that game? How long LOL would survive with decision like this? And awakenings in BDO have even bigger impact on game then ultimates in LOL... Now say us to be patient again... And im playing sorc, im supposed to get my awakening week after warrior and i still think that update is so horrible that it will end in massive lost of playerbase in next 2,3 months...

Posted (edited)

Ok lets try to imagine that in game like League of legends all classes dont have ultimate skill and they release it for one champion every week... What do you think would happen with balance in that game? How long LOL would survive with decision like this? And awakenings in BDO have even bigger impact on game then ultimates in LOL... Now say us to be patient again... And im playing sorc, im supposed to get my awakening week after warrior and i still think that update is so horrible that it will end in massive lost of playerbase in next 2,3 months...

In game like LoL where most champions are unbalanced and some just wants rework for like 3 years and still didnt had it... your point is invalid.

Edited by Chiryuu

Posted

They never lied,

From what I'm hearing, Daum did say they were planning to release them all. However. English translations already exist for all awakenings . Minus konoichi , witch and wizard of course.

I'm also hearing Russia released 4 awakenings at once. My point is, as a company, they should never imply anying they can't (or in htis case unwilling) to do. Their wording highend the hopes of many players and let them down. Regardless of how this is explained away, Daum' credibility is still hurt.

Posted

I'm not sure they care. They seem so out of touch with the players. Did you get a load of that guy in the IGN interview? The one that did most of the talking? Total disconnect with what's going on in game.

Posted (edited)

In game like LoL where most champions are unbalanced and some just wants rework for like 3 years and still didnt had it... your point is invalid.

Yea some classes are unbalanced and lol still managed to have professional players who compete on world stages...Cant you even read properly? Im saying here about champions with ultimate skill vs champions without ultimate... Do you think lol would be ok if they made same decision as BDO here? Stop with useless talking and answer my question- yes or no? 

And like i said awakenings in BDO break balance even more then ultimates in lol...

Guys why you even talk about Ru? Russian server was opened one year ago! its obvious that they couldnt release all awakenings at once... But our situation is different, all awakenings except wiz/witch are rdy...

Edited by Dorsai85

Posted

this is not my first time experience korean games. they always ahead US version like months and years even the game has been code, tested whatever it is. now come to think of it kuno awakening just released so i dont expect it will come along with " all awakening at once ". same to vindictus ,i dont remember exactly how long i waited for something just came out in korea but im sure it was a long wait. someone tell me how long kuno players in korea wait for the awakening ? and how long are we now ? i really dont know 

There is a difference between releasing classes staggered in a predominantly PvE game and releasing balance altering weapons for classes already in game, staggered in a game where a huge draw in the PvP.

Further many games have future things in the code, but they are typically either incomplete, not balanced or lacking full translation. None of these apply to the awakening weapons. They don't need additional balance done. They are translated (even the Kuno could be translated by the 31st pretty easily).

In KR, they waited because they were not done yet (literally being released as they were finished). That is the only reason. There was also lots of complaints over there about the massive balance issues surrounding not releasing them at once (this was one of the reasons we were told that they were to be released all at once here). They also were not told that they would be released all at once like we were here. If Kakao EU never said that they would do them all at once, there would be much less issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

From what I'm hearing, Daum did say they were planning to release them all. However. English translations already exist for all awakenings . Minus konoichi , witch and wizard of course.

I'm also hearing Russia released 4 awakenings at once. My point is, as a company, they should never imply anying they can't (or in htis case unwilling) to do. Their wording highend the hopes of many players and let them down. Regardless of how this is explained away, Daum' credibility is still hurt.

Plan doesn't equal promise or anything like this.

If company would do exactly what you say.... they should not talk about their plan AT ALL... that's funny how ppl can qq about the fact that publisher/developer doesn't communicate with community cuz they don't want to make promises that they don't know for sure they can keep up (and there is always the possibility that the plans won't work out), but when they communicate and have problems with keeping up to the plans they communicated... the same ppl also qq :D.

Posted (edited)

All but wizard/witches.

In gamescom when 5v5 pvp event was held,

all the classes but wizard/witch, already had awakening weapon slot available for them.

(some people opened inventory to put pots on quick slot and stuff and you could see it)

They add awakening weapon slots only when that class' awakening is available.

proof:

원본 크기로 보시려면 그림을 클릭하세요.

KR server lvl 34 ranger. This ranger is too lowlevel for awakening, but still has awakening slot available.

i11546923045.jpg

KR server witch. awakening is not available, so they are missing awakening weapon slot.

And during gamescom stream:

원본 크기로 보시려면 그림을 클릭하세요.

원본 크기로 보시려면 그림을 클릭하세요.

All but wizard, witch are wearing awakening costume.

Awakening weapon slots are there, awakening skill tab is available, and you can actually open and see skills in awakening skills tab.

You may see them with your own eyes from video from stream https://www.twitch.tv/blackdesertonlineofficial/v/84452620

So, awakening is fully ready for NA/EU. They're just delaying it for more $$.

And best laugh of all times:

not all classes have their awakening skill ready to be released, this is not a matter of "this new class has an issue let's try to fix it", it can only be solved by waiting, would it be ok for them to wait ? Would it be if we were playing a class without awakening when everybody has its own ? 

YEAH there are tons of bugs with every classes and PA didn't touch them in KR for months and months. 

There are bugs for classes in NA/EU without awakening, they aren't getting fix yet. Good excuse.

Current non-awakening balance is broken. KR awakening classes aren't really getting balanced either.

So, fixing balance before release? Really think they can fix the balance by releasing awakening one by one? GOOD LUCK

Only 1 class getting awakening, getting advantage over all classes and other classes having to wait for weeks and months to get theirs sounds SOOO fair Kappa

Edited by Shumie
15 people like this

Posted (edited)

Plan doesn't equal promise or anything like this.

If company would do exactly what you say.... they should not talk about their plan AT ALL... that's funny how ppl can qq about the fact that publisher/developer doesn't communicate with community cuz they don't want to make promises that they don't know for sure they can keep up (and there is always the possibility that the plans won't work out), but when they communicate and have problems with keeping up to the plans they communicated... the same ppl also qq :D.

Typically when a company talks about their plan, they do not deviate from it suddenly and if they do, it is typically done in a much more apologetic way. Look how Square addressed the recent delay with FFXV. They certainly didn't come out and state it like it was what everyone wanted or like it was what they meant all long. No they owned up to the change that would obvious upset people and gave a legitimate reason for it. they also directed to towards the future consumers rather than interviewers. It made people actually think that Squares cares about their products and the people who play them.

Edited by Noth

Posted (edited)

Yea some classes are unbalanced and lol still managed to have professional players who compete on world stages...Cant you even read properly? Im saying here about champions with ultimate skill vs champions without ultimate... Do you think lol would be ok if they made same decision as BDO here? Stop with useless talking and answer my question- yes or no? 

And like i said awakenings in BDO break balance even more then ultimates in lol...

I can say that LoL's marketing department is much better than BDO, if it weren't it wouldn't be big shot since the game is pretty bland and overcauslized.

Could BDO team do better job? Ofc they could. Should they release awakenings differently... Ofc they should, but it doesn't mean that you all have to qq... hold your horses and learn some patient.

Edited by Chiryuu

Posted

How about you guys not being lying -----s and do what you said you were going to do? Which is to release as many as possible in a patch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Typically when a company talks about their plan, they do not deviate from it suddenly and if they do, it is typically done in a much more apologetic way. Look how square addressed the recent delay with FFXV. They certainly didn't come out and state it like it was what everyone wanted or like it was what they meant all long. No they owned up to the change that would obvious upset people and gave a legitimate reason for it. they also directed to towards the future consumers rather than interviewers. It made people actually think that Squares cares about their products and the people who play them.

What about blizzard and their delays? Like I said - Daum/Kakako is far from perfect, but being overly negative and crying over every little thing is just childish.

Posted

Typically when a company talks about their plan, they do not deviate from it suddenly and if they do, it is typically done in a much more apologetic way. Look how square addressed the recent delay with FFXV. They certainly didn't come out and state it like it was what everyone wanted or like it was what they meant all long. No they owned up to the change that would obvious upset people and gave a legitimate reason for it. they also directed to towards the future consumers rather than interviewers. It made people actually think that Squares cares about their products and the people who play them.

The plan has constantly been changing since May. I dont know why anyone expected them to keep what they had planned. I already expected something like this to happen, so i was already prepared for all the QQing thats going on.

Posted

I can say that LoL's marketing department is much better than BDO, if it weren't it wouldn't be big shot since the game is pretty bland and overcauslized.

Could BDO team do better job? Ofc they could. Should they release awakenings differently... Ofc they should, but it doesn't mean that you all have to qq... hold your horses and learn some patient.

They've lied enough. They've -----ed up enough. They shouldn't stagger the release of something so game-changing.

Posted

Im not asking how good LOL marketing department is, i made pretty clear question and please stop avoiding and answer my question. Do you think LOL would survive on market if ultimate skill for all champions would be disabled and released for one or two champions per week? Just simple answer- yes or no?