• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you think rangers don't need awakenings then you are obviously undergeared and get pubstomped.   

First of all, sorry for the late answer, didn't visit forums for a while.

Secondly, no, I am not undergeared or anything, I can wreck 220+ap & 250+dp rangers easily myself, no problem with that. However, all of those who have such high ap/dp that I wreck are simply bad at playing rangers. As a ranger, you should stack up on as many CC resistances as you can, that way your enemy will have a rough time trying to catch you while you keep damaging him and moving around, and also, you won't get CC locked at all, which makes it even easier for you.

So yeah, I've seen undergeared rangers beat 280+DP giants with an ease, as they just kept resisting every CC that the giant tried to use on 'em... It's really that simple, stack CC resistances -> win against everyone.

Edited by YoMa

Posted

Gonna play legion for two months. Absolutely no reason to play bdo at this point with this imbalance awakening release bulcrap. Come back in October and hopefully everyone will have their awakening. 

sounds like a witch/ranger who made sure sorcs were unnecessarily nerfed to ensure class imbalance in his favor... Now he's afraid of warriors finally becoming viable?  Just quit.

Posted (edited)

sounds like a witch/ranger who made sure sorcs were unnecessarily nerfed to ensure class imbalance in his favor... Now he's afraid of warriors finally becoming viable?  Just quit.

There is big difference being viable and being the most OP class in the universe

In the WRC the engine performance is limited to 300HP but imagine they changed the rules and now you can have 500HP engine but the first who can do this Ford after 2 weeks Peugeot... during ongoing racing season

Edited by mate

Posted

Gonna play legion for two months. Absolutely no reason to play bdo at this point with this imbalance awakening release bulcrap. Come back in October and hopefully everyone will have their awakening. 

Have fun. I will stay and enjoy the game.

Posted (edited)

Apparently.... one awakening a week wasn't possible either. 

Yet initially, the plan was to release them all at once!?!

Either Kakao's planning is absolutely amateurish as, with these results, releasing Awakenings all at once was clearly never possible for them from the get go. Or they were just saying whatever with little regard for the reality of the situation. Honestly, how could a company possibly miscalculate their time and misestimate their resources to that degree? "Do it all at once" vs " over 5 months" I could drive a few Galleon's through that massive gap from estimate to actuality... they are nowhere close to the inital target. ( It is like a NASA shuttle landing on the wrong planet...whoops)

But don't worry... it was all just "intent". So they are magically absolved of all responsibility for their claims being nowhere near met... heck no!

Hand waving whatever they say as just "intent" doesn't absolve them, Kakao, of the fact that they acted contrary to their claims. To that intent. Not sticking to your words, is wrong. There is no two ways about it, if you say your going to do something do it. Likewise, if you say your not going to do something don't do it.... 

Seriously though, at this point how many more times must we end up in this situation before we can legitimately claim they are deliberately lying to us? 5, 10, more times?

This whole routine is, honestly, pretty comical at this point. 

Edited by Whatwhat
2 people like this

Posted

To OP. Git Gud Ranger. Kthxbye.

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon

The consequences of bi-weekly awakenings. How will they be addressed ?

1. World bosses - The first classes to receive awakenings will exploit world bosses.Non awakened classes will not be able to get the fat loot in competition with awakened classes. So the classes which get their awakenings first will amass huge amounts of silver selling those and/or will have plenty of time to ecnhant those gaining huge advantage over non awakened classes. Remember the last classes to receive awakenings will never have this advantage because at the time they get their awakenings all classes will allready have them. Most of them will never catch up this gap 

2. PVP node wars, siege wars, RBF - non awakened classes will mostly not participate in those = dead node wars, siege wars, RBF 

LOL you are aware that warriors are getting awakenings first right ? i guess the way your talking ill just head on over with my warrior and solo Kzarka before anyone else shows up , matter of fact ill do the whole loop kill all the bosses  , and when i am done that ill head on over to WoW and kill all their bosses as well with the warriors God like powers i may as well kill He-man and Hercules as well. screw it ill slice the planet in half and claim the left half as  mine

Exploit world bosses Hahahaha thats rich , warriors are already gimped , we didnt get all those boosts and fixes that almost every other class got a while ago , Warriors got Nothing , with the addition of awakening , we may finally just be equal to everyone else........................... for a week ... all it really means is every warrior will have a Huge target on their back for everyone wanting to show off their epeen ,,,,, i mean prowess 

Edited by wellman029

Posted

LOL you are aware that warriors are getting awakenings first right ? i guess the way your talking ill just head on over with my warrior and solo Kzarka before anyone else shows up , matter of fact ill do the whole loop kill all the bosses  , and when i am done that ill head on over to WoW and kill all their bosses as well with the warriors God like powers i may as well kill He-man and Hercules as well. screw it ill slice the planet in half and claim the left half as  mine

Explout world bosses Hahahaha thats rich , warriors are already gimped , we didnt get all those boosts and fixes that almost every other class got a while ago , Warriors got Nothing , with the addition of awakening , we may finally just be equal to everyone else........................... for a week

Equal? What? No.

Warrior Awakening is still considered one of if not the best kit out there. 
And that is compared to all but witch wiz with awakening out.

So let me understand this. Warrior awakening comes out. And in your view of things, you'll be "equal" to everyone. Wait what? Please explain.

Warrior awakening one of best awakening.
Awakening kits are flat out better for all classes (poor ninja doesn't use it often other than for finishers, but it still drastically improves their class, and is likely to be reworked more)
When warrior awakening hits, NO OTHER class will have their awakening.

But as you see it you'll only be "equal" to everyone? What?

Look I get it, warrior isn't in a great place. But two wrongs don't make a right. And all of you believing that they're incapable of releasing the awakening kits in a faster fashion need to wake up and take a look at the RU version of the game. 2 a week. TWO a week. That is 4 times faster than our version.

NA was listed as the largest net revenue region for all of Black desert. Why is the largest income generator being treated in this manner? Because we're not standing up for ourselves. 

2 people like this

Posted

More like everybody can finally close the gap wiz/witch opened up farming bosses due to them getting awakenings last.

Posted

@CM_Aethon

1. World bosses - The first classes to receive awakenings will exploit world bosses.Non awakened classes will not be able to get the fat loot in competition with awakened classes. So the classes which get their awakenings first will amass huge amounts of silver selling those and/or will have plenty of time to ecnhant those gaining huge advantage over non awakened classes. Remember the last classes to receive awakenings will never have this advantage because at the time they get their awakenings all classes will allready have them. Most of them will never catch up this gap 

2. PVP node wars, siege wars, RBF - non awakened classes will mostly not participate in those = dead node wars, siege wars, RBF 

What are the consequences of releasing all awakenings at once?

Posted

Game 2 hard need awakenings nao

Posted

No significant advantage for any class compared to other classes = way more balanced PVP and PVE

Posted

I dont think node wars&siege or large scale group PvP is the biggest issue. All guilds will have awakened classes. It's a group effort after all.

I don't think world bosses will be major problem either, because they die in 35-45 seconds lol. You need to be there the exact second they spawn or you wont get loot. Doesn't matter your dps or what class you play. There's to many mysterious factors deciding who gets what.

The issue and the imbalance is about grinding, farming and small scale PvP. Awakened classes will make more money and xp, making them even more strong and increase the gap even further. Will also be 100% better at fighting of other classes trying to move in on the spot. Good luck trying to farm Ogres or Basilisk&Crescent top spot for BiS accessories a few weeks form now, when there's a awakened sorc or warrior that wants to do the same.

Our version has actual open world PvP(unlike KR) and much less channels, so being strong here individually and able to deal with the competition around farm spot is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure those KR developers understands that.

Than there's Valencia part 2 PvP update. Who the hell thinks it's a cool idea to push a PvP update and major class imbalancefest at the same time?

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Aethon

1. World and field bosses drop isnt dps based anymore they changed that months ago. Also ppl getting their awakening sooner would means less chance of getting their dandelion in time before wasting money on their blue awakening weapon. As for my self i play tamer which we probably get ours in 2 month, 2 month that i may be able to get my dandelion box from drop and as soon as i get my awakening i will open my dandelion box and get it right away instead of enchanting the useless blue one. 

2. Ppl will still do node wars just be aware of warriors and other awakenings, also in kr they were fine with 1 awakening a month and player were playing just fine. 

Exploit world bosses Hahahaha thats rich , warriors are already gimped , we didnt get all those boosts and fixes that almost every other class got a while ago , Warriors got Nothing , with the addition of awakening , we may finally just be equal to everyone else........................... for a week ... all it really means is every warrior will have a Huge target on their back for everyone wanting to show off their epeen ,,,,, i mean prowess 

Warriors awakening is the strongest awakening in kr atm meaning that an awaken warrior isnt equal to non awaken classes. In fact awaken warriors power will be ridiculously overpowered unless they nerf it a bit. 

Posted

@CM_Aethon

If this was the case, low dps classes like warriors would never get any loot since launch.

We would have to wait until 2017 to have awakenings, and classes that are performing below average pre awakening will continue to suck for another 4-5 months.

Posted

If this was the case, low dps classes like warriors would never get any loot since launch.

We would have to wait until 2017 to have awakenings, and classes that are performing below average pre awakening will continue to suck for another 4-5 months.

No significant advantage for any class compared to other classes = way more balanced PVP and PVE

I think Micro's got a good point. My point being, in all other versions, it took much longer for the classes awakenings to be released. Korea was released in 2014, Russia was released 2015. Both of those have been out much longer than NA has, and in Russia's case, they are only just now getting awakenings in their second year.

The North American/Europe Release date was March 3rd.

We are getting awakenings faster than any other Version has ever gotten it before.,. even if it is Biweekly.

Posted

Daum, Kakao or whatever. Are you retarded? Even in Russia (insert any SUPER funny joke about Soviet Russia here) they were able to give playerbase more than one awekening. You are either not capable or just trying to grab ppls necks and keep them ingame for next few months. This is probably the last nail in your coffin of credibility.

Posted

who the ----- cares about the russian version... stop comparing with our version

Posted

who the ----- cares about the russian version... stop comparing with our version

people were comparing our versions just moments ago, I feel I did so correctly, good day sir.

Posted

2weeks release to um ensure smooth launch and guarantee all classes have awakening release by end of year. I lol so hard

1 person likes this

Posted

What's even the point of playing kunoichi now, triple nerf now.

1 : Pre awakening buff for everyone beside kunoichi

2 : nerf of skill damage wise in pvp with out buffing the overrall damage

3 : warrior will ----- us all

Was already hard to do damage unless you out gear everyone, now pvp will be bullshit beyond bullshittitude

Posted

^ hey cry boy didnt you quit bdo ? why you still here opening new troll thread every 2 sec?

Posted

^ hey cry boy didnt you quit bdo ? why you still here opening new troll thread every 2 sec?

look a dragon white knight

1 person likes this

Posted

Dragon Knight there no white at all are you blind ? or having some problem with your eyes? or maybe your are dislessic ?

Posted (edited)

i thought we already established this a long time ago?

They will always do the opposite of what the playerbase wants. We've seen it before and now we're seeing it again when we were supposed to get awakenings all at once, that would of been nice right? Then it changed to one awakening a week, still not too bad but not received well by the community. Then they dump this bi-weekly (1 awakening every 2 weeks) shit on us which basically tells us that they will never stay true to their word and do not care about our feedback or do not have the power to actually do anything themselves.

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska, please reconsider releasing awakenings bi-weekly and try to make an effort to bring out 1 awakening per week if not 2 per week.

Edited by Heartbeat