• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings Discusion Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Posted

Make up your mind.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As I've said previously in the awakening announcement thread; in no developer/publisher relationship in the history of gaming has the developer EVER been the one with the power. The money is with the publisher, they have the power. 

Don't believe their lies.

Have you seen the contract that they have with PA? No? then you cant have any idea of how it works. The way you are thinking is with how EA develops games. This game was already a completed project with new content coming out and Daum/Kakao wanted the rights to bring it to the western culture. The contract could be VERY different from what we are used to with publishers normally. In NA publishers have all the power because they are investing in it to make the game not just bring it to a new region. 

Edited by Valenten

Posted

This OP is a new victim of "assumptions". Give this kid a glass of milk.

Posted (edited)

wait i ....uh oh

I mean what are we challenging me to? I may or may not be too lazy. I hope it's a staring contest. I can do those with my eyes closed! 

Edited by Locket

Posted

Have you seen the contract that they have with PA? No? then you cant have any idea of how it works. The way you are thinking is with how EA develops games. This game was already a completed project with new content coming out and Daum/Kakao wanted the rights to bring it to the western culture. The contract could be VERY different from what we are used to with publishers normally. In NA publishers have all the power because they are investing in it to make the game not just bring it to a new region. 

And neither have you, so why are you presuming to defend them?

Posted

wait i ....uh oh

lol you quoted lockets picture of two cats hugging from another thread, wrote some nonsense it the quote, then challenged her LOL

Posted (edited)

What does being a NA/EU launch class have to do with anything?  Their awakenings don't exist yet.  What part of that isn't getting through your skull?

Edited by Drakkaelus

Posted

Because the awakening isnt even out in korea.its unexisting as of yet.just keep geting and progresing so your ready when it hits thats what im doing with my main witch

Posted

And neither have you, so why are you presuming to defend them?

I defend them because people always jump to attack them like you seem to do on a regular basis. People only think of what they can see not the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. We dont run the game all we can do is provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. They dont put the patches together that we already know which means PA chooses what we get and when we get after discussing it with Kakao. Which indicates that PA has more sway than Kakao does. 

Posted (edited)

They can actually make them all by the end of the year if they release mirrors at the same time like:

Warrior              - Aug. 31st
Sorceress         - Sept. 14th
Beserker           - Sept. 28th
Ranger             - Oct. 12th
Tamer               - Oct. 26th
Valkyrie             - Nov. 9th
Musa/Maehwa  - Nov. 23rd
Ninja/Kunoichi - Dec. 7th
Witch/Wizard     - Dec. 21st

Still not excited at the prospect of waiting though. Of my classes I normally play, looks like Tamer will be my first chance at getting an awakening. That is right around the time BF1 comes out :(.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted

What does being a NA/EU launch class have to do with anything?  Their awakenings don't exist yet.  What part of that isn't getting through your skull?

Read any of the OP threads he has made... answers your question. Just ignore and move on, nothing to see here.

Posted

I defend them because people always jump to attack them like you seem to do on a regular basis. People only think of what they can see not the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. We dont run the game all we can do is provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. They dont put the patches together that we already know which means PA chooses what we get and when we get after discussing it with Kakao. Which indicates that PA has more sway than Kakao does. 

That's what you're told yes.

Which is rather the point, isn't it?

Posted

That's what you're told yes.

Which is rather the point, isn't it?

So I see you arent of the idea of having a 2 way conversation and only want to have a one sided one so im done with the conversation :) have a nice day. 

Posted

lol you quoted lockets picture of two cats hugging from another thread, wrote some nonsense it the quote, then challenged her LOL

Debunking magic is rude. Let me believe!

Posted

Ofc.
But you said that you don't see how it could be unclear and I was showing you how it kinda can.

I do agree an announcement post is most likely going to take precedence, my point was more that the official announcement should have been how the news broke.

not dual shockers

not a confirmation in a thread asking if the dual shockers article was correct
and it shouldn't have been ~a week late to the party
and it shouldn't have been one employee saying one thing while another says something different

It makes people unsure of what to trust, what to believe or what to pay attention to.

That is why I choose to take everything I hear with a grain of salt, even their own official announcements.  People are going to prod them hell out of them and get whatever news they can, then release it to the masses.  Who are they actually talking to when they message "Black Desert Online" on facebook?  Someone high up or a faceless customer service person (I think more than likely), who has heard something from someone else in the company that also heard it from someone that may know whats actually happening? How many times have you talked to any customer service team in any company and gotten multiple different answers? 

They are aiming to have this stuff out by then? Great.  It's coming.  Pushed back? Damn.  It sucks, sure.. there's nothing we can really do.  They must have their reasons for them, we don't know anything.  I'm not going to sit here and throw tomatoes at them in a mob group and call them liars and thieves.  I will be angry because something that I was so hyped for is being delayed, but I'm not going to set fire to their forums and entice people to do the same.  Not implying you are of course, but that is all I see whenever any "news" breaks out in these forums.  People take up their pitchforks and march over here and demand answers and always think of the negatives.  Transparency from the company would be great.  My hopes were dashed when this game first came out and they said they don't know what's been patched in until they receive notes from the developers AFTER patching.  They obviously have no real power over whatever the developers want to push out over to here in NA.  They probably asked and were declined because they are managing primarily their own first and then other regions as well.  So they can announce things until the cows come home,  I'm not going to believe it until it's actually patched in.

So yes,  I AM unsure of what to trust as you said.  But I can get over it and wait until it actually happens.  I'm on the low end of the awakening spectrum probably.  Maehwa 54 and Kunoichi 55.  I have a Ranger at 51 and Tamer at 43 that i'll probably start leveling just to try out their awakenings.

Are we able to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would try to balance the game as if they were releasing them how they originally were?  Do we have any of that information?  Do we know what they did between awakening releases in KR?  Those appear to be staggered releases as well.  Not sure if they had any backlash for doing them one at a time.

Posted

So I see you arent of the idea of having a 2 way conversation and only want to have a one sided one so im done with the conversation :) have a nice day. 

We don't need to have a conversation of you defending Kakao, they've got an entire team to do the defending for themselves, they're just not doing it.

Posted (edited)

They can actually make them all by the end of the year if they release mirrors at the same time like:

Warrior              - Aug. 31st
Sorceress         - Sept. 14th
Beserker           - Sept. 28th
Ranger             - Oct. 12th
Tamer               - Oct. 26th
Valkyrie             - Nov. 9th
Musa/Maehwa  - Nov. 23rd
Ninja/Kunoichi - Dec. 7th
Witch/Wizard     - Dec. 21st

Still not excited at the prospect of waiting though. Of my classes I normally play, looks like Tamer will be my first chance at getting an awakening. That is right around the time BF1 comes out :(.

they would make it by end of year n not kill the game by releasing all at once  Cept wit wiz like they "intended" to

Edited by Overpowered

Posted

they would make it by end of year n not kill the game by releasing all at once  Cept wit wiz like they "intended" to

True, but we already know that isn't going to happen.

Posted

Waiting on the first thread where they announce the delay of one of the awakenings because the previous one released had too many bugs.

Why would they? Remember last 2 bigger pacthes? Bugged AF.. And no fixes till now.. :D

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That is why I choose to take everything I hear with a grain of salt, even their own official announcements

That's all I'm saying and was my point from the getgo.

You might notice my "backlash" has nothing to do with the release schedule... I don't really care that they've delayed / staggered the releases.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

even their or isn't on defensive mode. They're on full front assault mode and doesn't give shit about what you think about their plans

Posted

Do you even read?  Clearly you didn't read my post.  I said it could be either or.
Also:

bi·week·ly
bīˈwēklē/
adjective & adverb

1. 1.
    appearing or taking place every two weeks or twice a week.
    "a biweekly bulletin"
noun

1. 1.
    a periodical that appears every two weeks or twice a week.

Is this the US definition?  Because in Canada "bi-weekly" means every two weeks  and "semi-weekly" means twice a week. (Same with bi-monthly and semi-monthly)

Posted (edited)

Well as annoyed as I am that the simultaneous awakening promise was broken, at least Sorc is still 2nd in line.

@Reanbell I'll trip you with my Scythe before you can trip me :o I see through your dirty tricks.

#HYPE #Hashtagsaredumb

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

1. 31st August - Warrior Awakening

2. 14th September - Sorceress Awakening

3. 28th September - Berserker Awakening

4. 12th October - Ranger Awakening

5. 26th October - Tamer Awakening

6. 9th November - Valkyrie Awakening

7. 23rd November - Musa Awakening

8. 7th December - Maehwa Awakening

9. 21st December - Nina Awakening

10. 4th January - Kunoichi Awakening

11. ...

***** assuming they "plan to release on schedule and hope all for "by end of year"

OK.  Based on this, I guess my plan is:

1. Make sorc and get her to 56 by September 14th

2. Get Ranger to 56 by October 12th

3. Get Tamer to 56 by October 26th

4. Get Valk to 56 by November 9th

5. Make a Witch and start leveling leisurely as I now have time.

6. Get Kuno to 56 by January 4th (yay for Christmas!)

...that actually doesn't sound impossible.

Oh! Squirrel!

Posted

it has something to do with your low iq brain. 

funny coming from someone whose only contributions to this forum are angry shitposts.