• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert should be free to play

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

They have already proven that they are going to put aspects of the game behind money barriers anyway, minds well say ----- it and go free to play.  Tera is free to play and yet it milks its playerbase less than this game which has a price of admission.

Free to play means the game will be more accessible and thus it will have a larger audience and more populated servers.  This means the devs won't have to milk the dwindling playerbase for all its worth like they're trying to do, instead they can be like Tera and make money off of people who want costumes or exp boosts and what not but not ----- people's wallets by introducing subscriptions to a buy-to-play game.

I'm currently on a free trial for the game, but I'm not gonna be sticking around when the playerbase is dying and the devs are unfairly pricing in game content when that was never the deal.  If it goes free to play and adopts a model similar to Tera, I will gladly play this awesome game, it's just not worth getting taken advantage of when there are similar games that I can enjoy for free.

Edited by ihateyou

Posted (edited)

TERA's model was flawed in multiple ways, "P2W" enchanting past +12, Gear grinding, Sellable costumes for mass money (Not as bad as our current situation). Overall just a bad time, the current B2P model is worth due to the cash shop items gifted upon purchase, if anything there should be an optional 10$ pack where you can buy the game raw without the cash shop additions therefore making it more accessible to people. Truth be told, if it adopted a F2P model kakao & daum would be forced to add more p2w features in order to keep development at its current pace, the current "p2w" features were implemented to fund the additional development from kakao and daum, true kakao's reputation is horrid in regards to milking companies like cash cows, but its all to ensure development. Overall the F2P model would be a bad idea and an optional 10$ pack for the game without additional items should be added in its place to extend the accessibility to further groups of people.

Note: By gear grinding I mean to state the ability to purchase gear with money made via "P2W" methods such as purchasing EMP (TERA's buyable currency) and selling items.

Edited by Snow12341
Added a note to clarify a point.

Posted

TERA's model was flawed in multiple ways, "P2W" enchanting past +12, Gear grinding, Sellable costumes for mass money (Not as bad as our current situation). Overall just a bad time, the current B2P model is worth due to the cash shop items gifted upon purchase, if anything there should be an optional 10$ pack where you can buy the game raw without the cash shop additions therefore making it more accessible to people. Truth be told, if it adopted a F2P model kakao & daum would be forced to add more p2w features in order to keep development at its current pace, the current "p2w" features were implemented to fund the additional development from kakao and daum, true kakao's reputation is horrid in regards to milking companies like cash cows, but its all to ensure development. Overall the F2P model would be a bad idea and an optional 10$ pack for the game without additional items should be added in its place to extend the accessibility to further groups of people.

Tera isn't pay to win what are you talking about

Posted

Tera isn't pay to win what are you talking about

If you have recently logged into tera. You'll notice that the ability to buy enchanting material was added to EU and a variation to NA therefore allowing people to swipe to gear. They're also allowed to buy EMP and trade cash shop items in a trade menu, therefore allowing people to swipe their credit cards without limitation to gain vast amounts of money at a 1 EMP: 40 gold ratio

Therefore it's classed as "P2W".

Posted

f2p is needed for more player influx, so it takes slightly longer for bdo to bleed out

Posted

At the beginning they said " we are highly and strong against p2w " i dont see it liers  , with your value pack and pearl items at market ( there were many other ways to avoid the p2w with pearl at marketplace , you could put a vendor like night vendor )  but the RNG system that is absolutely annoying and making you to smash the keyboard , the world bosses with their instantly killing making you buy elion's tear to have a chance of getting items . NOW SURE MAKE BLACK DESERT free to play after we spent hundreds $  on this game , nah

Sorry about my english 

Posted

even if the game goes free to play do any of u think new players will adjust to the learning curve of the game?

Posted

even if the game goes free to play do any of u think new players will adjust to the learning curve of the game?

yeah sure, they are far less likely to even give it a try if it remains buy to play, I mean why not just save your money and play Tera instead?

Posted

Much laughter wahahahaha much much more to come ty ty hahaha

Posted

this game still new.. wait a year and it will probably go free

this game still new.. wait a year and it will probably go free

Posted

BDO is F2P. The buy in does make it a bit hazy and seem not to be but once you get past that it is.

F2P means there is no monthy subscription that's all, true the buy in thing is a bad idea as well as a tad greedy for a game they didn't even develop but licensed and if you got a box and items for it rather than a 30 gig download would be acceptable. I debated for a month or more before buying in so that is probably costing them a lot of players that would otherwise be here.

BDO is F2P. The buy in does make it a bit hazy and seem not to be but once you get past that it is.

F2P means there is no monthy subscription that's all, true the buy in thing is a bad idea as well as a tad greedy for a game they didn't even develop but licensed and if you got a box and items for it rather than a 30 gig download would be acceptable. I debated for a month or more before buying in so that is probably costing them a lot of players that would otherwise be here.

Posted

f2p means its FREE to start playing it.. BDO isn't FREE you need to pay before you can play -_-

they might as well go F2P now, since ALL the negatives off f2p is already in the game while none of the positive of either b2p or f2p is there now. so it is just shit of shit now

Posted

I would rather play a balanced open world MMORPG where you buy the game once and then have it forever than a pay to win 100% item-shop based game.

Think about what would happen to the game if you would let every kid play it for free.

Spamming + hacking + kids under 12 years of age ruining the experience.

Posted (edited)

Think about what would happen to the game if you would let every kid play it for free.

This.
30$ is nearly free.

Edited by Izara

Posted

I would rather play a balanced open world MMORPG where you buy the game once and then have it forever than a pay to win 100% item-shop based game.

you cant run servers, updates, expansions etc. on a 1 time buy -_-

Subscribtion model without cashshop is the only system that makes sense for BOTH buyer and seller...

Posted

Subscribtion model without cashshop is the only system that makes sense for BOTH buyer and seller...

Except that even sub based games ALL also have a cash shop

Posted (edited)

BDO is B2P...(buy to play)

Also at this point i really couldnt care less if they went f2p. Ill happily continue playing the game until i get sick of it.. Unless they added Valks Cry. That i do not want to see in our version..

Edited by KFC
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO is B2P...(buy to play)

Also at this point i really couldnt care less if they went f2p. Ill happily continue playing the game until i get sick of it.. Unless they added Valks Cry. That i do not want to see in our version..

Since they added pearl items tradeable on marketplace, they will think of adding valks' cry.

Because valks' cry can be obtained from extracting costumes, and they will say "it's not p2w because you can buy costume from marketplace and get valks' cry".

Edited by Shumie

Posted

Please no. I gladly paid that $30 just to escape the bot-fests of every other F2P game.

Posted (edited)

Please no. I gladly paid that $30 just to escape the bot-fests of every other F2P game.

doubt you will see many more bots than is there already. there is no way to benefit from having bot accounts and using main accounts to bot will get the majority cought and banned. unless you have cm/gm connections the possibility of you being able to bot to any power worth mentioning is extremely low ^^

however the influx in players F2P gives is absolutely needed right now, since we lost an insane amount of players and the game is still heavily bleeding..

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Forum should only for paid customers.

1 person likes this

Posted

you're probably right here, although we don't want this game to end up like the elder scrolls online when they first released it.

Mainly because:

-Black desert is a lot better as a game overall.

-There was way too much hype around the elder scrolls online this is why people expected too much.

-Same now, you can sell item-shop items, but the truth is, everyone gets them from missions, achievements, we get them for free during the events.

It is true that it will become slightly pay-to-win now, but look at the pearl prices.

2000 pearls is 20 euros, you can buy something worth a maximum of 2 million for 2000 pearls. Which means that you get 1 million for 10 euro approx.

This is way too much to just buy items from the pearl shop and sell them, especially because I can make 10 times more money within an hour without spending 100 euros.

Look at the marketplace, it's almost empty when it comes to pearl items.

Don't worry too much, we got into too much hype over this update.