• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gear based PvP is only supported by plebs

64 posts in this topic

Posted

People who praise ultimate gear grind and luck and "dedication" are usually the bads who think grinding 12 hours a day should make you god tier at PvP. 

Do you know what PvP is ? It's PLAYER VS PLAYER. You earned your gear in pve by farming mobs and that should make you better at PvP ? This is idiotic. 

I'm sick of hearing the word "casual" or bad when it's related to getting gear in this game  Just because some1 has poor RNG and not enough time to farm he is bad and a casual. 

Seriously gear based PvP sucks. I don't think  I can handle this anymore.  I mean like does it even matter anyway ? After the awaken  release  and hype  dies off, this game will be a ghost town.

They created such an amazing skill based combat system just to ruin it behind the gear based Pvap system roflmao. 

TLDR: PvE  plebs who think gear makes them skill full are beyond delusional . 

15 people like this

Posted

bye

Posted

gid gud

3 people like this

Posted

PVE heroes will start flaming me. Their only chance of being revelant  is in a p2w game where only gear matters. Lmfao I bet you never been top 10 in any game you played in PvP that had no p2w or grind to win elements. 

Posted (edited)

I agree with op.

Its freaking unfair that i, a skilfull lvl 45 player, to be steamroled by a lvl 59 no lifer noob that cant even combo.

Why do we need lvls. Make lvl 1 to be the cap.

Also, why some classes have advantage over some other classes and are weaker against some other classes? Make only one class. Fudge it! No class at all and no gear. Just a bunch of naked, lvl 1 toons with  sticks that deal 1 dmg. Thats the real pvp.

I mean even in shooter games weapons are unballanced; like i have a pistol and the enemy that 500m away has a sniper rifle. UNFAIR!

Inb4 u tell me that some games have arenas and u dont need to do pve to get ur pvp gear, it still has progression.

Tl;dr: op is playing the wrong game. Have a feeling that even if he played chess he will shout its unballanced cuz the whites start first.

Git gut!

Edited by metaxa1331
12 people like this

Posted (edited)

Mate pvp in this game is a poor joke

CC is RNG based, no hard ccbreak

Not even talking about gear, even 100% equalized pvp in this game is a joke, it doesn't WORK

This is not a pvp game (the mechanical part is just so bad it's funny) and those who claim it is are indeed, pl3bs

Edited by Flaw
9 people like this

Posted

Just waiting till they remove the grinding part and add $$$ to gear up. Then, I will be one of the best PvPer.

filthy plebs

Posted

Just waiting till they remove the grinding part and add $$$ to gear up. Then, I will be one of the best PvPer.

filthy plebs

You'll prob still be a shitter with no SP kappa. When they start selling SP for $$$ then you might have a chance mang.

Posted

"Grinding and working for your gear is what losers do, I am far more superior than every single one of you because I think Black Desert Online should be turned into League of Legends 2.0"

fd963fddb430222468a16a6e90a9bb02.png

3 people like this

Posted

Mate pvp in this game is a poor joke

CC is RNG based, no hard ccbreak

Not even talking about gear, even 100% equalized pvp in this game is a joke, it doesn't WORK

This is not a pvp game (the mechanical part is just so bad it's funny) and those who claim it is are indeed, pl3bs

honestly this

Posted

why are you in this game then...

you should know this game doesnt have a pure PVP since it launch

Posted

People who praise ultimate gear grind and luck and "dedication" are usually the bads who think grinding 12 hours a day should make you god tier at PvP. 

Do you know what PvP is ? It's PLAYER VS PLAYER. You earned your gear in pve by farming mobs and that should make you better at PvP ? This is idiotic. 

I'm sick of hearing the word "casual" or bad when it's related to getting gear in this game  Just because some1 has poor RNG and not enough time to farm he is bad and a casual. 

Seriously gear based PvP sucks. I don't think  I can handle this anymore.  I mean like does it even matter anyway ? After the awaken  release  and hype  dies off, this game will be a ghost town.

They created such an amazing skill based combat system just to ruin it behind the gear based Pvap system roflmao. 

If you don't like tier based pvp, you shouldn't be playing MMO's go play a moba.

2 people like this

Posted

If you don't like tier based pvp, you shouldn't be playing MMO's go play a moba.

simple rly

simple rly

Posted

To some degree I agree. Grinding 10 hours a day to stay up is something I don't put on my "stuff I enjoy" the list. Especially if it's grinding the same dumb retarded meatbag  mobs all the time. 

To some degree I agree. Grinding 10 hours a day to stay up is something I don't put on my "stuff I enjoy" the list. Especially if it's grinding the same dumb retarded meatbag  mobs all the time. 

Posted

So retarded that we have to doublepost about it

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah thanks to BDO I realised how dull so called "hardcore" grinders are...

litteraly wasting dozens of hours for what ?... one shotting half of the server and being one-shot by the other half ?...

There is too many good games and good stuff to do out there to waste 1K hours trying to loot an ogre ring that will not loot.

Yeah thanks to BDO I realised how dull so called "hardcore" grinders are...

litteraly wasting dozens of hours for what ?... one shotting half of the server and being one-shot by the other half ?...

There is too many good games and good stuff to do out there to waste 1K hours trying to loot an ogre ring that will not loot.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Multi-Glad(WOTLK/MOP) WoW PvP player and streamer here, also a heavy GW2 commander on JQ. I'm perfectly fine with BDO's gearing system

I bet you've never been good at any PvP game. This game isn't based on fairness and it isn't trying to be an e-sports game.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

I'd be ok with removing the gear grind and keeping the level grind.

Edited by Dewru
double post

Posted

True True. Just noticed, I also have it on PC now.. Rip Forum

True True. Just noticed, I also have it on PC now.. Rip Forum

Posted

You can just fix that doubleposting yanno :P

I would not even mind so much the grind if I would not throw all that grind down the drain with a single fail click and have absolutely nothing to show for.

@ OP *Some* gear is fine for the sake of progression imo, I very much enjoyed the unequalized FC back when Tera was still great. I like the feeling of working for something and seeing the results. But back then I could be viable even in second and third best gear if I knew how to play. I could enter skyring in my +12 conjuct which was really not that hard to get, and not feel like I am a total burden to my team. I could beat a P2W VM without a clue with one hand behind my back. Because practice and skill mattered, gear just gave some space for mistakes. BDO on the other hand is getting totally out of hand with gear and RNG and I lost any semblance of interest for that kind of PvP. Besides I am not a bully to enjoy making someone miserable and slapping my eboobs in their face. Oneshotting someone or being oneshotted does nothing for me, I prefer challenge.

1 person likes this

Posted

there should always be a fine balance between gear/level and skill. This game puts gear WAYY more on front then BnS and tera wich i played quite a bit.

I definatly believe that this game needs more nerfing on gear difference so that the overall pvp experience will be better.

Posted

there should always be a fine balance between gear/level and skill. This game puts gear WAYY more on front then BnS and tera wich i played quite a bit.

I definatly believe that this game needs more nerfing on gear difference so that the overall pvp experience will be better.

Still nobody complains for the difference in scaling between AP and DP's effect... but everyone complains when I have a PEN weap and oneshot 'em... no matter if I worked my arse out to make it, want it ? work for having it, may take some time, but hey, you should have a goal, don't you ? 

Probably the difference in scaling with enchant is too huge, cannot deny it, even if I suspect most of the issue comes from bad damage reduction formula, would leveraging it be enough ? I don't think so (always because AP >>>>> DP).

Moreover, after gear will come classes (nerf this, nerf those), and after that rants on level differences... I already foreseen tons of whining like "why a lvl 60 should be able to oneshot a lvl 45 ?"

Because it's freaking right, levelling should give some advantage, and 15 levels, at the pace you get 'em (expecially after 55), are enough to grant a oneshot. Don't like it ? Level up, nobody prevents you from doing it, don't have time ? Doesn't change a thing, you'll just have to wait a bit longer to be on par (takes less to make 45-55 than 55-57), the gap will always decrease. Unless in GvG I highly doubt many lvl 60 would go around Calph to oneshot low levels, sure there's some douchebag out there, but they're still a minority.

MMORPGs cannot be seen as competitive e-sport, no matter what, they totally embody the principle of dedication/growth and that's what many ppl like, investing time to make their toon strong, problem is, kids want all and immediately, the old saying: "No pain, no gain" doesn't apply to gamers anymore. For the other kind of gamers, there are plenty alternatives (MOBA, FPS).

TL/RL: it's not the game being totally wrong, sure it needs some tweaks, but for the most part, is the wrong playerbase. 

3 people like this

Posted

Still nobody complains for the difference in scaling between AP and DP's effect... but everyone complains when I have a PEN weap and oneshot 'em... no matter if I worked my arse out to make it, want it ? work for having it, may take some time, but hey, you should have a goal, don't you ? 

Probably the difference in scaling with enchant is too huge, cannot deny it, even if I suspect most of the issue comes from bad damage reduction formula, would leveraging it be enough ? I don't think so (always because AP >>>>> DP).

Moreover, after gear will come classes (nerf this, nerf those), and after that rants on level differences... I already foreseen tons of whining like "why a lvl 60 should be able to oneshot a lvl 45 ?"

Because it's freaking right, levelling should give some advantage, and 15 levels, at the pace you get 'em (expecially after 55), are enough to grant a oneshot. Don't like it ? Level up, nobody prevents you from doing it, don't have time ? Doesn't change a thing, you'll just have to wait a bit longer to be on par (takes less to make 45-55 than 55-57), the gap will always decrease. Unless in GvG I highly doubt many lvl 60 would go around Calph to oneshot low levels, sure there's some douchebag out there, but they're still a minority.

MMORPGs cannot be seen as competitive e-sport, no matter what, they totally embody the principle of dedication/growth and that's what many ppl like, investing time to make their toon strong, problem is, kids want all and immediately, the old saying: "No pain, no gain" doesn't apply to gamers anymore. For the other kind of gamers, there are plenty alternatives (MOBA, FPS).

TL/RL: it's not the game being totally wrong, sure it needs some tweaks, but for the most part, is the wrong playerbase. 

Along with a way to pretend defeat is only due to gear, implying at equal gear they would surely win.

So, this but with a pinch of inconspicuous sore loser powder.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's true. Exceptionally skilled players or gamers, aren't the ones asking for gear imbalance ever. They have the confidence and skill to be amazing regardless of gearing system and game.

It's rather bad or average players with loads of gaming time, that wants gear disparity as a crouch. Majority of MMORPG players are average though, including myself. I read books growing up over playing Counterstrike, so never had a chance to be exceptional lol. I need to out-gear people to destroy them with ease. But unlike others I'm not trying to hide it by redirecting the topic, calling others plebs, lazy or bad. I even feel embarrassed when my gear is killing others players.

The gear difference is to much in BDO.

Posted

Grinding for gear in BDO is not really a hard work nor pain, if you are the kind of mind that enjoys doing simple repetitive little tasks all day long and playing lottery. I dont personally, I tried working on automatic band and I was ready for a nuthouse after 3 months.

Leveling is not so hard nor long either, in old AO it took people literally years to get to full 220/40/70. Levels between 200 and 220 took more than double time than 56+ in BDO and last AI levels were simply brutal. But it was more fun and more social, and in the end you could stop at any level, make a twink and be more than relevant in tower wars. Different game, but much less forgiving, more demanding and harder in the end. Took me 5 years playing every day to get top levels and BIS gear. 

It is definitely your prerogative to have that gear and levels you "worked" for, and to go around oneshotting people if you so want, the game allows you that. But it is the prerogative of the players you oneshot to see you as skilless jerk hiding incompetence behind the gear. And the way the gear works in game you really dont have a leg to stand upon to convince them in opposite.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0