• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gear based PvP is only supported by plebs

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Still nobody complains for the difference in scaling between AP and DP's effect... but everyone complains when I have a PEN weap and oneshot 'em... no matter if I worked my arse out to make it, want it ? work for having it, may take some time, but hey, you should have a goal, don't you ? 

Probably the difference in scaling with enchant is too huge, cannot deny it, even if I suspect most of the issue comes from bad damage reduction formula, would leveraging it be enough ? I don't think so (always because AP >>>>> DP).

Moreover, after gear will come classes (nerf this, nerf those), and after that rants on level differences... I already foreseen tons of whining like "why a lvl 60 should be able to oneshot a lvl 45 ?"

Because it's freaking right, levelling should give some advantage, and 15 levels, at the pace you get 'em (expecially after 55), are enough to grant a oneshot. Don't like it ? Level up, nobody prevents you from doing it, don't have time ? Doesn't change a thing, you'll just have to wait a bit longer to be on par (takes less to make 45-55 than 55-57), the gap will always decrease. Unless in GvG I highly doubt many lvl 60 would go around Calph to oneshot low levels, sure there's some douchebag out there, but they're still a minority.

MMORPGs cannot be seen as competitive e-sport, no matter what, they totally embody the principle of dedication/growth and that's what many ppl like, investing time to make their toon strong, problem is, kids want all and immediately, the old saying: "No pain, no gain" doesn't apply to gamers anymore. For the other kind of gamers, there are plenty alternatives (MOBA, FPS).

TL/RL: it's not the game being totally wrong, sure it needs some tweaks, but for the most part, is the wrong playerbase. 

an mmorpg can be seen as a esport, look at BnS.

But i dont mind black desert not wanting to be that. I like progression and gear differences, but there should be a limit on how much hardcore players can get in front of the "normal time spenders".

Posted

Grinding for gear in BDO is not really a hard work nor pain, if you are the kind of mind that enjoys doing simple repetitive little tasks all day long and playing lottery. I dont personally, I tried working on automatic band and I was ready for a nuthouse after 3 months.

Leveling is not so hard nor long either, in old AO it took people literally years to get to full 220/40/70. Levels between 200 and 220 took more than double time than 56+ in BDO and last AI levels were simply brutal. But it was more fun and more social, and in the end you could stop at any level, make a twink and be more than relevant in tower wars. Different game, but much less forgiving, more demanding and harder in the end. Took me 5 years playing every day to get top levels and BIS gear. 

It is definitely your prerogative to have that gear and levels you "worked" for, and to go around oneshotting people if you so want, the game allows you that. But it is the prerogative of the players you oneshot to see you as skilless jerk hiding incompetence behind the gear. And the way the gear works in game you really dont have a leg to stand upon to convince them in opposite.

lvl 185 TK on Last Chaos here, let's talk about grinding ^^

I think I've used the wrong words when referring to a lvl 60 oneshotting a lvl 45, but hey, nobody is perfect, right ?

Level should give an advantage, this is the core thing of any mmorpg, true levelling ain't hard, but still it requires time, the grinding level is still not comparable to real old time grinders (Lineage and Last Chaos coming to my mind), but after 56 the curve begins to raise, consider also best grinding areas are heavily contested, levelling gets a bit harder/time consuming, therefore should give an advantage. 

Here comes the problem: with the actual game mechanics, any lvl can stay nearly everywhere, if I'm in a 56+ area, I imply other 56+ are around, the wrong one is the lvl 45 wandering in there and doing something stupid that makes me flag and hit. If I go back to lower areas I usually never flag, if I need to just gather, I put on my gatherer clothes and warn "just getting bear blood, screw the ogers", still some kid has to try his luck and flags, then the oneshot is righteous.

Gearwise: gear progression is critical, we need it to keep a game alive, thou it should not be gamebreaking or will kill pvp, in here even if pvp gear was capped at +10, we would still have unbalance (or better say: it won't be fair), because AP's effect scales way better than DP's, dreaming of balance is right, but we have to be pragmatic, korean don't understand that word (IMHO they don't have an heck of idea about what a tank is, but that's just MHO) and Pearl Abyss makes no difference, I've come to think it's a matter of culture, for them being a tank just mean have a trillion hp, when loli sized char can chop 1/3 of it with a single skill... well, asians...

But i dont mind black desert not wanting to be that. I like progression and gear differences, but there should be a limit on how much hardcore players can get in front of the "normal time spenders".

Don't know what to say on BnS, that game left me with a really really sour taste, nice ideas, but all bad implemented, and if I have to name a game with even worse class balance than BDO that's would be straight BnS. If we evaluate it x class (like categories in Boxe), maybe yeah, can be pretty well balanced, but if we mix in classes I can't agree. 

Regarding BDO, I stand my point, ofc the gap given by TET and PEN over PRI/DUO/TRI is huge, but even if they lower it, will it make a difference ? I don't think so, the AP vs DP thing, frankly it's more gamebreaking, but tweaking it would require a full review of all game content, so basically we'll never see it fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Regarding BDO, I stand my point, ofc the gap given by TET and PEN over PRI/DUO/TRI is huge, but even if they lower it, will it make a difference ? I don't think so, the AP vs DP thing, frankly it's more gamebreaking, but tweaking it would require a full review of all game content, so basically we'll never see it fixed.

On top level pvp videos from KR we can see most fights barely last 2-3 seconds once contact is made so it's only going to get worst. I'm thinking Pearl Abyss might work on some mechanics to increase survivability with the Kamasilve update, hopefully not in the form of more iframe or pot spam, but more like people able to soak a bit more damage.

Thing is of all the years i've been playing MMOs, it seems noone ever finds the right balance between faster than light TTK and the horror of unkillable attrition tank snoozefest. Which means if they were ever to increase DP efficiency we might fall from one flaw into another.

1 person likes this

Posted

Took me 5 years playing every day to get top levels and BIS gear

Most games don't even last that long. Playing like half a year with a decent intensity (not nolifing) should be always enough to reach near maxed, it's pretty stupid when most players can't enjoy the endgame until the game is 5 year old outdated f2p shit.

Posted

To some degree I agree. Grinding 10 hours a day to stay up is something I don't put on my "stuff I enjoy" the list. Especially if it's grinding the same dumb retarded meatbag  mobs all the time.

<------- then looks at your guild tag which is the biggest grindfest guild of all ;)

Posted

Go play Counterstrike, stupid pleb.

Posted

But it is the prerogative of the players you oneshot to see you as skilless jerk hiding incompetence behind the gear. And the way the gear works in game you really dont have a leg to stand upon to convince them in opposite.

And it's my right to see those players as idiots who chose to play a genre of game based around gaining strength only to complain about it. Seeing as I play and accept BDO for what it is while they see the game as they want it to be, i have a leg to stand on and they do not. I'm really f-cking sick and tired of listening to players who think their version of game play is the only one that counts.

Wahhh wahhh why isn't my skill the only thing that matters!?! Wahhh!!!! You only beat me because i assume you have better gear Wahhhh!!! Because you might have better gear that makes you skill-less Wahhhh!!! I'mma cry on the forums now, Wahhhh!!

Everyone playing BDO wanting their skill to do it all for them and crying because the game actually takes skill and time/determination/whatever you want to call it are the truly delusional ones. The worst thing about BDO now is that it can take skill and a fat wallet instead. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The main problem I believe is people have this illusion of 'working hard' in BDO. The rng in this game is so brutal and trollish that one can never assume a player worked a certain level to achieve their gear status. A new player could within a few weeks be at the top if rng was on their side. You hear about the people that get orge rings after killing a handful, get crazy drops, enchanting with low fail stacks...

Posted

It would be nice if in RBF everyone was given a flat AP/DP to make things interesting. However nodewars and sieges the people who have put alot of time into the game should have an advantage as owning a node gets the guild alot of money

Posted

ofc the people with bad gear want the good players to get nerfed

gimme a break its not even hard to get a 400+ gs and it dont take no 1000 hours

git gud scrubs go back to dota

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you ever played an MMO before? 

Posted

How to detect that OP is afterall, we know it words. :^) ---

> OP posts something stupid.

>OP complains about something just because he's bad.

>He doesn't want to git gud.

>OP wants thing nerfed.

Might as well plays Hello kitty RPG.

Posted

I agree with op.

Its freaking unfair that i, a skilfull lvl 45 player, to be steamroled by a lvl 59 no lifer noob that cant even combo.

Why do we need lvls. Make lvl 1 to be the cap.

Also, why some classes have advantage over some other classes and are weaker against some other classes? Make only one class. Fudge it! No class at all and no gear. Just a bunch of naked, lvl 1 toons with  sticks that deal 1 dmg. Thats the real pvp.

I mean even in shooter games weapons are unballanced; like i have a pistol and the enemy that 500m away has a sniper rifle. UNFAIR!

Inb4 u tell me that some games have arenas and u dont need to do pve to get ur pvp gear, it still has progression.

Tl;dr: op is playing the wrong game. Have a feeling that even if he played chess he will shout its unballanced cuz the whites start first.

Git gut!

Cant tell if serious...

Posted

Mate pvp in this game is a poor joke

CC is RNG based, no hard ccbreak

Not even talking about gear, even 100% equalized pvp in this game is a joke, it doesn't WORK

This is not a pvp game (the mechanical part is just so bad it's funny) and those who claim it is are indeed, pl3bs

Amen brotha. Combat mechanics in this game are complete garbage.

THIS:

giphy.gif

is the main reason to play BDO

Posted

People who praise ultimate gear grind and luck and "dedication" are usually the bads who think grinding 12 hours a day should make you god tier at PvP. 

Do you know what PvP is ? It's PLAYER VS PLAYER. You earned your gear in pve by farming mobs and that should make you better at PvP ? This is idiotic. 

I'm sick of hearing the word "casual" or bad when it's related to getting gear in this game  Just because some1 has poor RNG and not enough time to farm he is bad and a casual. 

Seriously gear based PvP sucks. I don't think  I can handle this anymore.  I mean like does it even matter anyway ? After the awaken  release  and hype  dies off, this game will be a ghost town.

They created such an amazing skill based combat system just to ruin it behind the gear based Pvap system roflmao. 

TLDR: PvE  plebs who think gear makes them skill full are beyond delusional . 

wrong game man.

BDO is not a PVP game.

it's an MMO with some PVP in it at endgame.

have fun in your PVP MOBAS and PVP FPS.

and how long did you play BnS for if you don't mind me asking.
just asking 'cause I couln'd play more than 2months of that bullshit repetitive arena game.

It would be nice if in RBF everyone was given a flat AP/DP to make things interesting. However nodewars and sieges the people who have put alot of time into the game should have an advantage as owning a node gets the guild alot of money

then nobody even bother fighting open world they just queu for RBF all day and it turns into Bns 2.0.

Hey you don't need to go out of town to get gear ever ! you just queu for RBF it's equalized !!! ( happened in TERA aswell )

1 person likes this

Posted

wrong game man.
BDO is not a PVP game.

it's an MMO with some PVP in it at endgame.

have fun in your PVP MOBAS and PVP FPS.

just asking 'cause I couln'd play more than 2months of that bullshit repetitive arena game.

then nobody even bother fighting open world they just queu for RBF all day and it turns into Bns 2.0.
Hey you don't need to go out of town to get gear ever ! you just queu for RBF it's equalized !!! ( happened in TERA aswell )

Ah but you would need gear to actually grind and get levels, contesting spots with 200 ap/dp wont work. It would offer the true casuals a way to play the game whilst not impacting on the serious face people

Posted

I didnt like the repetion either but what does that have to do with the game being fit for esports?

The arena was while repetive also really competive and challenging (and fun if you dont overdo it)

Posted

Everyone playing BDO wanting their skill to do it all for them

Getting skilled in something takes time and determination indeed. "Wanting their skill to do it all for them"..... and you call others idiots?

ofc the people with bad gear want the good players to get nerfed

Good gear = time+dumb luck =/= good player. Stop being delusional.

2 people like this

Posted

I like PvX games, i spent money in the right game.

You don't like PvX games, you spent money in the wrong game.

Congratulations.

/thread

1 person likes this

Posted

Getting skilled in something takes time and determination indeed. "Wanting their skill to do it all for them"..... and you call others idiots?

What are you trying to say, because it's very unclear to me. 

Good gear = time+dumb luck =/= good player. Stop being delusional.

Good gear = time or fat wallet or dumb luck or good player or some combination.

Posted

What are you trying to say, because it's very unclear to me. 

Good gear = time or fat wallet or dumb luck or good player or some combination.

How did you manage to still not block Kat and her Yes Men wagon, everytime there's a thread like this she will swarm on it with her No True Scotman pvper flag on fire

I mean the girl even compared PKs to rapists back then

You're wasting your time mate

1 person likes this

Posted

How did you manage to still not block Kat and her Yes Men wagon, everytime there's a thread like this she will swarm on it with her No True Scotman pvper flag on fire

I mean the girl even compared PKs to rapists back then

cuz mebe she will be my hot croatian gf 

Posted

Understood, i'll just ignore whatever comes next.

Posted (edited)

Along with a way to pretend defeat is only due to gear, implying at equal gear they would surely win.

Yeah, i mean, people should actually be happy that they get to use a whole selection of free excuses everytime.

Take Kat for example, he/she used to be top tier in every other game EXCEPT this one and we can't even prove it's just a lie.

Edited by Sheranna

Posted (edited)

Yeah, i mean, people should actually be happy that they get to use a whole selection of free excuses everytime.

Take Kat for example, he/she used to be top tier in every other game EXCEPT this one and we can't even prove it's just a lie.

Please quote where I said I was "top tier" anywhere? If anyone its you/muscarine/ginrei circle jerks who claim to be top something something because gear. I only know it does not work in some other games, and obviously that is why you play this one. You are the ones with the excuses the game gives you so just be happy you can finally be "top tier" somewhere and stop spreading lies about those who see through those excuses.

You enjoy having gear crutch and being relevant finally, I understand, just stop being hypocrites and pretending its something else.

Oh and btw @muscarine I have had you on ignore for months now, I would say even someone with your erm "abilities" should have noticed I never answer to your spluttering. But seeing from quotes you still obsess over me and keep mentioning me in every second post you make, dont you think it would be time to let go finally and just, you know, ignore me too?

Edited by Kat

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0