• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kakao/Pearl Abyss Needs to Revisit Thorn Exploit Decision

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It is getting increasingly tougher in this game to determine what is and isn’t an exploit when Kakao/Pearl Abyss makes the ridiculous decision that players using thorn potions to bypass the fort participation rule is not an exploit.

Now we have some of the same players that used the thorn exploit (we all know it absolutely is an exploit so calling it as it is) continuing to use it to influence the outcome of wars they are not qualified to participate in and now also exploiting with level 45 players in a way where their participation has an impact on the outcome of a war with exploiting door levers. Where does this end Kakao/Pearl Abyss?

To ensure the integrity of this game, Kakao/Pearl Abyss needs to take some actions quickly.

The first is to come out and acknowledge that using a level 45 or below character to influence war play and using mechanics to glitch through doors is an exploit.

The second (and not less important) is to revisit the Pearl Abyss decision on thorns not being an exploit when used as they were/are used by Team Legacy and now by Good_Fight.

The Black Desert Online website officially states that only guilds with forts in the war territory may participate in the war:

19. Build a fort within a territory in order to be qualified to participate in Conquest War. The construction of the fort must be 100% completed before the start of Conquest War.

Participation as defined by Webster Dictionary: to take part -to  be involved with others in doing something : to take part in an activity or event with others

Thorns is an exploit when used by players without a fort in the territory that are not qualified to take part in a war who use the thorn potion to exploit around the participation rule allowing them to actively participate when placing themselves in key fighting areas such as forts, outposts, castles and around elephants.

Using thorn potions and blocking entry and exit ways, protecting or impeding the movement of players and elephants, protecting an outpost or other structure or protecting those destroying an outpost or other structures and creating damage to other players is exploiting around the non-participation fort rule as these people are actively participating and impacting the outcome of a war they are not qualified to participate in.  This is an illegal participation exploit of thorns and the previous unusual decision by Pearl Abyss needs to be reversed immediately as it makes the understanding of what is and isn’t an exploit in this game almost indiscernible.

Under the Terms of Use rules of this game exploit is defined as:

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was not intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).

CMs and Kauko/Pearl Abyss need to ask themselves two questions….

1) Was it intended that any player that did not have a fort down in a war territory could actively participate in impeding the movement and progress of other players or elephants in that war, block the damage to other players, structures or elephants in that war, or inflict considerable damage to other players in these active war zones that they are not qualified to participate in?

2) Was it intended that players that did not qualify with a fort down in a war territory could impact the actual outcome of a war they were not qualified to participate in?

If the answer to either of these two questions is no, the decision on the use of thorns as an exploit to bypass the fort participation rule needs to be reversed immediately. 

Edited by realistic1
12 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just please implement the 1 hp for non-participants in node wars or ban them from entering period

Edited by Ironjaw
11 people like this

Posted

please remove node wars from the game 

Posted

Block them from entering the war area... kill them if they are in for longer than 10 seconds, and yes, including xp loss.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just please implement the 1 hp for non-participants in node wars or ban them from entering period

Posted

Plz +1, seriously there are like 5 different ways to grief right now with thorns, opening doors, etc.

Posted

And what is the shenanigans about being able to use non pvp eligible alts in the area to interact with castles?  is this real life?   Do we really want defenders using lowbie accounts to hold onto the door so people cant use them?  or be under the threat of having attackers do the same thing?  can we make sub lvl 45s not be able to interact with siege or gvg equipment?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

While all these suggestions are fine, they likely would not happen overnight.

Kakao could easily make a statement today that the use of thorn ball groups in wars by non-qualified participants is an exploit and we have an immediate semi-remedy until game mechanics like the ones suggested above (which we know could take weeks or months) are put in place. 

Edited by realistic1

Posted

So tired of seeing these threads.ur gonna have to Learn to work around it. Kakao isn't gonna change the mechanics and they already confirmed it's fine and they approve of it. 2 can play at that game tho, try having an outside guild just come in and have them put one mage per one of ur squads and make them heal, or just pot through it. 15 dam is nothing with the new hp values, the issue is the body blocking on chokes. Alternatively u can just have a 5 man gank squad focus on killing the interference, they can't even attack back and put high damage low hit rate classes like valks or sorcs, or even blade or plums with over 190 ap. There's a lot of ways u could go around this.

1 person likes this

Posted

There must be some way also to push back by shaming.  With video evidence so it isn't just flaring.  Right now there isn't a 'need' to win the war you're in other than for the sake of winning - which is extremely valuable to me to be sure.  If a guild is cheating and exploiting to win, 95% of the server population is going to find that very cheezy, and much like the sake of winning is important, being understand to have won by NOT exploiting, once the threat of exposure is real should also become important enough that everyone but the largest asscloswns (and there aren't enough of them) don't want to be associated with the tactic.

Posted (edited)

So tired of seeing these threads.ur gonna have to Learn to work around it. Kakao isn't gonna change the mechanics and they already confirmed it's fine and they approve of it.

You are a perfect example of why games go stagnant and die. A failed mechanic or decision and you are perfectly content with not holding those responsible for correcting what needs to be fixed with your glass half-empty position.

The negative position you hold 'they will never change it' is the same thing I heard on the T5 Conqueror horse scam which they also had officially  'confirmed it was fine' and later DID end up reversing their bad decision and correcting their mistake after months of people with attitudes opposite yours holding them accountable on this forum.

Let me guess, you are/were with a guild that has no issue stooping to really low levels in this game to 'succeed' (term used loosely) like one of the TL guilds, Luciform, Black, Paintrains, Lame_fight..... ;) 

Edited by realistic1
1 person likes this

Posted

You are a perfect example of why games go stagnant and die. A failed mechanic or decision and you are perfectly content with not holding those responsible for correcting what needs to be fixed with your glass half-empty position.

The negative position you hold 'they will never change it' is the same thing I heard on the T5 Conqueror horse scam which they also had officially  'confirmed it was fine' and later DID end up reversing their bad decision and correcting their mistake after months of people with attitudes opposite yours holding them accountable on this forum.

Let me guess, you are/were with a guild that has no issue stooping to really low levels in this game like game to 'succeed' (term used loosely) like one of the TL guilds, Luciform, Black, Paintrains..... ;) 

we can't all be bottomless fountains of hope. Especially not with Daum. They've clearly shown that they don't give a shit about our opinions. 

Posted (edited)

we can't all be bottomless fountains of hope. Especially not with Daum. They've clearly shown that they don't give a shit about our opinions. 

Not asking people to be bottomless fountains of hope, asking people to stand behind items and principles they believe in/agree with. Simple as that.

I provided an example (T5 Conqueror horse) where Daum/PA did give a shit enough to reverse their initial stance on a bad decision after pressure from people that you might generically be labeling bottomless fountains of hope. ;)

Michael (or was it Wayne?) said it best-  "You miss 100% of the shots you never take

Edited by realistic1

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

Dont you get it yet? They dont listen dude. As I said you wont get Kakao to listen to you ever now. 

See above where I provided a legitimate example (T5 Conqueror horse) to disprove this. 

Ignoring the rest of your trolling as it is not applicable to this thread. 

Posted

So tired of seeing these threads.ur gonna have to Learn to work around it. Kakao isn't gonna change the mechanics and they already confirmed it's fine and they approve of it. 2 can play at that game tho, try having an outside guild just come in and have them put one mage per one of ur squads and make them heal, or just pot through it. 15 dam is nothing with the new hp values, the issue is the body blocking on chokes. Alternatively u can just have a 5 man gank squad focus on killing the interference, they can't even attack back and put high damage low hit rate classes like valks or sorcs, or even blade or plums with over 190 ap. There's a lot of ways u could go around this.

You don't think its retarded and broken someone not involved or in a guild involved with the siege war can clip themselves through a keep gate and open it? Had it happen this week on Edan with a guild called Havoc, had several players that just continuously tried to open the gates for the 3 guilds assaulting the keep.... how is that ok?

Posted

You don't think its retarded and broken someone not involved or in a guild involved with the siege war can clip themselves through a keep gate and open it? Had it happen this week on Edan with a guild called Havoc, had several players that just continuously tried to open the gates for the 3 guilds assaulting the keep.... how is that ok?

It's about as broken and/or retarded as standards I've come to expect with most BDO content. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

I would put in a support ticket. Forum moderators yes they will try and help the game move forward in a positive direction but in honesty if these tactics get the attention of the cheating and exploiting section of the support team it is far more likely to be acted on sooner and get to the attention of the people that matter. If you feel passionately about sub level 45 players using gate levers in sieges, put in a ticket. Tired of seeing thorns being used by players without a fort? Report it. If action continues to not be taken on issues that the community brings forward then its time for players to find a developer that listens. 

I've been on break from Black desert for over a month now, and i have to say i am worried when I have the time again to play if it will be worth my time. Shame, it was a ton of fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

You have and will always be a idiot on these forums.  

Haha, I must have hit a trigger, was it when I refused to follow you down the rabbit hole with your previous trolling attempt or perhaps we have interacted on this forum under your previous name? (Pulling out the orange comic sans just for you this time.) ;)

I said Kakao doesnt listen NOT Daum....that t5 change was made after tons of chargebacks from players and when it was DAUM.  

I see you pull shit out of your ass and like to offer it as fact?

As I was directly involved in the T5 Conqueror thread and holding them accountable, I can state with some certainty that the original decision from Daum resulted from continual forum pressure and the reversal of that bad decision from people not giving up in holding them accountable with continued forum pressure -not from chargebacks. 

Doesn't matter if it was Daum or Kakao, the point still stands- holding people accountable for actions and bad decisions is the way to get changes to happen.  

Regarding your suggestion that it was Daum not Kakao on my example (not that it matters for my point of change occurring with action), I am pretty sure that Daum and Kakao were related before the recent name change. :o

Since Kakao officially took over they have listened to nothing just like you dont listen to anyone but yourself you blowhard lol.

Calling names now? Let me guess, one of the Cuckoo Alliance members?

Looking at your forum name and number of posts, I am guessing you probably hit a ban wave and likely are not even posting or playing in game under whatever name you used in the past so I will extend an olive branch here with a helpful reminder that creating secondary accounts is against the terms of use. ;)

Posted

It is getting increasingly tougher in this game to determine what is and isn’t an exploit when Kakao (then Pearl Abyss?) makes the ridiculous decision that players using thorn potions to bypass the fort participation rule is not an exploit.

Just an FYI, Pearl Abyss still exists as the game designer.  Kakao Games bought Daum and is now the publisher.

This doesn't have anything to do with the post, but it was an eyesore. lol. So it's only an FYI.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tez

Posted

They can make it happen, isn't the 1hp for non participants already in other versions?  We have seen them easily convert the cash shop over with items from other versions.  This shouldnt be any different

Posted

So what, it's an exploit simply because it inconveniences you? Why can't you just do the exact same thing to the person doing it to you? I'd only consider it harmful if only one party can do it. IE using a hack the make you have God mode.

All in all, innovate, learn to work around it and stop b*tching about and asking for every feature you dislike to be removed.

Posted

So what, it's an exploit simply because it inconveniences you? Why can't you just do the exact same thing to the person doing it to you? I'd only consider it harmful if only one party can do it. IE using a hack the make you have God mode.

All in all, innovate, learn to work around it and stop b*tching about and asking for every feature you dislike to be removed.

haha good one. But all joking aside. This thorns things needs to be removed from interfering with node wars. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0