• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Did they Nerf Farming (Sharp/Hard Drop is LOW)

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well I don't think its worth to farm anymore. Not only is it tedious and more time consuming. It also requires a lot of contribution points that can be spend on something else. I know they nerf this so that more people would buy more pearl shop items so that they can spend it on hard/sharp on the market. But this is getting a bit ridiculous and very unethical on their part.

It seems a lot more work than its paying off. Just hit professional 2 days ago and been checking the garden every hour and a half. Didn't get a single hard/sharp yesterday from doing multiple rotation with 8 strong fences. Anyone having any luck with hard/sharp?

All its really doing is making the new players, harder for them to catch up to the gear curve.

Edited by Gumo
1 person likes this

Posted

It seems a lot more work than its paying off. Just hit professional 2 days ago and been farming. Didn't get a single hard/sharp yesterday from doing multiple rotation with 8 strong fences. Anyone having any luck with hard/sharp?

I don't even know why they would nerf it in the first place. All its doing is making it harder for new players to get to the top. Its already impossible as it is.

Why do you think they nerfed it? At Artisan 6 on main and Artisan 1 on 2 alts I can tell you that 800 energy spent every day can yield between 0-10 shards. Sometimes I go 2 days in a row and get nothing, some days I get 4 in the first 100 energy. 

It's just RNG, and you hit a bad luck patch. Be warned this will happen a LOT.

1 person likes this

Posted

10 energy = 4 hard/1sharp from digging.

400 energy = 0 from digging.

RNG is RNG.

1 person likes this

Posted

pro2 is incredibly low, have you even done gathering to even know what the "chance" is before you go around saying its nerfed/changed? 

..forum regulars man.. 

Posted

its really streaky.  We had people making bank doing farming then go through a dry spell for a week or two.  Someone new picks up farming then they make 100 million in a couple days on 4 farms where someone with master farming and 10 farms gets one or two shards a day.

Posted

I'm pretty sure it has been silently nerfed. I play with 2 other people and they've also said its most likely nerfed. We all have not been able to find anything for 2-3 days

Posted

does not feel to me as if it has been nerfed , i have found 18 shards in total from my 10 gardens over the last 2 days , feels perfectly fine to me.

Posted

I know they nerf this so that more people would buy more pearl shop items so that they can spend it on hard/sharp on the market. But this is getting a bit ridiculous and very unethical on their part.

Look up "paranoia".

Posted

I'm pretty sure it has been silently nerfed. I play with 2 other people and they've also said its most likely nerfed. We all have not been able to find anything for 2-3 days

I got 1 sharp and 4 hards last night on 400 energy. Pretty sure you guys don't understand how RNG works, and how streaks of good or bad luck severely change your perception of what the drop rate "should" be in your minds.

Posted

Definitely not nerfed as you so claim OP. TBH I been getting more lately but thats just RNG. It is what it is~

Posted

It's RNG, not nerfed.

Just stop.

Posted

Well I don't think its worth to farm anymore. Not only is it tedious and more time consuming. It also requires a lot of contribution points that can be spend on something else. I know they nerf this so that more people would buy more pearl shop items so that they can spend it on hard/sharp on the market. But this is getting a bit ridiculous and very unethical on their part.

It seems a lot more work than its paying off. Just hit professional 2 days ago and been checking the garden every hour and a half. Didn't get a single hard/sharp yesterday from doing multiple rotation with 8 strong fences. Anyone having any luck with hard/sharp?

All its really doing is making the new players, harder for them to catch up to the gear curve.

315 energy got me this

https://puu.sh/qLGm8/dddc0376e4.png

rates seem fine, they have been pretty consistent for me since shards were introduced. I did go through a dry spell, but hey.

Posted

I'm also on a dry run, but some guildies are as lucky as before.

I believe nothing changed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't care about shards I just want the super awesome twigs. I now have 32k of them ^.^ I plan to make a twig house and invite my 8k caterpillars to a garden party.

Art 10 farming currently. I think the pruning shard drop rate might be a little lower, but they definitely buffed the debugging shard drop rate to compensate. Debugging previously gave like 1 shard every 1.5-2k caterpillars now its every 300-400 caterpillars.

1 person likes this

Posted

Definitely nerfed for me at least. It's sad...

Posted

Probly shifted the probability. Since you can just shovel those stones. 

I wish theres better chance for actual gathering thats not auto but it feels like its like 1 switch

Posted

I gotten 13 shards with 1096 energy on 3 characters a few days ago. Don't think it was nerfed but it is RNG based.

Posted (edited)

I really feel like they nerfed the drop rate of shards you get while farming crops since the last patch. I usually get 4-5 hard every day and at least 1 sharp. Yesterday and the day before, I got less than usual, and today, I got none even though I farmed all day.

I know it's most likely just RNG and all, but I can't help feeling that farming has somewhat been nerfed. And I'm not the only one suddenly experiencing a dry spell.

(Btw, I'm pro 4 in farming, and I have 10 slots fences x 5.)

Edited by Lethanael

Posted

I really feel like they nerfed the drop rate of shards you get while farming crops since the last patch. I usually get 4-5 hard every day and at least 1 sharp. Yesterday and the day before, I got less than usual, and today, I got none even though I farmed all day.

I know it's most likely just RNG and all, but I can't help feeling that farming has somewhat been nerfed. And I'm not the only one suddenly experiencing a dry spell.

(Btw, I'm pro 4 in farming, and I have 10 slots fences x 5.)

i come back to the game just for try again ...3 days farming 1 hard 7 fence x 6 = get pissed off ,bye Bye is real now ...

Posted

Thousands of energy without shards as well... It used to be 1/250 energy (around 400 attempts)...

Posted

i come back to the game just for try again ...3 days farming 1 hard 7 fence x 6 = get pissed off ,bye Bye is real now ...

Good bye, looks like you can't handle RNG

I don't do farming, I do sheep skinning, you get varied results as you do with RNG you can get a flood or nothing or in between I've had all three happen 

Posted (edited)

I for example dont do it just for the Shards but to get my cooking materials / Alchstone polish materials and the shards are just a little bonus to that ;) Artisan 1 farming ...

Edited by Shaya

Posted

does not feel to me as if it has been nerfed , i have found 18 shards in total from my 10 gardens over the last 2 days , feels perfectly fine to me.

You stealing from the neighbours again? oO

Posted

read the item's description before making a post

"how to obtain: this item has an extremely low chance of being obtained through any type of gathering."