• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

~ Character Class Change Voucher ~

What would the current interest from the community be of "Class Change Vouchers"   183 votes

1. 1. What would the current interest from the community be of "Class Change Vouchers"

• Yes, I would be interested
    • No, I am not Interested

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to request a cash shop item that changes your selected character's class into another selected class. Maintaining Level, Exp %, Life Skills Exp and Combat skill points and proceeding to give you 1 opportunity to change its physical characteristic as you create this new class. EDIT: Including weight and inventory slots obtained. 

The item can cost between 3000 and 4000 pearls or 8000-10,000 loyalty and is marketable.

Thank you.

EDIT: From all the feedback 2 main points stand-out from the community:

1. Costumes transfer is a delicate subject, GM intervention is most likely impossible or would be slow considering the possible amount of purchases.
  2. Class change could be exploited by changing constantly to new classes

- Costume Issue End State: 

Costumes could be transferred but highly doubtful, if they are NOT, it should be under the close consideration of the player doing the class change to decide whether to proceed or not with the transfer but this would still give a player the oppurtunity .Although, the now easy access to costumes via the market place slightly mitigates this, as the prices for each are relatively cheap.

- Multiple Class change Issue End State: 

Perhaps limit the use of the voucher in question to single use per character, this would make the player take serious consideration on his /her choice, This was brought up due to the concern of exploiting different classes, perhaps swapping back and forth. Although, a player willing to purchase it multiple times, is a player willing to pay for it multiple times, this player would also have to purchase new in-game items every time but as mentioned perhaps limit this to a single use per character

EDIT: There seems quite a few people against the addition of this item, what are the possible issues that made you vote "No" that you might foresee with these? Please leave any feedback, cheers~

Edited by Kalara
1 person likes this

Posted

would it change all your gear to gear appropriate for that class? n ur costumes? 

This is a good idea tho. Daum should add this and then nerf the shit out of classes every 2 weeks or so. that way they could rake in the cash from people swapping classes every 2 weeks.

6 people like this

Posted

You might as well request that the weapon and secondary, gets class switch too. Oh and costumes.

1 person likes this

Posted

would it change all your gear to gear appropriate for that class? n ur costumes? 

This is a good idea tho. Daum should add this and then nerf the shit out of classes every 2 weeks or so. that way they could rake in the cash from people swapping classes every 2 weeks.

You might as well request that the weapon and secondary, gets class switch too. Oh and costumes.

Completely agree with both suggestions but from the company's standing point it might be detrimental, since selling new sets of costumes might be profitable. Although, simply selling these would increase their income, I suppose they would have to weight in both side, perhaps offering these changes as well might prompt more players to purchasing them overall.

As for the weapons, I am sure it can be possible although this way it might also increase in-game market sales as players will want to purchase new gear, perhaps increase overall gear availability on markets and constant influx of them.

Posted (edited)

I feel like this system would be open to exploitation. What would stop me from farming points and exp on Ranger in PvE then swapping back to a much harder class to level such as Warrior. I think people who have invested in their class should not have their progress belittled for the sake of convenience. An alternate solution would be to limit it to one use per character, that way you cannot exploit the system and reap the benefits. It will also bring people to put serious thought before swapping. I think the closest you'll get is the life skill EXP transfer coupons but that's strictly for life skills and is not available here from my knowledge. 

Edited by Lugh
3 people like this

Posted

Not all classes have the same costumes available. It would be too much of a headache for PA to want to take on I'm sure.

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel like this system would be open to exploitation. What would stop me from farming points and exp on Ranger in PvE then swapping back to a much harder class to level such as Warrior. I think people who have invested in their class should not have their progress belittled for the sake of convenience. An alternate solution would be to limit it to one use per character, that way you cannot exploit the system and reap the benefits. It will also bring people to put serious thought before swapping. I think the closest you'll get is the life skill EXP transfer coupons but that's strictly for life skills and is not available here from my knowledge. 

I understand your point and agree, although what some players find difficult is relative but having it as a single use might be a good idea. Aye, I know about the life skill transfer items, perhaps eventually. Although, even if as you said perhaps you play a ranger, which has an advantage in attacking large groups and then proceed to switching to a warrior, I'm considering that whichever class the player chooses, they still had to invest countless hours into which ever they were originally.

Posted

Yes please! 

Not that i want to change class, but awakening force a totally new class playstyle on everyone, you should have the oppotunity to pick once again once the awakenings are out. 

1 person likes this

Posted

release it after all awakenings are out :)

I know what you're up to. No way us warriors will let u in on the fun when us OG Warriors spent the honest effort to level this shit class up. ----- u Rangers.

3 people like this

Posted

Not all classes have the same costumes available. It would be too much of a headache for PA to want to take on I'm sure.

That is true and costumes was also one of the points brought up above. Either the costumes could be swapped for something else, which I find a little hard to believe the company would be interested in that but perhaps. The other option would be to not swap any of the costumes, which the player would have into consideration before switching classes, perhaps they don't want to pay for another set of costumes, which is a fair point. Although, this addition of a voucher might still be viable for player that simply want to play something else without having to invest another considerable amount of time. What does help the costume point, is that they are available on the market, which might alleviate this a little. 

Yes please! 

Not that i want to change class, but awakening force a totally new class playstyle on everyone, you should have the oppotunity to pick once again once the awakenings are out. 

I know what you're up to. No way us warriors will let u in on the fun when us OG Warriors spent the honest effort to level this shit class up. ----- u Rangers.

Good points, some people might not like their awakenings, even though they invested considerable amounts of time in their character. Giving them the option might just breath some life back into the game as players try out new paths?

Posted

Agree 100% with this. It's why I voted no.

Posted

This is way over Kakao's head.

Posted (edited)

I think it would be a lot more wise to have instead a coupon that would let you swap all your secondary stats (life skills, training, etc) with another character's.

I think they have something like this in KR but it only swaps 1 life skill, and it's expensive af.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

No, no, no! We already have enough people rerolling for flavor of the month. No need to make it any easier.

Posted

XXDD laughed so hard here

Posted

~ nah ~

1 person likes this

Posted

Agree 100% with this. It's why I voted no.

Perhaps with having the limitation of a single use this could be averted

This is way over Kakao's head.

Probably right lol, as adding this might make their glace overflow even more. Although, I would still be for the possibilities with the item.

I think it would be a lot more wise to have instead a coupon that would let you swap all your secondary stats (life skills, training, etc) with another character's.

I think they have something like this in KR but it only swaps 1 life skill, and it's expensive af.

There is, as it has been mentioned previously there are items released in KR version of the game that make it possible to swap the LIFE EXP from one character to another

Posted

No, I think its a bad idea. People will just pay to play the most favored class at each time. Its just furthering the creeping pay to win mechanics.

Posted (edited)

No, no, no! We already have enough people rerolling for flavor of the month. No need to make it any easier.

I suppose so but perhaps not now but what about in the future, when people are playing characters in the 70s and 80 ranges (or even 60s). Perhaps open the possibilities to a player to refresh and renew? 

No, I think its a bad idea. People will just pay to play the most favored class at each time. Its just furthering the creeping pay to win mechanics.

What would you think of single use? limited to 1 class change per character?

Edited by Kalara

Posted

EDIT: There seems quite a few people against the addition of this item, what are the possible issues that made you vote "No" that you might foresee with these? 

I voted no because there's at least one obvious issue and I'm sure there are quite a few problems that I missed. One issue would be class specific costumes not having direct correlations with other costumes of other classes (for example, Gotha Rensa is a costume only berserkers and rangers have access to on the KR server even).

That's an issue that could potentially be solved via GM intervention I suppose, but these vouchers and coupons are supposed to be semi-automatic. As in you purchase the voucher/coupon, use it, and after the next maintenance it takes effect. 

Posted

at this point just delete all the class and link the classes to the weapon you equip.

hell at this point just re-code all of BDO to include 5-10-20 and 40 mans instanced raids.

hell at this point just rename it Desert of Warcraft

-Sizer

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

at this point just delete all the class and link the classes to the weapon you equip.

hell at this point just re-code all of BDO to include 5-10-20 and 40 mans instanced raids.

hell at this point just rename it Desert of Warcraft

-Sizer

Very constructive thank you. In no way did we discuss revamping BDO's overall game mechanics. Simply the addition of a item for player convenience. Which changes practically nothing, considering you simply could invest your time in leveling multiple characters to your liking for the same end result. This is a purchase of convenience for perhaps encouraging further game-play which can sometimes get bland, in a new refreshed play style, 

I voted no because there's at least one obvious issue and I'm sure there are quite a few problems that I missed. One issue would be class specific costumes not having direct correlations with other costumes of other classes (for example, Gotha Rensa is a costume only berserkers and rangers have access to on the KR server even).

That's an issue that could potentially be solved via GM intervention I suppose, but these vouchers and coupons are supposed to be semi-automatic. As in you purchase the voucher/coupon, use it, and after the next maintenance it takes effect. 

What about removing that option? You would change class and in no way your costumes would transfer over. Of course you would be wasting those costumes but that would be under the close consideration of the player making the decision, having costumes now accessible on the market and for such low prices, somewhat mitigates this. GM intervention is probably out of the question, unless they are ready for hundreds of transfers, which I doubt that very much.

Edited by Kalara

Posted

So that everyone could switch to the flavor of the month class, every month when one class is nerfed? Yeah no.

Posted

never going to happen  for less than 29.99$

Posted

Interesting idea, but a logistical nightmare.

I really doubt PA would be willing to put in all of this work and have these coupons cost less than $50 at minimum.

and getting your costumes swapped/refunded?  

I'm a bit of an idealist, but even I think it's ridiculous to expect that