• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What they could ruin more, after the awakening?

100 posts in this topic

Posted

There are many threads how to make the game better, most suggestions are pointless as the people just ask to make Black Desert alike another game. But I think we can be optimistic. It is hard to imagine how the game may become worse. I think the so called awakening will be the bottom. What Daum could ruin more?

The PvE? Even if it will become easier with the awakening, it is so easy and boring now, that will change nothing. More time demanding grind will not have a significant effect for the most of the players, and who cares about the solo nolifers? I do not.

The PvP? Even if it will be forbidden or completely instanced, it is hard to become worse. Now we have friendly pointless duels, and friendly pointless zerg, where the players just show who has bigger... 'gear'. Probably the only PvP left are the sieges, so yes, they could be ruined more. With the awakening the PvP will become a one hit combat, because of the insane damage, and completely disbalanced in favor of the awakened classes. But anyway it never was balanced.

The rewards? RNG is terrible. Even more RNG will change nothing to the average player.

The immersion? After the pink horses, maids, tuxedos and marine romance suit, it is really hard to be ruined more. Well the new weapons will add more manga - big swords, big spears, and other big things - the moto is enlarge your weapon. There will be Pegasus - a horse with pointless wings. But honestly nothing can be worse than the pink maid uniform. Why they created a Mediterranean landmark from early 16 century if their intention was to add manga weapons and characters is one of the big mysteries of the universe.

So, in conclusion, I think after the awakening is implemented, the game can only become better.

2 people like this

Posted

Before i will read this, its Pearl Abyss and not Daum.

3 people like this

Posted

Before i will read this, its Pearl Abyss and not Daum.

No, Pearl Abyss is just a developer. Daum pay the bills.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, Pearl Abyss is just a developer. Daum pay the bills.

and PA has the last word, kakao just publish it.

2 people like this

Posted

The only thing Daum/Kakao can screw up after awakening release, is not upgrading their server infrastructure (which is bad to begin with)... All of other ------ups will be completely PA's fault...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

and PA has the last word, kakao just publish it.

Probably you are a teenager who thinks the parents are powerless, but try to live without their money :) Seriously, did you watch the last interviews with PA? It is amazing, but they do no talk how proud they are with the new costumes and awakened classes.

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted

See, the worst question you can possibly ask is "How can things get worse?"  Because it can ALWAYS, ALWAYS get worse.

And just off the top of my head to stay on topic.  We have new lands coming after the Valencia 3 update, as well as a new class.  They could be delayed a long time after they're released here.  Or released broken or buggy.  Or some glitch with playing the new class causes all your data on your other classes to get erased and there's no way to restore anyone.  Essentially wiping all progress from all players.

It can always be worse :ph34r:

Posted

I have some ideas how could kakao piss off players even more, with possible excuses for those changes

1. Remove relics from fishing (its anomaly because books and scrolls can be obtained by grinding mobs only)

2. Nerf all mob drops except valencian. So profitability grinding those will be equal or worse than valencian mobs. (solved problem with unattractive valencian mobs)

Posted

The only thing Daum/Kakao can screw up after awakening release, is not upgrading their server infrastructure (which is bad to begin with)... All of other ------ups will be completely PA's fault...

In every such a relation, not only this, but every deal among a publisher and developer, the publisher has the last word, because he has the money. I mean, do not blame the developer for the ruining of ArcheAge. They had great ideas, but the marketing department of Trion had even greater business plans.

See, the worst question you can possibly ask is "How can things get worse?"  Because it can ALWAYS, ALWAYS get worse.

And just off the top of my head to stay on topic.  We have new lands coming after the Valencia 3 update, as well as a new class.  They could be delayed a long time after they're released here.  Or released broken or buggy.  Or some glitch with playing the new class causes all your data on your other classes to get erased and there's no way to restore anyone.  Essentially wiping all progress from all players.

It can always be worse :ph34r:

Well, these are comparatively minor issues. Be more optimistic. Also the wiping is not a bad idea in general, it will allow them to fix everything in the game.

Posted

Probably you are a teenager who thinks the parents are powerless, but try to live without their money :) Seriously, did you watch the last interviews with PA? It is amazing, but they do no talk how proud they are with the new costumes and awakened classes.

i earn my own money but thanks for the advise, dad.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm happy with the game right now and excited about the expansions to come.  You can never please everyone but this game sure pleases me.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are many threads how to make the game better, most suggestions are pointless as the people just ask to make Black Desert alike another game. But I think we can be optimistic. It is hard to imagine how the game may become worse. I think the so called awakening will be the bottom. What Daum could ruin more?

The PvE? Even if it will become easier with the awakening, it is so easy and boring now, that will change nothing. More time demanding grind will not have a significant effect for the most of the players, and who cares about the solo nolifers? I do not.

The PvP? Even if it will be forbidden or completely instanced, it is hard to become worse. Now we have friendly pointless duels, and friendly pointless zerg, where the players just show who has bigger... 'gear'. Probably the only PvP left are the sieges, so yes, they could be ruined more. With the awakening the PvP will become a one hit combat, because of the insane damage, and completely disbalanced in favor of the awakened classes. But anyway it never was balanced.

The rewards? RNG is terrible. Even more RNG will change nothing to the average player.

The immersion? After the pink horses, maids, tuxedos and marine romance suit, it is really hard to be ruined more. Well the new weapons will add more manga - big swords, big spears, and other big things - the moto is enlarge your weapon. There will be Pegasus - a horse with pointless wings. But honestly nothing can be worse than the pink maid uniform. Why they created a Mediterranean landmark from early 16 century if their intention was to add manga weapons and characters is one of the big mysteries of the universe.

So, in conclusion, I think after the awakening is implemented, the game can only become better.

So... the PvE sucks. The PvP sucks. The rewards suck. The immersion sucks.

And yet, you are here.

So you're a masochist, a drama queen, an idiot, or a nattering nabob of negativity.

Which is it?

9 people like this

Posted

In every such a relation, not only this, but every deal among a publisher and developer, the publisher has the last word, because he has the money. I mean, do not blame the developer for the ruining of ArcheAge. They had great ideas, but the marketing department of Trion had even greater business plans.

Well, these are comparatively minor issues. Be more optimistic. Also the wiping is not a bad idea in general, it will allow them to fix everything in the game.

I agree, except for the wipe.  I don't think I could handle losing all my progress.  I have horrible luck with drops and enchantments, I don't see it being any easier starting from scratch.  

I'm pretty optimistic :)   I think with awakenings out of the way the'll be able to put more energy into fixing issues and improving on what we have.  I'd love some meaningful pve.  Something adventurous and not just a grind. PA proved they could do fun boss fights with Belmourn and the Mediah questline end boss, we need more of that.

And, ignore the rude people who have nothing to offer but name calling and negativity, >_> It'll just detract from the thread. :)

Posted

So... the PvE sucks. The PvP sucks. The rewards suck. The immersion sucks.

And yet, you are here.

So you're a masochist, a drama queen, an idiot, or a nattering nabob of negativity.

Which is it?

I'm  just the best player :)

Posted

I'm  just the best player :)

Source?

Posted

i earn my own money but thanks for the advise, dad.

I was joking, but it seems you are really a teenager. Calm down, I'm not your dad :)

Posted (edited)

I was under the impression that Daum is a subsidiary of Pearl Abyss and answers to their whims. Ever notice in some of the recent announcements how Daum/Kakao doesn't point to themselves as coming up with the decision but that it's all Pearl Abyss's idea? Anyways, your logic is faulty as -----. Just because the implementation of Awakenings won't negatively impact the game does not signify that the game will magically become better. After all, your title specifically asks about what more Daum could do. Well, for one, they could stop listening to the community and just freely port over KR cash shop to our version without consideration for demographics and marketing. Oh wait...

Edited by Kalade
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm happy with the game right now and excited about the expansions to come.  You can never please everyone but this game sure pleases me.

Here is one more guy who thinks the game cannot become worse. We, the optimists, shall support each other.

Source?

It is just an obvious fact.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

It is just an obvious fact.

Please provide some evidence for this "fact".

Posted

Please provide some evidence for this "fact".

As it is a fact it does not need evidences - fact is a thing that is known or proved to be true. But you can use that fact as an evidence, whenever you want. Just point - Ikcen is the best player :)

Posted

I like it. Spend my days looking and testing more ways to make money. Badger my giant workers to work faster when I meet them on the road. Drag the PPLLEASE HELP ME woman to Bheg spawn when he's up. Stalk my buddies and take pictures of them, grind on the weekends. Make humongous amounts of elixers every day. Trade my crates, look after the farms. Visit little takers while they're sleeping. Only thing that could be done to ruin my day is to shut down the game :3

Posted (edited)

I like it. Spend my days looking and testing more ways to make money. Badger my giant workers to work faster when I meet them on the road. Drag the PPLLEASE HELP ME woman to Bheg spawn when he's up. Stalk my buddies and take pictures of them, grind on the weekends. Make humongous amounts of elixers every day. Trade my crates, look after the farms. Visit little takers while they're sleeping. Only thing that could be done to ruin my day is to shut down the game :3

Who cares what you like? Not to mention you do not play a MMO, so you are a wrong person in a wrong game. Anyway, the question here is could Daum ruin it more? If the only way they can ruin it is to shut down the game, you obviously will like by presumption anything they could do, which is literally absurd.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted (edited)

some kids are just ez to please :)

Edited by MoZex

Posted

Sometimes I don't think players like you really think before you post or even purchase a game to play. I means lets break down your whiney post.

PVE-it was never hard, I mean right out of the gate this game offered mindless blowing up of mobs the fun was your ability animations and the massive piles of carnage you could do. It was never challenging or hard so I don;t understand how you can whine it could be worse or it has gotten easier since it was never hard at most a few places simply had stat/gear checks. I mean you ever play an MMO before? Its the same shit over and over, kill a bunch of mobs, do trivial quests, noting much is truly a challenge beyond a time sink, that said I think BDO really made a major error in game design when they decided against having traditional dungeon hunting with unique encounters and such because the combat is exceptional and well suited for it.

PVP-what pvp are you pretending ever existed? It was always pointless and in literally every mmo i have every played it was always pointless and at best it was player killing rarely actually pvp, oh hey i am higher level and better gear i will "pvp you" its a joke, much like the players like you who pretend it ever has any real merit in any game. At the best pvp in an mmo becomes some sort of alternative "leveling treadmill" like in DAOC but still degrades to basic cyber bullying organized groups hunt down pick up groups they know they still stomp solo players run around finding easiest sure win fights they can etc...but in the end for BDO the pvp was never good, it never had meaning, rewards or consequences so why act like it got worse? Oh your one of those people who thought pking someone in inferior gear was "pvp" right?

The rewards - Ya this game is lacking in loot its the typical Korean enhance the same old loot type of system, it never got worse it is what it is and always has been, you just kill alot of stuff occasionally you get lucky and get a "drop" but for the most part you just make the gold you buy someone else RNG drop they dont need and keep plusing up your gear on this exponential curve.

Immersion - Ok you see the odd pink horse but really for the most part the game world is incredibly immersive and well designed. sure some of the costumes are a bit off beat I personally dont really care as the game is incredibly visually rich compared to most any other mmo to start with, atleast i am not some cartoony looking gnome like in wow with some cheesy low budget animation.

so in the end have your own opinion but it just seems silly its like buying a bicycle and then complaining the seat is uncomfortable, you have to pedal, and you get wet when it rains....its a bike no kidding why did you expect a car ride when you bought a bicycle lol.

Posted (edited)

Who cares what you like?

Right back at you.

If the game is 'ruined' (you mentioned it like 15 times in your post and I know you are the type of person that will count exactly how many times you wrote "ruined" to prove me wrong).

If you want hard PvE, play Dark Souls. I don't think it would be beneficial for a game to require a full party to take down a group of mobs (because that is what I consider hard PvE). Considering the high exp requirement, the game would be dead within 2 weeks.  

Should I expect mail from your lawyer? Because you will sue me for disagreeing with you, right?

Edited by FliP
1 person likes this