• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What they could ruin more, after the awakening?

100 posts in this topic

Posted

As it is a fact it does not need evidences - fact is a thing that is known or proved to be true. But you can use that fact as an evidence, whenever you want. Just point - Ikcen is the best player :)

I used "fact" in quotes because it is not a fact. Your statement was and is still an opinion and using what you just said as the source would be silly because you are not an authoritative source on the best players of BDO. Please provide the evidence that statistically supports the claim you are the "best player".

Posted

I used "fact" in quotes because it is not a fact. Your statement was and is still an opinion and using what you just said as the source would be silly because you are not an authoritative source on the best players of BDO. Please provide the evidence that statistically suports the claim you are the "best player".

Your statement that it is not a fact is only a subjective opinion. Shall I prove that sun is shining? I'm the best player, period ;)

Posted

So... the PvE sucks. The PvP sucks. The rewards suck. The immersion sucks.

And yet, you are here.

So you're a masochist, a drama queen, an idiot, or a nattering nabob of negativity.

Which is it?

Add the delusion of grandeur and trying to dictate everyone how to play or else insults. 

2 people like this

Posted

If you think that will be the bottom or things couldn't get much worse, your a newb.  In every perfect sense of the word.  You are new and know very little about how bad it can get.

Posted

Your statement that it is not a fact is only a subjective opinion. Shall I prove that sun is shining? I'm the best player, period ;)

The fact is I am a better player than you, so it is impossible you are the best player.

Posted

Your statement that it is not a fact is only a subjective opinion.

And? I never claimed my statement was a fact.

I'm the best player, period ;)

Please provide the evidence that statistically supports the claim you are the "best player".

Posted (edited)

Sometimes I don't think players like you really think before you post or even purchase a game to play. I means lets break down your whiney post.

PVE-it was never hard, I mean right out of the gate this game offered mindless blowing up of mobs the fun was your ability animations and the massive piles of carnage you could do. It was never challenging or hard so I don;t understand how you can whine it could be worse or it has gotten easier since it was never hard at most a few places simply had stat/gear checks. I mean you ever play an MMO before? Its the same shit over and over, kill a bunch of mobs, do trivial quests, noting much is truly a challenge beyond a time sink, that said I think BDO really made a major error in game design when they decided against having traditional dungeon hunting with unique encounters and such because the combat is exceptional and well suited for it.

PVP-what pvp are you pretending ever existed? It was always pointless and in literally every mmo i have every played it was always pointless and at best it was player killing rarely actually pvp, oh hey i am higher level and better gear i will "pvp you" its a joke, much like the players like you who pretend it ever has any real merit in any game. At the best pvp in an mmo becomes some sort of alternative "leveling treadmill" like in DAOC but still degrades to basic cyber bullying organized groups hunt down pick up groups they know they still stomp solo players run around finding easiest sure win fights they can etc...but in the end for BDO the pvp was never good, it never had meaning, rewards or consequences so why act like it got worse? Oh your one of those people who thought pking someone in inferior gear was "pvp" right?

The rewards - Ya this game is lacking in loot its the typical Korean enhance the same old loot type of system, it never got worse it is what it is and always has been, you just kill alot of stuff occasionally you get lucky and get a "drop" but for the most part you just make the gold you buy someone else RNG drop they dont need and keep plusing up your gear on this exponential curve.

Immersion - Ok you see the odd pink horse but really for the most part the game world is incredibly immersive and well designed. sure some of the costumes are a bit off beat I personally dont really care as the game is incredibly visually rich compared to most any other mmo to start with, atleast i am not some cartoony looking gnome like in wow with some cheesy low budget animation.

so in the end have your own opinion but it just seems silly its like buying a bicycle and then complaining the seat is uncomfortable, you have to pedal, and you get wet when it rains....its a bike no kidding why did you expect a car ride when you bought a bicycle lol.

I cannot understand what exactly do you want to say? Could the game become worse or it could not?

And? I never claimed my statement was a fact.

Please provide the evidence that statistically supports the claim you are the "best player".

Please provide some evidence that statically supports I'm not the best. If you can't obviously I'm the best player.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Doesn't it get boring to hate on a game since December 2014? You're aware that'll never turn out to be the game you like, right?

[...] the moto is enlarge your weapon

Elven Sword and Iron Buster are smaller than the previous weapon. Same goes for the unreleased weapons of Wizard/Witch.

Celestial Stick, Mushindo and Crescent Petal are all normal sized weapons. A Sickel can easily be man-size, though it's usually a tool and not a weapon, but it could be abused as such.

Surado are simply six swords, and unlike manga/anime, he isn't using more than two at the same time. Kunoichis awakening isn't oversized either, but definitely unusual. 

The oversized ones would be the Great Sword and the Lancia, of which the latter one is usually between 2 and 3,5 meters long (certain types apparently go up to 8 meter length), so that is still normally sized for a lance.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please provide some evidence that statically supports I'm not the best.

I'm not making a claim, I am asking you to prove yours. It's on you to prove your claim.

Posted

I'm not making a claim, I am asking you to prove yours. It's on you to prove your claim.

But it is not a claim, it is a fact :)

Posted

But it is not a claim, it is a fact :)

claim, verb, 1. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof. (Source)

How is it not a claim?

Posted

There are many threads how to make the game better, most suggestions are pointless as the people just ask to make Black Desert alike another game. But I think we can be optimistic. It is hard to imagine how the game may become worse. I think the so called awakening will be the bottom. What Daum could ruin more?

The PvE? Even if it will become easier with the awakening, it is so easy and boring now, that will change nothing. More time demanding grind will not have a significant effect for the most of the players, and who cares about the solo nolifers? I do not.

The PvP? Even if it will be forbidden or completely instanced, it is hard to become worse. Now we have friendly pointless duels, and friendly pointless zerg, where the players just show who has bigger... 'gear'. Probably the only PvP left are the sieges, so yes, they could be ruined more. With the awakening the PvP will become a one hit combat, because of the insane damage, and completely disbalanced in favor of the awakened classes. But anyway it never was balanced.

The rewards? RNG is terrible. Even more RNG will change nothing to the average player.

The immersion? After the pink horses, maids, tuxedos and marine romance suit, it is really hard to be ruined more. Well the new weapons will add more manga - big swords, big spears, and other big things - the moto is enlarge your weapon. There will be Pegasus - a horse with pointless wings. But honestly nothing can be worse than the pink maid uniform. Why they created a Mediterranean landmark from early 16 century if their intention was to add manga weapons and characters is one of the big mysteries of the universe.

So, in conclusion, I think after the awakening is implemented, the game can only become better.

PA not Daum.

Why not just quit instead of complaining about anything and everything you can? Surely you dont enjoy playing the game that much if you have so many issues with many of the games features/mechanics.

Posted

Doesn't it get boring to hate on a game since December 2014? You're aware that'll never turn out to be the game you like, right?

Elven Sword and Iron Buster are smaller than the previous weapon. Same goes for the unreleased weapons of Wizard/Witch.

Celestial Stick, Mushindo and Crescent Petal are all normal sized weapons. A Sickel can easily be man-size, though it's usually a tool and not a weapon, but it could be abused as such.

Surado are simply six swords, and unlike manga/anime, he isn't using more than two at the same time. Kunoichis awakening isn't oversized either, but definitely unusual. 

The oversized ones would be the Great Sword and the Lancia, of which the latter one is usually between 2 and 3,5 meters long (certain types apparently go up to 8 meter length), so that is still normally sized for a lance.

Elven Sword and Iron Buster are bigger than the dagger. Sickel is a really big thing too. Surado are simply six swords - simply, really? Kunoichi becomes a hoop dancer with really enormous hoop. It cannot be more manga. Wait... it can be, if all are dressed in maid uniforms, sailor girl shirts and tuxedos. But they are :) Just amazing.

Also the question here is could Daum make the game worse. So please get back to the topic.

PA not Daum.

Why not just quit instead of complaining about anything and everything you can? Surely you dont enjoy playing the game that much if you have so many issues with many of the games features/mechanics.

A simple question - could Daum make the game worse? Is it very complicated for you?

Posted (edited)

A simple question - could Daum make the game worse? Is it very complicated for you?

Daum could make it worse by not upgrading the servers. That is all since its PA that get the last say in what is added.

Now would you like to answer my question? :)

****I cant delete this -----ing picture****

Edited by KFC

Posted

claim, verb, 1. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof. (Source)

How is it not a claim?

But as it is a fact, it does not need evidence or proof. By asking for evidence you actually claim it is not fact. As I claim nothing, just point the fact, you shall provide some proofs for your claim it is not.

Posted

There are many threads how to make the game better, most suggestions are pointless as the people just ask to make Black Desert alike another game. But I think we can be optimistic. It is hard to imagine how the game may become worse. I think the so called awakening will be the bottom. What Daum could ruin more?

The PvE? Even if it will become easier with the awakening, it is so easy and boring now, that will change nothing. More time demanding grind will not have a significant effect for the most of the players, and who cares about the solo nolifers? I do not.

The PvP? Even if it will be forbidden or completely instanced, it is hard to become worse. Now we have friendly pointless duels, and friendly pointless zerg, where the players just show who has bigger... 'gear'. Probably the only PvP left are the sieges, so yes, they could be ruined more. With the awakening the PvP will become a one hit combat, because of the insane damage, and completely disbalanced in favor of the awakened classes. But anyway it never was balanced.

The rewards? RNG is terrible. Even more RNG will change nothing to the average player.

The immersion? After the pink horses, maids, tuxedos and marine romance suit, it is really hard to be ruined more. Well the new weapons will add more manga - big swords, big spears, and other big things - the moto is enlarge your weapon. There will be Pegasus - a horse with pointless wings. But honestly nothing can be worse than the pink maid uniform. Why they created a Mediterranean landmark from early 16 century if their intention was to add manga weapons and characters is one of the big mysteries of the universe.

So, in conclusion, I think after the awakening is implemented, the game can only become better.

Well, think a bit further: After Awakening, releasing the whole Map and some new classes - you will have ultimate gear, awakening and you will wave seen everything. Many high level player also will be on same level as you. Then you all will probably get so bored because there will be nothing new. No progress, no higher gear and no challenge. O.o

Posted

Daum could make it worse by not upgrading the servers. That is all since its PA that get the last say in what is added.

Now would you like to answer my question :)

I did already. Simply I'm the best player :)

So you think the publisher cannot change the game?

Well, think a bit further: After Awakening, releasing the whole Map and some new classes - you will have ultimate gear, awakening and you will wave seen everything. Many high level player also will be on same level as you. Then you all will probably get so bored because there will be nothing new. No progress, no higher gear and no challenge. O.o

Yeah, that will be the bottom. So it can become only better with the next updates :)

Posted

I did already. Simply I'm the best player :)

So you think the publisher cannot change the game?

Examples of why its down to PA NOT Daum :

- After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whELC6aEOrQ

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPorL5PPvUM

Posted

But as it is a fact, it does not need evidence or proof. By asking for evidence you actually claim it is not fact. As I claim nothing, just point the fact, you shall provide some proofs for your claim it is not.

Reread the definition and try again. Asking for evidence isn't a claim -- it is a request. 

Posted (edited)

Examples of why its down to PA NOT Daum :

- After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whELC6aEOrQ

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPorL5PPvUM

One problem here. PA do not sell value packs, costumes or even copies of the game. They get royalties from Daum. Also this interview is not with someone from PA. Obviously Daum EU or NA (because the person is not Korean) want to share the responsibility for the changes with someone, after the negative reaction from the public. But Daum decide what to sell in the cash shop, will the game be B2P, P2P, F2P, and all the questions related with the monetization. Simply the developer has nothing with the monetization of the game. PA just do what Daum ask for. And this is the normal way any franchise of any game works. Again PA sell nothing, but the game itself. Daum sell the copies of the game, the costumes, the items, and etc.

Reread the definition and try again. Asking for evidence isn't a claim -- it is a request. 

So you request an evidence for an obvious fact. But as it is a fact, it does not need to be proved. So your request is pointless :)

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

-sigh- nevermind you are clearly special needs

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So you request an evidence for an obvious fact. But as it is a fact, it does not need to be proved. So your request is pointless :)

It cannot be a fact if it is disputed, by definition. Clearly as I requested some evidence from you, it is disputed -- by me.

Edited by Celaiona
Typo

Posted

-sigh- nevermind you are clearly special needs

That is how the franchise works for any game. BDO is not different. Or you think this game has a special and unique franchise? If the developer can sell copies or items, he will not need a publisher. And that is why so many games change in a wrong direction after the release. Simply the publisher does not care about the game, like the developer does. The publisher cares about the revenue. And this is pretty normal. All Daum want is to maximize the revenue for the current quarter.

It cannot be a fact if it is disputed, by definition. Clearly as I requested some evidence from you, it is disputed -- by me.

You are trying to dispute the fact. So you need some arguments for your doubts. As if you are not sure if the sun is hot. You shall provide some argument that makes possible the dispute about the sun. If you do not, we can only accept the sun is hot, and the dispute will be impossible. Same here. I'm the best player, it is a fact. If you have any doubts, you need some argument for the opposite, that will make the dispute possible.

Posted

Elven Sword and Iron Buster are bigger than the dagger. Sickel is a really big thing too. Surado are simply six swords - simply, really? Kunoichi becomes a hoop dancer with really enormous hoop. It cannot be more manga. Wait... it can be, if all are dressed in maid uniforms, sailor girl shirts and tuxedos. But they are :) Just amazing.

Also the question here is could Daum make the game worse. So please get back to the topic.

Elven Sword is smaller than the Longbow. Iron Buster is smaller than the axe(s). Scythes are that big, they aren't in an unusual size. Yes, simply, it isn't difficult to carry six swords with you, especially when you don't even use all. Kunoichi doesn't use her weapon even once as a hoop, the weapon still needs of that size to fit over her body when she carries it.

That topic is nonsense.

I mean, what is so difficult about: "It can be worse by adding any bad thing from a different game"? Don't like P2W? Add more P2W items in the cash shop. Don't like immersion breaking costumes? Add more of those into the cash shop. I heard the car from TERA would fit perfectly, without any doubt at all, in this game. Don't like XYZ? Add XYZ.

It's really not difficult to make a game worse if you really wanted to make it worse.

Posted

Elven Sword is smaller than the Longbow. Iron Buster is smaller than the axe(s). Scythes are that big, they aren't in an unusual size. Yes, simply, it isn't difficult to carry six swords with you, especially when you don't even use all. Kunoichi doesn't use her weapon even once as a hoop, the weapon still needs of that size to fit over her body when she carries it.

That topic is nonsense.

I mean, what is so difficult about: "It can be worse by adding any bad thing from a different game"? Don't like P2W? Add more P2W items in the cash shop. Don't like immersion breaking costumes? Add more of those into the cash shop. I heard the car from TERA would fit perfectly, without any doubt at all, in this game. Don't like XYZ? Add XYZ.

It's really not difficult to make a game worse if you really wanted to make it worse.

But the sword replaces the dagger. Iron Buster is smaller, indeed, but have you seen the effects? They are much bigger, it is like some bazooka. The Kunoichi? It is a clear hoop, just bigger.

Kind of funny, if it was not so silly.

And about the main question, so you are a pessimist who thinks the game could become worse?