• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Publisher's reputation salvageable?

86 posts in this topic

Posted

Yet you stated their reputations didn't matter, as some how in general reputations don't matter.

In the case of BDO their reputation is extremely important and it will affect their sales.

I am sorry, I was inferring that bad reputations don't always matter. People don't always use logic or common sense when making decisions. Some could argue that half the population are outright dumb.

Posted

Regarding BDO: meh, they subtly introduced a door for heavy p2w, then back pedaled (keeping low prices cap) due to community reactions (at least in this, they've been smart enough). With this set-up, even if it's still conceptually a p2w backdoor, it's kinda bearable and to some extent may help game's evolution and health, sometimes a little bit of poison saves lifes. If they keep it this way, in the end it will be a good move.

There was no community reactions prior to the dyes being allowed to be sold on the market and they kept the price low as soon as the change came about.  When they decided to allow further items to be sold on the market they said that there would be controls in place and they did just that (only allowed 5 items per week and kept the prices low just as they did with the dyes).  There was no back pedaling at all; they just did what they said they would do.

Game is p2w and will only get more so as time goes on.

Well, you certainly are entitled to have an opinion but from my perspective the game isn't p2w at all and I see no indication that this company has any plans to make it p2w.

Posted (edited)

There was no community reactions prior to the dyes being allowed to be sold on the market and they kept the price low as soon as the change came about.  When they decided to allow further items to be sold on the market they said that there would be controls in place and they did just that (only allowed 5 items per week and kept the prices low just as they did with the dyes).  There was no back pedaling at all; they just did what they said they would do.

I was referring to the real community reaction after they annouced the Pearl Items on the market, I find more weird this so-called community didn't riot when they add the really p2w item a while before (the value pack). As an absurd they may tell us they decided to allow Value Pack sales in game, to make it less p2w, and generally speaking they'd be telling the truth (removing a key item from behind a RM paywall).

Do you really think so ? I may sound a bit like a douchebag here but I think they decided for a lower price cap to cool down people reactions, and to some extent this was a smart move, because with prices capped this way, it's still technically p2w, but it's not gamebreaking. I sincerely don't think so high about them, to believe they were already set with these prices in mind. 

Either way we will never know, I don't personally like how they're managing things, but so far, I can't really say they've killed the game, toxic players / youtube wannabe and angry kids do way more damage than what we've seen so far.

Well, you certainly are entitled to have an opinion but from my perspective the game isn't p2w at all and I see no indication that this company has any plans to make it p2w.

The door for even more p2w is right in game, and once a thing is in...well, it will be eventually used one day. Still if the option is keeping this small, not hurting, bearable p2w vs going F2P with the complete bullshit they have on KR, I will gladly vouche for increasing outifits cap to at least 50.

Edited by Mjollnir

Posted (edited)

Who gives a damn if they have a good or poor reputation? It's the game that matters. BDO is a good game and i'm sure no one on these forums is going to argue against that. Well, I guess complete trolls or people who've never played it could but why would they be on these fourms?.... mhmmm.. Anyways, who gives a shit really? If you enjoy the game -----ing log on it and play it, don't afk fish and QQ on here. No one gives a shit about your QQ. I don't agree with everything the company has done, but I ain't about to spend my entire night on these forums crying and raging at the companies poor decisions. Do you think they give a shit about what I think about them? No. Should I care that they don't give a shit about my opinion? Also no. They don't owe me anything. I bought their game, I enjoy playing their game; and that's all there is to it. They don't owe me any more then what I paid for, and I don't owe them anymore then what they charged me for the game.  I am going to log on and play the damn game now. Grow up kids.

Edited by iRushHC
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was referring to the real community reaction after they annouced the Pearl Items on the market, I find more weird this so-called community didn't riot when they add the really p2w item a while before (the value pack). As an absurd they may tell us they decided to allow Value Pack sales in game, to make it less p2w, and generally speaking they'd be telling the truth (removing a key item from behind a RM paywall).

Do you really think so ? I may sound a bit like a douchebag here but I think they decided for a lower price cap to cool down people reactions, and to some extent this was a smart move, because with prices capped this way, it's still technically p2w, but it's not gamebreaking. I sincerely don't think so high about them, to believe they were already set with these prices in mind. 

Either way we will never know, I don't personally like how they're managing things, but so far, I can't really say they've killed the game, toxic players / youtube wannabe and angry kids do way more damage than what we've seen so far.

Well, I've not seen anything that I feel would indicate that player complaints had anything to do with the price they set but I, along with others that didn't get all caught up in the "No p2w" hysteria, did argue here prior to the additional items going on the market that they would price them just like they did with the dyes and that is exactly what they did.  In my view that is what a rational person would have concluded given the example we had with the dyes and with the company making the statement that they would have controls in place to deal with how much money people made from selling these item.  But, you know, that's my opinion and other players have a different opinion and as you have pointed out we will never know. 

Also, I do understand that many people feel that the game has gone p2w but I certainly would not agree with a statement saying that "it's still technically p2w" because there is no industry standard defining what p2w is.  It's only a matter of personal opinion if something is p2w or not and certainly there are entire groups that share the same opinions for the different definitions. 

I also think it is players that will end up doing more damage to the game than the company that puts it out.  I even think some of them are trying to kill the game on purpose perhaps to fulfill their own predictions that the changes made by the company will kill the game or just out of revenge because the company didn't buckle to their demands and threats.

Personally I really love the game and I'm having a great time playing it.  I understand that there are still plenty of issues that will need to be addressed (even though they recently made a great improvement to the server performance there is more to be done as an example) but I hope to be here for the long haul so I'm patient and feel confident that they will continue to improve on the game.

Edited by ronniejw
Forum included the wrong quote when I published my comments so I reposted it..
1 person likes this

Posted

For me No, whenever I do quit this game, personally I will avoid all future games related to  Kaoko or Daum as much as I enjoy playing the game their actions would make me want to avoid them in any future game the produced / published  similar to how I now avoid TRION Games.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you would play the game and it wouldn't be so boring and frustrating as it is right now, I bet you wouldn't have time to post in so many threads. ;)

I am playing the game though, in fact right now I'm cooking as I've got full energy so that gives me 10-15 minutes to destroy people's argument on the forums. :) 

If you don't mind me asking, if your enjoying this game so much why are you on here and not playing it? :) 

I have multiple screens, I use the forums whenever I'm cooking, processing or travelling to a new location. Nice deflecting though, hasn't explained why people would continue to use the services of a company they supposedly hate and who's game they no longer play. It's rather pathetic really, they need to learn how to move on and realise that she doesn't love them any more. :) 

Posted

Publisher's reputation salvageable? Hmmmm sure if they release all the awakenings at 31/8 and remove the p2w then yes.

Posted

This Company is not Blizzard nough said xD

Posted

Publisher's reputation salvageable? Hmmmm sure if they release all the awakenings at 31/8 and remove the p2w then yes.

This game goes to show that we as consumers cannot trust publishers or developers at all.

This game could last a solid 10 years if its treated well, but at the rate its going come sometime early next year it'll go F2P then die off in the following year. 

Posted

lol more crying.