• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Orwen: Week 5 Node War Results

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Weekly Results for Orwen Week 8/14 - 8/20. Credits goes to Lokien for the analysis. Raw data was compiled by me and can be found in this thread. This data was collected in order to get an accurate measurement of node war activity since Kakao does not release war data and many people were using largest fights which is a terrible metric. Largest fights only depict the largest number of guilds at a node and does not reflect the actual number of participants. The data does not show the actual number of guilds taking part since guilds can fight multiple days and it's impossible for me to collect this data by myself. This might be the only week with a complete analysis unless someone is willing to volunteer to collect data on Tuesdays.

Orwen Node Wars

WEEK 5 by the Numbers

Forts:

• ·         Forts constructed:                                170
  • ·         Forts that found PvP:                            92 (54%)

Nodes:

• ·         Empty Nodes (0 forts built):                   43 (28%)
  • ·         Uncontested Nodes (1 fort built):            78 (51%)
  • ·         Contested Nodes:  32 (2+ forts built):      32 (21%)

Largest Fights of the Week: 

• ·         Sunday’s Elder’s Bridge Node War (6 guild stalemate)
  • ·         Wednesday’s Cron Castle Site Node War (6 guild stalemate)
  • ·         Saturday’s Serendia Siege (5 guild stalemate)

Territory Winners:

Flex, Good_Fight, Relevant.

T3 Winners:

Aethereal, Fire, Flex, Good_Fight, HoneyBadgers, ImmortalVanguard, Iron_Circle, Relevant, SoulOfTheDragon, Trucidation, Vahlok

T2 Winners:

BlackLys, BUSHI, Capital, Flux, Infernal, Maelstrom, Midas_Inc, Nigh-----ch, OTG_Blue, OXION, Spetsnaz, Templar, TGB, Thanatos, UDL, Void, White_Lotus, XenOfOnslaught.

T1 Winners:

ABandOfColours, Aetherius, Aimless, AOD, BUSHI, Chivalry, Ctrl, DisposableHeroes, Espers, GoldenLegion, Grim_Angels, Guardian, Guild, Haven, Hyakki, KiithSaHunter, Nerd, Notorious, Null, OTG_Green, Pandorum, PaxCruentus, PeaceMakeRs, Relic, Rise, Sentinals, SevenDeadlySins, ShadowCasters, Source, StormBlessed, StormCloaks, Templar, Testudo, TheBlackTides, TheOlderGamers, Valhalla_Chosen, Vanguard.

7 people like this

Posted

The volume of empty and uncontested nodes is disgusting.  They could eliminate 100 nodes and there would still not be a guaranteed fight for every node.

3 people like this

Posted

The volume of empty and uncontested nodes is disgusting.  They could eliminate 100 nodes and there would still not be a guaranteed fight for every node.

Yet everyone screams for more content! lol

Posted

Yet everyone screams for more content! lol

I don't think we need less content.  The node wars are incredibly fun when they actually happen.  The devs just need to review and tweak the incentive structures so that contested node wars occur more frequently. 

Right now, there is a huge financial incentive to dodge competition because the payout is on the outcome.  I think paying the winner is fine, but we would probably get more contested nodes if there was more tangible things to gain from the actual process of node wars themselves.  For example, they could incentivize the process by giving guild funds and/or guild xp for destroying enemy structures.  They could incentivize process by keeping track and ranking guild kills/building destroys/deaths/wins/losses.  Nothing motivates like another avenue for e-peen flaunting.

1 person likes this

Posted

It would be really interesting to see how these numbers would compare to the numbers in Korea. Although those numbers may be difficult to acquire.

For example, does Korea have the same level of uncontested nodes?

Posted

Korea has a a megaserver, so the entire population, which fills out ~25 channels, fights for the same collection of nodes we do now.

It would be really interesting to see how these numbers would compare to the numbers in Korea. Although those numbers may be difficult to acquire.

For example, does Korea have the same level of uncontested nodes?

Posted

Korea has a a megaserver, so the entire population, which fills out ~25 channels, fights for the same collection of nodes we do now.

I heard some people say KR is usually contested but I have yet to find concrete data so I'm a bit skeptical on that. We do not have Valencia part 2 yet so KR actually has 7 more nodes than we do.

Posted

We definitely need server mergers 

6 people like this

Posted

Good job doing this Sleepy, if only Edan could have someone do the same as well as Uno to see just how much of a population loss we suffered across the board

Posted

I am aware, my curiosity/question still stands.

Posted

Massive pvp

received_10153291507713045.jpeg

Posted

Just merge servers already.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's a lot of uncontested nodes, dam. Need a server merge sooner rather than later.

Edited by Sympax

Posted

Gamesded

Posted

Maybe because a lot of the guilds are going for the better nodes?

I mean shit, you have  some nodes that are stalemate with 5+ guilds fighting over it.

Are you people serious?

Posted

With the announcement of Awakenings being bi-weekly many guilds and players have perished, let's see how terrible this week of node war is...

Posted

Maybe Kakao wants server merges too! The consistent bad decisions are actually strategic herd-thinning mechanisms.

Tin_foil_hat_2.png

Posted (edited)

Maybe because a lot of the guilds are going for the better nodes?

I mean shit, you have  some nodes that are stalemate with 5+ guilds fighting over it.

Are you people serious?

We had a lot of unclaimed nodes from the previous week and some uncontested t3s so I'm sure it's not only the reward that's involved. Big fights are not an indicator of average node war activity and is only an indicator that some guilds prefer a challenge than an easy win. Even then it could just 5 very small guilds against each other while another node could be a 50v50.

There is a need for concern since the numbers for week 5 are terrible. We literally had more nodes than guilds on a daily basis for that week (except Sunday) and if you only consider the node war forts and not the castle forts we have 153 forts vs 149 nodes. So if the server decided to take some kind of armistice agreement, we only have 4 guaranteed fights for that week. Not sure if other weeks will follow this trend, improve or get worse since I'm unable to get a full week's worth of data now.

Edited by Sleepy
grammar
1 person likes this

Posted

Weekly Results for Orwen Week 8/14 - 8/20. Credits goes to Lokien for the analysis. Raw data was compiled by me and can be found in this thread. This data was collected in order to get an accurate measurement of node war activity since Kakao does not release war data and many people were using largest fights which is a terrible metric. Largest fights only depict the largest number of guilds at a node and does not reflect the actual number of participants. The data does not show the actual number of guilds taking part since guilds can fight multiple days and it's impossible for me to collect this data by myself. This might be the only week with a complete analysis unless someone is willing to volunteer to collect data on Tuesdays.

Orwen Node Wars

WEEK 5 by the Numbers

Forts:

• ·         Forts constructed:                                170
  • ·         Forts that found PvP:                            92 (54%)

Nodes:

• ·         Empty Nodes (0 forts built):                   43 (28%)
  • ·         Uncontested Nodes (1 fort built):            78 (51%)
  • ·         Contested Nodes:  32 (2+ forts built):      32 (21%)

Largest Fights of the Week: 

• ·         Sunday’s Elder’s Bridge Node War (6 guild stalemate)
  • ·         Wednesday’s Cron Castle Site Node War (6 guild stalemate)
  • ·         Saturday’s Serendia Siege (5 guild stalemate)

Territory Winners:

Flex, Good_Fight, Relevant.

T3 Winners:

Aethereal, Fire, Flex, Good_Fight, HoneyBadgers, ImmortalVanguard, Iron_Circle, Relevant, SoulOfTheDragon, Trucidation, Vahlok

T2 Winners:

BlackLys, BUSHI, Capital, Flux, Infernal, Maelstrom, Midas_Inc, Nigh-----ch, OTG_Blue, OXION, Spetsnaz, Templar, TGB, Thanatos, UDL, Void, White_Lotus, XenOfOnslaught.

T1 Winners:

ABandOfColours, Aetherius, Aimless, AOD, BUSHI, Chivalry, Ctrl, DisposableHeroes, Espers, GoldenLegion, Grim_Angels, Guardian, Guild, Haven, Hyakki, KiithSaHunter, Nerd, Notorious, Null, OTG_Green, Pandorum, PaxCruentus, PeaceMakeRs, Relic, Rise, Sentinals, SevenDeadlySins, ShadowCasters, Source, StormBlessed, StormCloaks, Templar, Testudo, TheBlackTides, TheOlderGamers, Valhalla_Chosen, Vanguard.

Part of the problem is the insanity of how they distribute the nodes.  Theres a ton of t1s and t2s that nobody really cares about, the t2s are kind of what people take because they cant take t2s and the t1s are just leftovers.  The problem is the t3's only have 1 to 2 available on a night except for sunday where theyre is 9.  So city sieges are saturday (only a few guilds participate, kind of a waste of a primetime night), Friday where the big guilds who want to pvp really only can fight over 2 nodes, and sunday where there is a plethora of options (too many options).

poor planning is poor

Posted

Current sorry state of node wars for Orwen and Uno

1 person likes this

Posted

We definitely need server mergers 

@PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon

Server merges + F2P like KR pls. The Inclusion of Valencia region to node wars only made it worse than before