• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forced to go on welfare to gear up in BDO

145 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Theere are only 3 ways to get decent gear for PvP in this game .

1. Be a 14 year old living in your mom's basement and play all day

2. Be rich and spend hundreds of $$ on BDO

3. Get on welfare and play all day 

I'm not rich and I'm not 14  so my only option is to quit my job  and get on welfare .

Edited by EmbraceTheDarkness
mistake
9 people like this

Posted

4th would be what most do. Afk fish get up to 20 a day while not even playing. Then buy cheap items from night vendor to resell on market. I for one had 20 mill when night vendor started and have made 100 mill or so a week just doing those 2 things. Well I do train horses when I get tired of fishing. You can net more then that but I picked up 2 boss gear items and kaz sword so blew a ton getting them to Duo.

2 people like this

Posted

You better hurry up and quit your job before trump becomes president. He will vanish that welfare crap.

7 people like this

Posted

Actually most states require you work a certain amount of hours to qualify for welfare, so.. you s* out of luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

or option 5. Work very hard until you become rich. Better option than being a pauper on welfare. ;P

Posted (edited)

I'm not rich and I'm not 14  so my only option is to quit my job  and get on welfare .

I know plenty of people with a job, and a family, who still manage to remain competitive and threatening in regards to PvP. They may not be pushing 60 or 61, but they're still not people to be taken lightly. 

Just because you may be too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

Edit:

Because so many people got irritated at this. I realize I may have been harsh in calling the OP lazy. However, that's my opinion of people who'd rather whine about the game being too difficult for any normal person to play, instead of figuring out how to make the most of their time. 

If you disagree with me, well that's perfectly fine. I may be a moderator, but apologizing for my opinion? Please.

Edited by Ayl
21 people like this

Posted

option 5) forever be a homeless college student and abuse financial aid.... uh ooooh......

Posted

option 6

work hard/or get lucky and get a metric shit ton of money.

build your own company "PeePeeTouch Games" hire video games designers

make a better game 

sell it for a respective return of investment to KaKao Games and let them destroy it

profit. and play (insert any other MMORPG) game you prefer.

Posted

I know plenty of people with a job, and a family, who still manage to remain competitive and threatening in regards to PvP. They may not be pushing 60 or 61, but they're still not people to be taken lightly. 

Just because you're too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

Hard work? How are you a moderator call other people on the forums lazy?

Posted

Just because you're too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

Just fyi, in case you were not aware, this is a lottery game where you can lose everything you "worked" for in one unlucky click.

Calling people lazy and lecturing them like some arrogant prick is not something a forum moderator should do. If I still cared enough about this game and the forum I would report you for this.

4 people like this

Posted

Just fyi, in case you were not aware, this is a lottery game where you can lose everything you "worked" for in one unlucky click.

I went from 28 to nearly 70 failstacks attempting to TRI my Liverto, and still don't have a TRI. I know exactly how fantastic RNG can feel sometimes.

Calling people lazy and lecturing them like some arrogant prick is not something a forum moderator should do. If I still cared enough about this game and the forum I would report you for this.

2 lines is a lecture? :o Don't worry about that second thing though, someone already sent in a report. 

3 people like this

Posted

2 lines is a lecture? :o Don't worry about that second thing though, someone already sent in a report. 

One line or two lines, it was a ----- move. 

Posted (edited)

Just because you may too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

Since, gear = time + RNG ( so nothing hard, nor demanding in any other way )

I dont even know where you see the "hard work", not saying, when you play a game to have fun ( you will, agree its a point of  a game ), and if you come to the point where you have to "work". Actualy, there is something DEFINITELY wrong.  ( Oh wait, there is something wrong with the gear here xD )

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

If you manage your resources wisely the gamble hit isnt that bad.instead of lobbing blackstones,if you see what ya want on sale.grab it.if not,dont risk upgrades if you cant replace the ap or dp lost.if you midlessly toss every silver the first moment you get it for upgrades,your the one setting yourselves in the losing position.

even if it was said rudely.it is right.This is the way i do things,if i can do it,anbody can im nothing special

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's a guy in my guild..that works 8-12hours a day without a single day off, he's turning lvl 58, has tri & a duo crescent full boss gear zaka tri. he's making hundreds of millions a week from life skills, he's just really smart how he goes about the time he has to play and his money making ways for the little time he has to play. it just takes a brilliant mind.. Stop complaining folks, they made this game with options for people with less time...I my self hate life skills so i just grind, grind & grind, but there are Allot of possibility's with for instance alchemy & so on, alchemy alone nets you 30million+ a day, not counting the gathering of sharp,hards & so on with it...Seriously where do you guys fit lottery and hardcoreness of only people with endless time to play all in all into black desert? be happy its not like other games that don't have these options lol. People just love to be negative and complain..

Edited by Draconis
4 people like this

Posted

even if it was said rudely.it is right.This is the way i do things,if i can do it,anbody can im nothing special

Yes, you said that only 30 times already in different threads. No, you cannot state opinion that is not applicable to everyone in rude way.

Posted

I went from 28 to nearly 70 failstacks attempting to TRI my Liverto, and still don't have a TRI. I know exactly how fantastic RNG can feel sometimes.

get rekt boiiii! Kappa

Posted

You're an active member of the community, I'd honestly be surprised if you don't know a few people who have busy lives and still perform well in-game. Whether it be work, school, family, or a combination, you can still succeed in BDO even with only a couple hours to play a day. It just takes efficient use of your time and the game knowledge to do so. All of which can be acquired via socializing with people in-game or researching online. 

I may have come off a bit harsh, but reading through the "BDO is pointless unless you're a child or a bum" every day does get slightly taxing :) 

get rekt boiiii! Kappa

Very rekt.

FeelsBadMan.thumb.png.9ed594116b908891c5

Posted

Eww

Posted

good joke

one of the strongest people on jordine is lvl 57 and doesn't grind at all and makes all his money with afk-life skilling and good rng , so much for "nolifing"

he has better gear than me even tho im at 1723 skillpoints from farming money ( and i think thats the highest in jordine ) and a more or less good representation of how much gold you've gotten/soloed for

..also people have +18 gear from day 1 of the patch .. including a guildmate with a job and university so yeah, problem is you 

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL you don't need to quit your irl job to play this :P

Just get a Balnose rod make it like +6+8 and afk fish while in veilia or something. Will come back to money from nothing.

Or try mass processing stuff that needs minimal interaction while at work if your in a job that has your own comp that is.

Posted (edited)

1) Not all 14 year old Children live in Basements this isn't America or India, some Countries don't even have Basements

2) Not all Rich people are unemployed or have time to play games 24/7.

3) Not all Welfare claimants are at home all day. 

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN ..... Stereotyping much ? Get an education and you would know such things.

Edited by Soulplay
1 person likes this

Posted

Moderator, why not do what your supposed to and lock this stupid troll bait thread.

I mean in now way can this be serious or anything approaching this. Why isn't it locked? 

2 people like this

Posted

This is straight bull****.   You and the people like you are full of it.  Hell i made 20 mil off furniture, and trade packs that were made, WHILE I WAS AT WORK!.  Which has been funding my gear upgrades.  You just need to rethink your style and look at all the options available, because there is a sht ton.  Best Gear over-night? No. In a month? No....in 6 months? Without Spending? Definitely possible.

Though I'll admit i invested in storage space upgrades.

Posted

I think it depends on what you call decent gear...I did none of the above and now have all +15-pri grunil, and a +15 offhand and a +14 liverto. I even stopped playing for a few months. Imho that is decent gear and i barely played at all and quit for months. Now I will get trashed in pvp by many people, but imho pvp is pointless and silly in this game to start with. If you really want pvp you should be playing another game. My point is if I was a bit more dedicated and hadnt quit playing for a few months I would be in duo.tri at this point which honeslty seems pretty attainable, now boss armour and tet+ ya that is a monstrous task and it still gives you a pretty big edge on people in grunil tri.