• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forced to go on welfare to gear up in BDO

145 posts in this topic

Posted

I know plenty of people with a job, and a family, who still manage to remain competitive and threatening in regards to PvP. They may not be pushing 60 or 61, but they're still not people to be taken lightly. 

Just because you may too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

How is this person even a mod?

Posted

I know plenty of people with a job, and a family, who still manage to remain competitive and threatening in regards to PvP. They may not be pushing 60 or 61, but they're still not people to be taken lightly. 

Just because you may too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

When the mods of the GAME you've PAID to play belittle you for being too LAZY to puti n the HARD WORK, you know the balance has slipped from a game being fun to one being a chore.

Posted

From crafting just 24 horse shoes/day( and this is done with workers if i have to say it ), afk fishing at night and converting my alts energy to sellable potions worth 1.5m when they regen to 200 energy, i make probably on average 10m a day doing nothing. Git gud.

I spent over 500 mil on single piece of gear just to be back at DUO. Please tell me again how you got yout TET while "doing nothing".

Posted (edited)

RNG

Youre just trying to make excuses as to why youre so bad at this game, its sad.

Edited by XLucaX

Posted (edited)

I work full time.

Currently have a gear score of 415 with 650 million sitting in the bank as well as 50 sharps and 140 hards.

I easily have the resources to push my gear score to 450 but waiting on boss pieces from night vendor rolls first (currently 2/4).

I don't grind, btw. Grinding is great when you have 6+ hours a day to play, which I don't (although I think I will regret my lack of skill points when awakenings come out).

An no, I don't buy and sell p2w costumes (never have and never will).

Edited by Iroha

Posted

Regarding the point with p2w: Just let these kids buy some undeserved items ig. Who cares? They will learn what honor means later in life, in an even more harsh way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Theere are only 3 ways to get decent gear for PvP in this game .

1. Be a 14 year old living in your mom's basement and play all day

2. Be rich and spend hundreds of $$ on BDO

3. Get on welfare and play all day 

I'm not rich and I'm not 14  so my only option is to quit my job  and get on welfare .

how much time you got to play the game per day?

Posted

Pretty sure those people you speak of all have slack&flexible jobs and define their partner and possibly cat as family. Than of course its possible to remain competitive, since no one suffers when you play 30 hours a week and neglect other commitments.

That's pretty much my life situation, so of course I can keep up even with so called family and job. I dont have to get the kids from school, make dinner, clean the house and help with homework, once exhausting work hours are over. I can just place my butt in-front of the desktop, order Chinese food and sit there until I feel like sleeping.

I also think you should avoid using the word lazy. Maybe OP wants everything handed to him or maybe not, who knows? But there's a lot of people reading his, with simliar problems, who are far from lazy. I mean, you have no clue about other's life situations, strength, schedule and how tired they might be when a day's work&other obligations are over.

Topic: In most countries and likely states(dont live in NA), counter performance is required to get social welfare. It can be extremely mentally and emotionally tiresome. Most people I know that play BDO(or any game) 24/7 are either neglecting their academic studies or fee-loading on their parents lol.

2 people like this

Posted

I may have come off a bit harsh, but reading through the "BDO is pointless unless you're a child or a bum" every day does get slightly taxing :) 

hmm

Not to troll or anything but what kind of gear you are talking about? 200AP?? can be achieved by anyone with a job.  At this point in the game 200AP is nothing, there are players with 230AP+  and most of them have special type of jobs example "I work at home" lol... Or I know some players that have 230+ in my server that are still "students". Please show me a person with family, "full time job" with wife and kids with 230AP or more and lvl 60. 

Posted

How is this person still not understandings volunteer moderators. :^) 

Posted

Nice drama queen OP. If you don't like that in this kind of MMO people with more free time will always have it easy there is nothing we can do for you, that s how MMO are in general.

Posted (edited)

ofc that's just bullshit.

Thoses pretending they have job + social life + playing "only 3-4h / week" and beeing able to have most powerfull gear are imho at 99% just liar xD ( and that, whatever their reasons after all )

With the equivalent of a "casual playing time" actualy, you go nowhere close to a """""""competitive"""""""" gear power in that game.

This^^^^

I don't know what kind of gear people are talking about here lol because 200AP IS NOT COMPETITIVE.  

I play and have a job. I can tell you that having no job or being a student with lots of free time will give you all the advantage in the world in this game. I have a friend that play ALL DAY, we both had DUO Crescent Rings and we both tried for Tri and both failed, that happened Sunday night so three days later of grinding he got ANOTHER DUO and went for TRI and got it, while I am still grinding few hours per day waiting for the weekend to grind hard and have ANOTHER chance. 

Get real having a full time job will give you close to 200AP or a bit more. Nothing close to 230AP, which is what other players have.

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

I work full time.

Currently have a gear score of 415 with 650 million sitting in the bank as well as 50 sharps and 140 hards.

I easily have the resources to push my gear score to 450 but waiting on boss pieces from night vendor rolls first (currently 2/4).

I don't grind, btw. Grinding is great when you have 6+ hours a day to play, which I don't (although I think I will regret my lack of skill points when awakenings come out).

that look so believable 9_9

its like me, i play 10min per week, and i have full +20 and 624 mil in bank. Easy that game  ( without using cash shop, no grinding, no worker, no value pack, nothing )

I dont get why ppl say you need to no life

kappaface.png?1

Posted (edited)

I work full time.

like me Full time job and only grind 1 hour per day. Never failed an upgrade tho. Joking aside i dont know why you think your gear is good. 410 is similar to having 310 pre 16+, the min req.

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

its like me, i play 10min per week, and i have full +20 and 624 mil in bank. Easy that game  ( without using cash shop, no grinding, no worker, no value pack, nothing )

kappaface.png?1

like me Full time job and only grind 1 hour per day. Never failed an upgrade tho. Joking aside i dont know why you think your gear is good. 410 is similar to having 310 pre 16+, the min req.

mmmm, according to this I'm some kind of alien because I'm 56, 400 gearscore, 900 skill points and full DUO. Have a mate, a full time job, 3 dogs and a cat - real ones, in game I have just dogs and pinguin :D - I move the lawn, cook my food and sometimes I go out to drink a beer or two with friends... without having to brew it myself ^^

Ok back being serious now:

The trick is time, not as in "playing time" but in "time we need to achieve something"

Example #1: if we go farm in Mansha for 1 hour, we'll make 2M to 4M depending on clearing speed, just with the turn-ins, do it for 15 days, 1 hour x day is casual playing right ? You'll have enough to buy a PRI (even some DUO) piece of gear on Croxus, without having to "no life".

Example #2: Imperial Alchemy and Imperial Crafting/packaging or w/ever is called,

Pre requisite: don't be a dumb idiot, if I had listened to pros (still around this forum) and just grind like a beast to get fast to 55 back in the days, now I will be pretty screwed,

Basic packages are 195.000 each, you may sell from 15 to 25 of each kind, according to your CP (maybe more, with my current CP I'm at 25, a guildmate with lower CP seems able to sell just 15), making the stuffs can be done afk. This way we can make 2M x day, do it for 15 days and add these about 30M to the silvers from example #1.

We've used just 1 hour and 5 minutes, of our precious time right, let's see, we can go gather for 30 minutes (with the right tools/dress/elixirs we can burn 300 energy in less than 15 minutes), if we got some shard it's even better, but just focus on gathering what you will really need for Example #2, so you will never get out of ingredients.

Lemme see in 15 days we may get to around 60M+ doing actually nothing if we compare our effort to no-lifers... doesn't sound too bad or a too tight schedule, and in 15 days (2 weeks, nothing) you will have decent silvers to start focusing on your gear (at least 1 piece), rinse and repeat, in 2 months you'll have full gear.

Ofc this is a veeeery raw schedule, optimizing it and adding in auto-crafting and afk fishing, probably there are better option, for now I feel good with this.

Sure if you want to go pvping with ppl grinding 10H x day, in less than a week, this won't help a bit, if you're a bit more relaxed and can delay things, there are ways...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I suppose it's because I moderate fairly, I'm very transparent about all of my decisions regarding moderation, I check the forums avidly, I'm knowledgeable about the game, I've contributed guides/info compilations, and I'm passionate about keeping the forums clean and a safe place to discuss one's ideas. 

I may have been harsh calling the OP lazy, but I'm also not afraid to voice my opinion, and that was my opinion. 

Edited by Ayl

Posted

kappaface.png?1

At work currently, but when I'm free later in the evening I can post screenies. My point is, there are lots of ways to make money in this game other than mindlessly grinding; something you clearly don't understand.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This^^^^

I don't know what kind of gear people are talking about here lol because 200AP IS NOT COMPETITIVE.  

I play and have a job. I can tell you that having no job or being a student with lots of free time will give you all the advantage in the world in this game. I have a friend that play ALL DAY, we both had DUO Crescent Rings and we both tried for Tri and both failed, that happened Sunday night so three days later of grinding he got ANOTHER DUO and went for TRI and got it, while I am still grinding few hours per day waiting for the weekend to grind hard and have ANOTHER chance. 

Get real having a full time job will give you close to 200AP or a bit more. Nothing close to 230AP, which is what other players have.

missed this, bruh, don't forget some classes right now cannot even get 200AP ^^ but I can break the 350 DP barrier easily ^^ does that count ? That's why I prefer talking about total gearscore ^^ even Valks can shine that way :D

Edited by Mjollnir

Posted

mmmm, according to this I'm some kind of alien because I'm 56, 400 gearscore, 900 skill points and full DUO. Have a mate, a full time job, 3 dogs and a cat - real ones, in game I have just dogs and pinguin :D - I move the lawn, cook my food and sometimes I go out to drink a beer or two with friends... without having to brew it myself ^^

Ok back being serious now:

The trick is time, not as in "playing time" but in "time we need to achieve something"

Example #1: if we go farm in Mansha for 1 hour, we'll make 2M to 4M depending on clearing speed, just with the turn-ins, do it for 15 days, 1 hour x day is casual playing right ? You'll have enough to buy a PRI (even some DUO) piece of gear on Croxus, without having to "no life".

Example #2: Imperial Alchemy and Imperial Crafting/packaging or w/ever is called,

Pre requisite: don't be a dumb idiot, if I had listened to pros (still around this forum) and just grind like a beast to get fast to 55 back in the days, now I will be pretty screwed,

Basic packages are 195.000 each, you may sell from 15 to 25 of each kind, according to your CP (maybe more, with my current CP I'm at 25, a guildmate with lower CP seems able to sell just 15), making the stuffs can be done afk. This way we can make 2M x day, do it for 15 days and add these about 30M to the silvers from example #1.

We've used just 1 hour and 5 minutes, of our precious time right, let's see, we can go gather for 30 minutes (with the right tools/dress/elixirs we can burn 300 energy in less than 15 minutes), if we got some shard it's even better, but just focus on gathering what you will really need for Example #2, so you will never get out of ingredients.

Lemme see in 15 days we may get to around 60M+ doing actually nothing if we compare our effort to no-lifers... doesn't sound too bad or a too tight schedule, and in 15 days (2 weeks, nothing) you will have decent silvers to start focusing on your gear (at least 1 piece), rinse and repeat, in 2 months you'll have full gear.

Ofc this is a veeeery raw schedule, optimizing it and adding in auto-crafting and afk fishing, probably there are better option, for now I feel good with this.

Sure if you want to go pvping with ppl grinding 10H x day, in less than a week, this won't help a bit, if you're a bit more relaxed and can delay things, there are ways...

when are you going to learn that the gear you are talking about its shit? I am talking about  230AP and you talk about making 2M-4M a day? Do you even play the game? Do you even know what you need to reach 200AP or even 230AP?

missed this, bruh, don't forget some classes right now cannot even get 200AP ^^ but I can break the 350 DP barrier easily ^^ does that count ? That's why I prefer talking about total gearscore ^^ even Valks can shine that way :D

valk even a class?

Posted (edited)

At work currently, but when I'm free later in the evening I can post screenies. My point is, there are lots of ways to make money in this game other than mindlessly grinding; something you clearly don't understand.

Unless you show real proof of how many hours you work + how many hours you only play, posting gear screen is irrelevant.

Its BDO community, no one is trustable xD especialy in thoses kind of thread.

yeah you can buy a pri / duo yuria ( and it only yuria, if you want liverto, its 120+M ) but then ? you will need to upgrade.and unless you are naive, you will go nowhere with your 60M / week.

I spent over 500 mil on single piece of gear just to be back at DUO. Please tell me again how you got yout TET while "doing nothing".

Same shit for your other gear part. So jewel.. etc. ( tri witch its 349M xD, or who know how many time 10m to get that if you buy the base one )

Like i said, yeah you might have "correct" gear after somes month, but always the same thing, you are never going to be "competitive" since as long as someone is average enough to know how to play his class, you will always get rekted because gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> skill.

Edited by woots

Posted

I work at home amd have full TET. Funny how most of the players that are ultra geared work from home lmao.

full Tet you say.  ss I'd like to see that lol.  Simply because its not a matter of time to get TET its a matter of pure luck.

Posted (edited)

it wouldnt really prove too much unless you include a link to your professional network profile (which is mostly a bad idea to do in game forums). every cave dweller could post screenshots claiming hes working. not saying you would do that, but game screenshots alone would just show a geared character and would not really underline your point of a rl/game performance. (IMHO)

Edited by Nirax
1 person likes this

Posted

when are you going to learn that the gear you are talking about its shit? I am talking about  230AP and you talk about making 2M-4M a day? Do you even play the game? Do you even know what you need to reach 200AP or even 230AP?

valk even a class?

The day you will learn pvp is just a minor side of the game :P , each one its own,  OP is clearly a casual, so he HAS to lower the score he aims for. There's no way he can get on par with elites, he belongs to the commoners - where I also live and prosper, without the hassle of being competitive at all cost, I already have a real job (ye, I have to work for real - enjoying my break these days, so I have some time).

Different type of gamers ==> different times on each hand ==>different targets. It's pretty simple, you don't expect to win a race against a Ferrari if you can just afford a VW. 

yeah you can buy a pri / duo yuria ( and it only yuria, if you want liverto, its 120+M ) but then ? you  will need to upgrade.and unless you are naive, you will go nowhere with your 60M / week.

That was a simple example of how to generate silvers without having tons of time to waste grinding, I'm pretty sure optimizing it, we can pull out enough to buy nearly everything with a few weeks effort (even TRI if someone sells 'em).

In regard of the Yuria example, a DUO yuria is enough to go Valencia, sure it's not optimal, but we're talking about casuals with not much time on their hand, right ? Btw a DUO Liverto is just one more week away from the Yuria, if you can't wait / work 1 more week, meh it's your problem kid... learn the word PATIENCE, then come back for more tips.

The "I want it all and I want it now" is just a good verse of a Queen's song, doesn't belong to BDO.

Posted (edited)

sure it's not optimal, but we're talking about casuals with not much time on their hand, right ?

QED.

casual will never be able to "compet". Considering how work pvp here, so gear difference play a very important role, you ( "you" in general ) are f#ed. Unless ofc you only pve, and in that case that discusion is irrelevant, since to pve only, whatever your gear, and whatever what you are doing.

Or maybe in more than a year if they dont keep going with the gear treadmill ( which would be very surprising considering the game )

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

QED.

casual will never be able to compet. And considering how work pvp here, so gear difference play a very important role, you ( "you" in general ) are f#ed.

Or maybe in more than a year if they dont keep going with the gear treadmill ( which would be very surprising considering the game )

Amen, exactly, 100+. it's sad, it's unfair, but it's the hard truth, if we can't sacrifice our real lives playing, we're not going anywhere near to be able to compete.

So it's just normal lower our expectations and try to find our place in the game. Being commoners doesn't mean you can't have pvp with other commoners or have fun doing things,it just means just we're gonna lose vs some enemies and there will be things we will never achieve (or will take us a lot of time or luck).

This doesn't mean we can't have fun anyway or being useless, an army is made of generals and common soldiers, we're probably more common soldiers (cannon fodder is harsh), but hey we play for the fun, as long as it is fun, I see no problems.

BTW: there should be another legit way to make silvers, but I don't know if it's possible on this version, will investigate as soon as I can log in.

IIRC, Guildmaster can give part of guild funds to members, aside from the paycheck, dunno if there's some kind of cap/limit related to guild contribution or if is up to the guildmaster to decide how much he/she can give. Btw if it's active can be a good help, if not, we may ask for having it enabled, (evaluating the risk it will be exploited ofc). @CM_Aethon can you please help us checking on this ?

Edited by Mjollnir
The guild thing... read it somewhere ages ago