• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forced to go on welfare to gear up in BDO

145 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This doesn't mean we can't have fun anyway or being useless, an army is made of generals and common soldiers, we're probably more common soldiers (cannon fodder is harsh), but hey we play for the fun, as long as it is fun, I see no problems.

I dont see how you can have fun with such pvp for dummies in the first place. where time + rng will beat skill, so never be able to enjoy pvp activities in that game unless you are fine to not be able to do sh#t and be rekted.

Or you are lucky and have somes friends always at your gear lvl to have a real pvp.

But the point isnt to find "your" place or so, i choosed mine and i.. hm. deal with it . The point of that thread is pretty much report how dumb that gear management is.

Sure thing, it will never be changed because its uber silver hunger, so help a lot CS item sell, but well..

Edited by woots

Posted

Amen, exactly, 100+. it's sad, it's unfair, but it's the hard truth, if we can't sacrifice our real lives playing, we're not going anywhere near to be able to compete.

This is correct.

and lmao all those retards that think having 400AP/DP is competitive. 

Posted

you don't expect to win a race against a Ferrari if you can just afford a VW. 

Exactly. The only thing that irks me is that some people claim they won the race on a scooter.

Posted

Well as a non rich Canadian I can say this 

I am 44, I work full time, and spend some in game not alot

I do have 4 pets. and I farm, as well afk fish, last night 600k fishing in altinova.

Running Guild mission on shared marketplace loot I bring in 1-10million trash loot, and 5-50 million on 5000 mob quest on special deals.

I also have nodes with 7-9 ranking so when I do these missions I get alot.

I also have a altinova house making grunil.

- Basicly if you commit it is not hard, you only need support and knowledge of others, here on forums people can be salty but you need a guild

Posted

Exactly. The only thing that irks me is that some people claim they won the race on a scooter.

LMAO 

Posted

I dont see how you can have fun with such pvp for dummies in the first place. when time + rng will beat skill, so never be able to enjoy pvp activities in that game unless you are fine to not be able to do sh#t and be rekted.

Or you are lucky and have somes friends always at your gear lvl to have a real pvp.

But the point isnt to find "your" place or so, i choosed mine and i.. hm. deal with it . The point of that thread is pretty much report how dumb that gear management is.

Sure thing, it will never be changed because its uber silver hunger, so help a lot CS item sell, but well..

I've already gone through the Hardcore ==> Casual transformation, now thanks to BDO's pvp, I'm living the switch to Carebearism. 

If you want to PvP you can still PvP, I like from time to time go against overgeared monsters, I will lose for sure, but can be fun, sure this pvp model doesn't help, but lucky me, there are other 2000 things to do.

This is correct.

and lmao all those retards that think having 400AP/DP is competitive. 

Yep, we were all saying the very same thing in the end, just with different point of view, 400 total gearscore is average, well, for me it's nearly a miracle having it because I really play casual. Still sometimes I have my glory moment, 150 well used AP, even on a Valk, can chop a good amount of HP since DP scaling is a joke. Still if I'm engaged while on the field, I fight, I flag and attack if someone cross my path, it's not that I'm losing anything, and feeling the vibe of pvp from time to time is a good sensation. But generally speaking pvp quality is lowering, ppl win and brag way too much, ppl lose and complain rant way too much, I usually end up respawning and our TS is just flood with my laughs for having done something idiot like going against to the most OP DPS of the server without even wearing my armor.

Posted (edited)

Well as a non rich Canadian I can say this 

I am 44, I work full time, and spend some in game not alot

I do have 4 pets. and I farm, as well afk fish, last night 600k fishing in altinova.

Running Guild mission on shared marketplace loot I bring in 1-10million trash loot, and 5-50 million on 5000 mob quest on special deals.

I also have nodes with 7-9 ranking so when I do these missions I get alot.

I also have a altinova house making grunil.

- Basicly if you commit it is not hard, you only need support and knowledge of others, here on forums people can be salty but you need a guild

again what sort of gear are you talking about...............

400AP/DP is not competitive

I am sure the OP is aiming for competitive GEAR.

220+ Is the competitive level, with that sort of time is VERY hard to achieve unless you are very very lucky. There are players that the first day of 16+ enchantment had 210AP............

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

well, if the race was getting 400 gearscore I've won it with a bike, not even a racing bike, one of those 1980s city bikes :). Now lemme kiss all the BDO Hostess at the finish line!

I'm pretty happy with what I did so far, I think I'm really really near to the max I can get in game, basically I've reached the limit given by my free time, the most important thing is: I had tons of fun getting here, still it's not enough to be competitive, okay, we all agree on this, but what am I losing ? Nothing really. What are they winning ? Nothing really.

Now beware, I will open a champagne 5LT magnum and spread it all around to celebrate my uber gearscore  :P - on a second though, if you're wearing a thin t-shirt stay near, a wet t-shirt is always a good thing to see! :D:D:D 

2 people like this

Posted

it wouldnt really prove too much unless you include a link to your professional network profile (which is mostly a bad idea to do in game forums). every cave dweller could post screenshots claiming hes working. not saying you would do that, but game screenshots alone would just show a geared character and would not really underline your point of a rl/game performance. (IMHO)

Fair point.

I guess everyone just needs to learn the game better to see for themselves what is actually possible and not...

Posted

Theere are only 3 ways to get decent gear for PvP in this game .

1. Be a 14 year old living in your mom's basement and play all day

2. Be rich and spend hundreds of $$ on BDO

3. Get on welfare and play all day 

I'm not rich and I'm not 14  so my only option is to quit my job  and get on welfare .

If you are forced to go welfare to gear up in this game, then you have a huge problem with your priorities in life.  Obviously your going to need to put more time into the game to progress.  You would benefit from making the most of your downtime as others have suggested.  AFK fish or setup workers to do stuff and AFK set your character to autopath for horses/tradepacks.   Every bit helps.  How much do you actually play or work?  I have a full time job,  but I still have plenty of time to play.  When I don't have time,  I leave the game on, let it minimize to my tray and afk fish while I'm at work, sleeping,  outside the house or too lazy to grind anything.  I'm not geared out the ass, but I'm progressing.

I know your just venting out of frustration, but really...  just manage your time better.  Your just opening yourself to a lot of flack.

1 person likes this

Posted

on a second though, if you're wearing a thin t-shirt stay near, a wet t-shirt is always a good thing to see! :D:D:D 

Not the type to do such thing in public. But I can always use a champagne :) 

Fair point.

I guess everyone just needs to learn the game better to see for themselves what is actually possible and not...

That is exactly my point. I have been playing from the start and I tried everything there is in game. I know what is possible and what is not. I made a killing on brass ingots before Mediah came out. I got over 50 mil just on fig pies before most the populace even discovered Shakatu. In example. But once you get hit with RNG hammer really hard you can kiss all the goodbye.

Just stop with "I worked hard to get what I have" because no "hard work" will get you anywhere if you are not lucky as well. This game rewards only luck. More time you have to play more chances you get on roulette wheel, and thats it.

Posted

I'm not rich and I'm not 14  so my only option is to quit my job  and get on welfare .

I'm 24.
I live in an appartement.
I work so I can pay my bills.

Still, all my gear is DUO/TRI and got my first boss gear yesterday. Not the best gear for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a decent one. 
But, I have to say that I've been playing since release.

Posted

again what sort of gear are you talking about...............

400AP/DP is not competitive

I am sure the OP is aiming for competitive GEAR.

220+ Is the competitive level, with that sort of time is VERY hard to achieve unless you are very very lucky. There are players that the first day of 16+ enchantment had 210AP............

Woah calm down there Sailor, I was commenting based on the OP thread, not everyone else's hammer jammer about gear.

Posted

And even if you had all of the time in the world good luck having a spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend who doesn't play the game with the hours this game requires.

Posted (edited)

And even if you had all of the time in the world good luck having a spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend who doesn't play the game with the hours this game requires.

How is this different than any -----ing thing in life?

Shit, if you aren't trolling, Wow top players play 8+ hours a day.

Actually ask any hardcore raider why they quit Wow and 9 out of 10 times it's going to be because of how much time they had to devote to staying top tier guild/ player.

If not that, than actual life, be it job or family  "get's in the way".

God you people must live under a rock. People dedicate their lives to playing chess, fishing, fixing cars for fun, etc...

Do you people not understand this?

Even -----ing Michael Jordan showed up to practice ALMOST EVERY GOD DAMN DAY!

But you plebs want to be Mr. Jordan by playing an hour a day LOL

Even -----ing geniuses have to work/ dedicate their whole lives to their professions, but you idiots want to "casual" your way through everything.. including life.

Good luck with that you naive people

Edited by Pavo

Posted

574493_558904310811977_1426294953_n.thum

Posted

Woah calm down there Sailor, I was commenting based on the OP thread, not everyone else's hammer jammer about gear.

Hammer Jammers... that brings up Diablo flashbacks.. haha

Posted (edited)

Deleted because i'm repeating sentiment already posted by others. 

Edited by Sizmo

Posted

Max failstack for a TRI attempt is 44, so your game knowledge is failing you sir.  Save that **** for a TET.

You do realize that 44 doesn't guarantee success right? It's only an estimated ~27% chance at 44 failstacks. That estimate also isn't datamined, it's from player testing, so it could very well be off as well.

I went up to that high number because I'm a ranger and getting high AP is the only way to stay relevant. I was willing to waste anything below 70 to hit TRI. 

Posted

Yea but Jordan is made a living devoting his life to basketball. This game is not a career. How many people that enjoy video games even expect to be putting the hours into this game every day that it requires? Not enough to maintain a game. It's about what's causing this game to lose populations and not gain new players. So many large guilds have dropped off the face of the earth and guilds are going through players like water. The people you speak of are majorly funneled to one guild.  

The fact is this is easily the most demanding MMORPG in what is required to stay competitive in PvP. For example, Dark Age of Camelot had a way more fleshed out and balanced PvP system than this game and you didn't have to put in nearly as much time to remain competitive. I know, its a different game, but in the end its about enjoy-ability and I got a lot of joy out of that game.

How is this different than any -----ing thing in life?

Shit, if you aren't trolling, Wow top players play 8+ hours a day.

Actually ask any hardcore raider why they quit Wow and 9 out of 10 times it's going to be because of how much time they had to devote to staying top tier guild/ player.

If not that, than actual life, be it job or family  "get's in the way".

God you people must live under a rock. People dedicate their lives to playing chess, fishing, fixing cars for fun, etc...

Do you people not understand this?

Even -----ing Michael Jordan showed up to practice ALMOST EVERY GOD DAMN DAY!

But you plebs want to be Mr. Jordan by playing an hour a day LOL

Even -----ing geniuses have to work/ dedicate their whole lives to their professions, but you idiots want to "casual" your way through everything.. including life.

Good luck with that you naive people

Posted

The fact is this is easily the most demanding MMORPG in what is required to stay competitive in PvP.

Its just too bad there is little pvp in this game now. Ironic huh?

Posted (edited)

Are you seriously comparing a life career to playing video games? It is because people are not "casual in life" they have no time to spend on a hobby that brings nothing tangible in the end. Most real life hobbies are not only fun but in many cases a decent profit or contribute to physical health. This is just a stupid game, totally incomparable. 

Edited by Kat

Posted

snip

I stopped when you compared gaming to michael jordan. You are funny. 

Posted (edited)

I stopped when you compared gaming to michael jordan. You are funny. 

Are you seriously comparing a life career to playing video games? It is because people are not "casual in life" they have no time to spend on a hobby that brings nothing tangible in the end. Most real life hobbies are not only fun but in many cases a decent profit or contribute to physical health. This is just a stupid game, totally incomparable. 

Do you guys live under a rock?

People dedicate their lives to everything, from fixing cars for fun, to messing with electronics for fun... to fishing each and every day when they have a second.

If you guys can't comprehend the analogy to M. Jordan, than sorry you  have such a closed up mind.  In each and every single video game, you have people that dedicate themselves to it. Because you can't appreciate that doesn't make it non existent, wrong, bad,  etc...

Wow's world first kill guilds dedicate 10+ hours a day just discovering mechanics of bosses and slowly, very slowly getting that world first kill. Look at any blogs, books, etc written by top raiders and see how many quit because they just can't dedicate 60+ hours to raiding anymore.

Look at GW1, Warmachine and Evil played how many hours practicing so they can just compete at the highest levels.

Obviously you guys do no understand the concept of hard -----ing work. Whether it be in a board game, puzzle solving, playing video games, cooking, etc.... Also you guys don't seem to understand people who like to dedicate themselves to their hobbies. Maybe you guys should try it out!

Shit when I was in grade school we used to play football, baseball, soccer, etc every single day we could. I used to love playing football in the rain and coming home all muddied up. Now I don' t do that anymore, instead I play video games all day.

You have a problem with that? lol 

I also used to go out each Friday and Saturday spending sometimes upwards of $200+ on drinks... now I got sick of that and obviously I can spend that money on other things. Sorry you can't handle some of us spending money on our hobbies when we have it?!

Edited by Pavo

Posted

I know plenty of people with a job, and a family, who still manage to remain competitive and threatening in regards to PvP. They may not be pushing 60 or 61, but they're still not people to be taken lightly. 

Just because you may too lazy to put in the hard work, or perhaps you just lack the game knowledge to make efficient use of your free time, doesn't mean that it's impossible. 

I love this so called "moderator", trolling like a bawz. 

Also, when have you heard that "hard work" pays off in a Casino? The Casino always wins, always. ;)