• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Updated: Awakening Announcement

1,006 posts in this topic

Posted

Daum and Kakao is the same dude :P

They were Daum Kakao.. then shortened it to just Kakao.  

Posted

well its kakao games now so whatever the fk daum said is no longer valid. new company means brand new policies lol.

A name change doesn't make it a new company. Nothing changed corporate structure wise, only the name.

Posted

Yes, this may cause temporary imbalance in our version of the game, but the cost of that temporary imbalance is completely worth having a stable, playable game. 

If anyone here played WildStar, the first several months of that game were a good demonstration of what Pearl Abyss is trying to avoid. They were constantly adding new content to the game without providing sufficient time to optimize. That led to the game being a buggy mess for months on end.

Oh, and that's why there are bugs reported from when BDO started, am I right? Because they took their time and fixed those, am I right? No. It's all about the money for them. They take us for fools, they don't communicate the slightest with us aside from when it's about the cash shop like that urgent maintenance was to add value packs to the cash shop. They're so despicable that it makes me sick to even start the launcher for the game and I can't think of any possible reason why I should play and support this company. This is no way to treat your customers. We are not players, we are customers from the moment they received our money for their product.

Posted

Daum and Kakao is the same dude :P

nah same owner but they threw out the old management policy into the trash just like all business do when they rebrand

Posted

Not Enough that Node Wars/PvP Is Dieing Quickly.. This is just the FInal Hit to the Wounded Man...

Make This game F2P... Mega Servers... Release ALL Awakenings On the Same Time!... Atleast give us the Weapons so we can Upgrade them.... beforehand...

If Not:

BDO - Dead, 31/08-2016

Posted

Yes, this may cause temporary imbalance in our version of the game, but the cost of that temporary imbalance is completely worth having a stable, playable game. 

No, it's really not.  What good is a "stable game" if it's a ghost town with nobody playing.

The responses in this thread are a clear demonstration of how ignorant the general community is of the software development process.

I work in software development.  If I told our customers that instead of releasing that big cumulative update release we said we were going to release, we're now going to be releasing all their bug fixes 1 at a time bi-weekly I would get laughed out of the room and fired for costing my company millions of dollars when the customer took their business elsewhere.

1 person likes this

Posted

The responses in this thread are a clear demonstration of how ignorant the general community is of the software development process.

Everyone needs to realize that despite the content already existing in other game versions, our version is not identical to those versions. 

The implementation of multiple awakenings at once or in quick succession could end up with unexpected consequences specific to our version of the game. 

Pearl Abyss recognizing this and taking the time to do it right is ABSOLUTELY the correct way of going about it. 

If anyone here played WildStar, the first several months of that game were a good demonstration of what Pearl Abyss is trying to avoid. They were constantly adding new content to the game without providing sufficient time to optimize. That led to the game being a buggy mess for months on end.

Please try to stop overreacting, you may not understand these decisions, but take some time to think about WHY they might be doing it this way, despite the community's reaction. I'd like to urge everyone to take a step back, relax a bit, and try to be a bit more understanding of how difficult it is to create a GIGANTIC world like Black Desert, and keep it functioning reasonably well.

MMOs in general have a massive amount of content, trying to work all the bugs out is quite impossible. But, doing things in a smart, controlled way as Pearl Abyss is doing here, is the best way to ensure that the bugs are manageable and able to be addressed.

Except there is multiple bugs ingame since release, desync is still huge problem, server still has random crashes during nodewars, people still getting patching errors, infact the last patch added some, still animation glitches, still bugged skills, still balance issues and still poor communication from DAUM... What part of all this were they doing right again? Lets not forget, they are developing NOTHING for our version, nothing HAS been developed for our version, only translated and patched. We are just getting copypasted content with minor changes. If Russia gets 6 awakenings within a month without ANY issues whatsoever, then so should we. Unfortunately Kakao is running out of excuses, and even previous whiteknights are switching sides. 

Also notice how Kakao sounds similar to the slang term Caca ?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/caca

n-POOP-EMOJI-ICE-CREAM-large570.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

bye bladers plums ninjas kunos valks wizards witches.

1 person likes this

Posted

you should have stretched it out to a 31 day interval to make people buy a new armstrong for each 56+ character.

You're already milking it, why go with only half measures?

Posted

eUdZMxV.gif

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Everyone needs to realize that despite the content already existing in other game versions, our version is not identical to those versions. 

The implementation of multiple awakenings at once or in quick succession could end up with unexpected consequences specific to our version of the game. 

Pearl Abyss recognizing this and taking the time to do it right is ABSOLUTELY the correct way of going about it. 

Please try to stop overreacting, you may not understand these decisions, but take some time to think about WHY they might be doing it this way, despite the community's reaction. I'd like to urge everyone to take a step back, relax a bit, and try to be a bit more understanding of how difficult it is to create a GIGANTIC world like Black Desert, and keep it functioning reasonably well.

MMOs in general have a massive amount of content, trying to work all the bugs out is quite impossible. But, doing things in a smart, controlled way as Pearl Abyss is doing here, is the best way to ensure that the bugs are manageable and able to be addressed.

Except Wildstar didnt already have said content out and working properly in other countries already?

Edited by Maxo

Posted

Just a few more months and it'll be our turn to shine.

Except that our awakenings are pretty much the weakest ones...

Posted

Except Wildstar didnt already have said content out and working properly in other countries already?

maybe you don't realize just what a tricky process translating text from korean to english really is? cut them some slack ok? BCAK OFF?!??!

Posted

Exactly.  Thanks for proving my point.  All you care about is yourself.  The game's already hemorrhaging players but yeah let's push more people away, that's a great way to keep a game that's already on life support going....  9_9  

Where are people getting this "On Life Support" "It is Dead" "It is Dying" stuff from? In Korea the game is actually thriving. The last exp weekend we had their servers were packed to capacity and no one could really log in. On this side of the field, the top guilds (and I use the term loosely) for pvp vanished. Yet I can ride through Heidel, Calpheon, and Valencia and all those areas (sans Valencia due to ti being new) are packed and congested just like they were at launch with some minimal loss from people who left during the new wave. You can never trust players to be honest about the condition of an MMO, because even the declaration that "WoW is dying" still sees it with a lot of players, and it is way more evident WoW is on a knee than any other MMO. But yes, do keep telling people BDO is dead! While the two most infamous cities are still flooding to the brim with players and new players a like.

Posted

Where are people getting this "On Life Support" "It is Dead" "It is Dying" stuff from? In Korea the game is actually thriving. The last exp weekend we had their servers were packed to capacity and no one could really log in. On this side of the field, the top guilds (and I use the term loosely) for pvp vanished. Yet I can ride through Heidel, Calpheon, and Valencia and all those areas (sans Valencia due to ti being new) are packed and congested just like they were at launch with some minimal loss from people who left during the new wave. You can never trust players to be honest about the condition of an MMO, because even the declaration that "WoW is dying" still sees it with a lot of players, and it is way more evident WoW is on a knee than any other MMO. But yes, do keep telling people BDO is dead! While the two most infamous cities are still flooding to the brim with players and new players a like.

why do you advocate for player turnover so strongly?

Posted

I hope you guys are aware that people are going to quit over this. This can't be good for balance either way you look at it. Like seriously DO you guys know why KBDO isn't popular? It's because of shit like this.

All we asked for was a simple warrior buff to hold us over awakenings.

2 people like this

Posted

you are getting a buff, your awakening weapon. It will hold you over until other classes get theirs.

:^)

Posted

Newly developed balance for an outdated version of the game is about as likely to happen as the pearl shop items being removed from the marketplace.

Posted

why do you advocate for player turnover so strongly?

I am not advocating for anything. If you actually read my very first post coming into the topic I asked a question. So far, most people with sensible extension for intelligence have offered me corrections on misinformation, information for parts of the Awakening process I have not seen or understood, and otherwise moved me up to date on some misconceptions. Everything else? Has been based on my understand of the game alone, as well as one post indicating from me that it is rather complicated to sit in a community when you know neither side is right; company or player base. So, if that looks like advocating to you? I think I will stick to my prior statement that logic and common sense is not the strong suit of these forums.

Posted

maybe you don't realize just what a tricky process translating text from korean to english really is? cut them some slack ok? BCAK OFF?!??!

I was at Gamescom and all I can say is that the translation is not relevant for this topic. All awa´s were translated and they all were doing good.... I spend a lot of time to test most of them and that is why I can not understand what kakao is doing here. Spreading the release of the awa´s a bit is okay, but they could have done the release faster than over a span of 4 till 5 months.

Posted

Can you read?
"
this will allow time for any issues that may arise to bejust like addressed and promote a smooth service."

just liek how the delayed ninja n kuno due to balancing issues and we hav yet to get the update. Or how about the endless bugs runing aroudn on forum which some r patched n we hav yet to get an update. do u srsly blive thy giv a fk. they're jsut wasting our time idk how u can defend this  ppl .they hav screwed us way too many times

Posted

you are getting a buff, your awakening weapon. It will hold you over until other classes get theirs.
:^)

well I'm just assuming that they cared about class balance. I forgot that this company is known for flip flopping on literally everything

Posted

I'll see you guys again in November when Musa gets it. I'm not gonna spend the next 3 months getting shit on.

Posted (edited)

I am not advocating for anything.

Oh, my mistake. if you wish to remain neutral then please endeavor to be more considerate of what you say in the future. I have outlined some of the less than neutral things you have said in a previous statement that could lead people to conclude you are advocating for a player turnover model.

heh.png

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted (edited)

Oh, my mistake. if you wish to remain neutral then please endeavor to be more considerate of what you say in the future. I have outlined some of the less than neutral things you have said in a previous statement that could lead people to conclude you are advocating for a player turnover model.

heh.png

How about I will continue cite where truth is, and let truth just be truth without my words being taken as a construct to a side until I specify what I support? You know, like most individuals do in the real world?

The comment I made because stating "Black Desert Online is Dead/On Life Support/About to Die/On Its Knees" is false. Activity on the Korean side has been at peak notion. What was it again people kept using to cite or specify it was dying? Oh right, the placement chart of BDO on the Korean servers. Which was already deduced as to being full blown horse droppings. Everyone claimed it was in the pits of the MMO selections at a whopping 80-81th position on their charts. Meanwhile a chart came out later saying it was actually in the top 10 most played games in Korea. Once that was proven, people jumped ship from "It's not doing so hot" to "It is more or less hanging on by a thread." 

Oh really? Hanging on by a thread you say? Heidel and Calpheon must be full of either my alts or some really good bots then. That is a lot of player activity, congestion, and strain on the server to just be a dying game. I do wonder where people get their representation or facts of "It is dying" from. It seems to me if a few guilds leave or people declare they hate something and they are leaving, people take this "minority" as the "majority" and transition that to "evidence" of some kind of "killed or destroyed community." 

The funnier part? Some of these same individuals who claim to have been done with BDO when Ninja and Kuno took awhile are still here. When Blader and Plum took awhile? Are still here. When Warrior was "Worst Class Ever" are still here. When "P2W" hit BDO? Are still here. You see the pattern now? If anything is dying it is the amount of excuses and ways to pin someone else as a "Kakao Supporter/Advocate" that get used on these forums. Also thank you for citing and even, terribly I might add, highlighting exactly what I said. I was under the impression I had my head together and did not need a refresher but clearly you have shown me the opposite! What would I ever do without you?

Edited by Ad Astra