• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Updated: Awakening Announcement

1,006 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if we understand each other.

If they have to add code to our version of the game (client and/or server) to bring awakening and valencia p2, our build is different because it is missing something in comparison to the "complete" build. Adding something is always a risk, even when you already tested it. Adding/modifying paz file or changing values in a DB table isn't something they should be afraid of.

If instead, the build is complete and exactly the same as the one used in the complete version of the game but they just added variables to turn on/off to add/remove content, then yes, we have everything and releases should be fairly easy.

The code is probably already in the game as the translations are. There is risk to adding it, but it is low due to it being in the other versions and the code throughout the rest of the game is not unique in our version.

If I remember correctly, the entire leveling system is different as well. I think KR has an easier time getting to 50 than we do-- so much so, in fact, that someone who powerlevels in KR will have a fraction of the CP that someone in NA would have also powerleveling.

Our leveling curve is now basically the same as KR. KR runs more double xp events though. Even if it is different, that is just variable change and shouldn't be effected by the awakenings.

Posted

Here how I actually think things should work:

resuming the whole flow...

git checkout na-version-branc

git merge warrior-awakening

*fix confilcts if present*

git merge sorc-awakening

repeat and rinse for every developed feature you want to release...

git commit -a -m "blah blah text nobody will ever read or trust"

git push origin --all

make (or ant or whatever)

have fun performin regression tests (but probably this step isn't even planned ^^)

send package to Publisher

publisher has fun doing UAT (even here... some real doubt this step gets performed)

publisher puts live the delivered package

final tests (where they decide if rolling back all or extend maintenance - this usually implies some harsh phone call with coders)

features go live, and users start finding bugs (performing the optional phases skipped to save time/money)

if this ain't possible send an email to PA with the command:

git gud at structuring a project ^^

TL/RL/don't understand magik: Make a laugh from time to time

Credits: I've been in sw industry for 20 years :)

God Bless VI!

1 person likes this

Posted

Here how I actually think things should work:

resuming the whole flow...

git checkout na-version-branc

git merge warrior-awakening

git merge sorc-awakening

repeat and rinse for every developed feature you want to release...

git commit -a -m "blah blah text nobody will ever read or trust"

git push origin --all

make (or ant or whatever)

have fun performin regression tests (but probably this step isn't even planned ^^)

send package to Publisher

publisher has fun doing UAT (even here... some real doubt this step gets performed)

publisher puts live the delivered package

final tests (where they decide if rolling back all or extend maintenance - this usually implies some harsh phone call with coders)

features go live, and users start finding bugs (performing the optional phases skipped to save time/money)

if this ain't possible send an email to PA with the command:

git gud at structuring a project ^^

TL/RL/don't understand magik: Make a laugh from time to time

Credits: I've been in sw industry for 20 years :)

God Bless VI!

I doubt they are that organized. they're probably even doing their development all on the master branch for all we know.

Posted

Time to level my low level alts while i wait for my main's awakening

Posted

I doubt they are that organized. they're probably even doing their development all on the master branch for all we know.

That's the point :) we don't know how things were developed, if they branched each awakening or if they branched casually for a couple of features or if they branched at all, and if they didn't, it's highly difficult they could perform releases with this kind of modularity. (And development of awakenings was spread across a pretty large time-frame...) 

Lol just try to imagine an hypotetical merge of just 2 branches done 1 or more years ago.. the eternal damnation would be better :D.

1 person likes this

Posted

Even if they did release all the current awakenings at 31/8 and kept their promises witch awakening will not be one of them...........so i cant see your problem

The major one, even without Wiz/Witch awakenings is I'm just not going to sit through every 2 weeks of Awakenings being more OP than a base class.

I'll come back when all that crap is sorted out.

I have no intention of re-rolling like most people seem to be planning on doing that.

My entire point besides what class I main is that everyone will suffer from this until they actually get their awakening.

We just have to wait the longest. Therefore RIP competitive Witches/Wiz.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's the point :) we don't know how things were developed, if they branched each awakening or if they branched casually for a couple of features or if they branched at all, and if they didn't, it's highly difficult they could perform releases with this kind of modularity. (And development of awakenings was spread across a pretty large time-frame...) 

Lol just try to imagine an hypotetical merge of just 2 branches done 1 or more years ago.. the eternal damnation would be better :D.

I have a feeling they developed it in a pretty modular way seeing as all our patches up to this point have been hodge podges of KR patches.

Posted

I have a feeling they developed it in a pretty modular way seeing as all our patches up to this point have been hodge podges of KR patches.

For some feature I'm also pretty sure they have, but regarding awakenings, there's the time frame between the 1st developed one and the last one, it is a bit too wide, the chance they branched out from an already merged branch (holding maybe some other feature we can' t have right now), it's one of the few real justifications, if not the only one I can think of to justify them releasing things in small steps. (not considering conspiracy theories and other funny stuffs I've read).

Real truth is, without knowing how things were coded back in the days, we may just speculate. Btw the git listing was for having a few laughs, I've read some informatical tension and tried to cool it down ;) 

1 person likes this

Posted

The people that compare KR awakening releases compared to us have no clue what they're talking about. We have the content, KR did not at the time, they had to wait for it to actually be made. If we have the content why should we have to wait so long to get our awakenings?

Actually, it's not as easy as just turning it on.  It still has to be adjusted and tested to work for our version.  It's still got to be monitored and worked on and adapted with translations, make sure that those are coded correctly, and have the correct balances and numbers needed for our version.  Each adjustment has to be worked on, and if something is wrong it needs to be sent back to KR, wait for a fix get tested and then so forth.  Sometimes it's a long process, and sometimes things don't work as they're intended to.  We don't exactly "have the content".

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually, it's not as easy as just turning it on.  It still has to be adjusted and tested to work for our version.  It's still got to be monitored and worked on and adapted with translations, make sure that those are coded correctly, and have the correct balances and numbers needed for our version.  Each adjustment has to be worked on, and if something is wrong it needs to be sent back to KR, wait for a fix get tested and then so forth.  Sometimes it's a long process, and sometimes things don't work as they're intended to.  We don't exactly "have the content".

What needs adjusted? Not the balance, we have the same balance as KR. No reason to adjust kill numbers on the quests. There are no adjustments. The translations are done. They can be found in the .pak files.

Posted

What needs adjusted? Not the balance, we have the same balance as KR. No reason to adjust kill numbers on the quests. There are no adjustments. The translations are done. They can be found in the .pak files.

We don't have the same adjustments as KR.  You can even go through the patch notes and know that it isn't the same.  No one said anything about kill numbers, but it's just for damage done and making sure everything is balanced and working with each class and their build/their build for NA.  And when I say adapted with translations, I mean you have to make sure that everything coded with the translations does what it is supposed to do and coordinating with what it is lined up with as far as skill action etc.  It's still really not as easy as people think it is.  I'd rather have it done this way and wait for my class than to have it all out at once and have it be a huge storm.

Posted (edited)

We don't have the same adjustments as KR.  You can even go through the patch notes and know that it isn't the same.  No one said anything about kill numbers, but it's just for damage done and making sure everything is balanced and working with each class and their build/their build for NA.  And when I say adapted with translations, I mean you have to make sure that everything coded with the translations does what it is supposed to do and coordinating with what it is lined up with as far as skill action etc.  It's still really not as easy as people think it is.  I'd rather have it done this way and wait for my class than to have it all out at once and have it be a huge storm.

We actually do have the same adjustment as KR when it comes to balance of weapons, skills (we've been getting balance changes based on having awakenings despite not having awakenings since the game was released here) and most other parts of the game. Ok, Ninja/kunoichi don't have the buff they were delayed for (KR still has it) just another failure on Kakao to deliver what they said. Translations are done and as accurate as any other translation in the game (Gamescon is also proof of this). 

Edited by Noth

Posted

@CM_Aethon just make it out 2 at a time instead of one, following your schedule. It would make ppl happier(i know you don't care lolz) and it would be faster. 1 or 2 awakenings every time wouldn't make it hard to fix EVENTUALLY bugs you could find

Posted

Besides field bosses and some cash shop items what exactly is so different between versions?  People keep talking like they're having to develop a completely brand new game from scratch for NA or something lol.  The bulk of the work and testing has already been done as the awakenings are clearly working just fine in KR.  All the publishers have to do is localize and run some sanity testing to make sure they didn't introduce any major regressions.  Unless KaKao is some 3 man company working out of their garage releasing this stuff should be an pretty straight forward and simple process.  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Time to level my low level alts while i wait for my main's awakening

I assume this is how most players will deal with this and the game folks probably want us to do so so we'll be tempted to pump money into addons and costumes for alts, but it might be wiser to continue on your main in order to build skill points... running and hiding from awakened class players who want your grind spot o course. :/

Edited by sixsevenfour

Posted

i'm not sure you realise how wrong you are. Maybe you'd like to roll a witch or a ranger and take yourself to rbf and see how many people you don't faceroll.

Witches and Wizards haven't even seen their awakening yet, and rangers get their awakening fourth. The whole idea of the awakening was to improve classes where they were weak in high level content starting with the most needed classes first.. Eg. Warrior.

Personally I don't understand the order that they chose to do them in, it should have been Warrior, Valk, Berzerker, Sorc etc due to these classes all having issues with high level grinding, but w/e I won't argue with the order.

have you played this game?  Too much time on the forums.  

Posted

1. not investing a single cent in the cash shop  to pay for half-ass'ed game planning. 

2. There is  going to be a lot of issues I am sure with player base as well there is going to be a lot of regret if you  do not do at least the core class's in 1 lump and what come let be in terms of bugs.

3. There is already a of pissed off people already why antagonize  the player base further....

4. personally I would rather not see any awakenings till most can be released at the same time. The unbalance of this will more then likely cause a systemic problem with player base

Posted

Do the forum warriors not realize that their witches are already balanced with awakened classes?  The average IQ here is scary.

Posted

Do the forum warriors not realize that their witches are already balanced with awakened classes?  The average IQ here is scary.

I don't have a witch/wizard, but if you wish to make an insult on intelligence, realize that IQ isn't measured against knowledge on a video game's situation

Posted

I don't have a witch/wizard, but if you wish to make an insult on intelligence, realize that IQ isn't measured against knowledge on a video game's situation

But it is a colloquial way to refer to intelligence.... :D

Posted

But it is a colloquial way to refer to intelligence.... :D

Yeah but still, intelligence and ignorance are 2 different things. 

Posted

What a idiotic bullshit is this ? My god the math doesnt adds up.

How in the hell you want to catch up the KR version when only awakenings will take 5 months ?

So all existing awakenings by-weekly by end of this year (if wizards/witch dont get their awakening this year in KR) lets see this BS

Classes:

1. Warrior 31.8

2. Sorcereress 14.9

3. Ranger 28.9

4. Berserker 12.10

5. Tamer 26.10

6. Valkirie 9.11

7. Musa 23.11

8. Maehwa 7.12

9. Ninja 21.12

10. Kunoichi 4.1.2017

11. Wizard ?? 2017

12. Witch ?? 2017

Please tell me this release list is a joke.Sorc 2nd...Ranger 3rd Wtf is with this bullshit.

Posted

Please tell me this release list is a joke.Sorc 2nd...Ranger 3rd Wtf is with this bullshit.

It's just a copy/paste of how they were released in Korea, no more, no less.

Posted

HAHA are you Plunges sister or brother? I bet you were arguing each other for thousands hours. Whatever you write here i dont care , i have written what i wanted and i dont care what you think. For me is this game dead and sometimes im come here on forums to have fun and see what for more crap they announce.

Okay. Enjoy your exit, and do not let the door hit you where the good lord split you. 

Have no idea who Plunge is. 

Posted

I've worked on both sides of development and how things are handled here is determined by the nature of the updates and if it's pre-release prod side developing new features or post-release support side making bug fixes.  Anyone doing any sort of software development should be well versed in using their preferred flavor of versioning control so I don't see how making a few branches and maintaining multiple versions is a valid excuse here. 

I wasn't trying to excuse them, I AM annoyed by this ----- up. What I was saying is that it may not be just a "change that parameters and voila : awakenings !" but a bit more error prone, like having to patch a different build than those that already have that content. Maintaining branches and merging them into a build isn't risk free.

And for your question, no I don't think Kakao does any coding that isn't marketing related.