• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Updated: Awakening Announcement

1,006 posts in this topic

Posted

Man, y'all are f*ckin retards. Just a few months ago, you were all excited for the game to come out. Not even a week later y'all find sh*t to complain about. The same d@mn thing is happening to the awakening system. "Oh man, I can't wait for the awakening! It's going to be awesome!" (Few weeks into the hype). "Oh man, they're releasing awakening bi-weekly? WTF black desert? content dripping selfish mofos!"

You'd be right if it wasn't hinted, repeatedly, that for balance reasons we'd be getting all the awakenings at once.

Then a sudden 180 degree turn later, balance is a non-issue, 1 awakening is release alongside a patch with content that's nearly impossible to do without awakenings and a boss that exclusively drops awakening weapons.

If you're going to complain we're whining, at least do everyone the favour and understand WHY we're "whining".

Posted (edited)

Here, a very recent test that also qualifies your post

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3584&p=2&l=25526

I haven't bothered to test for myself in KR, but this guy seems to show the damage formula for awakened skills looks like the sum: 1.85*(Mainhand AP) + 2.55*(Awakened AP) for whatever skill he was testing.in other words, the damage contribution from the mainhand is about 42% (1.85/(1.85+2.55))

He didn't test accessories and I'm not sure how accounted for accuracy (unless he made sure all hits connected) so this formula isn't exact, but nonetheless shows something different.

Edited by Impact
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope yall will release more than just the mirror classes together. Hopefully after the first few awakenings have been rolled out you might release more at a faster rate because 1 every 2 weeks outside of mirror classes is a little silly imo. PA and you should be able to handle 2 ever 2 weeks at very least. 2 released at a time would be reasonable especially considering ive heard RU got 4 classes released in the first batch of awakenings released. I know thats with a different publisher but still PA should be able to come up with more than 1 every 2 weeks if thats the case. 

Posted

This has been debunked as a rumor. KR players have tested it and half the AP of the mainhand does not carry over to Awakened weapon damage. 

>debunked as a rumor

As he spreads rumor without source. Go home.

Posted

Image result for sad tissue box

just stopping by to pass these out

Posted

Image result for sad tissue box

just stopping by to pass these out

How kind and considerate of you. If you're a warrior (Just guessing here) I suspect you will need them in a few months for when everyone has their awakenings.

Posted

How kind and considerate of you. If you're a warrior (Just guessing here) I suspect you will need them in a few months for when everyone has their awakenings.

Actually a Musa, so I'll probably go through 100 of those boxes until my class awakening. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually a Musa, so I'll probably go through 100 of those boxes until my class awakening. 

I just had a thought....I wonder if Pearl Abyss hold shares in a tissue factory? It would explain a lot.

Posted

Oh cool, drip fed awakenings that will cause extreme imbalance in the game until new year. Pretty much not worth playing until your main characters awakening comes out. I guess the order will be Warrior, Sorc, Zerker, ranger, tamer, valk, Blader/plum, ninjas, NPC, black sprit, Albanian traffic wardens, lollypop ladies, midget transvestites and then wiz/wit?

Its just really weird why the devs do these things after hinting to the contrary. Awakenings have been out for a while, pretty sure releasing all currently available awakenings that are in KA would be less of an imbalance than one at a time every fortnight? Meh, why bother.  

1 person likes this

Posted

by the end of the year is still 3 months away. My awakening for ranger is a little over 1 month away so i can wait it out even though i would of rather had it much sooner. But everyone else who has to wait close to the end is gonna suffer so horribly, kakao/daum may think they're being clever or smart by doing it like this cause it will give time to patch/balance bugs and stuff but they're ultimately just gonna make a portion of the playerbase unhappy like they've done in the past because they don't like to listen to our feedback, even though they always ask for it it really is just them doing whatever they want at the end of the day.

Posted

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So much QQ its hilarious!!!

Posted

It is sooo funny, when Mediah was released you all were crying why they release new Content so fast, now they drip in awakenings and all of you cry because you have to wait for yours to come.

And now don't complain about Balance that classes with awakenings are so OP thats bull***t... The game is not, was not and never will be balanced for a one on one, therefore in a 10 vs 10 it does not matter is one guy has an awakening... and unless you find a guild which is doing a 100 man nodewar with only warriors the Balance is totally fine, the issue is just that you all want the awakening NOW and are not willing to wait but before you were all crying cause Content was released so fast.

You know, once the Update with battleships come out at the end of the year, we have to wait for new Content like the korean guys do which takes time, so no monthly big updates, what then ? then you all cry the game is boring and leave, so do us all a favor and leave now, Btw. WoW Legion is out, give it a try and stop ruining this game for others!

2 people like this

Posted

RIP ALL NINJAS.
We are screwed more than anyone else here :)

Wait about 5-6 Months to play our class then wait and watch how everyone is enjoying their awekenings for next 4 months :/

Posted

Dont worry bro, only another 3 months of running away from everyone before we receive our glaive of doom and make others run from us! 

3 more fuc---- months...

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska @

"Update: After hearing the concerns voiced by several players about the release dates extending into the end of the year, we'd like to clarify that some class Awakenings such as Witch / Wizard, Musa / Maehwa, and Ninja / Kunoichi will be released as a pair. This will assist in reducing the amount of weeks necessary between some Awakenings allowing for sufficient room to be completed by the end of this year."

Can someone official confirm or not if we (Valkyries) will get ours tomorrow and if not will we get ours earlier as technically Warrior = Valkyrie? If it is too early can you at least pair Valkyrie with sorc or Ranger just to get us out there more asap before the class is completely dead? Kind of feels we got shafted if you pair eveeryone BUT warrior / Valkyrie :(

Edited by Mountain Hound

Posted

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska @

"Update: After hearing the concerns voiced by several players about the release dates extending into the end of the year, we'd like to clarify that some class Awakenings such as Witch / Wizard, Musa / Maehwa, and Ninja / Kunoichi will be released as a pair. This will assist in reducing the amount of weeks necessary between some Awakenings allowing for sufficient room to be completed by the end of this year."

Can someone official confirm or not if we (Valkyries) will get ours tomorrow and if not will we get ours earlier as technically Warrior = Valkyrie? If it is too early can you at least pair Valkyrie with sorc or Ranger just to get us out there more asap before the class is completely dead? Kind of feels we got shafted if you pair eveeryone BUT warrior / Valkyrie :(

I have no official sources but i bet valks will get awakening in november

Posted

warrior != valkyrie.. wizzard !=witch.. but maybe iam blind :D

Posted

It may be true, that warrior and valk do not have much in common, but they use the exact same gear. So if you release the warrior awakening several weeks or months before the valk awakening a great deal of the already few valk players will switch. Switching even gets more appealing since the warrior awakening is considered far stronger than the valk awakening.

Posted

It may be true, that warrior and valk do not have much in common, but they use the exact same gear. So if you release the warrior awakening several weeks or months before the valk awakening a great deal of the already few valk players will switch. Switching even gets more appealing since the warrior awakening is considered far stronger than the valk awakening.

Congratulations, you figured out why they're staggering the releases.

Posted

Congratulations, you figured out why they're staggering the releases.

Because they don't want anyone to play Valkyrie? I believe once people pick Warrior and get that awakening they wont go back to Valkyrie. If they were smart they would of released the weaker of the 2 first which is valk so there was a reason to grind a valk up...

Posted

Because they don't want anyone to play Valkyrie? I believe once people pick Warrior and get that awakening they wont go back to Valkyrie. If they were smart they would of released the weaker of the 2 first which is valk so there was a reason to grind a valk up...

Smart? Oo

No sir, they want you to reroll to spend more money on more weight increase, more bag slots, more costumes for your new main.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Smart? Oo

No sir, they want you to reroll to spend more money on more weight increase, more bag slots, more costumes for your new main.

My point is, why would anyone re-roll 2 months later to get the shitter awakening?

Guess they don't like valks.

Edited by Mountain Hound

Posted (edited)

My point is, why would anyone re-roll 2 months later to get the shitter awakening?

Guess they don't like valks.

Don't think they've given the valk situation any thought when coming up with this scheme truth be told, they just copy/pasted the Korean order (which is the order in which they were developed, nothing really mysterious about it) and slapped on the pairs cause they figured out (after being told 500 times on the forums) that they wouldn't make it by the end of the year.

Edit: I play a valk main btw, I know the pains ;)

Edited by Jeynar
1 person likes this

Posted

"Update: After hearing the concerns voiced by several players about the release dates extending into the end of the year, we'd like to clarify that some class Awakenings such as Witch / Wizard, Musa / Maehwa, and Ninja / Kunoichi will be released as a pair. This will assist in reducing the amount of weeks necessary between some Awakenings allowing for sufficient room to be completed by the end of this year."

This is exactly what i thought, ppl freaking out about 5-6 months till their awakening. patience ppl its a virtue.