• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Updated: Awakening Announcement

1,006 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a warrior and I approve this message. To all of the people crying 'oh i'm a musa and I have to wait 3 months for balance?'

Us warriors had to wait what.. almost 6 months to finally be balanced with other classes? Awakening nerf patch with no awakening? If only you played warrior pre awakenings and you new their true power before they got nerfed into the ground because awakening.

Cry more. 

71150880.thumb.jpg.be19f3cf7b59738f933d2a39d2225904.jpg

look Son a Warrior thinks hes good. Just "g-----" em until they cry for a Buff.

Posted

I'm a warrior and I approve this message. To all of the people crying 'oh i'm a musa and I have to wait 3 months for balance?'

Us warriors had to wait what.. almost 6 months to finally be balanced with other classes? Awakening nerf patch with no awakening? If only you played warrior pre awakenings and you new their true power before they got nerfed into the ground because awakening.

Cry more. 

71150880.thumb.jpg.be19f3cf7b59738f933d2a39d2225904.jpg

How's them Tier 1 nodewars goin for ya? ;)

Posted

Warriors still weak. :x

Posted

I regret my decision to make a Witch and then a Musa as a "ill have an awakening soon" alt.

GG You just completely ruined any kind of balance the game had for the next 4 months.

Posted

I do not understand ... this is now to fully laugh at people? Biweekly? one by one? hahaha and meanwhile it ? A class that touch you in last place is going to throw three..four months being thrashed? It's completely hilarious...PLEASE, fix server first ( Iframes, Desync, etc....) and dont lost time modeling more customes or something like that to just earn money, if people get tired of being ignored will start looking for another places...

Posted

Posted

This company is so full of crap, no wonder why so many has quit...Earlier it was stated that you held back awakenings so all would be released at the same time. Now you state it will be bi weekly....like your "the game will never be p2win"

Obviously nothing is to be trusted from here...Lies and lies is all people get.

2 people like this

Posted

First let me say I have played a tremendous amount of MMORPG's. SWG, WoW, EQ, GW, COH, Matrix Online, AOC, Rift and many many others. This is the first game I've played where a class has obvious broken issues that remain unfixed. For example, Ninja Heart Aiming has been broken since the class released. So many other game developers would have put a hotfix in ASAP. Instead we get new costumes????? I've invested around $500.00 in this game and I truly wish I had not done so. This game has so much potential i'ts mind blowing. But your lack of attention to huge issues is disgusting. I work 40 hrs a week. I have a wife, 4 children and other things to do in my life rather than play games all the time. I love playing casually since I cannot play hard core anymore. I simply don't have the time to. One big issue this game has is that it is focused for the hard core gamer. Sure with the 16 hrs a week I have to play I can eventually become competetive in PvP and maybe some day get into Valencia and seige wars and all the fun content that is rolling out. But the reality is when I do get to play I'm stuck farming the same spot every time just to make enough money to try and upgrade 1 piece of gear. And more often than not fail at that upgrade. I'm not saying that people that dedicate 40 plus hours a week should not be rewarded for their time. But for the casual gamer, this game is a long dredge of farming and not very fun. I love the world this game has built, I love the combat and the challenge of mastering a class. But with all the issues this game has that are left to continue to plague the players it seems not worth my time. Lag spikes, Server Dc's, Broken class mechanics. It's all evidence that you, the developers, don't care about your game. Your turning this game into a cash grab, and I've seen to many games go down this same road and end up shutting down their servers for good. Fix the game issues, stop releasing stupid cash shop items, Listen to your player base. This game could be great. But if you continue down this road your on you will lose so many players to other games that are better put together. I've seen beta stage games in better shape than this one.

2 people like this

Posted

Ok so its obvious it's all about the money. KAKAO want people to drop their main chars and jump to those with awakens already released (and buy weight, slots, costumes ofc). I do not find any other reason (KR got those awakens for a long period of time. They only need to translate the skills...).

Anyway if i play ninja and i will stick with it to play with greedy bastards and don't let KAKAO earn more money will it still be possible to roll dandelion from night vendor/harpia for classes that don't have awaken yet?

Posted

About the Warrior awakening... I only think in one thing.

Posted

Oh well gg  6 months  of unbalanced game. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As seen in other regions, these updates usually took some time and were made over several months. However, our developers, Pearl Abyss, have indicated they would like to bring the NA/EU region up to the most current version of Black Desert Online by the end of this year. This is to ensure all players from around the world are able to enjoy the same new content upon release. The idea of releasing every existing class awakening before next year is also in the same vein.

What a idiotic bullshit is this ? My god the math doesnt adds up.

How in the hell you want to catch up the KR version when only awakenings will take 5 months ?

So all existing awakenings by-weekly by end of this year (if wizards/witch dont get their awakening this year in KR) lets see this BS

Classes:

1. Warrior 31.8

2. Sorcereress 14.9

3. Ranger 28.9

4. Berserker 12.10

5. Tamer 26.10

6. Valkirie 9.11

7. Musa 23.11

8. Maehwa 7.12

9. Ninja 21.12

10. Kunoichi 4.1.2017

11. Wizard ?? 2017

12. Witch ?? 2017

Edited by mate

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are excited to announce new information on one of the most heavily requested and discussed content releases of Black Desert Online. As many of you are aware by now, at Gamescom, we announced the release for Awakenings. The content will be released on a bi-weekly basis starting with the Warrior class on August 31st, followed by the Sorceress on September 14th. We intend to release each awakening in 2 week intervals, this will allow time for any issues that may arise to be addressed and promote a smooth service. We will do our best to make sure that every class awakening can be released by the end of the year.

The initial plan was to start releasing the awakenings around the end of this year, but the plan has been adjusted from what we’ve originally intended due to high demand. As seen in other regions, these updates usually took some time and were made over several months. However, our developers, Pearl Abyss, have indicated they would like to bring the NA/EU region up to the most current version of Black Desert Online by the end of this year. This is to ensure all players from around the world are able to enjoy the same new content upon release. The idea of releasing every existing class awakening before next year is also in the same vein.

Coupled with the start of the Awakening Series, we will launch the Valencia Part 2 update which gives players several new features to explore including Muiquun, the land of outlaws, Arehaza Town within the Areha Palm Forest, the Aakman Temple and the Hysteria Ruins.

We are very pleased to be able to bring these contents to you very soon. Happy Awakenings!

You mean you didn't have the balls to stand up against Pearl Abyss as Russia did? They've got half the awakenings in one go. Now you're just (quite litterally) -----ing all classes and making them useless and broken untill they get their awakening.

Well played, you just lost another few thousand players on this already half empty game. You've just proven to be puppets :D

Posted (edited)

The choice to release this content one class at a time over such wide intervals will unquestionably throw balance out the window, and for months. <scratches head> I am so glad I'm not doing any PVP yet.

I think it would be a good idea to not muck about and at least admit which class is going to be getting face rolled the longest. I have no doubt the developers already know, and I think it's only fair given how absurd balance is going to be to inform the community of the entire rollout schedule so people know what they're in for, and how long for.

Isn't awakenings already out in Korea? Mmm...this is all very confusing to me. I know every major change comes with cries of protest and threats to quit...but this time around I think I'd totally quit if I was into competitive PVP and discovered My class isn't getting awakened before Christmas. Asking other classes to wait so long is crazy...if I didn't quit it would be because I rolled a Warrior, aware that by the time my main gets awakened my new alt would likely out gear them and possibly out level them.

How is this post not getting more attention ?
This is spot on, in a PvP/GvG game balance is key.

Now for months balance won't be there and people will stop playing... and a lot more than you think...

Edited by LeviathaNz
1 person likes this

Posted

hype

Posted

I'm just, what exactly do you needy crybabys want? All the awakenings all at once bug ridden and broken so you can complain about that and quit? Or do you want all awakenings in like 4 months when they're fully ready so you can complain for 4 months about why we don't have any awakenings?

I don't like kakao as much as the next person but this community is literally becoming cancer that finds a reason to be salty, you expect them to shove out content likes its magic at a pace thats matches your ability to no life grind pirates to 60. Holy hell..

Posted

Again you clearly have no idea what awakenings do. It balances out all of a classes weaknesses. Awakened classes will donger you if they are decently geared for the next half a year...... If you don't think that will hurt the game all for a content drip then you probably don't do anything but milk cows and gather sheep all day :) 

Some classes have  been 'dongering' for the last few months.. i don't see the difference now? now it will simply be another class until all awakenings come out. 

Posted

you suck kakao no -----ing reason to release every 2 weeks

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are excited to announce new information on one of the most heavily requested and discussed content releases of Black Desert Online. As many of you are aware by now, at Gamescom, we announced the release for Awakenings. The content will be released on a bi-weekly basis starting with the Warrior class on August 31st, followed by the Sorceress on September 14th. We intend to release each awakening in 2 week intervals, this will allow time for any issues that may arise to be addressed and promote a smooth service. We will do our best to make sure that every class awakening can be released by the end of the year.

4VllWjQ.png

The initial plan was to start releasing the awakenings around the end of this year, but the plan has been adjusted from what we’ve originally intended due to high demand. As seen in other regions, these updates usually took some time and were made over several months. However, our developers, Pearl Abyss, have indicated they would like to bring the NA/EU region up to the most current version of Black Desert Online by the end of this year. This is to ensure all players from around the world are able to enjoy the same new content upon release. The idea of releasing every existing class awakening before next year is also in the same vein.

lmXLMdL.jpg

Coupled with the start of the Awakening Series, we will launch the Valencia Part 2 update which gives players several new features to explore including Muiquun, the land of outlaws, Arehaza Town within the Areha Palm Forest, the Aakman Temple and the Hysteria Ruins.

We are very pleased to be able to bring these contents to you very soon. Happy Awakenings!

From the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

Posted

skim-cow.jpg

Posted

So can I assume that when you say you will try to release all awakening by end of year, you mean that we might also get multi awakening on certain weeks?

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon

Can you not release 4 awakenings a month? I am not sure why each one needs 2 weeks to test especially if they come out with zero problems. Also, judging by the Warrior followed by Sorc we are going to receive them In KR order. Can this be confirmed?

Warrior - 31st August
Sorceress - 14th September
Beserker - 28th September
Ranger - 12th October
Tamer - 26th October
Valkyrie - 9th November
Musa - 23rd November
Maewa - 7th December

I think a lot would be way more happy with 4 a month...

Warrior , sorc, Beserker, ranger = 31st August
Tamer, Valk, Musa, Maewa = 28th September

Or can you at least confirm the order of them?

Edited by Mountain Hound

Posted

It´s PA that decide when and what will be released in the patches.

It´s to bad that the awakenings are not released as initially intended (all at same time) but as I am not competing in the top 5% I am not to bothered about it. It will have very little effect my gameplay

Posted

On one side, if you are really going to have this game be up to date with its Korean counterpart by the end of the year, I will end up somewhat happier. There is some awesome content that released in Korea recently and the game is clearly improving. My issue with what you are doing is that you are attempting to artificially prolong this game's lifespan by drip-feeding us content in hopes the retention rates remain a bit higher while implementing changes made specifically to raise your profits form the game. This is problematic as its contributing to the degradation of this game. It confuses me that this is the way you are going about keeping your playerbase playing where the game is actually improving. If you didn't completely wreck this game's reputation with the recent changes and PR disasters during Gamescom and instead put all your focus into showing off the improvements done to the game, you could have vastly increased the interest of other players getting in on this ship. 

You should really just stop with the BS, put some solid thought into your business and work improving the business model, the marketing and communication. You have an amazing game filled with potential that's currently being violently -----d by an incredibly greedy company. You can still save this, the question is, will you take the steps required to do so. 

Man I love you <3
That's my thoughts !

Posted

I waited for five months Kunichi (I got the old versions of the KR at the beginning of this year, pre-awakenig buff) now has to wait 5 months and be PK by Warrior, Scor, Ranger, Berserk, Musa ..... will forget ....... I leave this game
I wish you all the patience in waiting for the awakening and balance classes: _