• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Updated: Awakening Announcement

1,006 posts in this topic

Posted

you know its to milk the rerollers $$$$ and nothing else

3 people like this

Posted

Well the balance in game isn't great as it is , but it's not THAT messed up , releasing only one awakening every 2 weeks will make it even worse , i love this game , but i guess i'm done with it ( and i'm the third awakening i'm giant so it's not qq i will get -----d , it's just that it's no fun when balance isn't even considered , maybe some will have fun rolling over 8 classes out of 11 , but i know i wouldn't . ). I guess i'll just play some minor games until another MMO tempts me .

As for you schedule you should realise that 1 awakening every 2 weeks won't bring you close to finishing this year , you'll need 5 and a half months to release them all so yeah , another plan not working either :) .

Sorry if i " sound " too aggressive , not my intention . Just that i had a blast in this game but the last few months made me wanna quit it ....

Have fun everyone ..

Posted

Exactly! They didn't seem to have any major bugs in that build!

"Didn't seem to" and "It does not" are two different things. That build may have been cleaned up drastically compared to what they have had to deal with before. Because the last I heard, there are some classes that are not even done yet as far as awakening goes, and some that need tweaks. I hate to say it, but even I have been victim to this before: Sometimes everything you see as advertised, is probably not as good as it looks at the time you view it. So I rather have certainty than "Well it looked good on the trailer so it has to be about bug free/ready."

Posted

If you assume that the classes that are similar(blader/plum, ninja/kuno and wiz/witch) are going to be bunched in a single patch and you get wiz/witch being the final one - just before Christmas...<----main's wizard q-q

ehm... no

Ninja vs Kunoichi completly different awakenings you can check it up also Musa vs Maehwa

Anyways if this ends up being true they can bunch 2 or more awakenings of any kind  

Posted (edited)

Since I am not able to find information about the correct awakening weapon release order  or a complete list of release dates I would appreciate if this information could be added to this thread to allow all players to calculate the individual release of their corresponding weapon. us there any information about this available yet?

They wont add a complete list cause if they did and one is delayed for whatever reason this forum will explode worse than it already has. So all you get is peoples estimates until next month when more are set in stone.

Edited by Bahska
1 person likes this

Posted

We intend to release each awakening in 2 week intervals, this will allow time for any issues that may arise to be addressed and promote a smooth service.

lol.lie of the year, well, sean murray actually beat you to it, but you're getting close.

2 people like this

Posted

So I rather have certainty than "Well it looked good on the trailer so it has to be about bug free/ready."

Seems pretty bug free and ready in KR RU and JP tho.

Posted

lol.lie of the year, well, sean murray actually beat you to it, but you're getting close.

This is a very constructive post! I would like to ask though that you please elaborate on where the lie is? 

Do you test games or have some active notoriety in the development world for video games? Or does your indication that it is a lie only amount to say the following theories:

"Well they can just turn it on, the classes have been done in X Country for X amount of months?"
"It's not that hard to just put all of them in game, I don't see why you're lying."

Or some other variation of some such rhetoric? I am genuinely curious - because I always feel the smallest answers hold the greatest possibilities!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you know its to milk the rerollers $$$$ and nothing else

that and that

@CM_Aethon you people have no shame whatsoever 

RU is able to get 4 awakenings at once, more than a month ago but we can't get simultaneous awakening releases and we have to wait TWO DAMN WEEKS for one. LMAO. Good joke. 

You people just want to milk rerollers and 2 weeks is the "longest period" you can give to people to throw money at a new class.

You don't consider the players that will have to endure overpowered classes like warrior and giant getting even more overpowered for months. You absolutely don't care but tomorrow when someone logs he's gonna have to endure that shit for 2 weeks, then another class gets buffed and he has to endure more and more of this crap. Have you even tried to imagine how would it feel if you played some of the latter awakening classes and wanted to do pvp in this game for the months to come? I don't think so  

Edited by irrelevant
2 people like this

Posted

They wont add a complete list cause if they did and one is delayed for whatever reason this forum will explode worse than it already has.

Ok. Understandable for me but will the order be the same as in korea and - if so - how was the original awakening release order. For this information they would not need to mention exact dates.

Posted

So all of your hurt feelings posts on Twitter, on Facebook and on these very forums stating "Plans aren't set in stone", "We want to provide clarity" etc etc - what was the point of those?

You literally did what you were called out for doing anyway. 

You even chose the absolute worst alternative to releasing them.

And since you posted this on a Thursday, again, we can expect complete radio silence from you till the patch notes, again, right?

1 person likes this

Posted

This is really disappointing.

Posted

Seems pretty bug free and ready in KR RU and JP tho.

That is a fair point. Though I mean in retrospect, did they not have to fix or test for those too? The difference here for me is that I think people are like "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie No matter the cost!" But if one thing goes wrong, like one skill is too weak, or one feels lack luster, or any varying thing like that? And it would not make a difference if they catered to the demand of "All at Once". It would turn into a fireworks show in here and practically overload on sodium in seconds. Even in Russia's case, (I am curious so I hope my inquiry is not taken as me being passive aggressive) do we have any proof that their whole implementation ran smoothly? That it needed no further tweaking or balancing after just putting them all in? Because if it did need that, and NA got the same, I do not believe the NA base can be trusted to just "Remain Calm" while they fix it.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is really disappointing.

You mean like pretty much everything they decide or just this general patch ?

2 people like this

Posted

As a ninja main this feels extremely bad... Honestly there is nothing worse in a game to release content exclusive to other classes while you don't get nothing. As far as i know power ups in the other games i played were released for all the classes, not just one at time.

if the balance is really your problem why not release 2 awakening every 2 weeks instead of the suggested 1 every week? In this way you still have that one week where you can see how things are going, i mean they are just 2 classes it's not that hard to do.

If not this at least chose the class who are going to receive the awakening randomly so that ninja players like me can have a shot instead of waiting for 6 months (yeah it's an heavely biased suggestion XD). 

Posted

that and that

@CM_Aethon you people have no shame whatsoever 

RU is able to get 4 awakenings at once, more than a month ago but we can't get simultaneous awakening releases and we have to wait TWO DAMN WEEKS for one. LMAO. Good joke. 

You people just want to milk rerollers and 2 weeks is the "longest period" you can give to people to throw money at a new class.

You don't consider the players that will have to endure overpowered classes like warrior and giant getting even more overpowered for months. You absolutely don't care but tomorrow when someone logs he's gonna have to endure that shit for 2 weeks, then another class gets buffed and he has to endure more and more of this crap. Have you even tried to imagine how would it feel if you played some of the latter awakening classes and wanted to do pvp in this game for the months to come? I don't think so  

I am wondering what do you mean by this "Milk Rerollers" concept. Could you please explain?

Posted (edited)

Because if it did need that, and NA got the same, I do not believe the NA base can be trusted to just "Remain Calm" while they fix it.

Why not? We were more or less calm when they were fixing node wars and that took bloody AGES. The pre-16+ event that started dropping shards for us lasted 6 weeks instead of the 2 it was scheduled to last.

The only reason we can't "remain calm" at this point is cause we're being treated like crap.

I am wondering what do you mean by this "Milk Rerollers" concept. Could you please explain?

They're hoping 1,000 people will re-roll warrior this week and buy a costume.

It's fairly straight forward.

Edited by Jeynar

Posted

If you would have read the previous pages it has been explained in great detail.

Posted

The idea of releasing every existing class awakening before next year is also in the same vein.

By biweekly i hope you guys mean 2 classes each week and not 1 class every 2 weeks, otherwise you are probably lying again.

Posted (edited)

This is great! So you are releasing this great content.. but I can't do any of it until.. what december? GG

How far behind am I going to be when I finally get it?

Edited by mb52

Posted

Thanks for releasing V2, its too bad the only people who will be able to do any of it will be Warriors followed shortly by Sorc's.

Posted

*waits for ranger*

From what I've heard ranger is horrid though.

Posted

Having a bi-weekly release to address any issues? What kind of issues might those be? Skills not working as intended, text errors, graphical errors, the odd game-breaker? It's certainly not aimed at balancing because you have nothing to balance it against until they're all out. Perhaps after the plan for the first two, Warrior and Sorceress, you may consider speeding up the process a bit. Otherwise the game itself will be in a bit of a disarray pretty much everywhere from sausans on. Though I doubt fishers will have any trouble with it ;)

Posted (edited)

"Didn't seem to" and "It does not" are two different things. That build may have been cleaned up drastically compared to what they have had to deal with before. Because the last I heard, there are some classes that are not even done yet as far as awakening goes, and some that need tweaks. I hate to say it, but even I have been victim to this before: Sometimes everything you see as advertised, is probably not as good as it looks at the time you view it. So I rather have certainty than "Well it looked good on the trailer so it has to be about bug free/ready."

You approach this issue by assuming. You assume that the awakenings build is not bug free and so bi weekly release is necessary to find out and iron out bugs. It doesnt make sense because

1. Its allready out in korea for long time

2. Even if true KAKAO is not developer they cant fix bugs themselves

My approach and also other ranting players approach is based on FACTS not assuming

1. Daum stated - we will delay awakenings and release them all at once FACT

2. Daum stated - due to high demmand we will release them on bi-weekly basis FACT

Edited by mate

Posted

Why not? We were more or less calm when they were fixing node wars and that took bloody AGES. The pre-16+ event that started dropping shards for us lasted 6 weeks instead of the 2 it was scheduled to last.

The only reason we can't "remain calm" at this point is cause we're being treated like crap.

They're hoping 1,000 people will re-roll warrior this week and buy a costume.

It's fairly straight forward.

I do not recall a single point in this game's inception for when the player base was "calm" other than when the talk for specifics of included features for RPers came to mind. I recall Warriors outright in the first week losing their minds over class stuff, but not realizing skills were working as intended, they were just translated poorly. I remember people going full tilt over the entry price of getting into BDO. I remember people threatening Daum/Kakao about the T5 Male horse situation. I can think of so many other instances where calm is literally an antonym for what went on in this community. 

Being treated like "crap" is debatable, because I know a good load of people who feel the opposite, if I play Devil's advocate no two sides can be right at the same time, but they can make their cases much more valid with proof, concrete evidence, not personal feelings.

And fair enough at the explanation of the "Milk Rerollers" thing, but honestly, I do not think Daum expects 1000 people, let alone anybody to reroll to Warrior and buy a costume. That would mean that the general populace would have to grind, and based on the vocal nature of most of the community they feel the grind is too hard, too much, and not all they want to play the game for. Logically speaking, if people already have a main that is not Warrior, the likelyhood of them doing it just for a costume is actually really ridiculous. Even some of the Warriors I know who are 56 - 60 do not even like any of the costumes enough to spend money on them, and will just buy them off the MP. The few that do want to buy the costumes only one them for specific parts of it, the Helm specifically. So that is not even a lot of income when you really think about it.

2 people like this