• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Give our guild skill points back: unannounced change in guild size/quests since patch 24-08-2016

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

Apparently there have been some changes made in how guild size is calculated since the latest patch. The size used the be determined by the amount of available slots, now it is suddenly based on the actually amount of members. This effects the size of the guild quests and suddenly it pays off to keep inactive accounts on the roster.

In our situation – and I am fairly sure we aren’t the only guild that did this – we upgraded our guild to xlarge to get bigger quests. We enjoy doing them and they pay much better. We never intended to fill all our slots and we make it a habit to keep a clean roster with no inactive accounts.

I am not saying this change is bad or not – there is a point to be made for both opinions. However, I do feel that the skill points that guilds have been investing to get up to a certain number, must be refunded to invest in other things. Our guild has no intention to become a large guild and is quite happy with our 30 to maximum 50 range, allowing us to really get to know each other and be friends, not just guild mates.

I also think there needs to be an adjustment in which only active contracts are being included in both guild size determination and member count in the guild ranking. If Kakaogames wants to do this, then do it right and fair and don’t tempt guilds to keep inactive accounts on their roster. 

Kind regards,
Silverfauve MacGonagall

Rebellicious-signature-002-500x125.thumb

Edited by Silverfauve
7 people like this

Posted

Yes I noticed that too. My guild has been working towards getting to X-Large so we could do the missions and guild boss scrolls, and now we can't even do the Large ones which we've been doing for months now. If we'd known this was coming we wouldn't have been removing all the "dead" players in our guild.

I think they should either go back to the way it was, or refund us our skill points as well. I would prefer they just go back to the way it was, and also maybe explain why this was changed in the first place?

-Shalt Naught

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i was wondering why i could not find any Xlarge missions yesterday ... and we cleared the inactive ppl 2 weeks ago for the incentives ...

Edited by Geobryn

Posted

Greetings,

I assume that every guild which uses incentives will have to do the same and to be fair, there are only like 30 guilds left on Jordine that can do the extra large quests. 
But I am still pretty bummed about it: it will take much, much longer to gain a new level and skill points now and very hard to keep everybody motivated about doing guild quests when the experience bar barely moves when you completed one. 

Posted

This change has screwed our 40(max) man guild all we can take now is small quests.

Posted

Agreed, as the leader of a small 40 member guild, this change is garbage that encourages the formation of substantially less personable and by extension less satisfying Zerg guilds.

No thanks, change it back.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Way to go Kakao, always sneaking in changes to the game that aren't detailed in the patch notes.

I wonder, do you guys even have a hand in what's being changed?

I ask because it seems that Kakao is simply copying/pasting the patch from their overlords ( Pearl Abyss ) and have no say in what changes occur, or they're purposely withholding pertinent information from their patch notes.

So, which is it?

Either way, it's making Kakao look malicious and/or incompetent.

Edited by OldCuban

Posted

[Angry Voice] WHY hasn't this noted in the patch not or QA tested? [/Angry Voice]
Our guild were clueless that there wasn't any large missions and thought; we had bad luck and wait for refresh but nope.

Posted (edited)

OK I am not 100% understanding the changes, nor am I at the pc am reading from work, are you saying if you have slots for 80 yet 40 in guild you are now a medium or small?

if this is what has changed, it was a suggestion and talked about alot in the forums even said they would edit it.

so if you have 85 as a whole but only 50 with 35 slots, this is a change to reflect members not size. 

I am not defending just stating I have read this over the last few months so not new 

Edited by piratebeowolf

Posted

@CM_Aethon So does it actually count inactive members too, or only ones with active contracts?

Posted

@CM_Aethon So does it actually count inactive members too, or only ones with active contracts?

in the past posts, it was to reflect current members, like if you could hold 75 yet have 30 you are seen as a 30 size 

again not defending just remembering what other raging forums posts were complaining and said to be fixed 

Posted (edited)

Since the most recent patch we are unable to get anything but small quests.

Occupancy or General.

Edited by Kelticfury

Posted (edited)

Well at 55/60 I have not been able to take anything but Large. 

I wish they had a posted list of what size = size for what they consider small med large etc

--

Just found this on Reddit

Small?     Level 0 - 15 members - 0 upkeep costs

Medium?  Level 1 - 30 members - 0 upkeep costs

Large?     Level 2 - 50 members - 100k silver

X-large?     Level 3 - 75 members - 250k silver

Huge?      Level 4 - 100 members - 500k silver

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2r2ltf/guild_system_breakdown_read/ 

not sure if thats the new count as well 

Of which if they edited the current member list to the size count for missions, again they said they would be doing this since some guilds made it to 80+ but had 40 members

Edited by piratebeowolf
1 person likes this

Posted

I can understand that there was a distortion in the guild ranking and that it's desirable to fix this so I ask myself did this change fix it?  The answer is No.

The distortion still exists because if you have 20 active members and 80 inactive you can out perform another guild who has 40 active members when earning guild xp.

To make it worse, they ADDED another layer of distortion because there's now good reason (I'd say a necessity) to keep inactive players on your roster.  Last week one of the statistics was certainly misleading, today two of them are.

Posted

More ninja stuff.  Why can't devs or developers give full patch notes.  Why do we always have to find this crap out for ourselves.

It is no wonder people are jumping off this ship.

Posted

Greetings,

This weekend I noticed that the amount of the protection slots we bought also was decreased from 10 to 5 but without returning our guild skill points (3 per slot = 15 points).

In total we miss out on 31 points that we can't spend in buffs. 

I send a ticket but so far no response. Anyone else send a ticket and got a response?

Kind regards,
Silverfauve MacGonagall

Rebellicious-signature-002-500x125.thumb

Posted

I think that a lot of guilds knowing or not have gotten hosed over this changed.  I would think that a refund or a reset of the guild point system is in order to allow for all guilds to reinvest their respective points and go back to playing they game the way each respective guild wants to play this game.

Cheers!