• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's all smoke and mirrors - failure after failure...

86 posts in this topic

Posted

World Bosses - "We're working on a system to reward those who participate but don't get loot" - Nope

Karma changes - "We're working on another system that's not as punishing, far away respawns etc" - Nope

Pearl items on AH - "We're working on taking the game in a unique direction for the west" - Nope

Awakenings - "We're working on introducing them all at once to not unbalance PvP" - Nope

(Not literal quotes, but all of the above have been communicated in interviews)

At every step of the way Kakao is failing. The communications towards the player base is probably the worst I've seen in any single MMO, maybe with the exception of Archeage, which as we all know was a roaring success. 

Why, Kakao, should we keep listening?

26 people like this

Posted

Your lack of support for hair salons and telecommunications is disheartening. :P

7 people like this

Posted

I think when people still gave them the benefit of the doubt after the first few lies/------ups, Kakao mistakenly figured we're all idiots and just continued to lie and ------up.

They didn't realize that it's not that we're idiots- it's just that the game is good and we really wanted to believe.

The game is only so good, however.  Now nobody believes.

2 people like this

Posted

wait for Plunge to debunk you and white knight this one as well haha scrolling the threats just for this

4 people like this

Posted

wait for Plunge to debunk you and white knight this one as well haha scrolling the threats just for this

Yeah, that guy... Well, in his specific case, their original assumption seems to have been correct.

Posted

Didn't you read the latest announcement? Awakenings are ahead of schedule due to player feedback! Isn't this exactly what everyone asked for? 9_9

Posted

This company is comically inept.  EA and Ubisoft got nothing on these clowns.  Sad to see a game with such potential get flushed down the shitter due to terrible management.

9 people like this

Posted

I think the biggest failure of these publishers is that they avoid talking about their business and that they are in this to make money.

Deception doesnt work on anything but children. Many people i know that are 'offended' by the way things have gone down, aren't actually mad at the systems that are being put in, they are mad that Kakao spoon feeds blatant marking BS and expects us to believe what they have to say.

I would recommend that the next company to do this, be forthcoming with their ability to make money.  Talk about the systems as a business and educate the community on the challenges of actually making money, and keeping the game prosperous.

I know very few people who have ever quit a game because they were spending money on it.  I know a LOT of people who have quit a game because the reasons for implementing new ways to spend money were complete BS with marketing speak cover ups.  Just be straight forward with us and earn our respect.

Posted

This is swiftly reminding me of how EA handled SW:TOR where the devs pretty much ignored any and all constructive feedback (class balance and a few other issues). The game tanked pretty bad (from what it was) and went f2p. Did it die out? No, but I think they could have been in a better spot had they handled it differently.

The reason I bring this up? Watching how PA/Kakao are handling all this is deja'vu for me. I may be on an extended break until they get everything in order, if I ever get the impulse to come back. Will I think the game will die? No. However, they could do so much better with this, but aren't.

Posted

meme-tears-weirdanime.jpg.c5bbd1ccb4d22d18bb66006f753885b1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Inb4 threadlock and OP banned

Posted

I chalk it up as "can't always get what you want." There are issues, but you expect a lot out of a company that doesn't even write it's own patches. They send emails to south Korea and then south Korea either says yes or no. If they say they will work on it then they might work on it. If not, then they don't. I do find that the publishers have a tendency to make empty promises though. But, anyone with a brain that knows that they're just a publisher should take what they say with a grain of salt. 

Posted

Posted

(Not literal quotes, but all of the above have been communicated in interviews)

So what you're saying is, you're lying because you have no evidence of these supposed lines. If there are videos of them lying, why not use the exact quotes? Why not link the videos? IF it's so easy to prove then why not prove it? Before you say "it's not worth my time" or "I don't have to" why did you make this thread in the first place?

Seems like the only liar here is you. :) 

Posted

So what you're saying is, you're lying because you have no evidence of these supposed lines. If there are videos of them lying, why not use the exact quotes? Why not link the videos? IF it's so easy to prove then why not prove it? Before you say "it's not worth my time" or "I don't have to" why did you make this thread in the first place?

Wait we are still debating if the company said lies or not after the awakenings fiasco? LOL

BTW what are you doing here HELLO GAMES needs you in the No Mans Sky forums :D

1 person likes this

Posted

You look em up babe as you love to do these things. They have been said one way or another

Posted

Wait we are still debating if the company said lies or not after the awakenings fiasco? LOL

They haven't lied though, would you mind showing me where they said "awakenings will be released at the same time" or anything that was concrete to show that they'd be released at the same time? Last I checked saying "the plan is" is about as concrete as the foundation of the entire P2W argument (weren't prices supposed to go up by now?).

If the OP had evidence for lies, he would post the videos proving the lies not lying and claiming that said something completely different. :) 

Posted

You look em up babe as you love to do these things. They have been said one way or another

Plunge is working harder these days, you should appreciate the effort.

Posted

Plunge is working harder these days, you should appreciate the effort.

Oh but i do. I appreciate the overtime she does for the company ^^

Posted (edited)

I think when people still gave them the benefit of the doubt after the first few lies/------ups, Kakao mistakenly figured we're all idiots...

Jim_Carrey_Dumb-and-Dumber-Inside.jpg

They didn't realize that it's not that we're idiots...

...No idiots here!

Edited by way2bord

Posted

They haven't lied though, would you mind showing me where they said "awakenings will be released at the same time" or anything that was concrete to show that they'd be released at the same time? Last I checked saying "the plan is" is about as concrete as the foundation of the entire P2W argument (weren't prices supposed to go up by now?).

If the OP had evidence for lies, he would post the videos proving the lies not lying and claiming that said something completely different. :) 

Sure i can show you...heres a link just after 2 min of googling http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/24/black-desert-online-interview-project-manager-talks-future-content-balancing-and-much-more/

Posted

Please direct me to the lie, I've watched that video and their don't seem to be any lies. :) 

• Daum Games Europe intends to release as many awakening weapons as possible in a single patch. The plan is to release all the awakening weapons available in Korea at the moment in which the patch will launch at the same time. Unfortunately it might not be feasible to include every single class, as some awakening weapons are far down the line even in Korea (for instance Wizard and Witch), but all other classes should be able to get their awakening weapons simultaneously.

Posted

Daum Games Europe intends to release as many awakening weapons as possible in a single patch.

The plan is to release all the awakening weapons available in Korea at the moment in which the patch will launch at the same time.

Unfortunately it might not be feasible to include every single class, as some awakening weapons are far down the line even in Korea (for instance Wizard and Witch), but all other classes should be able to get their awakening weapons simultaneously.

Not seeing any lie here, I think Google has an online dictionary you can use to look up the meaning of the words and phrases in bold. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Please direct me to the lie, I've watched that video and their don't seem to be any lies. :) 

Sure mate no problem....the part about the awakenings starts at 6:55

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0