• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert Online wins best Gamescom Booth and MMO (mmogames)

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Best Booth – Black Desert Online

More often than not booths at Gamescom are pretty basic. You have your computers or consoles, a sign of some kind with your logo, and you make it open and airy. You might even include a stage for small events to happen on and swag to be thrown from. But every year there are a few companies who really go all out to make the booth itself an experience. This year it was none other than Kakao Games and Black Desert Online that blew us away. From the outside it was just a plain box but inside there was faux stained glass, a ship that acted as the stage, cannons, and smoke machines galore. Black Desert Online really pushed for an authentic feeling environment and it was amazing. The only downside being that it was a little difficult to get photos that weren’t filled with the fake smoke as you can see from our photo.

Best MMO – Black Desert Online

If there was one genre that was lacking in representation this year it would be MMOs. The usual MMORPGs you’ve come to expect were there of course. World of Warcraft, FFXIV, as well as MMOGs like World of Tanks. All of their booths were impressively large, but what they really lacked was any new content. This is where Black Desert Online was able to take the lead. With amazing new naval based gameplay and a massive expansion that will be underwater and make the world much larger. When it came to MMOs at Gamescom, Black Desert Online was without a doubt the best.

http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/mmogames-best-of-gamescom-2016/

10 people like this

Posted

how much did they pay for this article?

11 people like this

Posted

In b4 salt

2 people like this

Posted

So a (small) random site gives out awards and everyone is expected to actually take the awards seriously?

Even awards given out at E3 by the "council" (ran by the large media/web companies such as IGN) have basically no weight behind them.

4 people like this

Posted

Can u not post your cancer on both Reddit and the forums because your Reddit post got down voted? Thanks

Posted

Never heard of this web site......
And looking at the comments on their 'top articles' it seems no one else has either..

Posted

And the stage show bois. That was the best I have ever seen! 

BLACK!

DESERT!

ONLINE!

LEL. pure cringe fest. Soo bad. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well that boat was pretty impressive.. but I give the small zerker a 2/10.

Posted

Booth looks great.

Bought the canons or crafted? :P

i remember the early days of where I hail from, with very well done Goths and promotions. At first the company went above and beyond in promoting,  Even had a fairly hot to trot darlin dress up as the goddesses of the game (cosplay) and did very well at it.

Keep up the good work!

Posted

More overly positive and negative posts are purchased than you think. You know about paid forum writers right?

1 person likes this

Posted

Its not because they took bad decision on the business model that the game is bad per say . You can't take away whats deserved.

Posted

This is funny, I'm pretty sure Blizzard and Square Enix could have gone overboard and made a booth the size of a building if they wanted to. 

i guess their priorities are in developping a game instead of hyping it with lies and deception

8 people like this

Posted

Has to be best booth. Those were our p2w cash money.

2 people like this

Posted

This is funny, I'm pretty sure Blizzard and Square Enix could have gone overboard and made a booth the size of a building if they wanted to. 

i guess their priorities are in developping a game instead of hyping it with lies and deception

Why would Blizzard get a big booth at gamescon when they have a whole convention for themselves? And Square Enix always have more than 1 booth. Which cost a lot more than a single big booth.

Posted

LOL love all the kiddies leaving bad posts on the forums then login their hypocrite little selves back in the game.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

BLACK!

DESERT!

ONLINE!

Dude, it was more than embarassing i can tell you that much

The Blizzard booth was cewl tho, and i dont even like wow. Big old diablo fan tho

Filmed a lil: https://vid.me/7SJW

Edited by MoZex

Posted

take that, you sunless, pasty skinned, basement dwelling, anti p2w crybababy troglodytes.  now go bleed out somewhere else!

Can u not post your cancer on both Reddit and the forums because your Reddit post got down voted? Thanks

another whiner.

Posted

yay BDO is best game ever officially now even after the P2W patch thats hardly P2W at all course the renmants of the anti-p2w still like to troll here lol

Posted

This made me cry. Thank you sir for the laughs! FeelsGoodMan

Posted

It was money well spent then since MMORPG.COM gave them Best of Show award too.

The Black Desert Booth was a wonderful gem in Hall 10. The awakening system was fantastic to see. Certainly compared to the Korean market it isn't new but it absolutely was gorgeous. Between the waiting high seas and the wrecks along the bottom of the ocean there is plenty to talk about on Black Desert. If anyone got a chance to go into the booth as well, well that pirate ship had it all. Games to play, competitions to win and the roar and billowing smoke from their canons. Definitely the most fun booth I visited, though Dreadnought came in a close second.

Too bad the live stream was just horrible.

Posted (edited)

Well, at gamescom, the pvp on the stage scene stuff was a balanced pvp gear.

And on the show floor, i bet players didnt had to deal with the terribad RNG + Gear upgrade silver hunger, nor cash shop ""madatory buy" ( inv slot / weight ... )

So, yeah when you play in thoses condition, the game is awesome ;)

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

BLACK!

DESERT!

ONLINE!

EINZ ZWEI DREI

BLACK DESERT ONLINE!!

Posted

Throw some goodies at me and I'll leave an unbiased review of the booth...honest.

Posted

In b4 salt

You didnt have to wait long..

So a (small) random site gives out awards and everyone is expected to actually take the awards seriously?

Even awards given out at E3 by the "council" (ran by the large media/web companies such as IGN) have basically no weight behind them.

Never heard of this web site......
And looking at the comments on their 'top articles' it seems no one else has either..

Posted

Great to see some positives after all the ridiculous whinging negatives :)