• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What to do with my superior gear?

178 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

you dont like working with a team in a game  that revolves around team play. sounds like you picked the wrong game.

and also no , you  NEED good gear or atleast average gear on pretty much all guild members to do well in a siege, if half your members are undergeared then you may aswell go in with half your members because one good wizard or ranger will delete half your guild

Half ur guild used to be 50 guys, now it may be 25 guys, on EU averagee that mans 10 guys at this stage. Partially why I quit. 5 castles and 4 'big' guilds... lol.

They are rushing content that was a good idea, but they either merge or stop. Cause they are lacking the players to fill it up...

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted (edited)

Okay so let me get this straight, @Ikcen 

• Thinks their TRI Grunil/Agerian/whatever & Liverto is superior to boss gear, and that boss gear isn't necessary. 
  • Thinks a T7 horse is faster than a T8.
  • Thinks gear and levels don't matter in PvP that much, especially in GvG.
  • Thinks that telling someone on the forum that they will wreck 'em in-game with casual gear is a real scary threat.
  • Thinks that everyone else who has better gear must play 24/7 no-life and doesn't have any fun at all. 

Simply put, this isn't the game for you. You're doing so many things wrong and you don't even realize it. Just a stupid player whining about lack of content without actually trying all the content that's already here. 

Edited by Simoun
2 people like this

Posted

if you arent having fun anymore you should quit

Posted (edited)

Okay so let me get this straight, @Ikcen 

• Thinks their TRI Grunil/Agerian/whatever & Liverto is superior to boss gear, and that boss gear isn't necessary. 
  • Thinks a T7 horse is faster than a T8.
  • Thinks gear and levels don't matter in PvP that much, especially in GvG.
  • Thinks that telling someone on the forum that they will wreck 'em in-game with casual gear is a real scary threat.
  • Thinks that everyone else who has better gear must play 24/7 no-life and doesn't have any fun at all. 

Simply put, this isn't the game for you. You're doing so many things wrong and you don't even realize it. Just a stupid player whining about lack of content without actually trying all the content that's already here. 

Now I think you are stupid, but I doubt you will even understand that. And do not tell me what game is for me or not. I was in this game before you even knew about it, and probably I will stay long after you go to play a new WoW, or something else. Or maybe not, because I play for fun.

I have competitive enough gear now, and as a good player I can beat most of the other players, as only few have tet or pen. Not all of them, but the most. Is that too hard for you to understand?

If the difference in levels, gear, or even the number of the players is not too big, in the node wars wins the better team. Is that too hard for you to understand?

I like my t7 horse, there is no better looking t8, and it is fast enough, also I probably made it for much less time than you spent for your horses, so probably I'm a better in that than you are.

My gear now is superior than my gear before. I never mentioned a boss gear, or made any comparison. This is not even misunderstood, you put words in my mouth, because the things you wish and think. At least try to read.

And, yes, everyone who has better gear, obviously wasted much more time than me into the game.

Again, the question is what a player can do with his good gear in BDO? It seems you do not know the answer. I do not ask, and I do not care why you play the game, what you feel about the game, or what you think about me. Is that bold and simple enough for you?

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Do not be ridiculous, PvE in Valencia was easy even with gear on 13-15.

Yes, I'm a casual player - a player who does not waste his life into the game, and I'm proud as such. Also I like a good and challenging gameplay, and I dislike the easy, boring RNG grind, that can be enjoyed only by nolifers. And I have the horse I wanted - T7 black, with 141% speed. So stop with the horses, I'm not only better in PvP than you, but I'm also better in training of horses, no matter I probably spent significantly less time for playing.

you can solo basilisks???? lol why are you lying. with +13 gear? are you serious? hahah those mobs are like level 58+ and designed for awakenings, what are you speaking of. you must be trolling.

Posted

Yesterday I was a player with pri gear, so one of the many losers in the game. Now I have tri, and I'm comparatively competitive player. And I have a problem with this, because there is no competition in Black Desert. What to do with my gear? To go in the instanced battleground, where the win of a random team depends on a RNG zerg, and the losers lose nothing? I can play there even without a gear, and that will change nothing in general, not to mention I really do not care about my team, as it is completely random.

To fight in some siege? It is a team work. In fact the only kind of team work in that game. And my gear and skills as a player are not so important. If we win, we win as a team, if we lose, too.

To do some PvE? There are no challenging bosses for party. The existing world bosses are RNG zerg.

To PK random people or to ask them for friendly duels, because the open world PvP is completely screwed?

So, I have the gear, and nothing to do with it. You may say that I shall farm for even better gear, but then I will get to the same problem. Why I need that gear anyway?

save damsels in distress

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you can solo basilisks???? lol why are you lying. with +13 gear? are you serious? hahah those mobs are like level 58+ and designed for awakenings, what are you speaking of. you must be trolling.

I did it with 13-15 gear, also the centaurs, and the crescent guardians, I soloed the ogres since I was level 44, beat the first wilderness golem when I was 52, helm golem on 51. Do solo all the summonable bosses on 50. With warrior.

If you think, you can't do the same, I have one advice to you, stop to grind, and learn to play.

save damsels in distress

In such a game you never know if you saved a damsel or a hairy fat nolifer ;)

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Just Declare on big guilds and go to their homechannels. Its ez to pick a fight

Was going to say something along the lines of this..One of our sorcs in our guild regularly 1vX's other members in large guilds on our server. It's the little "personal challenges" like that that are exhilarating. I'll often follow around to watch and learn. I've yet to really run into many salty people. I often start fights and then discuss what went good/bad with the people I picked a fight with. Made quite a few friends that way, and now we practice etc. There's always ways to get/be better. Game isn't balanced around 1v1 though. So try 1vX and see how you fare. What class are you?

Posted (edited)

Was going to say something along the lines of this..One of our sorcs in our guild regularly 1vX's other members in large guilds on our server. It's the little "personal challenges" like that that are exhilarating. I'll often follow around to watch and learn. I've yet to really run into many salty people. I often start fights and then discuss what went good/bad with the people I picked a fight with. Made quite a few friends that way, and now we practice etc. There's always ways to get/be better. Game isn't balanced around 1v1 though. So try 1vX and see how you fare. What class are you?

1vsX :) Possible, but only if you have much higher level and gear. Or if you simply PK the guys, before they understand what happens. That will become even easier after the awakenings. For me it is not possible, because I play with warrior. So I have to PvP.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Oh, I know ! Wait for future updates while upgrading your gear to TET and after that (or before I don't know) level up all your lifeskills. Or wait for Valencia part 2 and go neg karma.

1 person likes this

Posted

I did it with 13-15 gear, also the centaurs, and the crescent guardians, I soloed the ogres since I was level 44, beat the first wilderness golem when I was 52, helm golem on 51. Do solo all the summonable bosses on 50. With warrior.

If you think, you can't do the same, I have one advice to you, stop to grind, and learn to play.

In such a game you never know if you saved a damsel or a hairy fat nolifer ;)

i rarely grind, and while it's possible (I handle 3 golems at helms in the caves alone with other enemies) I still have to use a ton of potions. You on Orwen? how bout you prove yourself?

Posted (edited)

i rarely grind, and while it's possible (I handle 3 golems at helms in the caves alone with other enemies) I still have to use a ton of potions. You on Orwen? how bout you prove yourself?

So you rarely grind, but you handle 3 golems at helms? Is this a joke? Because even if you are strong or good enough to handle 3 helm golems, that cannot happen without some grind, and you simply can't because the golems are too far away from each other.

I know a guy who rarely grind, he has character 52, and around 400 points of energy and the same number of contribution points, as he did enormous number of quests. He actually does not care about the PvP, about the gear, he just wants to make all the quests and to get all the achievements.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

So you rarely grind, but you handle 3 golems at helms? Is this a joke? Because even if you are strong or good enough to handle 3 helm golems, that cannot happen without some grind, and you simply can't because the golems are too far away from each other.

lies, makes me question if you even play! In the back of helms, in the cave there is a spot where 2 sleep next to each other, and another 2 are not too far away. bunch of the stronger mobs in there. Also, of course i grinded, but not much. I'm 137ap/216 dp, warrior plus buffs

Posted (edited)

lies, makes me question if you even play! In the back of helms, in the cave there is a spot where 2 sleep next to each other, and another 2 are not too far away. bunch of the stronger mobs in there. Also, of course i grinded, but not much. I'm 137ap/216 dp, warrior plus buffs

Well if there is such a spot I probably can handle 3-4 golems, as I have better stats. So you have pri, and you do not play for the PvP, but you play with the worst (the less effective) class for the PvE. I fought one golem and all the helms around it in the bottom hall in the cave few times with stats much lower than yours - around 180 dp, and 100 ap. (I did not win every time, to be honest :) )

And I'm playing on Alustin EU. Also I'm pretty sure I can beat any mob (probably except the stone golems, and the golems of the wilderness), with a styd sword and naked :)And that does not show how good player I'm, but how easy are the mobs in BDO.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

I was in this game before you even knew about it, and probably I will stay long after you go to play a new WoW, or something else. Or maybe not, because I play for fun.

I feel sorry for you playing BDO all this time and ignoring everyone telling you to move on. You complain about BDO non stop, belittle the content it offers, and think the PvP isn't real PvP. You pretend you play for fun or are so delusional you believe you're having fun. Anyone who's listened to you all this time knows better. You've been doing this for years. And yet you have the nerve to tell everyone else they are no lifers and addicted to this game. You are the biggest hypocrite this game has ever seen and will ever know.

4 people like this

Posted

Half ur guild used to be 50 guys, now it may be 25 guys, on EU averagee that mans 10 guys at this stage. Partially why I quit. 5 castles and 4 'big' guilds... lol.

They are rushing content that was a good idea, but they either merge or stop. Cause they are lacking the players to fill it up...

im sorry but what? how is that even remotely relevant to my post.

Posted (edited)

I feel sorry for you playing BDO all this time and ignoring everyone telling you to move on. You complain about BDO non stop, belittle the content it offers, and think the PvP isn't real PvP. You pretend you play for fun or are so delusional you believe you're having fun. Anyone who's listened to you all this time knows better. You've been doing this for years. And yet you have the nerve to tell everyone else they are no lifers and addicted to this game. You are the biggest hypocrite this game has ever seen and will ever know.

If I tell you to move on, will you listen :) I do not complain. I point the issues. And the fun is subjective. Your fun is not mine. If you call the friendly duel or the RNG zerg (red battleground) - PvP, that is your own problem. Also you do not answer to the question, what shall I do with my superior gear?

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

If I tell you to move on, will you listen :) I do not complain. I point the issues. And the fun is subjective. Your fun is not mine. If you call the friendly duel or the RNG zerg - PvP, that is your own problem. Also you do not answer to the question, what shall I do with my superior gear?

Your feelings about BDO are not issues for everyone. They are complaints not shared by everyone. The world does not revolve around what you think Ikcen. Your idea of real PvP for instance is f-cking meaningless. 

Why should i answer your question? Your agenda has always been to ignore what is said while persisting that only your idea of fun is what matters and anything else isn't real. Many posters have answered your question already and you've disregarded those answers. You've said what you want from the game. Someday you may realize those wants are not offered in BDO and will leave in search of a game that gives you what you want. But i guess you're too addicted to leave BDO. Hypocrite.

Posted

Your feelings about BDO are not issues for everyone. They are complaints not shared by everyone. The world does not revolve around what you think Ikcen. Your idea of real PvP for instance is f-cking meaningless. 

Why should i answer your question? Your agenda has always been to ignore what is said while persisting that only your idea of fun is what matters and anything else isn't real. Many posters have answered your question already and you've disregarded those answers. You've said what you want from the game. Someday you may realize those wants are not offered in BDO and will leave in search of a game that gives you what you want. But i guess you're too addicted to leave BDO. Hypocrite.

Feelings? So RNG, grind, lack of open world PvP, solo PvE, lack of competition and cooperation, level and gear gaps are feelings? I did not know :) Thanks for enlighten me. As you objectively like the game, because you objectively have fun, so objectively the gameplay is great. No any subjective feelings. Your cold logic based on undebatable facts is almost cruel.

But no, you did not answer, what to do with my superior gear ;)

Posted

But no, you did not answer, what to do with my superior gear ;)

Nothing. This is a rng grinder with little pvp and weak pve scripting. Layers upon layers of rng do help hide end game problems.

Posted

Nothing. This is a rng grinder with little pvp and weak pve scripting. Layers upon layers of rng do help hide end game problems.

The awakening obviously will fix nothing. I hope the naval wars could. But till there are people who completely ignore the reality and the facts, denying there is RNG, grind or any issues in this game, Daum may do nothing.

Posted

Yesterday I was a player with pri gear, so one of the many losers in the game. Now I have tri, and I'm comparatively competitive player. And I have a problem with this, because there is no competition in Black Desert. What to do with my gear? To go in the instanced battleground, where the win of a random team depends on a RNG zerg, and the losers lose nothing? I can play there even without a gear, and that will change nothing in general, not to mention I really do not care about my team, as it is completely random.

To fight in some siege? It is a team work. In fact the only kind of team work in that game. And my gear and skills as a player are not so important. If we win, we win as a team, if we lose, too.

To do some PvE? There are no challenging bosses for party. The existing world bosses are RNG zerg.

To PK random people or to ask them for friendly duels, because the open world PvP is completely screwed?

So, I have the gear, and nothing to do with it. You may say that I shall farm for even better gear, but then I will get to the same problem. Why I need that gear anyway?

PEN or no balls! :> 

Posted

What you can do with your 'superior' gear is to grind stronger mobs on your own until you are I dont know what level, and while doing so you can try to get boss armor or just upgrade everything to PEN. By the time you have everything PEN things like awakenings(and perhaps navals?) will be released, which will be lots of fun too!

I must point out tho(and correct me if im wrong) I think Centaurs will nearly one shot you if you have +13 gear. So saying its easy with +13 is a lie.

Posted

Thats why i uninstalled the game, nothing to do here except brainless grinding the same mob for hours.

Back to wow for Legion :)

Posted

The only "losers" are those who stick with the game even when they have no fun anymore, because they invested time, money, whatever and because they dont know how to quit.

As long as I am having fun with my lvl 5 running across the desert in no gear at all, while you are bored with your PENs and all you know is to constantly whine - you are the loser, not me.

1 person likes this