• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What to do with my superior gear?

178 posts in this topic

Posted

What you can do with your 'superior' gear is to grind stronger mobs on your own until you are I dont know what level, and while doing so you can try to get boss armor or just upgrade everything to PEN. By the time you have everything PEN things like awakenings(and perhaps navals?) will be released, which will be lots of fun too!

I must point out tho(and correct me if im wrong) I think Centaurs will nearly one shot you if you have +13 gear. So saying its easy with +13 is a lie.

I have the problem with lack of meaningful activities in the game with tri, pen will make the problem deeper, as that lack will persist, but also I will waste a significant amount of time for nothing. Try to think before write. We will talk about the naval combat, when the naval combat is released in EU/NA.

As for the 13 and Centaurs, I play on Alustin, the name of the character is Ikcen, and I'm ready to beat in front of you in party any mob in the game, naked, with styd sword.

The only "losers" are those who stick with the game even when they have no fun anymore, because they invested time, money, whatever and because they dont know how to quit.

As long as I am having fun with my lvl 5 running across the desert in no gear at all, while you are bored with your PENs and all you know is to constantly whine - you are the loser, not me.

I have fun with the view, but not with the bad gameplay. The attention to details and the physics of the movement are amazing, it is hard to believe the same people created so terrible set of rules to play the game.

Posted

My god the fail in this thread is so sad it's actually entertaining.

So Chess is the same game you play with the same rules, monopoly, baseball, driving a car, shit anything in life is -----ing repetitive.. unless you don't shower each day, brush your teeth...

Hey want to have a different life, stop brushing your teeth everyday, don't show up to work each day, blow off your responsibilities... 

Welcome to life newb....enjoy

Posted (edited)

My god the fail in this thread is so sad it's actually entertaining.

So Chess is the same game you play with the same rules, monopoly, baseball, driving a car, shit anything in life is -----ing repetitive.. unless you don't shower each day, brush your teeth...

Hey want to have a different life, stop brushing your teeth everyday, don't show up to work each day, blow off your responsibilities... 

Welcome to life newb....enjoy

That even makes no sense. How the rules of the chess are the same with the rules of monopoly or baseball? And where is the hidden link with the toothbrushes? Are you high, drunk, or you just put some words in random order?

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

5 pages of people feeding the troll.

Ah, well. Not the worst I've seen, not by a long-shot.

Posted

5 pages of people feeding the troll.

Ah, well. Not the worst I've seen, not by a long-shot.

Sorry dude, but nobody feeds you :) So you are wrong, these are five pages of healthy discussion about the game, if we exclude some insults from the trolling fan boys.

Posted

That even makes no sense. How the rules of the chess are the same with the rules of monopoly or baseball? And where is the hidden link with the toothbrushes? Are you high, drunk, or you just put some words in random order?

I mean this in sincerity, but you are an idiot!

So monopoly doesn't have the same rules every single game/ time you play? Baseball doesn't have the same rules? It isn't the same exact game each game? A guy pitches a ball, a guy tries to hit it... there you go baseball at it's simplest...

Each thing in life we do repetitively, you shower/ bath each day ( or basically each day right?), you brush your teeth 1-3 times a day, you go to the same exact job, for some people for basically 1/3rd of their lives, etc..

Did you really fail to comprehend what I typed, or you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? Also considering you don't type perfect grammar you would figure you could be a bit more forgiving to others not having perfect grammar...

Posted

you could give me your account if your really bored...

Posted

it is seige time,

1) it costs money, so u gotta grind to pay

2) someone will be better than you, so u need to upgrade gear

3) it requires a lot of team work and time dedicated to be a good player you will have to play all the time.

this is what the koren mmos want.

take your time, so u pay for convince to save time

the need to constantly be better, so you must pay to rng

Posted

oh look another thread about another geared player saying content is dull. So how about being part of a solution instead of being part of the problem?.....Good job at grinding out your gear in all but why the ----- are you posting here other then to feed your own ego....

Posted (edited)

it is seige time,

1) it costs money, so u gotta grind to pay

2) someone will be better than you, so u need to upgrade gear

3) it requires a lot of team work and time dedicated to be a good player you will have to play all the time.

this is what the koren mmos want.

take your time, so u pay for convince to save time

the need to constantly be better, so you must pay to rng

It does not work like this. You can get a level 3 node in the desert only with a tower, without any fight. And to have half a billion in the guild funds next week. Also the grind is not so bad, even the RNG is not, if there is some meaningful purpose. But in Black Desert there is not such. I ask a simple question - what to do with the gear - 15, tri, tet, pen, it does not matter, why I need this gear anyway. And nobody can answer. Also the lack of team goals and activities is one of the major problems in BDO.

oh look another thread about another geared player saying content is dull. So how about being part of a solution instead of being part of the problem?.....Good job at grinding out your gear in all but why the ----- are you posting here other then to feed your own ego....

Oh, part of the solution? And what is the solution, to say game have no issues, no matter the gameplay is actually terrible? Or you mean to make suggestions how to fix the issues? I did it already. And how me or any player is a part of the problem? Did I made or manage the game? As for my ego - if you read the OP, you will see my gear is not the best, the point is quite different - did you read the OP?

you could give me your account if your really bored...

Did I ever say I will stop to play? I point the issue, but that does not mean I do not enjoy the game. For sure the gameplay is terrible, but at the same time BDO has good sides too.

I mean this in sincerity, but you are an idiot!

So monopoly doesn't have the same rules every single game/ time you play? Baseball doesn't have the same rules? It isn't the same exact game each game? A guy pitches a ball, a guy tries to hit it... there you go baseball at it's simplest...

Each thing in life we do repetitively, you shower/ bath each day ( or basically each day right?), you brush your teeth 1-3 times a day, you go to the same exact job, for some people for basically 1/3rd of their lives, etc..

Did you really fail to comprehend what I typed, or you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? Also considering you don't type perfect grammar you would figure you could be a bit more forgiving to others not having perfect grammar...

Take your pills dude :)

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

if there is some meaningful purpose. But in Black Desert there is not such. I ask a simple question - what to do with the gear - 15, tri, tet, pen, it does not matter, why I need this gear anyway. And nobody can answer. 

There have been answers to your question but you don't like them. You only care about the answers that imply you don't need better gear because there is nothing to do with it. Any answer that doesn't meet your agenda doesn't count in your eyes and that's not a discussion.

Get better gear to kill more and stronger players faster to help your guild with its goals. Get better gear to kill PvE mobs faster and collect more loot to help yourself and thus your guild. How can you play a f-cking MMORPG and ask what you need better gear for? I don't care how good you think you are. Do you seriously think better gear doesn't help against the best players? Just go play the game naked with your Styd weapon if you think that's all you need. The more you prattle on about your question the less I think of you.

1 person likes this

Posted

It does not work like this. You can get a level 3 node in the desert only with a tower, without any fight. And to have half a billion in the guild funds next week. Also the grind is not so bad, even the RNG is not, if there is some meaningful purpose. But in Black Desert there is not such. I ask a simple question - what to do with the gear - 15, tri, tet, pen, it does not matter, why I need this gear anyway. And nobody can answer. Also the lack of team goals and activities is one of the major problems in BDO.

Oh, part of the solution? And what is the solution, to say game have no issues, no matter the gameplay is actually terrible? Or you mean to make suggestions how to fix the issues? I did it already. And how me or any player is a part of the problem? Did I made or manage the game? As for my ego - if you read the OP, you will see my gear is not the best, the point is quite different - did you read the OP?

Did I ever say I will stop to play? I point the issue, but that does not mean I do not enjoy the game. For sure the gameplay is terrible, but at the same time BDO has good sides too.

Take your pills dude :)

Pills for what? So did you just learn the saying "Take a chill pill", even though you obviously don't understand it, and now you just use it when you can't think of anything else to say?

You really are a bad troll.  Enjoy your crappy trolling and not understanding that a) life is RNG and b) life is amazingly repetitive...

Enjoy!

Posted

I have the problem with lack of meaningful activities in the game with tri, pen will make the problem deeper, as that lack will persist, but also I will waste a significant amount of time for nothing. Try to think before write. We will talk about the naval combat, when the naval combat is released in EU/NA.

As for the 13 and Centaurs, I play on Alustin, the name of the character is Ikcen, and I'm ready to beat in front of you in party any mob in the game, naked, with styd sword.

You didn't react in the way I want you to react on the statement that centaurs will just almost instakill you with +13. Now i know it isnt impossible ofcourse, if you dodge every single hit. But that is quite difficult so saying its easy isnt correct. It might be for you(highly unlikely) but for others it is extremely difficult. As for you want to beat any mob, im on Jordine so soz.

Posted

Hey just checking

Posted

To go in the instanced battleground, where the win of a random team depends on a RNG zerg, and the losers lose nothing? I can play there even without a gear, and that will change nothing in general, not to mention I really do not care about my team, as it is completely random.

why does everyone need someone to lose something for it to be fun i never understood that. my enjoyment in rbf is the pvp because pvp in this game is fun.

Posted (edited)

This thread is literally just some guy polishin his knob over "how skilled he is" while everyone -for no reason- is paying attention to it.

Nothing to see here guys. xD 

Edited by Locket

Posted

why does everyone need someone to lose something for it to be fun i never understood that. my enjoyment in rbf is the pvp because pvp in this game is fun.

If there is no reason, it is not PvP, it is a sparing, a friendly duel. What is your enjoyment if you fight against me, when I really do not care, as I win or lose nothing?

Posted

Dear Ikcen, you may have superior gear but you dont have our honor and dignity. Request GM for Arena arrangement and Beat any gladiator challeger in combat and those who win at the end of gruelling matches, get title " King of Immortal, No1, fantastic etc..., of BD of August2016 < longest title covering from left to right screen > with Light Aura. Next month and another month and month, defend your title/ :D

Posted

please post a screenshot of your gear @Ikcen

Posted

im i the only 1 with full +15 gear xD i suck haha

Posted (edited)

he has duo farm gear and pretends to be awesome at pvp cause he can kill lifeskillers... He's unknowingly trolling bro :P

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted (edited)

It's tri, without boss, it's good in comparison with the most of the players, but definitely not the best. Anyway it is far superior than my pri :)

Dear Ikcen, you may have superior gear but you dont have our honor and dignity. Request GM for Arena arrangement and Beat any gladiator challeger in combat and those who win at the end of gruelling matches, get title " King of Immortal, No1, fantastic etc..., of BD of August2016 < longest title covering from left to right screen > with Light Aura. Next month and another month and month, defend your title/ :D

I do not care what you think about me, as we don't know each other, and probably never will. So what you think is probably wrong. I'm talking about the game. 'Superior gear' is a catchy phrase for the people with inferiority complex. Sad, but they are too many in MMOs. As for the tournament - it is a good idea, it was suggested many times, from many people, including me. Pearl Abyss even started to implement it into the game - the closed arena in the center of Altinova left from that effort. But for some reason Daum decided to replace the competition with the pointless instanced RNG zerg in the red battleground.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

It's tri, without boss, 

prove it

Posted

prove it

Why? It is your own problem if you believe me or not.

Posted

You actually makes some interesting remarks, which is about game design about content and character progression. The gear driven PvP scene makes PvP as an end-game moot. The lack of a raid and boss instance makes PvE moot. So what is the true end-game content that hooks players if siege war isn't it?

Honestly there are none. Unlike many Western MMORPG (Wildstar, WoW, etc) with explicit end-game content and character/content progression, BDO is very much lacking in any sense of external motivations. Many "western" MMORPG in many ways are built around that external motivation whether that be the hateful boss at the end of the raid instance or that equalized arena in GW2. None of those exists currently in BDO and it appears that none is in development. This is a concern brought up by the KR community over and over again when they complain that PA should spent less time pushing out new content, but more time filling out the void of emptiness that's in the current Valencia content. The KR community is further down the game life cycle and realizes this whereas the NA/EU community has yet to understand this. Maybe we are too early for our times. In the lack of external motivation, we can only look to internal motivation - getting stronger for getting stronger sake. I think that's the point that those who iterates "boss gear" etc. are trying to say. But it doesn't appeal to everyone.

Another possible answer lies in the second M of MMORPG, which is the multiplayer aspect. BDO's implementation of multiplayer is horrendously bad. But if we come to make friends in the community, these friends can serves as the framework for that external motivations. Whether that exists in the existing framework of siege war, or in the defense of a friend in open world PvP, or even in the upcoming bounty system. I imagine that community and friendships may provide an answer to the motivation problem. 

Just some random thoughts. 

1 person likes this