• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How are the servers this bad?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I honestly just don't understand. Does AT&T just not have a good connection to the na bdo servers? I have actually never played a game with worse servers than this, lagging asians and Hawaiians on s4 league had better servers than this.  My internet is fine on literally everything, but it takes me multiple attempts to log in, and pvp is just shit happening on the other guys screen and something completely different on the other one guys..

Posted

Yep with you there, worst servers I have ever played on.

Private WoW servers from 10 years ago run better than this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am on AT&T and have no problems.  As many others have stated repeated it isn't the servers at all, else we'd all be seeing the same issue.   There does appear to be some funky routing issues with the server hosting company in NA.  Which again is why some have no issues and others have lots. 

Posted

So this is how it works.  When you localize a game, it's basically a way for a company who has an existing product to make even more money with that same product they already have.  I mean all they gotta do is throw up a few servers and translations and wham bam thank ya maam time to collect that foreigner money.  But make no mistake that game isn't being designed and supported, it's simply there to farm that sweet, sweet foreigner money.  And if you're properly supporting servers that's going to eat into that delectable source of cashy, greeny leafy money.  Same goes for hiring a support staff, I mean they got forums, people will crowd source problem's solutions right?  They gotta throw us a bone once in a while like nerfing the Ghillie suit or giving us a free pet to justify B2P but make no mistake they aren't in the business of giving you a good experience.

Also please understand, Asian companies aren't the only ones who do this.  We do to them all the time too.  Like did you know that Diablo 3 in Asian countries actually has a cash shop that we use to farm money from them?  Oh yea.

2 people like this

Posted

So this is how it works.  When you localize a game, it's basically a way for a company who has an existing product to make even more money with that same product they already have.  I mean all they gotta do is throw up a few servers and translations and wham bam thank ya maam time to collect that foreigner money.  But make no mistake that game isn't being designed and supported, it's simply there to farm that sweet, sweet foreigner money.  And if you're properly supporting servers that's going to eat into that delectable source of cashy, greeny leafy money.  Same goes for hiring a support staff, I mean they got forums, people will crowd source problem's solutions right?  They gotta throw us a bone once in a while like nerfing the Ghillie suit or giving us a free pet to justify B2P but make no mistake they aren't in the business of giving you a good experience.

Also please understand, Asian companies aren't the only ones who do this.  We do to them all the time too.  Like did you know that Diablo 3 in Asian countries actually has a cash shop that we use to farm money from them?  Oh yea.

This shit right here man. So true. Have a like.

Posted

I have no problems with the servers in EU. But as I heard in USA, the internet connectivity is much slower and more expensive. I'm paying 7 USD per month for 50Mb/s to my router upload and download speed. And they make me a discount for every time I lose the connection. So the interrupts are very rare. Also I have technical support for literally everything 24/7. I suppose the difference comes from the competitive market. We have not monopolists like AT&T here.

Posted

But hey, at least you can pay to look fabulous........ or ridiculous. 

Posted

TWC here and I have no problems with the NA servers. Had some latency and rubberbanding when playing on the EU servers though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0