• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Discussion

1,118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

boom

image.jpeg

lol u lucky nazaref thats quite a common used name. Had a hard time thinking of a neko name on BNS Had to go with different color :P

Edited by Tidus

Posted

Not sure if this was asked before since I dont really want to go through all the pages.. but will the family name appear before or after your character name?
Im getting a lot of mixed feedback. Some people say they are changing it for the western release and the family name will act a lot like a surname but other people are saying it will appear before your characters name like in the KR version. Can someone clarify?

Posted

Screenshot_(3).thumb.png.c793174ed191a5b  ;] how do you like my family name and character name?

Posted

8KshQ5I.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

NameReservation.jpg

ArrowZ.jpg

Edited by HellZPaWn

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this was asked before since I dont really want to go through all the pages.. but will the family name appear before or after your character name?
Im getting a lot of mixed feedback. Some people say they are changing it for the western release and the family name will act a lot like a surname but other people are saying it will appear before your characters name like in the KR version. Can someone clarify?

About all the posts i've seen have said it will be Last name on top then First name on the bottom. So I'm guessing this mayyy be true. 
Though I do understand your query since real Korean names work with 'Last name first then First name last', so that may have been why they did it for their region? So they then might use it the other way around as thats how most Western names are ordered. This is just me guessing though ;D

Edited by HeyBingsu
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

Sheeit

Untitled.png

Luffy.png

Posted

Name.thumb.png.036a2e2e9063edc89551677c5

Posted

About all the posts i've seen have said it will be Last name on top then First name on the bottom. So I'm guessing this mayyy be true. Though I do understand your query since real Korean names work with 'Last name first then First name last', so that may have been why they did it for their region? So they then might use it the other way around as thats how most Western names are ordered. This is just me guessing though ;D

Yeah Im not to concerned with it being on top of my character name but in chat is where i get a bit confused haha. Its going to be weird if its the family name first. It kinda makes the character name a bit pointless if that were the case.. at least in my opinion.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah Im not to concerned with it being on top of my character name but in chat is where i get a bit confused haha. Its going to be weird if its the family name first. It kinda makes the character name a bit pointless if that were the case.. at least in my opinion.

Chat only uses the Char name, That's why char names must be unique (as well as family names).

Edited by MacDeath
1 person likes this

Posted

Chat only uses the Char name,

Lovely! Thank you

Posted

d7c2ff1dd34d3bc55a02b9c428e834dd.png392564dz.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

ss (2016-02-09 at 05.00.08).jpg

Posted (edited)

Edited by Hawkes

Posted

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.

Posted

Name.thumb.jpg.24eab78df10d06f8b46ab201a

Posted

@Silva Kiddo you do know that just because you had school today doesn't mean we're no lifers - i know 40 people in real life that got their names - it's called a vacation day / day off...see if you were educated or more mature you would have said that... but seeing how it's night time in most places and most people are going to bed to get up for their "jobs" or kids that played hooky go back... this leads me to believe that the only people actually still getting upset over a name are people with low maturity levels - it's a game get over it ... shit happens kid just take what you get and drop the ego.

you most likely had a snow day off if anything and I'm not griping at that I'm just saying they could of handled it like how Bungie handled their Bungie day informing people a month before giving out emails and etc. I have a desk job like others but Im not gonna sit on a gaming site for a name reserve I was just referring to how they handled it so calling immature is just bland. Also calling me a kid shows your true ignorance because you are basing someone's age on a few posts which is sad. 

Posted

Untitled.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Untitled.jpg

I also used two of the same name. Glad I'm not the only one!

Posted

To whoever took the Family Name Nightmare:

Enjoy your 5minutes of total playtime in your whole life, because thats all you will get, i will grind to 50, i will find your character, i will kill you over and over and over again till you ragequit, i will ask the support to clean up the name because you quitted anyway. Trust me, you will never feel save again

2 people like this

Posted

I also used two of the same name. Glad I'm not the only one!

I wanted different family name, but all were taken, so I couldn't think of anything.

Posted

I wanted different family name, but all were taken, so I couldn't think of anything.

What name did you want?

Posted

To whoever took the Family Name Nightmare:

Enjoy your 5minutes of total playtime in your whole life, because thats all you will get, i will grind to 50, i will find your character, i will kill you over and over and over again till you ragequit, i will ask the support to clean up the name because you quitted anyway. Trust me, you will never feel save again

lol.gif

7 people like this

Posted

I am really happy ^^

IMG_20160210_081352.thumb.JPG.b077b689ebWitch_Vorlage_A_Seite.JPG.731911eb343921

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ReserveZOOM.thumb.png.e697e2d89faa6bc973

yesss-meme.thumb.png.82e34f9968326349ee6

Not my first choice. (which "timed out" at confirm.)

Still though!

Saving for Kunoichi. Hoping reservations have "no time limit" as promised.

"It is planned to make the reservation without any time limit."

Future_Res_Answer.thumb.png.dc907d2aaf16

@PM_Belsazar was that ever fully confirmed, beyond "it is planned"?

Edited by Someone Else