• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Discussion

1,118 posts in this topic

Posted

So how long will my names be reserved for? I was planning on playing a ranger/archer as my main character but my reserved name is for a male.

But at lauch ill prob play a different class until the male ranger is available and then use my reserved character name.

You could always create a character with the reserved name as a place holder until the class you want is added to the game.  Just delete the character and give your new one the name you reserved.

Posted

All set!  :D

NameRes.PNG

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Posted

You could always create a character with the reserved name as a place holder until the class you want is added to the game.  Just delete the character and give your new one the name you reserved.

ahh, good idea. ty for the tip

Posted

Honestly surprised it wasn't taken quicker, took me like 20 minutes to get into the page when it was crashing at the start. It was my first choice though, so I'm happy

BDreserve.PNG

Posted

15 mins after name reservation opened and it told me it was taken! You beat me to it by just a little bit.  Tsk tsk Im going to have to hunt you down now. ;)

honestly i got the name 1 minute in since it launched, but i couldn't verify cause after the screen showed up it went to error page xD , but what did you get instead i actually wanted "shadow" instead of trade

Posted

ahh, good idea. ty for the tip

This might not be a good idea because once the character is deleted, the name won't be available until 30 days after.

Posted

I AM SO PROUD OF MAKING IT!! been watching this game for years since the development phase, its almost ready for NA!!

namereserve.png

4 people like this

Posted

so many names saved here that I don't see anyone taking 

Posted

so many names saved here that I don't see anyone taking 

When i got this i hit the bong so heavily...

2016-02-11_51921005.JPG

2016-02-11_51903138.JPG

Kameron.png.93fc1dbc0e74a4c15c4dce478af396e2.png

download (1).jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

So how long will my names be reserved for? I was planning on playing a ranger/archer as my main character but my reserved name is for a male.

But at lauch ill prob play a different class until the male ranger is available and then use my reserved character name.

According to official response the names will be reserved indefinitely.

At the moment, reserved names don't expire. However, there may come a time in the future when we decide to release all reserved names. Although, we would announce this ahead of time.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/45awbb/official_gm_response_regarding_how_long_a/

Vubf3TY.png

Posted

i was late to the party but got what i wanted

bdoname.png

2016-02-10_38819713.JPG

Posted

How long will the name be reserved for?

Posted (edited)

Not really, it gave everyone a fair chance to get the names they wanted. You could do it on a phone, most people these days have a smart phone that is capable of getting on the site to reserve a name. What would be unfair would be to have everyone use a client that requires a pc with the client downloaded. I fought with the site for 40 minutes trying to get the name I wanted on my phone no less. This was the fairest way they could do it, even with the crash still the fairest because everyone was getting the same error. Everyone had to jump through the same hoops even if reserving the name took longer than expected the crash didn't change anything or give people an advantage. First come first serve, if you didn't get the name you wanted, don't get your heart on such a generic name. 

Edited by Ryuuji
Acidentle Quote, fixed so it didn't quote.
1 person likes this

Posted

honestly i got the name 1 minute in since it launched, but i couldn't verify cause after the screen showed up it went to error page xD , but what did you get instead i actually wanted "shadow" instead of trade

I got "Import". Im still very happy with my name as i was mostly worried about getting my family "VOC" for the dutch east indies company. Was surprised to see it go that fast! Most people got all anime char names :P

2 people like this

Posted

I got "Import". Im still very happy with my name as i was mostly worried about getting my family "VOC" for the dutch east indies company. Was surprised to see it go that fast! Most people got all anime char names :P

haha, yea im not interested in those weeb names, but man i love trading/crafting i had to fight for that name xD

How long will the name be reserved for?

until you create your character with it on release

1 person likes this

Posted

I AM SO PROUD OF MAKING IT!! been watching this game for years since the development phase, its almost ready for NA!!

namereserve.png

HAHAHAHA

Proud Family.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Changed my mind, awakened warrior fits well with Artorias

Also Abyss looks like it can't be used

maxresdefault.jpgArty.thumb.PNG.68cec9c98e09411725afb35cb

Edited by Lerggio

Posted (edited)

[ Removed ]

Edited by Lanna
1 person likes this

Posted

Hodor

2 people like this

Posted

interested in trading

will offer to pay for 3rd party middleman service to verify both YOUR and MINE are correct/true/real/not-photoshopped

i wasn't aware that family names appeared above..thought it would appear below. i'm very picky :/ Wolf-Outlaw doesn't have the same ring as Outlaw-Wolf (imo)

eJwVwVEOwiAMANC7cAAKFMrcBfwzXqEBwpZsstD6Zby78b2Pec_DrGZTvWQFqLuUMasVHZN7s32MfjS-drFlnMCqXLazvVTAOyQizCmmkDBkJPAxh5tD7xPS4nCJHljqn30-7ub7AwGMIig.HHJIngMvE2EDh0BzZWugLuzpEMk.PNG

Nice grab man!

Posted (edited)

As I'm going to maining archer, I wanted names based on wind/air.

Family name:
Sylph
For those who don't know what that is.. its basically a wind elemental

Character name:
Aurai
The winged nymphs of the breezes from greek mythology

Edited by TimeDawn

Posted

ROFL!!!!!!!!

Lol this wouldn't be nearly as funny to me if my name wasn't Jacob.

Posted

I am hyped for the release. Not long left guys! :)

Posted (edited)

My planned character look's lovely

2016-01-20_23303962.JPG.0609ec26c71ab1f2

my reservation haha.png

Edited by Sour Face
1 person likes this