• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Discussion

1,118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am hyped for the release. Not long left guys! :)

Same!

My planned character look's lovely

2016-01-20_23303962.JPG.0609ec26c71ab1f2

my reservation haha.png

Same here - big planning done ;)

Kameron.png.93fc1dbc0e74a4c15c4dce478af396e2.png

2016-02-11_51903138.JPG

2016-02-11_51921005.JPG

2016-02-11_104144194.JPG

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

2016-02-11_104611313.JPG

Edited by Kameron
1 person likes this

Posted

HAHAHAHA

Proud Family.jpg

HAHAHAHHA

kendrick-lamar_o_987503.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

2016-02-12_76237289.PNG

Sin título.png

1 person likes this

Posted

best name reservation type ever, don't have to download client to obtain name.

Posted

haha, yea im not interested in those weeb names, but man i love trading/crafting i had to fight for that name xD

until you create your character with it on release

What if we don't? Like if we wanted to reserve it for another class?

Posted

My name reservation and the Archer I created. I played around with the
character creation for a couple of days and finally decided to play as an
Archer. To me it seems like a fun class to play + I can identify most with
their appearance.

m2wJBkxtSZ__vNle7EYrIHh6ECIpzxULZWavREcD

yo dawg I heard you like archers :3

Posted

Hope you can live up to your name bro.  Otherwise you're gonna catch a shitload of grief. :)

Thanks for your concern, I'll be alright lol.

Posted

seems like everyone is posting pictures of their characters too. where do I download the character creation program? >;o

Posted

then just let a proxy charachter keep it , reason you get extra slots from packs

9yDA2Rj.png

GQqGojh.jpg

and im set for release

Posted

The current naming system is, imo, a bit of a mess.  Based on what people have seen on the Korean servers (of course its subject to change), your char name is what shows up in chat.  Based on that, it would be reasonable to conclude that char name is your primary identifier and family name just groups your chars together.

However, if you look at the guild roster UI, it sorts by family name.  If the player is logged in it shows their char name otherwise it just shows "-".  This means you can't just use char name as your primary identifier because its useless when guild leadership is trying to go through and review the roster and see who's in the guild (for purposes of culling say, if the limit is reached and they need to decide who to keep in, etc).

The naming system appears to be thrown together without looking across multiple systems and thinking about players identifying themselves to other players and within a guild structure.  If you're going to go with char name as the player's identity then the guild roster should be based on that.  Of course, what to do if multiple chars on an account?  That is a problem which is why they probably chose to show family name.

Problem is, if everyone in your guild knows you by char name its going to be a pain to manage the guild roster.  UNLESS, you pick the same name, which people know you by, for family and char names.  Doing that seems to be the only reliable way to identify yourself both in chat, in your name plate / user frame, and in the guild roster.  Of course that doesn't look great because it redundant.

Just seems more thought needs to be put into naming.  Perhaps its too late with name reservations already done.  But at this point I'm pretty much forced to pick the same name for family and char.

Posted

i missed the date of the name reservation . can i still reserve ? tell me how pls thanks 

Posted

here i am

my_name.thumb.PNG.0ddc0b4bf15d330b265b712016-02-08_55383537.thumb.JPG.3b412da77b2016-02-09_93454950.thumb.PNG.6f4658a899

Posted

Lol nice. I heard you gotta wait 30 days after delete to use the name again though?

haha, yea im not interested in those weeb names, but man i love trading/crafting i had to fight for that name xD

until you create your character with it on release

Posted

Is there no way to simply reset only one of my reserved names? I want to reset just the family name...

Will I be able to quickly reset my names then pick the same character name IF no one has picked it up? I would assume yes but I am not sure if there will be a delay before I can pick up my Char Name again...

Posted (edited)

thanks to whoever took Quest family name lol

Edited by Quest

Posted

Playing with the Char creator and thinking to use this one as my Ranger...

BloodyArrowZ.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Playing with the Char creator and thinking to use this one as my Ranger...

BloodyArrowZ.jpg

Well done! A very interesting and unique look, well thought out.

Posted (edited)

i'm so salty.... i pressed confirm and okay to the name ''Lightning'' like 50 times.... and it didn't give it to me and now it's reserved. what should i name her now...

2016-02-09_422836868.JPG

sorry to say but i got the name 

Edited by LightningFarron
1 person likes this

Posted

sorry to say but i got the name 

I had this feeling that "Lightning" will be a popular pick. Probably all of the Final Fantasy character names are taken by now.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

name_reserv.thumb.png.c97d5c2c11da587381

I have choosed "Poo" for my family name. Is there something wrong with that or i can get it?

Edited by Yuppi

Posted

I reserved mine and it was available so I'm happy :)

Posted

I had this feeling that "Lightning" will be a popular pick. Probably all of the Final Fantasy character names are taken by now.

never knew Fang would be taken :D 

I got FinalFantasy as Family name

thats actually a good name to have for a family name but also dont forget Lightning's name is Claire