• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Comprehensive Black Desert Online Review (August 2016)

33 posts in this topic

Posted

The Forums are some of the best I’ve seen for a MMOG. They are active, have detailed profiles and a nice interface. The quality of the community also seems to be more positive than negative when posting and responding to questions.

نتيجة بحث الصور

8 people like this

Posted

Well there's a rare species, a reviewer that actually plays the game. Enjoyed reading as for the most part it reflects my thoughts regarding BDO although his comments about BDO forums leaves me wondering where this mythical beast actually is "The Forums are some of the best I’ve seen for a MMOG. They are active, have detailed profiles and a nice interface. The quality of the community also seems to be more positive than negative when posting and responding to questions." 

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel the review score is a little on the high side. BDO isn't a 9 in that for the MMO genre its one of the best things to play as the content for group play isn't amazing. BDO excells in some areas but falls flat in others.

I'd give the game a 7, above average but not for everyone.

Posted

I also question the content portion. Yes it has a lot, but it is not varied. It is mostly grind the same mobs over and over or dedicating all day to life skills. So yes it is a lot, but it is more repetitive and mind numbing than raiding repeatedly.

Posted

Community rated at 8 is way too much. Maybe if you turn it upside down and make it a 2, it would be more appropriate.

The Forum may be nice because of the premium forum software they use, but the quality of the forum is below all standards. A chain is as strong as its weakest link, and the vocal community mostly consists of weak links. This could have been resolved, but the publisher is another weak link.

Posted

good review, but the scores are a bit inflated.  aside from the anti p2w whiners, the community is fine.

Posted (edited)

Looks more like a very detailed guide more than a review, and the score is too high, I'd give it a 7 or 8 at max.

The community IN GAME  is nice for the most part, the forums and the communication in general is another story.

Everything else seems quite accurate, good job to whoever put time into it.

As a game guide/review its nice, but lacks some slashing to the Publisher/Developer combo.

Edited by Hadex

Posted

+10 Gameplay????LOL......

Posted

Excellent review.  As far as the forums go things have certainly improved since many of the toxic players have now gone somewhere else even though a few just can't seem to leave even after they claim to have stopped playing the game.  I also doubt that the reviewer judged the entire forum on the toxic players that like to post in the General section (should be renamed to something like Whine and Cry Forum.

Posted

Community rated at 8 is way too much. Maybe if you turn it upside down and make it a 2, it would be more appropriate.

The Forum may be nice because of the premium forum software they use, but the quality of the forum is below all standards. A chain is as strong as its weakest link, and the vocal community mostly consists of weak links. This could have been resolved, but the publisher is another weak link.

More like the developer. 

The only bad thing the publisher did was probably increase profits by the sale of pearl items. However the developer... The list includes: 

Bad ai

Horrid boss design and ai design for them.

Odd design, taking off armour to fight world bosses.

Lack of any true, challenging PVE content.

Odd choices in the upgrading department. (It's like you shouldn't be able to max your armour and weapons)

A weird single player orientated economy.

The huge grind wall that creates a massive disparity between people that have time and people that do not.

Heck some of their choices are down right weird. Like still releasing awakening in sections rather than all together (there's no reason for this from a development standpoint) or just down right stupid balancing revolving around content we don't even have yet.

The drip feeding of content is worse than FFXIV. In FFXIV you get the saltiest and most tastey packet of crisps with droplets of water to wash it down. In BDO you get a pile of sand. 

Posted

Wtf is this? Compliments to the game, wtf, this is the forum, there should only be negativity here.  

If its positive we dont like it, wtf.

Posted

"The Forums are some of the best I’ve seen for a MMOG. They are active, have detailed profiles and a nice interface. The quality of the community also seems to be more positive than negative when posting and responding to questions." 

Um? Rain check on this comment please.

Posted

The drip feeding of content is worse than FFXIV. In FFXIV you get the saltiest and most tastey packet of crisps with droplets of water to wash it down. In BDO you get a pile of sand. 

FeelsBadMan.thumb.png.1cefb5ba42c225adab

Memes aside, it was a good review. The forum review is a little questionable, I've seen some of the stuff that gets said on here, but overall it was solid. 

Posted

More like the developer. 

The only bad thing the publisher did was probably increase profits by the sale of pearl items. However the developer... The list includes: 

Bad ai

Horrid boss design and ai design for them.

Odd design, taking off armour to fight world bosses.

Lack of any true, challenging PVE content.

Odd choices in the upgrading department. (It's like you shouldn't be able to max your armour and weapons)

A weird single player orientated economy.

The huge grind wall that creates a massive disparity between people that have time and people that do not.

Heck some of their choices are down right weird. Like still releasing awakening in sections rather than all together (there's no reason for this from a development standpoint) or just down right stupid balancing revolving around content we don't even have yet.

The publisher could have done two small changes that were suggested to them that would have improved the quality of the forums and the community: link game and forum accounts, enable posting only for paid accounts.

Not only would this solve the issue with people creating new accounts to spam, troll or insult, it would also make people think twice about what they say, as a forum ban would also mean a in game ban.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

"The Forums are some of the best I’ve seen for a MMOG. They are active, have detailed profiles and a nice interface. The quality of the community also seems to be more positive than negative when posting and responding to questions." 

I see very many reasons for this:

-They only go into most guide or class related threads.

-They avoided General during the upoars during "Bad" updates.

- probably just avoided questionable threads, ect.

- OR just blocked everyone who is negative leaving them is a positive forum experience.

I'll always question people who give positive forum reviews due to I've seen a lot of hell on here since NoV 2015. 

Edited by Ainrehtea
1 person likes this

Posted

What a dumb.

Posted

link game and forum accounts

That is still planned, just that the forum software isn't ready for it yet, or something like that.

Posted

That is still planned, just that the forum software isn't ready for it yet, or something like that.

The forum software isn't even ready for 2005 yet.

I can't remember the last time I've encountered forums so badly designed. It's been so long since people with no experience with websites design can make them, even better than these are.

I haven't encountered a forum where a quote can't be added into a comment during editing, instead it quotes in in a completely new comment at the bottom of the page.

It duplicates the same message a half dozen times for no reason at all, for over a year.

It tries to hijack every text edit imaginable from Bold/Color/Font depending on the previous word's.

It tries to hijack the deletion of comments you don't want, causing every time you attempt to delete it to just spam the same comment, inside a quote of another of the same comment, requiring an ENTIRE web-page restart to get it out of your reply.

They haven't fixed year old problems, and I haven't heard anything about a forums overhaul, so I doubt it.

Posted

This game is P2W how can it have a positive review??  Are you people stupid?  May as well put all your money on 00 on the roulette rather than holding out for this game to make it past 1 year

Posted

OMG can't believe someone scored BDO 9.4 oO. Well written review, though

I would rate it 7 at the absolute most. Those scores are over inflated.

Sure the game world is beautiful and combat is fun, but content is not varied, no matter what you choose to do it all becomes a repetitive grind.

I myself would give BDO a 5 as it has too much failings such as BDO feels like a single player gambling game, the game is extremely heavy on RNG, you can't even help out your friends and RNG can cause you to lose progress and go backwards with gear, making even the most patient and dedicated fan rage quit.

Posted

Undeserved praise about the forums aside, it's a very well-written, detailed, and comprehensive review of the game. A really nice run-through of the major strengths and flaws in the game's design.

Nice job.

Posted

Lol didnt read, but i bet its bought + biased review. Bdo is max 2/10, 1 point from boob physics and another point from thigh jiggle

Posted

I like the review, keep up the good job! xD