• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Business > Game

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Note:

I'm not defending any of it. I'm just pointing out it's not blatant lies. It's big boss making bad calls, and employee giving the face.

I think I finally understand, now.

I actually believe Daum (EU) meant well and wanted to bring us what they said they did.

However, either they failed to negotiate with the developers, or they never stood a change to begin with.

Black Desert isn't a game in Korea. It's a business.

Every patch is a business move. The developers try to devise the most profitable release schedules, and then force them on Daum (EU).

Why release all awakenings at once, and risk having people pick their one or two favorite and ignore the rest? Bad business!

It's a lot more profitable to release them one by one and tempt players to spend money on Warrior, and two weeks later spend money on the second awakening, and so on.

Daum (EU) tries to make the changes seem as pleasant as possible, because they can't do anything about it.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

I think I finally understand, now.

I actually believe Daum meant well and wanted to bring us what they said they did.

However, either they failed to negotiate with the developers, or they never stood a change to begin with.

Every patch is a business move. The developers try to devise the most profitable release schedules, and then force them on Daum.

Why release all awakenings at once, and risk having people pick their one or two favorite and ignore the rest? Bad business!

It's a lot more profitable to release them one by one and tempt players to spend money on Warrior, and two weeks later spend money on the second awakening, and so on.

Daum tries to make the changes seem as pleasant as possible, because they can't do anything about it

Gaming everywhere is a business. That still doesn't stop them from making decision that benefit the player, or not going back on those decisions with no warning, or communicating opening with the playerbase. So yes, it is a business, and just like other businesses you want to adapt to the region you are in if you are coming from another region. We are not the KR market. We are the NA and EU markets.

6 people like this

Posted

Hey, 

It's still better than NO MAN'S SKY , right?

glitch man request sky mind

11 people like this

Posted

Stop thinking DAUM is the little brother in their business deal.

Daum is the HUGE company with all the power, pearl abyss is a tiny development studio.  When Daum says, do this, then pearl abyss is the one that jumps to attention, not the other way around.

Posted

Yes, this is why all I spent on the game in addition to buying it was 20 bucks on a couple pets and a little bit on Tears (pre-PVP nerf).

Dead game is dead.  Find a new one boys!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, this is why all I spent on the game in addition to buying it was 20 bucks on a couple pets and a little bit on Tears (pre-PVP nerf).

Dead game is dead.  Find a new one boys!

Its only dead in your small mind.     

3 people like this

Posted

Profit > Art

2 people like this

Posted

Daum is the HUGE company with all the power, pearl abyss is a tiny development studio.  When Daum says, do this, then pearl abyss is the one that jumps to attention, not the other way around.

Very much dependent on their contracted agreement for publishing the IP / code in the US / EU. If the contract states that Daum has little control, guess -----ing what? Daum has little control. Money matters sure. But so does agreements. *Well other than agreements daum seems to make to consumers.

@Caduryn while I agree the game is far from dead, I'll say this, as a regular player, and forum goer. The subreddit has slowed to a crawl, these forums have slowed considerably, the class sections have shrunk in activity, and at least on UNO NA during my gaming hours, active population has either moved to completely different locations than normal, or they've subjectively shrunk as well.

How about you stick to not insulting people? Or are you just as "blind" as the person you quoted and insulted?

3 people like this

Posted

source pls

Posted

Profit > Art

Depends. Markets, and business strategy can be different, and result in widely different results. Sometimes its best to damn the consumer, other situations its far better to work with them. We cannot know for sure what is best without a time machine / alternative reality box.

Posted

Daum/Kakao is a huge company in Korea. However Kakao EU is a tiny company that is just a front for the KR masters. While Kakao KR had a lot of influence on PA, the EU division has very little.

Daum EU is not Daum KR. Not remotely close.

Posted

Depends. Markets, and business strategy can be different, and result in widely different results. Sometimes its best to damn the consumer, other situations its far better to work with them. We cannot know for sure what is best without a time machine / alternative reality box.

One can't deny that most of the mechanics implemented in this game are done with making money as primary goal.

Posted

One can't deny that most of the mechanics implemented in this game are done with making money as primary goal.

Did I? They're going the path that's been chosen. Is it right? We cannot know. Could they change? Sure.

Posted

Did I? They're going the path that's been chosen. Is it right? We cannot know. Could they change? Sure.

No you didnt. Im just trying to say, the game is great but could be much more if every decission isnt made with making as much money as possible in mind. 

Posted

At least one can only hope that they understand the salt thats coming when they arnt straightforward with us. If you gonna bend truth then do it to sheeps (although we still gonna throw them greens at the cash shop)

Posted

$$$ > ♥♥♥

Posted

Very little in the world is completely free of being business.

However you're forgetting that most important part of doing good business... pleasing your clients.

There has to be a balance between doing it for the money and doing it because it's good for your clients and that line is different for everyone; just because it's a business doesn't mean anything in terms of accepting choices made.

As for the dynamic between publisher and developer... PA and Kakao are *very* close and even a chunk of Kakao employees work with PA to actually develop (not just translate) the game. Kakao EU, however, is a tiny company that really can't do much about decisions made in Korea and PA / Kakao are largely doing that thing where they treat the west just like they treat the east and there's a lot of differences between what those gaming cultures expect and will tolerate.

Posted (edited)

Gaming everywhere is a business. That still doesn't stop them from making decision that benefit the player, or not going back on those decisions with no warning, or communicating opening with the playerbase. So yes, it is a business, and just like other businesses you want to adapt to the region you are in if you are coming from another region. We are not the KR market. We are the NA and EU markets.

I'm not defending any of what I stated.

I made a thread about improving the game for both developers and players. This one:

But apparently the developers don't care, because they have a wise businessman guiding their future. and it's totally working out!

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

But apparently the developers don't care, because they have a wise businessman guiding their future. and it's totally working out!

It's unclear if it's actually working out, the more controversial decisions happened after the most recently posted quarterly reports and I'm curious to see if they maintain the same forward momentum or if we're going to see their numbers take a nose dive.

I'm not doom and glooming mind you, just waiting to see where the chips fall.

Posted

Every patch is a business move. The developers try to devise the most profitable release schedules, and then force them on Daum.

It is exactly opposite. The Daum is company what destroyed orginal design of the game and is responsible for casualisation game.

Posted

Profit > Art

you reminded me of those the lines of ink on canvas that sell for millions...

Posted

Inb4 lock

Posted

Holy shit, a business wants to make money?

1 person likes this

Posted

what destroyed orginal design of the game

Is the content the same as in Korea or the original package the developer sent out? Yes.

Is the game earning money? Yes.

Please enlighten me on what exactly has been "destroyed". The game was created by PA in order to generate a revenue stream. Seeing as the revenue stream of Kakao has increased because of this game and seeing as the money being paid to PA has increased, it seems to be working just as intended. :) 

Posted

Is the content the same as in Korea ...

Daum is publisher also in Korea and forcing changes to original game design from long time.

Because of this changes most PvP community already left. Most PvE community will leave tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0