• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Health Potions

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Considering how bursty this game is, we should get back to health potions with a cooldown of two seconds. We also need the big potions they got in KR.

6 people like this

Posted

Considering how bursty this game is, we should get back to health potions with a cooldown of two seconds. We also need the big potions they got in KR.

lol no thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Idiot. We don't need faster HP potions. Getting back full health in few seconds with pots after getting burst to almost nothing is not ok

1 person likes this

Posted

Ill have to disagree. As a well respected member of my group said, and this was before the cooldown lengthening, the PVP at that time was mostly spam HP pot and you're immortal.

This is mainly due to the amount of HP the characters have, amount of damage received in combat, and the amount of HP restored by a potion.

Now theres nothing wrong with the balances between all of that, but the HP potion restores too much for what is lost during a fight.

However, when we're talking high scale AP & DP in the current runnings (250 and upwards, pri, duo, etc)....The amount of damage dealt can pretty much nullify an opponents HP amount.  And so to that note, we could see some more lengthy battles by increasing the HP Pools of the characters, either by passive skills or gems, or gear stats.

I would not be opposed to further HP passive stats at higher levels 55 and onwards......there are a few of these at 100hp each, but I could see a few more not hurting the balances.

Posted

This game is balanced(?) over big HP potions with 2 sec CD. Make HP potions exclusively nerfed for west region was just moronic decision.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you tried to git gud?

Posted

No. Pot spam is cancer. We should get them big pots though, hard they had a 1 min cool down. I'm ok with that

1 person likes this

Posted

Idiot. We don't need faster HP potions. Getting back full health in few seconds with pots after getting burst to almost nothing is not ok

But healing lighthouse that fully heals in 2 second is okay?

1 person likes this

Posted

Heals should be disabled in PvP, from pots and skills like lighthouse

Posted

Heals should be disabled in PvP, from pots and skills like lighthouse

Get out of here, mate. We got no time for folks bashing on support-based class.

@MoZex

1 person likes this

Posted

2 second CD on pots? u kiddin me? I alrdy have carpal tunnel from mashing my potion keys all day long. potion mechanics r dumb as hell in this game tho and need to be revisited. 

lololololnoherbaljuice4u

Posted

omg dont break pvp like seriously its perfect the way it is now with exstra large pots!

Posted

I wish they can change from how much the potion will heal to how much % the potion will heal.

Posted

I wish they can change from how much the potion will heal to how much % the potion will heal.

Then it would turn to tank war, and it's not going to be fun. Most people want the fight to get over with, not dragged out.

Posted

Get out of here, mate. We got no time for folks bashing on support-based class.

@MoZex

There is no support class in BDO

Just cause they can give buffs dosen't make them pure support as they can as much damage as any other class

Posted

i'd like to see te 2sec cd pots again, once awakenings start rolling out you can only pot once anyway xD 

Posted

HP pots shouldn't be allowed in PvP, end of the story.

Posted

HP pots shouldn't be allowed in PvP, end of the story.

pvp and pk is not the same :P

Posted

pvp and pk is not the same :P

If you get PK'd is because you were AFK doing something, you deserve it for being lazy. :ph34r:

If you get someone go red one you and you can't defend yourself, then git gud. Sorry brah, but that's the reality of this game. B|

Posted (edited)

If you get PK'd is because you were AFK doing something, you deserve it for being lazy. :ph34r:

If you get someone go red one you and you can't defend yourself, then git gud. Sorry brah, but that's the reality of this game. B|

xD are you saying that any of what you are saying happend to me? because it didn't :P 

now back on the topic, potions. you say you can't use potions in pvp, but there's only open world pvp/pk/gvg. you need potions for grinding. and then there's gear gaps/differences. explain me how you would fix this issue when you know not every class is made for 1v1 and some are better in group fights. 

Edited by Aedix

Posted

xD are you saying that any of what you are saying happend to me? because it didn't :P 

now back on the topic, potions. you say you can't use potions in pvp, but there's only open world pvp/pk/gvg. you need potions for grinding. and then there's gear gaps/differences. explain me how you would fix this issue when you know not every class is made for 1v1 and some are better in group fights. 

Oh no, just in general, a lot of people complain about PK are usually AFK fishing or training horses.

Posted

Pot spam is the plague that makes this game suck in pvp and pve. Classes should not be designed around it but its a factor in how they are played. Pots should be removed and classes should be given their own sustain and should be made to use their avoidance abilities or be punished.

Posted

I just wish HP potions did more than a sliver of my health.

Posted (edited)

I just wish HP potions did more than a sliver of my health.

In siege, I dont even notice the 500hp whale pot.. Running with 4.2k hp.. Regular pots are useless as of now. Especially with 5s cooldown

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted

hell no

pot spam will make this game retarded