• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Post your current or desired build here!

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi folks!

Let's have some talking about the gear and the gems you are rocking or what you are aiming to, speaking about reasonable plans for the next close future (let's avoid "i want TRI ogre, TRI basilisk, TRI molars.. You get it, not JUST BiS for hardcore players, any preference is allowed!)

I am especially interested in your choices about CC resistances gems!

I will start by posting my current build:

-Red nose's chest: 2 x 5 Dmg reduction

-Bheg's gloves: 2 x BMC Grapple resist

-Muskan's shoes: RBF Adamantine, BMC Swiftness (Dropped it, not what im aiming for, but im actually starting to like it to counter enemy slow debuffs!)

-Agerian Helmet: BMC Memory (Waiting for Giath, the stun resistance is quite nice)

-2 x Blue Coral Earrings (Want those Khalks, but the cheap price of Blue Corals might win over the BiS title)

-Crescent Guardian Ring and SP&AP quest ring

-Basilisk Belt

-Manos Diamond Necklace, thinking about switching to the Ruby one

-Kzarka with 2xRBF power

-Kite shield with Black Spirit Crystal

What is keeping you alive?

Posted

Are you just not using any crit or what's your thought process behind it?

I've experimented a little with the same approach, using CS' crit buff + crit awakening, but felt like skill add-ons were better used on different skills and there was too much downtime on the crit buff. I'm not too sure about it though, so let me know your thought process. :)

I'm kinda hesitant to post my full gear because half of the people are gonna call me a no-life, the other half is gonna call me a noob, so I'll leave stats out, but this is what I'm currently using:

Helmet: Heve (1x BM Memory, 1x BM Intimidation)

Gloves: Bheg (2x BM Valor)

Chest: Tree armor (2x Cobelinus, undecided wether to get BM Cobelinus, Vigor or Armor. Resistance is nice, but Cob is the easiest to get)

Boots: Heve (1x RBF Adamantine, 1x BM Adamantine)

Weapon: Kzarka (2x Power, still need to upgrade to RBF...)

Shield: Kite (Awakened BS crystal)

Rings: 2x MoS (or 2x Outlaw for larger scale stuff)

Earrings: 1x Witch, 1x Fake Witch (I've blown up wayyy too many witches and red/ blue coral earrings already, so Khalk please!)

Belt: Shultz (great value for DUO, Tree is kinda in a weird spot, Basilisk a bit out of reach atm)

Neck: Bares (or T5 Emerald / Ruby depending on the situation)

In addition I have a blue destruction stone for boss fights / PVE and a yellow sturdy protection one for PVP. Without resist necklace, this puts me at 38/73/38/38.

Using a resist neck, I can go over cap on either stun or grab to account for "ignore resist" gems or destruction alchemy stones. I've used a PRI manos ruby necklace for a long time but recently blew it up on a DUO attempt. Grab resist does help a lot, especially against zerkers and other valks, but I've been considering Diamond / Emerald instead lately. Most classes use grabs in the middle of their cc chains instead of using them as opener, so you're already in CC by the time it would make a difference. If someone does open up with a grab, they can't execute a full CC chain on you anyways. Especially stun resist helps a LOT against wizards, kunos, ninjas, etc. and is so hard to get just from crystals that it's definitely something to consider. There's also the annoying glitch where stun / stiffness can actually go through our shield from behind, which is not supposed to happen. It doesn't happen often in 1v1, but in group fights it's quite a big issue with all the CC being thrown around.

So yeah, these are sort of the choices I have to make soon. If I choose to go with a Diamond neck, I'd probably swap out the RBF adamantine for another BM one (knockback is hard to get!). This would put me at 43/63/48/58.

If I do go with Emerald instead, I might even follow your example and give BM Sturdiness another try. I'd lose the crit, but I'd have 68/73/48/48.

So the question is: With Emerald I'd lose crit, but I could use (the easier to get) BM Cobelinus for an extra 4 DR. With Diamond, I could theoretically use BM Vigor / Armor for 63/63/48/58 without losing crit, but it's incredibly difficult to get.

I'd love to hear your thoughts in running a build without extra crit as a valk!

Posted (edited)

Current (Goals):

TRI liverto; + 1 Luck +5 AP( I do PVE 98% of the time, so I have no use for the extra slot currently) (I would like a Kzarka, but then again I also want a Kzarka for my ninja..)

PRI Vangeartz; Doesn't seem worth it to spend so much money going /TRI for such little gains, 2AP and 4 DP :/( Khutum offhand is the dream, having a shield with no DP seems odd)

PRI Red Nose; Cob x 2 to mitigate the HP loss from Breaking Grunil the +11 DP is nice though (TRI eventually)

TRI Bhegs; +2 Att speed/ +1 Att speed/Casting speed

TRI Giath; +2 Casting speed x 2

PRI Muskan's (UPDATED) ( goal is TRI ofc & TET eventually)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DUO Crescent Ring

7 AP Quest ring (DUO crescent eventually)

PRI Witch's (TRI eventually)

DUO Witch's (TRI eventually)

TRI Bares (Would like to get a DUO Manos Diamond Eventually)

Ancient Weapon Core (Duo Basilik's eventually, made a PRI and sold it for profits) I'd rather farm than buy the belts to try and RNG, but farming there wont be happening till I get AP from my other accessories first.

Edited by NiTianErXing

Posted

Are you just not using any crit or what's your thought process behind it?

I've experimented a little with the same approach, using CS' crit buff + crit awakening, but felt like skill add-ons were better used on different skills and there was too much downtime on the crit buff. I'm not too sure about it though, so let me know your thought process. :)

I'm kinda hesitant to post my full gear because half of the people are gonna call me a no-life, the other half is gonna call me a noob, so I'll leave stats out, but this is what I'm currently using:

Helmet: Heve (1x BM Memory, 1x BM Intimidation)

Gloves: Bheg (2x BM Valor)

Chest: Tree armor (2x Cobelinus, undecided wether to get BM Cobelinus, Vigor or Armor. Resistance is nice, but Cob is the easiest to get)

Boots: Heve (1x RBF Adamantine, 1x BM Adamantine)

Weapon: Kzarka (2x Power, still need to upgrade to RBF...)

Shield: Kite (Awakened BS crystal)

Rings: 2x MoS (or 2x Outlaw for larger scale stuff)

Earrings: 1x Witch, 1x Fake Witch (I've blown up wayyy too many witches and red/ blue coral earrings already, so Khalk please!)

Belt: Shultz (great value for DUO, Tree is kinda in a weird spot, Basilisk a bit out of reach atm)

Neck: Bares (or T5 Emerald / Ruby depending on the situation)

In addition I have a blue destruction stone for boss fights / PVE and a yellow sturdy protection one for PVP. Without resist necklace, this puts me at 38/73/38/38.

Using a resist neck, I can go over cap on either stun or grab to account for "ignore resist" gems or destruction alchemy stones. I've used a PRI manos ruby necklace for a long time but recently blew it up on a DUO attempt. Grab resist does help a lot, especially against zerkers and other valks, but I've been considering Diamond / Emerald instead lately. Most classes use grabs in the middle of their cc chains instead of using them as opener, so you're already in CC by the time it would make a difference. If someone does open up with a grab, they can't execute a full CC chain on you anyways. Especially stun resist helps a LOT against wizards, kunos, ninjas, etc. and is so hard to get just from crystals that it's definitely something to consider. There's also the annoying glitch where stun / stiffness can actually go through our shield from behind, which is not supposed to happen. It doesn't happen often in 1v1, but in group fights it's quite a big issue with all the CC being thrown around.

So yeah, these are sort of the choices I have to make soon. If I choose to go with a Diamond neck, I'd probably swap out the RBF adamantine for another BM one (knockback is hard to get!). This would put me at 43/63/48/58.

If I do go with Emerald instead, I might even follow your example and give BM Sturdiness another try. I'd lose the crit, but I'd have 68/73/48/48.

So the question is: With Emerald I'd lose crit, but I could use (the easier to get) BM Cobelinus for an extra 4 DR. With Diamond, I could theoretically use BM Vigor / Armor for 63/63/48/58 without losing crit, but it's incredibly difficult to get.

I'd love to hear your thoughts in running a build without extra crit as a valk!

Well my idea about crit is really simple: we get 80% from CS, then i put a 20% on sharp light, with the awakening we will have 2 more add ons at 58 plus our new crit buffs, it feels ok for me. In addition, we want to use BMC Viper on the gloves eventually (when i get giath/hebetate chest or you get muskan/giath) to fill the missin casting speed.

I also started using shining dash in pvpfor multiple reasons: dmg is really good, i can use it for a quick sinple damage, or when my crit buff isnt running cause already 100% crit, or the terrain is not even and i know SoJ will land on the moon.

Current (Goals):

TRI liverto; + 1 Luck +5 AP( I do PVE 98% of the time, so I have no use for the extra slot currently) (I would like a Kzarka, but then again I also want a Kzarka for my ninja..)

PRI Vangeartz; Doesn't seem worth it to spend so much money going /TRI for such little gains, 2AP and 4 DP :/( Khutum offhand is the dream, having a shield with no DP seems odd)

DUO Red Nose; Cob x 2 to mitigate the HP loss from Breaking Grunil the +11 DP is nice though (TRI eventually)

PRI Grunil Shoes; I dont need to upgrade it to continue to farm so I wont waste the cash, eventually I'll need to use it to fail stack. +20 weght gem +25% knockdown resistance(will probably extract it for me MUSKAN'S when I get them)

DUO Crescent Ring

Ancient Weapon Core (Duo Basilik's eventually, made a PRI and sold it for profits) I'd rather farm than buy the belts to try and RNG, but farming there wont be happening till I get AP from my other accessories first.

I like the idea of the shield especially for the 10% ignore resist, however i thought about going for Nouver and Ruby/Sapphire Manis Earrings to compensate the DP (scales by 3!)

Posted

Current (Goals):

DUO Red Nose; Cob x 2 to mitigate the HP loss from Breaking Grunil the +11 DP is nice though (TRI eventually)

PRI Grunil Shoes; I dont need to upgrade it to continue to farm so I wont waste the cash, eventually I'll need to use it to fail stack. +20 weght gem +25% knockdown resistance(will probably extract it for me MUSKAN'S when I get them)

DUO Crescent Ring

couple of tips,

1) don't stack attack speed because the only abilities we have that scale with it are our kicks, which we rarely use outside of animation cancels

2) move your luck gem into your off hand and put a +5 ap into your 2nd weapon slot.

3) I guess this one is personal preference, but rednose armor is cheaper for a reason...its HP recovery it basically a joke, if you get a chance to upgrade to tree armor then the 200 stagnant health is nice.

4)if your only PVE, then u don't need vangertz and bhegs, drop the van for axiom and get about 15 ap more

Posted

current_build.thumb.jpg.34a688783e01ce3d

future goals:

2x TRI Crescent

2x TRI Witch

TRI Shultz/ Duo Basilisk

TRI Axion

TET ZArka

2x BMC Vigor/ 2x BMC Armor

i have to reroll some of my crystals to get max resis

2 people like this

Posted

current_build.thumb.jpg.34a688783e01ce3d

future goals:

2x TRI Crescent

2x TRI Witch

TRI Shultz/ Duo Basilisk

TRI Axion

TET ZArka

2x BMC Vigor/ 2x BMC Armor

i have to reroll some of my crystals to get max resis

Nice dude, could you post a screen of you profile screen?

couple of questions, whyd you go acc gem on main hand, +4 crit on gloves, +100 divine power over 200 hp/+4 dmg reduction (this one I can understand as a pure ap build its nice to have that extra scaling dmg, and I have been tempted to pull out my cobes and replace them like you did).

Zarka makes it so much nicer to be able to get that intimidation gem in ur helm.

Posted

couple of tips,

1) don't stack attack speed because the only abilities we have that scale with it are our kicks, which we rarely use outside of animation cancels

2) move your luck gem into your off hand and put a +5 ap into your 2nd weapon slot.

3) I guess this one is personal preference, but rednose armor is cheaper for a reason...its HP recovery it basically a joke, if you get a chance to upgrade to tree armor then the 200 stagnant health is nice.

4)if your only PVE, then u don't need vangertz and bhegs, drop the van for axiom and get about 15 ap more

1) I use attack speed to be able to use boss gear on my ninja/plum and have them sit at 5 attack speed

2) This is objectively better, but probably mainly for pvp reasons I'm guessing. I'm not gear for pvp even though my current gear absolutely helps me defend my farm spot.

3) Entirely personal preference like you guessed. I like the way red nose looks, I will never use tree, If I get it I will sell it. Tree is better than red nose I just like the way red nose looks. If I lose because Im missing 200 hp, well you win some you lose some.

4) I've really contemplated this as well, I'd probably buy a +15 and then go for TRI, one thing that would def make me go for axion is getting muskans to compensate for the DP loss, outside of that I just keep telling myself no point it buying axion till nouver/ khutum happens.

Posted

2016-08-30_4494265.thumb.JPG.fc0a8b82f55

couple of questions, whyd you go acc gem on main hand,

i need the 10% ignore resistance

some people say it reduce the resistance by -10% , but my definition is, when the enemy resist my cc i have the chance (10%) to ignore  the resistance and im able to cc him

+4 crit on gloves,

during pvps i dont have always the cs crit buff up, thats why i need the exra crit

+100 divine power over 200 hp/+4 dmg reduction (this one I can understand as a pure ap build its nice to have that extra scaling dmg, and I have been tempted to pull out my cobes and replace them like you did).

exactly, i have +100sp to do more dmg, but when i get my resi gems i will switch to them

in node/siege wars im runnning with this setup too, i dont have dp gear :P

1 person likes this

Posted

some people say it reduce the resistance by -10% , but my definition is, when the enemy resist my cc i have the chance (10%) to ignore  the resistance and im able to cc him

during pvps i dont have always the cs crit buff up, thats why i need the exra crit

exactly, i have +100sp to do more dmg, but when i get my resi gems i will switch to them

looks good man, this is pretty much the ideal build for an ap valk imo.

im just short a zarka and muskans so my gems are bit funky right now. (also I went x2 blue corals and basilisk belt, but the benefits are negligible)

ill be stealing your gem set up :P

Posted (edited)

Ive done a few tests about SP scaling and the results were SO BAD.

200 extra SP barely gave me 30 average extra damage per skill, definetely not worth using them instead of 2 x Black Cobelinus(200 hp, 4 DR and 40 LT come on :3)

You are disgustingly geared mate xD

Edited by Aunatar

Posted (edited)

hey I've not forget to contact you bro, just I had so little time and I've preferred farming bananas too, if you're still around pirates land, I may drop by and pay you a visit one of these evenings, lately there are not many Valks around. Nice gear btw!

Edited by Mjollnir

Posted

hey I've not forget to contact you bro, just I had so little time and I've preferred farming bananas too, if you're still around pirates land, I may drop by and pay you a visit one of these evenings, lately there are not many Valks around. Nice gear btw!

np, im at kuit islamd too, currently im lvling to 60^^

Posted

valk didn't need attack speed? cuz i max it o_o if is useless gonna take some ap in weapon

Posted

valk didn't need attack speed? cuz i max it o_o if is useless gonna take some ap in weapon

casting speed, only thing attack speed effects for valk is our kicks

Posted

thanks.. (going to change all my gems)

Posted

PEN Tungrad x 2

PEN Crescent Rings x 2

PEN Ogre 

PEN Basilisks

PEN Zarka (BM Precision x 2)

PEN TREE (BM Cob x 2)

PEN MUSKAN (BM SWIFTNESS x 2)

PEN BHEG (BM Carmae x2)

PEN Giath (Exp Crystal x2)

PEN NOUVER (Crit Dmg GEM x2 / BM AWAKENING GEM x 2)

PEN Dandelion

we still hit like a wet noodle

2 people like this

Posted

PEN Tungrad x 2

PEN Crescent Rings x 2

PEN Ogre 

PEN Basilisks

PEN Zarka (BM Precision x 2)

PEN TREE (BM Cob x 2)

PEN MUSKAN (BM SWIFTNESS x 2)

PEN BHEG (BM Carmae x2)

PEN Giath (Exp Crystal x2)

PEN NOUVER (Crit Dmg GEM x2 / BM AWAKENING GEM x 2)

PEN Dandelion

we still hit like a wet noodle

Valks burst is retarded not sure what you mean.

Posted

Currently sitting on

- DUO Giath, Muskan, RedNose, Bheg's and +13 Kzarka (TRI Liverto).

I'll go full AP, with Nouver as offhand and all RBF Crystals.

The +Human Damage (20 from Crystals, +/- 30 from Awakening, +12 from Food) are way to juicy to give up on.

Posted

Currently sitting on

- DUO Giath, Muskan, RedNose, Bheg's and +13 Kzarka (TRI Liverto).

I'll go full AP, with Nouver as offhand and all RBF Crystals.

The +Human Damage (20 from Crystals, +/- 30 from Awakening, +12 from Food) are way to juicy to give up on.

Good luck surviving the awakened sorcs and rangers tho.

Posted

http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Valkyrie||7|17|0|2|34|34||4|16|0|3|11|0||2_0|17|0|3|41|41||2_0|17|0|3|17|51||2_0|16|0|3|64|21||2_0|16|0|3|67|70||8|1||1|0||11|1||15|1||18|1||7|1

My current gear gets me here

Total Stats

AP: 148 (145 - 151)
DP: 230

Enhancements
Critical Hit +3
Attack Speed +1
Casting Speed +1

Bonuses
Accuracy +15
Ignore All Resistance +20%
Evasion +12
Damage Reduction +15
Additional Special Attack Damage +1
Max HP +400
Weight Limit +80LT
Grapple Resistance +5%
Knockdown/Bound Resistance +30%
Knockback/Floating Resistance +10%
Max MP/WP/SP +30

Enhancement Effects
Increased AP
Accuracy
Increased Accuracy
Evasion

Posted

I'm a valk, those classes don't bother me. Grab them once GG.

Posted

Rangers have grab with awakening.

1 person likes this

Posted

the sorc is the one that scares me, the desynch on their iframes and shit make it impossible to land a cc, ranger is meh, their awakenings makes them melee and forces them to engage at close range

grab a sorc, lulz. that's a good one

Rangers have grab with awakening.

most people are running with a grapple resist manos on them or at least in their inventory to switch out if needed. ranger awakening is one of the few im not really worried about

Posted

Not even sure that's the case anymore since the Valencia patch made all other classes rely on only 1 speed (ie, sorcs no longer need attack speed for anything).