• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will RNG ever be lowered down?

Rng   48 votes

1. 1. Will RNG be made easier?

• No
    • Yes
    • MORE MONEY MORE PROBLEMS!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you guys think RNG will ever be lowered?

so that 50% - 50% Says maybe! Keeping voting so i can personally get an accurate picture of what people think. 

Posted

No. This isn't NA-origin game. RNG is RNG, and you can't lower it, or increase it because it's RNG.

For an instance. I want a gear in Deadmine in World of warcraft. I farmed it hundred time, and not a gear dropped.

My friend did the deadmine four time, and the gear dropped for him.

What happened? RNG factor. 

This is why we need to start derailing the new RNG complaints that get posted on General. RNG won't be adjusted, and they're there to hold you to the game longer. 

Posted (edited)

No. This isn't NA-origin game. RNG is RNG, and you can't lower it, or increase it because it's RNG.

For an instance. I want a gear in Deadmine in World of warcraft. I farmed it hundred time, and not a gear dropped.

This is why we need to start derailing the new RNG complaints that get posted on General. RNG won't be adjusted, and they're there to hold you to the game longer. 

but WoW RNG doesnt destory your gear or make you pull your hair out despite showering it in money. 

I'll be back later tonight! Lets see what people think about the future RNG!

Edited by p2ww
1 person likes this

Posted

I said no, because its an Korean game and ohh boy do they like their rng!

Posted

in time old content will be easier to gear up!

Posted

but WoW RNG doesnt destory your gear or make you pull your hair out despite showering it in money. 

I'll be back later tonight! Lets see what people think about the future RNG!

The thing is, rather simply explained. This is a korean-based game with korean origin.

The developers in Korea made most of their MMORPG to rely extremely heavy on RNG because it's the biggest factor that keep the players to the game. It is going to be hair-stretching, lot of yelling at monitor, and being upset. That alone is the reason why most people would not leap to trying out a MMORPG if it's made by folks in South Korea.

Posted

The thing is, rather simply explained. This is a korean-based game with korean origin.

The developers in Korea made most of their MMORPG to rely extremely heavy on RNG because it's the biggest factor that keep the players to the game. It is going to be hair-stretching, lot of yelling at monitor, and being upset. That alone is the reason why most people would not leap to trying out a MMORPG if it's made by folks in South Korea.

But i thought they brought BDO with changing it for NA in mind. I thought the devs mentioned how they were tailoring it towards us specifically, a lot of people don't like the RNG here, as a matter of fact people are getting sick of it as it' sbeing introduced to so many games looking to make a quick buck off their customers, but this is an mmorpg. People will always be showering the game in money if you arent forcing it. 

Posted

But i thought they brought BDO with changing it for NA in mind. I thought the devs mentioned how they were tailoring it towards us specifically, a lot of people don't like the RNG here, as a matter of fact people are getting sick of it as it' sbeing introduced to so many games looking to make a quick buck off their customers, but this is an mmorpg. People will always be showering the game in money if you arent forcing it. 

The thing is, the developers are seriously gravitated toward trying to get many updates going to push NA/EU to KR verison immediately. Which is taking quite the time for them to get us to their verison. They won't implement several things, til we're finally there. Many players wanted awakening right now, and well we're getting awakenings. Of course by slower pace.

Posted

The thing is, the developers are seriously gravitated toward trying to get many updates going to push NA/EU to KR verison immediately. Which is taking quite the time for them to get us to their verison. They won't implement several things, til we're finally there. Many players wanted awakening right now, and well we're getting awakenings. Of course by slower pace.

Now we play the waiting game. Oh boy daddy! I hope the RNG doesnt turn off loads of new players that would be terrible!

Posted

Now we play the waiting game. Oh boy daddy! I hope the RNG doesnt turn off loads of new players that would be terrible!

The thing is, there is a way to avoid getting ruined by RNG. Which we all mostly call it, Failstacking. It's a feature that is visible to your eyes when you upgrade your equipments with blackstone. Where it'll say +1, +2, +3. These are failstacks.

Failstacks increase the chance of success, and the higher the numbers of +. The more likely you'll succeed the upgrade. 

Posted

There will be a cash shop item for better RNG. ;)

Posted

The thing is, there is a way to avoid getting ruined by RNG. Which we all mostly call it, Failstacking. It's a feature that is visible to your eyes when you upgrade your equipments with blackstone. Where it'll say +1, +2, +3. These are failstacks.

Failstacks increase the chance of success, and the higher the numbers of +. The more likely you'll succeed the upgrade. 

Fail stacking doesn't stop someone from getting ruined by RNG, particularly trying to gof for TRI or above, or on any accessory. It caps out when going to TRO or above at a pretty low percentage success chance.

Posted

Hahaha, you people are still responding to this Wooley dude, hahahaha, omg people , feeding the troll lololol :D 

Mentally retarded troll, with small ----- and is bullied in school who constantly changes account and even speak to himself on those. 

Don't feed the troll lolol :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

There will be a cash shop item for better RNG. ;)

haven't seen you around in a while. Welcome bagel

1 person likes this

Posted

Hahaha, you people are still responding to this Wooley dude, hahahaha, omg people , feeding the troll lololol :D 

Mentally retarded troll, with small ----- and is bullied in school who constantly changes account and even speak to himself on those. 

:^)

Posted

An argument about RNG? lol

Posted

An argument about RNG? lol

Everyone'll argue about everything. :^)

Posted

no because not a single person from their european staff is playing the game to see how ridiculous it is 

1 person likes this

Posted

Incorrect!  I program applications and games on the side and write in massive amounts of RNG ( Random Number Generation ) routines. It adds excitement and fairness to everyone since everyone has the same chance as everyone else. You have to implement a RNG seed which is the basis for the generation. Usually this is ( in my case anyway ) based on a percentage such as 50%/50% which would be perfectly balanced over the course of a certain amount of time. Lets say it's 50%/50%. That means that out of possible 1000 attempts at something, 500 people would hit. I don't think this is the way it is in BDO in most cases. It seems more like 20%/80% or less.  If it is, then out of a possible 1000 attempts, 200 people would hit. If the seed is 5%, then based on the same scenario, only 50 people would hit out of 1000 attempts.  If they included a nested routine, then another RNG routine would be embedded that would decide if the item breaks or something on a failed attempt. The percentage of the random generation is based on a percentage and CAN be adjusted.  At my last job when asked about the RNG seed, I would answer 65%, or 82%, or something like that. Depending on how it's written it could be the percentage of Fail, or Win. 

The bottom line is that it "can" be adjusted. But "will it" be adjusted is a better question.  My guess is no it won't.

Failstacks modifies the RNG seed % based on my last post.

Posted

Well rng is rng. That wont change.

But I believe they will make enhancing easier at some point. Western gamers generally dislike this type of brutal rng where you blow stuff up or degrade items, loose everything. Just doesn't sell here, compared to a Korean playerbase that strangely embraces it(or they never experienced anything else).

They want the game to sell well in NA/EU, so I'm sure even more stuff will be made easier to fit our crowd that dislikes resistance from game mechanics. It's already a bit easier to enhance past +15 in our version, so wouldn't be surprised if they take it even further.

Posted

korean game

will korea become us/eu? no

will rng be lowered? yeah, when korea becomes us/eu...

Posted (edited)

Allahu Akbar brother! I don't even know who this wooley dude is... What did this wooley do to you? I'm curious because he sounds really mean and cruel. 

Edited by p2ww

Posted

RNG Desert Online definitely need to be turn into Less Rng Desert Online.

But well, since that game is RNG, guess the money i give them is subject to RNG too, and too bad, since all that time, RNG didnt wanted me to give them more money.

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG Desert Online definitely need to be turn into Less Rng Desert Online.

But well, since that game is RNG, guess the money i give them is subject to RNG too, and too bad, since all that time, RNG didnt wanted me to give them more money.

Wow it happened to you? The RNG on my wallet won't let me give daum games anymore cash too! 

Posted

apparently OP doesnt even understand what RNG is

You dont "lower down" RNG, you either increase the range in which success occurs, or you include more mechanics that circumvent it 

sigh

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0